Healing // d.m.

Par genevieveperidot

"She did not need to see life through rose-coloured glasses. Life with him was more beautiful than it can be... Plus

| 0 |
| 1 |
| 2 |
| 3 |
| 4 |
| 5 |
| 6 |
| 7 |
| 8 |
| 9 |
| 10 |
| 11 |
| 12 |
| 13 |
| 14 |
| 15 |
| 16 |
| 17 |
| 18 |
| 19 |
| 20 |
| 21 |
| 22 |
| 23 |
| 24 |
| 25 |
| 26 |
| 27 |
| 28 |
| 29 |
| 30 |
| 31 |
| 32 |
| 33 |
| 34 |
| 35 |
| 36 |
| 37 |
| 38 |
| 39 |
| 41 |
| 42 |
| 43 |
| 44 |
| 45 |
| 46 |
| 47 |
| 48 |
| 49 |
| 50 |
| 51 |
| 52 |
| 53 |
| 54 |
| 55 |
| 56 |
| 57 |
| 58 |
| 59 |
| 60 |
| 61 |
| 62 |
| 63 |
| 64 |
| 65 |
Bonus Chapter | 1 |
Bonus Chapter | 2 |

| 40 |

2.9K 110 86
Par genevieveperidot

  CATHERINE
was balancing trays of food with one hand, the other frantically searching for her wand in her pocket. She was glad she decided not to use a leash on Smalls because that would mean she had an extra thing to hold. Luckily Smalls was smart enough to stay in place like the good boy he was and followed instructions well. He was carrying two trays of banana cupcakes on his back and was trying his best not to lose control. Deep down Smalls wanted to toss the thing open and gobble the cupcake all to himself.

  "State your purpose." The iron gates of Malfoy Manor spoke to her. She knew she had to say something but all she had to do was show it the ring Draco gave her, which was now a necklace around her neck.

  Her purpose was to drop off a surprise lunch for him and his friends. He said that they would be in the Manor discussing strategies or something. She was glad Draco didn't get sent far away looking for the stone, but it worries her that his spirit of fighting was far too great.

  Catherine further fumbled with her coat pockets to no avail and the face on the gate became even more grumpy, "State your purpose!!" It screamed.

  "Yeah I got that, just please wait a second." She was now irritated.

  Finally her hands found her wand on the back pocket of her dark blue jeans. With a swish and flick the trays of food floated in the air. She tugged the hem of her yellow knitted turtleneck sweater down and clasped the golden chain around her neck, showing the gate the emerald ring. It hesitated for a while, denying that she has one of the Malfoy's family heirlooms. The gate had no choice but to let her in.

  "Come on, Smalls. Remember to stay quiet, okay? And stay close to me." She lifted the charm and resumed holding the tray.

  Catherine knew Cissy would be on the other end of the Mansion, probably painting by the garden balcony. Or maybe she would have some friends over. Catherine made a mental note to visit her later. She made his way up the stairs where his study would be, hoping there won't be that many people. She was not in the mood to really mingle with Slytherin elites. She still hasn't befriended Nott and Zabini.

  She motioned for Smalls to sit and wait outside. The big wooden door was left slightly ajar so Catherine nudged it open slightly enough for her slender body to enter. She didn't want to disturb them if they were in the heat of the conversation.

  Zabini and Parkinson were sitting awfully close on the black velvet couch. His hand was on her lap, stroking her skin slightly, trying to cheer her up. Catherine forgot how beautiful she actually is when she's not running her mouth. Her face is now more mature, her lips no longer robust. But she was so somber as she read the mountains of papers that were staring at her.

  Nott and Pucey along with some other gentlemen were lounging by the bar, sipping some red wine. Nott was obviously being annoying because the audience sighed at his words. Greengrass was with them. Daphne Greengrass... she forgot how beautiful she looked. Blonde hair with pearl earrings, dolled up in a black silk halter neck dress.

  Swallowing a lump in her throat, she scanned the room for him. Catherine was grateful that no one saw her yet, she was so not ready to enter the room. Her eyes finally landed on him. His usual white button up messily tucked in. The sleeves rolled up exposing his strong arms that were pointing onto something on the desk. He seemed to be in a very serious conversation. His other hand kept running through his hair. She noticed that his tux was draped on the king seat behind him. All the men were wearing formal tuxes. Is this what rich pureblood people wear daily?

  Catherine took a deep breath, steadying her racing heart, willing her brain to calm down so she could enter, but her eyes caught a movement just right beside him. A delicate hand, wearing a golden bracelet that must've cost more that her entire furnished house. Catherine traced the movement up to the silver curls of the woman's hair that landed just by her chest. Her face was a picture of art. She can see the resemblance she had with the sister. There was no doubt Astoria Greengrass grew to be an elegant lady. Even the way she stands so poise and straight, with the skin tight velvet dress. Her lips moved to reply to what Draco was saying then laughed, he heard tipping back and she placed a hand on his shoulder.

  Catherine shut her eyes closed. Her whole body felt hot and her cheeks were burning. He could have friends, she reassured herself. She was not going to be that type of girl who's going to bitch about his man being in the same air with another woman. But the sound of Greengrass laughing again accompanied with Draco's soft laughter made something in the stomach boil stronger.

  I am fine. He's allowed to have lady friends. She reminded herself.

  But his lady friends are all beautiful and exquisite.

  Catherine suddenly felt so out of place.

  Screw it.

  Catherine leaned backwards a bit, relieved to find a table nearby with a vase of orchids in the middle. She could easily place the food right outside and leave before anyone saw her. Then she had to be a ninja in escaping the Mansion, in hopes that she wouldn't bump into Cissy that would surely drag her in to meet Draco.

  She slowly takes a step back, trying her best not to make a sound. With her brown fluffy boots she tiptoed a few steps and placed the trays of food by the table, picking up the trays behind Small's back as well.

  "Okay, let's go." She whispered to Smalls, motioning her to keep quiet and walk towards the stairs.

  Catherine almost laughed at the way Smalls tried his best to walk gingerly, lifting his paws a little softer than usual when suddenly a shining translucent wall appeared right in front of her. She immediately placed her hands over her mouth suppressing a scream. Poor Smalls practically bumped his whole face in, whimpering as he retreated.

  "Leaving so soon, Mam?" Draco's voice echoed from behind her.

  Catherine slowly turned around, her hand still covering her mouth. Draco stood there with a disappointed look, crossing his hands around his chest, raising an eyebrow. Smalls growled at him and frowned.

  "You brought the mutt along as well. Did you really think you could actually leave without seeing me?" He asked her like it was a stupid question.

  Catherine took a deep breath, "I was just here to drop off some food, I'm busy so I have to go." She signalled her hand towards the stairs.

  "Where are you going?" He asked, still standing a few feet away.

  "To work."

  "It's your day off." Draco remembered, giving her a smug face.

  "I'm volunteering... at the clinic." She tried to think of something at the top of her head.

  "It's Sunday. You said you volunteer on Monday."

  Damn him and his brilliant memory. "Smalls was hungry." She said pointing at her dog. Smalls' eyes went wide and he slowly shook his head as if he was trying to say I play no part in this.

  "I think I have food for him here. Any other excuses?"

  The sound of the Greengrass sister laughing made her cringe slightly, and Draco caught it.

  "What did you see?" He asked.

  "Nothing."

  "You're forgetting that you can't lie to me, darling."

  "Fine I saw you and her... I mean Greengrass... and several others." She murmured, suddenly focusing on the chip on her nail. She bets Astoria Greengrass never had a chipped nail.

  Merlin, what was wrong with her? She never felt like this, getting riled up over someone that did her nothing wrong. "But I'm just here to drop the food over and I didn't know how many people would be here so I'm not sure it's enough for everybody. I didn't know the girls would be here either."

  "Catherine..." Draco tried again.

  "It's nothing I know." She said immediately.

  "I didn't say anything." He shrugged.

  "Argh! Just drop it okay? And drop this stupid spell." She knocked on the wall and it felt like glass.

  "Catherine Ariendra, are you jealous?" He asked, confidently with a stupid grin on his face.

  "I am not!" she exclaimed.

  "Catherine."

  "I am so not jealous."

  "Sure..."

  She threw her hands in the air, "Why would I be jealous. You are allowed to have friends, Draco. Especially beautiful, smart, classy friends like her that look really pretty. Her dress was so pretty I swear, what does she eat to get a body like that." Catherine wanted the ground to swallow her whole.

  "So you are jealous." He started to walk towards him. Slowly but confidently his long legs moved to get closer to her. It was like he was stalking his prey. His smile was so wide it annoyed him even more.

  "I am not!" Catherine emphasised. Her whole body got hotter by the second. "I am not the type of person that gets jealous, Draco. It's fine really, and drop the smile"

  Draco was now finally right in front of her and Catherine backed away until her back touched the glass wall.

  "You're jealous." He said again with his blinding smile unwavering.

  "Fine! Alright maybe a little. Stop smiling!" Catherine told him. "Why the hell are you smiling!"

  "Because you're jealous." He placed a hand right beside her head by the wall, "Which means you care. I have to get used to having someone that cares about me."

  He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "You have nothing to be jealous about." He reassured her again.

  "You sure?" She replied, her eyes focusing on her shoes.

  Draco slowly lifted her head with a thumb on her chin, willing for her to look at him. When her eyes locked with his, it was like all her fears melted away.

  "Don't you ever be insecure, not when you are the owner of my whole heart. When you do get insecure you talk to me, so I can crush them." He cupped her cheek, his thumb running soft circles on her cheek. "Stop thinking about it. I choose you. There's no one else for me, love."

  "When you say things like that I don't know what to say." She pouted.

  "And when you pout your lips like that," his thumb skimmed her lower lips. "I have no choice but to kiss you."

  His hands gripped her hips, pushing her against the wall. His head tilted his head and pressed his lips against hers. Draco kissed her like a man starved for air. His kisses always managed to intoxicate her fully, draining her of all her other senses. This one was his way of showing her not to worry. A kiss that told her to wipe all her insecurities because he made her feel like the chosen one in his eyes. That was all that mattered to her.

  Catherine grabbed a fist of his shirt and pulled him closer, forgetting about the wrinkles that may appear later. His tongue begged for entrance against her lips and she opened her mouth to allow it. They performed a symphony against her own, intertwining just like their hearts did. If this was the high, she would never want to come down.

  Draco pulled back slightly and whispered, "You smell like cherries, have I told you that?"

  Catherine chuckled slightly, her arms now snaking across his neck, twirling his soft blonde hair on the nape of his neck, "it's my middle name."

  Draco looked at her confused, "what does that—"

  He was interrupted by Smalls barking. At first Catherine thought he got bored and started staking his claim again. But when she looked at him, he was barking at Nott who was caught red handed holding the trays of food that Catherine had left. One of his feet was desperately trying to open the door.

  Draco's eyes pierced his as he squinted to look at him. His grip on her hips tightened pulling her close as if he wanted to protect her.

  "You can't kill your friends, Draco." She reminded him.

  "Fucking shame." He gritted out.

  "Hey don't look at me!" Nott told them. "Please continue with your activities. I was just hungry and we smelled food so I'm just going to get this inside. Thank you Catherine, you're the best!"

  Catherine gave him a small wave before he disappeared inside the study room. They could hear him announce, "We've got food!"

  Draco groaned and placed his head on her shoulder like he's tired of dealing with his friend's perks. "I don't want to go in yet."

  Catherine tried his best to distract him, "How is work? Any progress?"

  "We found the fourth stone." He stated casually.

  "What?? Where?"

  "It was one of the rubies.. in the sword of Gryffindor. Potter found it, being worthy and all..." he told her. "Professor Mcgonagall is keeping it safe at Hogwarts so I don't want you anywhere near the school, okay?"

  "First of all, why would I go to Hogwarts? Second, didn't you say one of the stones is in your house?"

  Draco continued, "Potter took the stone. He hid it somewhere else. I had no say in that. You really think I would allow you anywhere near it?"

  Well then.

  "I don't want you anywhere near this mess Catherine, not the Ministry, not Hogwarts, not even helping an after-raid disaster. I just want you safe, okay? I'm not taking any chances. With your step-father..."

  "Hey," she cupped his cheek, "now it's your turn to stop overthinking."

  Draco sighed, "What did you make for lunch?"

  "Shepherd's pie." Catherine answered with a grin.

  His body became rigid and he stood straight, grabbing her hand, "Fucking hell... then come on, I'm not sharing that!"

  Catherine didn't even have time to protest, he just dragged her in.

———

  They were no longer children in school. No longer Slytherins nor Hufflepuffs. They were just mature adults discussing a plan against one common enemy. At first, Catherine was like a bee that was lost inside the snake pit but they didn't make her feel that way. Parkinson was civil and the Greengrass sisters asked her to call them Daphne and Astoria. Even Nott told her to drop the last name basis since 'you're snogging my best friend anyway'.

  Catherine didn't want to interrupt them so she sat on the couch with Smalls curled on her lap. The poor boy was passed out cold after playing fetch with Adrian and Blaise, then he was attacked with belly rubs from the ladies.

  "Why does he like everyone else but me?" Draco asked Catherine at one point, glaring at Smalls.

  They were still discussing a way to strike. Their main objective was to kill Lucius Malfoy. She could see Draco's eyes glistening with raw anger every time he mentions his name. Their problem was they didn't know where they're hiding now and they needed the element of surprise.

  "What if we just scout the area they used to go to?" Daphne gave an idea.

  "Yeah." Adrian agreed, "We could go again to one of the lands your father owns. Maybe they built something now or they casted a spell over the place to make it invisible."

  Pansy shot up. She's like the part pooper of the team. "And how many times have we done that? Did we get any results??"

  "What about seeking out to them, let them know we don't want to start a war and talk things out." Astoria innocently added.

  "And what? Hope we could all hold hands and drink tea on Sundays??" Pansy commented.

  With all the chatter going on around in the room, Catherine's eyes focused on Draco's. He was trying his best to listen to his dear friends but she knew how tired he was. All she wanted was to steal him out of here and have some afternoon cuddles with ice cream.

  With an idea in her mind, Catherine spoke up. "What if you lure them out?"

  Her sudden outburst made everyone quiet down and look at her. Even Draco was surprised and raised an eyebrow. She told him at the beginning that she wasn't supposed to hear any of this since it should be classified and that Harry wouldn't like it if she knew. Draco insisted that it's fine, since she had the right to know everything connected to her father. He even added 'to hell with fucking Potter."

  "Lure them, like a trap?" Blaise asked her. It was only then she realised his arm was around Pansy's.

  "Yeah." She tried to elaborate. "It's like when you want to catch a rat, you have to put some cheese on the trap. So why don't you put some bait that they could catch, so you can lure them out and strike when they do."

  Everyone was just looking at her animatedly. Blinking softly like she was a cartoon.

  "It's a bad idea isn't it..." She tried to engage the room.

  Catherine was grateful when Blaise said, "No, I think that's an excellent idea. Since we don't know where they are, I think it's best to lure them in a place that benefits us in an attack."

  With everyone nodding in agreement, Catherine smiled. It felt good to help and not just sit here like a duck.

  "But what's going to be the bait?" Pansy asked.

  "Oh I can do it!" Catherine raised her hand in pure excitement. "I mean Lucius Malfoy probably wants to kill me already. Tried it once but failed... and I'm sure my step-father would love to have another chance at murdering me so I can be bait!"

  Theo smiled and sat up straight, "That's actually not a bad ide-"

  Draco cut them both immediately, "That's a fucking horrible idea!!", he shot daggers at Theo like he always does.

  "Horrible." Theo said then looked away, now afraid of him. He leaned back to his chair. "Horrible idea."

  "I agree with luring them out." Draco eyed Catherine dangerously, making her cower behind Smalls. "But not you being the bait. There's no way in hell that is happening, Catherine."

  Theo giggled like a little girl and whispered to Blaise, "He called her Catherine," before the both giving him a high-five.

  They continued to talk about strategies and locations, and Catherine started to tune them out. She finally ventured outside to look for Cissy, even helping her in the garden for a little while. They prepared some dinner together and brought them to the study room. Catherine finally went to Draco's bedroom, and decided that it was best to wait for him here.

  She didn't know when she fell asleep on his bed, in one of his sweaters and boxer pants. All she remembered was some time in the middle of the night, the bed dipped slightly and strong arms wrapped around her torso, holding her tight.

  "Thank you for today. I love you." He whispered in her ear and they both slept peacefully.

I hope you like this chapter, I have been thinking about this scene for quite sometime and it's now finally into words. Don't forget to let me know your thoughts and vote! Enjoy the cute and happy Draco x Cathy scenes while you can :)

Hugs and Kisses, Genevieve 🌻

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

1.2K 37 10
"Even the moon passes through phases to return to full - healing takes time." (Sonia). The aftermath of the Battle of Hogwarts is a time for healing...
12.9K 495 29
Y/N is a muggle born. All her life she had been taught normal things. But when her Hogwarts letter arrives, she can't help but be giddy with exciteme...
9.3K 237 35
The war is over. This is a time for new beginnings. This is the time for redemption. When Draco Malfoy receives his letter, he knows he has to go bac...
71.2K 2.3K 49
(A Draco Malfoy x she/her Reader fanfiction) Your time as a Hufflepuff at Hogwarts and the Second Wizarding War is a few years behind you as you star...