Harry potter and the war of l...

By paterdave2

This is a Harry Potter Fanfiction. I don't own any rights they all are J.K.Rowlins The story starts the day a... More

Harry potter and the war of life
Chapter 2 Home sweet home
Chapter 3 Sirius' Return
Chapter 4 Returning to Hogwarts
Chapter 5 Details and Arrangements
Chapter 6 Attack on the Burrow
Chapter 7 At the ministry
Chapter 8 Statements and Confrontation
Chapter 9 A birthday to remember
Chapter 10 Trouble in paradise
Chapter 11 Letters
Chapter 12 The three broomsticks
Chapter 13 Diagon Alley
Chapter 14 George
Chapter 15 the Hogwarts express
Chapter 16 The New Teachers
Chapter 17 first lesson
Chapter 18 A lunar problem
Chapter 20 wolf talk
Chapter 21 Revelations
Chapter 22 Fighting Voldemort
Chapter 23 More revelations
Chapter 24 What is it with Malfoy
Chapter 25 Halloween
Chapter 26 Something Forgotten
Chapter 27 Wandless Wonders
Chapter 28 Travel arrangements
Chapter 29 Unexpected
Chapter 30 What to give to the Weasley's
Chapter 31 Fight with Ginny
Chapter 32 Talks with Molly
Chapter 33 Change of plans
Chapter 34 Christmas at the Potters
Chapter 35 Unexpected presents
Chapter 36 Arriving for diner
Chapter 37 Diner
Chapter 38 Talks
Chapter 39 Taking Dudley home
Chapter 40 Trip to Paris
Chapter 41 Trouble at the ministry
Chapter 42 Back at Hogwarts
Chapter 43 Decisions
Chapter 44 The voice of Hogwarts
Chapter 45 What to do with Sirius
Chapter 46 Draco Forgiven
Chapter 47 New Problems
Chapter 48 Trapped
Chapter 49 New information
Chapter 50 The Leader
Chapter 51 Wonders and attacks
Chapter 52 No time to Celebrate
Chapter 53 Letters from home
Chapter 54 Family Talks part 1
Chapter 55 Family Talks part2/Last train ride

Chapter 19 Meeting the Baylay's

828 13 1
By paterdave2

AN

Wow this is going fast.

I will give you guys some rest because it is weekend(lol)

I don't know what is going on but well the chapters are just flowing out of my computer at the moment.

Hope you like it and please please please leave a comment and vote

(I know I ask it in my last 3 chapters but I really would like to know what you guys are thinking about the story)

Hope to have a new chapter out soon.

Paterdave2

End AN 

Chapter 19 Meeting the Baylay's

The next two days Harry didn't see Hedwig, he thought Bill needed some extra time and talk to Fleur about it. 

He hoped he had a reply on Friday but at lunch that Wednesday he saw Hedwig fly in with a letter tied around her leg. 

He looked at her and caught her on his arm. 

She took the ham he offered her with enthusiasm that made Harry think she had not eaten in days. 

He shared some water with her and stroke her back.
She looked at him with affection as Harry took the letter he said to her.
"Thank you girl, now go on and rest." He said to her.
The owl hooted her thanks and took off.
Harry opened the letter and read.

"Dear Harry

Thanks for the letter. 

Off cource I will help you and talk to the poor girls family.
You name the place and time and Fleur and I will both be there.
Also if it is okAmy I would like to talk with you first about it to get some extra details.
I would like to meet tonight in your office but I will floo call you before I come over.
Shall we say at seven tonight I will contact you?
Talk to you than.

Say hi to Ginny, Ron and Hermione for me

Bill"

"Yes!" he said.
McGonagall looked at him and saw the letter in his hand.
"He agreed than I think." She said.
"Yeah he did," said Harry, "he wants to meet me first tonight so we can go over some extra details and than I will contact the family."
"Good do you mind telling me afterwards how your talk with Bill went?" McGonagall asked him.
At that moment the Bell rang and Harry had to hurry to get to his first lesson with Sirius. 
Harry entered the classroom with Ron, Hermione and Ginny.
He sat beside Ginny and said to her that Bill said hi.
"What you already got a reply? What did he say?" She wanted to know.
"He what is it?" Said Ron who sat with Hermione on the other side.
"Nothing." said Harry who knew Hermione would be listening in. 

At that moment Sirius walked in from the office, good afternoon, he began.
After taking the attendance list the lesson started.
After Harry's lessons had ended for the day he went straight his office.
Got out his old map end after a "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good" the marauders map showed him Hogwarts. 
He looked and found Mr. Baylay. He was alone in the library.
Harry left his office after a "Mischief managed" and went straight to the library. 

He found Mr. Baylay at the same table he had seen him on at the marauders map and walked over to him.
"Mr. Baylay can I have a word please?" He asked him.
"Sure professor what is it." Said the boy.
"Well you remember what I told you on Monday?"  Harry asked.
The boy nodded and Harry continued.
"So please follow me as this is not the place to talk about that."
They left the library and went into an empty classroom.
"Well I have written a letter to that friend I told you about," Harry started. "and he and his wife are willing to talk to your parents and sister. I will meet them tonight so they can get some more information about what happened and I would like you to attend this little meeting. If you could be at my office at seven you can better explain what happened than I can. "

The boy could not believe his ears.
There were people who were willing to help him and his family even if there was the chance that his sister was a werewolf.
"Sure sir I will be there." 
"Good," Said Harry, "now if you excuse me I have a visit to make to your parents."
"Can I come to sir?" the boy asked.
"Well I will ask Professor McGonagall if it is ok and if she agrees than I will come for you."  Harry said to Mr. Baylay.
"I will be waiting in the library sir." Said the boy.
Harry left the boy and went straight to Minerva's office. 

He knocked on the door.
"Enter" he heard her say.
"Ah Harry what can I do for you?" She asked him.
"Well Minerva I want to ask if I can take a student for a little trip." Harry said cryptically.
"What do you mean Harry?" Minerva asked him
"Well as you know Bill replied that he wants to help, and I want to see the girls parents. I think it would be better if our student is with me so that the girls parents know it is true what I am saying." Harry told her.
"Harry I don't want to be blunt but for Merlin's sake your Harry Potter. They will believe you even if you were alone. I will let you take the student under one condition. You tell me who it is." That was all McGonagall said.
Harry knew she was right and that she needed to know who he was taking for the trip.
"Well," He said Sith a heavy heart. "if you can get me an approval slip for Mr. Baylay than all will be fine."
"Mr. Baylay?" McGonagall said shocked. "That nice boy from Ravenclaw. That poor boy. You say that his sister is attacked a week ago? Well no I understand why my husband was so busy. He would not say it to me but now I understand that he was working hard to keep this out of the paper. An werewolf attack would cause so much panic in the community after all that we have been trough." 

Minerva shook her held as she wrote the permissionslip."Here you go Harry, off course you can take him to see his parents and sister."
"Thank you Minerva, we will leave at once and be back at diner, so we will be away for about an hour." Harry said when he took the slip. "Kreacher." Harry called his elf. " Yes, master." The elf said after he appeared with a crack.
"Please tell Ginny, Ron and Hermione I am away and see them at diner. That will be all."
"Yes, master." And the elf made a bow and vanished with a crack. 

Harry said goodbye to Minerva and left, he went straight back to the library.
When he returned he could see Mr. Baylay looking for him and as soon as the boy saw him come back in he got up and walked over to him. 

"Can I come sir?" He said with a voice that could not hide his longing to come.
"Yes you may come," said Harry, "so please get your stuff back to your dormitory and meet me in the entrance hall. Please come in normal muggle clothes."
The boy ran out of the library and Harry smiled after him. 

He went back to his office to get his coat and left for the entrance hall.
When he came down the stairs he could see the boy already standing there at the great oak doors. 

"Okay lets go." He said to him.
They left the castle and walked over to the gates.
When they were outside the gates Harry stopped.
"So where do you live?" He asked the boy.
"I live at the Dawson street in Little Whinging." The boy said.
"What!!!" Said Harry. "You live where?"
Harry knew the Dawson street very well he used to walk it every day from school to his uncle and aunts home at Privet drive. 
"Okay than I know just the place to apperate," he said, "please hold my arm tightly." 

After the boy had got a good grip on his arm Harry thought of the small bush at Privet drive because he knew that nobody would notice them appearing there out of thin air.
He felt the familiar feeling of being squeezed into a small tube and than he saw that familiar site of Privet Drive. 

"Sir, may I ask you something?" The boy asked him. Harry who knew what the question would be nodded.
"How did you know about this spot?" The boy asked. 

Harry looked at him and said.
"Can you keep a secret?" The boy just nodded. "I used to live here just around the corner." Harry said with a small smile.
The boys mouth dropped to the floor. "Really??? Why didn't I ever see you than sir?"
"Well," Harry said, as they walked on, "most of the time I was at my friends place and he doesn't live here."
They walked on and when they walked around the corner into Dawson street they walked straight into Dudley Dursley.
The little boy who was with Harry shot behind him in fear. 

"What are you doing here," Dudley asked? "Brought me a punching bag did you?" He grinned.
"Don't you touch him Dudley," Said Harry, "he is with me and we need to be on our way for some school business."
"School you mean you went back there after all that happened last year?" Dudley asked in wonder.
"I have not only gone back but I am a teacher there too," said Harry, "and this young man here is a student of mine in his third year."
"WOW," Said Dudley really impressed by his cousins growth, "You really did great Harry. But don't tell mom and dad I said so." He added with a smile.
"I never knew there was another one here in the street, don't think mom and dad will like that if I told them, so it will be our little secret okay." He hold out his hand to Mr. Baylay and said. "I am Dudley Dursley and well I think I need to apologize to you. I know I was a bully to you for a long time and well lets just say I got a great wake-up call a few years back." 

The boy looked at the out stretched hand but hesitated.
"It is polite to shake hands with somebody who apologizes to you and tell him your name." Said Harry. 
"Oh yeah, sorry." said the boy.
"I am Damien Baylay and thank you sir," he said to Dudley as he shook his hand, "I hope we can get a long better from now on."
"Well lets just say I am a changed man and I will leave you be okay." said Dudley. 
"We must be off now," Said Harry. "I need to speak with this boys parents and get him back to school before diner. Talk to you later." They shook hands and Harry and Damien were on their way again. 

"Before you ask, he is my cousin and I used to live with him and my aunt and uncle." Harry explained to Damien. "I know he was a bully but like he said he got some sense knocked into him a few years back. He has changed a lot since than. So believe me that his meanings were sincere."
"Okay Sir I will remember that." Said Damien. "Here it is Sir, this is my home."
Harry and Damien walked to the front door where they rang the bell.
A nice lady opened the door and looked first at Damien and than at Harry.
She was small build but at the looks of here she was not to be messed with.
"Good afternoon mam," said Harry, "you are Mrs. Baylay.
"Uh what ooh yes I am," the woman said, "Damien what is going on are you in trouble at school? We didn't get any letter." The woman asked her son.
"No ma there is nothing wrong, I am here with......." Damien started but Harry interupted him before he could say his name. 

"Sorry to interrupt but may I ask is your husband home as well?" Harry asked before Damien could tell his name.
"Yes he is." Mrs Baylay answered.
"Good can I speak with you both for a few minutes?" Harry asked. "Inside would be best because it concerns your daughter."

At these words the small woman stepped aside so fast Harry would have sworn she did not move. 

"Please come in." She said to him.
She led them to the living room where Damien's father Mr. Baylay sat reading the paper. 

"Who was it at the door dear?" He asked his wife.
"It was me dad." Said Damien. 

His father almost dropped from his chair. "Damien, what are you doing here? What is this."
"Well, sir that would be mine doing that your son is here." Said Harry to the boys father.
"Can we please all sit down for a minute, I have some things I would like to discuss with you."
Harry sat down at the offered couch and Damien took a seat beside him.
"First let me introduce myself," said Harry. "My name is Harry Potter, and I am your sons defense against the dark arts teacher at Hogwarts."
At the mentioning of his name both the parents looked up at Harry and were floored. They could not believe that the famous Harry Potter was sitting here in their living room.  

"In your sons first lesson, we discussed boggarts and the ways to defeat them. As you might know, a boggart will turn into your worst fear. When it was your sons turn to face the boggart I saw it changed into the full moon."
At this point, Mrs. Baylay started crying. Harry waited for a minute so her husband could comfort her and when Mr. Baylay signaled him he continued 

"I asked Damien to stay behind after class and asked him about his biggest fear, I asked him if he was a werewolf because of the full moon. He then explained to me what happened to his sister, and why he feared the full moon so much. What I am about to ask you will be difficult, but I know somebody who is in the same situation as you are. He wants to meet with you and your daughter to tell you what to expect. I have a meeting with this friend of mine tonight to tell him more details and set a date for you and your daughter to come to Hogwarts and talk with us. That is if you agree to meet him and his wife." 

"What does he know about the fear of being a creature that is an outcast in our world. How can he help my little girl, can he cure her?" Said Mr. Baylay angry. "How dare you come here and interfere with our personal life. I want you out of this house right now and you can leave my son because he won't be going back to that school if the teachers can not even keep there noses out of the student's private problems." 

Damien got to his feet. "Don't you dare tell professor Potter to leave me here." He yelled at his father. "He wants to help don't you get it. He has helped me understand more about what happened to Stacy, and if you don't want to know than fine but I do. She is my sister too you know and I love her just as much as you do." 

"Damien that is enough," said Harry, he had anticipated some resistance but not like this. "If your father wants me to go I will go. If he wants you to stay here than he is mistaken to believe that I will leave you here."

"What!!! You want to take my son even if I say he stays." Bellowed Mr. Baylay. 

"Yes sir I do," Said Harry in a calm voice, "you see if you want to take your son home from Hogwarts you have to get him and all of his belongings yourself and talk to the headmistress of Hogwarts. Therefore I must return to Hogwarts with your son so you can come there and pick him up yourself. I would advise you to come there than tomorrow in the morning before 8 because then he won't be in classes so he can get his belongings and leave the school without disturbing the other students." 

Harry could see the man thinking about what he had said and the thinking calmed him down. 

"Stuart we need to see these people." Said his wife. "I need to see them. If you don't want to come it is fine but I need to see them because I need to know what will happen to my little girl." 

And as if on cue the door opened and a small girl of about 10 years old came walking in the room with her right arm wrapped in bandages. "Mommy what is going on why is daddy yelling."

"STACY!!!!" Damien got off the couch and hugged his little sister. 

"If I may ask mam," said Harry is she bitten or scratched at her arm.
"The bastard scratched her arm right open from top to bottom." Said her Father with poison in his voice.
"Okay," said Harry. He looked at the clock and could see they had 30 minutes to get back to the school. "Damien we need to get back to school now." He said to the boy. 

He stood up and hold out his hands to Mr. Baylay.
"Do you really think you can help her?" The man asked Harry.
"Help not completely, but we can help you understand and what to expect.
"How come you know this friend can help?" Mr. Baylay asked.
"That sir is simple, he knows by experience." Was Harry's simple reply
"Okay when shall we meet?" The man finally said. 

"Lets say this Sunday at 3 in the afternoon," Harry suggested, "we are in luck that the attack happened just 3 days after the full moon, I will explain why when we see you, but it also means we have some time for the next full moon. If my friends can't make it I still have time to owl you for another date."
"Okay," Said Mrs Baylay. "We will see you on Sunday. Can we bring Stacy with us?"
"Off course you can." said Harry "But I must warn you the sight of my friend could be a little scary for her."

At this, they left the Baylay's home and went back to Hogwarts.
That evening after diner Harry had his meeting with Bill and Fleur and they agreed on Sunday. Damien who was shocked by Bill's appearance told him everything he knew.
After that he left the office and left to find his friends.
Harry spoke with Bill and Fleur for some time before they left.
See you on Sunday they said to him.
When they were gone he left his office to meet with Minerva.
This was something he was not looking forward to.
He knew Minerva McGonagall. She would not like it that one of her teachers was spoken to in the way Mr. Baylay had spoken to Harry.
Well, she could not do anything about it and he did not care. 

He could understand it in a way.
At 10 in the evening he finally went through the portrait hole. When he entered he was pushed in a cozy chair and Ginny got in beside him.
"So what had my big brother to say." she asked Harry 

"That can wait," Said Hermione. "I want to know what is going on and I want to know it right now. You told me you would tell me Harry, and now I hear that half the Weasley family was here."
"Well easy Hermione it was a rough day." Harry told her.
"Yes, I told you I would tell you so sit down and listen."
Harry told Hermione what was going on after he made her promise not to tell it to anybody. "Harry that is a wonderful thing you are doing." Hermione said to him after he had told her.
"Well tell that to the girls' father will you." He said. He told them about his trip with Damien and the reaction of his father. After that he told them about meeting Bill and Fleur and the talk he had with McGonagall. 

The four talked for another hour before heading for bed. Harry was exhausted and was a sleep in seconds.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

362K 9.7K 50
The Battle of Hogwarts has ended. The damage has been repaired and the school is re opening. Life in the wizarding world is resuming and everyone is...
22.7K 602 24
A Harry Potter Fanfiction. What happened after the Battle of Hogwarts? Read to know... This is my first ever fanfic. Excuse the few mistakes... Read...
654K 9.1K 51
Harry Potter Preferences, for all the potterheads out there. Characters include: •Harry Potter •Ron Weasley •Draco Malfoy •Fred Weasley •George Weas...
1.7K 150 19
Edit: this book is horrible and it doesn't add up because I was editing the storyline but gave up halfway. Read at your own risk. -+×+- Hi, My name i...