Don't Want To See You In The...

By watercookie

[COMPLETE] Summary: In his previous life, Xia Lin gave his heart and soul to Song Yan but never got rid of t... More

Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132 (Part 1): End of Volume 1
Chapter 132 (Part 2): End of Volume 1
Chapter 132 (Part 3): End of Volume 1
Chapter 132 (Part 4): End of Volume 1
Chapter 132 (Part 5): End of Volume 1

Chapter 91

4.9K 123 2
By watercookie

After their car drove a few hundred meters away from the mountain waterfall, they can't drive any further. The road that follows is very rugged and muddy so they can only get out of the car and walk on foot. 

The three of them followed the mountain road, calling the child's name all the way but they never saw the child.

When the three of them walked halfway up the mountain, Xia Lin thought for a while and said, "Village chief, I remember you mentioned before that those college students decided to return when they walked halfway up the mountain?" 

"That's right." The village head turned to look at Xia Lin and asked, "Why?"

"The child returned earlier than they did so the child couldn't have gone up again." Xia Lin thought for a while, 

"We've all looked for the child on the mountain road. Did the child have an accident and fell out of the road?"

Song Yan looked around and felt that Xia Lin's guess was very likely.

This mountain road doesn't even have a proper stone road. It's fine when it's sunny but when it rains, it's all muddy and bumpy. Moreover, the mountain trail is very long and narrow. The narrowest part can only accommodate two adults walking side by side. If the child was running on the slippery mountain trail and fell, he likely rolled down the slope.

The village chief glanced at the steep hillside and said bitterly: "What should I do, he is too difficult to find. I can call some people over. If there are more people and strength, the chance that we can find him will be higher."

However, Xia Lin felt that this was inappropriate. A mudslide would happen in a short while. At this time, it's too late to evacuate people. Wouldn't we be only finding people to come over and let them die in vain?

But Xia Lin couldn't say this clearly. After all, the village chief still held a half-trusted attitude towards the mudslide. At this moment, in his opinion, the lives of children in his village were more important than not knowing if the mudslide would really happen.

At this time, the village head had already taken out his cell phone and started to make a call but he couldn't dial a few numbers. He sighed dejectedly: "This phone's broken."

Xia Lin suggested: "Why don't you go down the mountain first to contact the person. Song Yan and I will look around again. There'll be no delay on either side." 

"That's okay." The village head didn't reject the idea, told them to pay attention to safety, and then hurried down the mountain.

After the village chief left, Song Yan checked the time and said to Xia Lin: "We are still more than an hour away from the time you estimated. We did our best. We really couldn't find the child. We must withdraw before 12:30."

Xia Lin nodded and the two of them walked slowly down the mountain path, looking for the child from the rain curtain and the rocks while walking. 

After more than half an hour, they still got nothing.

The time when the disaster will break out was getting closer and Xia Lin's face became paler and paler—if the child really fell in a hidden corner and the mudslide pours down, there will be dead ends covering the entire mountain road and the surrounding area. The child will never survive.

"Xia Lin," Song Yan wiped off the rain from his face and said loudly to Xia Lin in the sound of the rushing rain, "Let's withdraw. If we continue to look for the child, we can't leave."

Xia Lin pursed his lips and did not speak. He knew too much about the fear of a person being trapped somewhere alone and helpless. He always thought that maybe he could find the child in the next moment. What if they're just a little bit short of time?

"Xia Lin..." Seeing that he was not speaking, Song Yan tugged his arm and was about to say something when suddenly he heard a muffled noise coming from behind. 

The two followed the sound at the same time, only to see a group of dark shadows appearing on the top of the mountain, sweeping down the mountain at an extremely fast speed.

The mudslide actually broke out in advance! 

"Follow me!" Xia Lin grabbed Song Yan and ran in the other direction.

At this moment, they were not far from the cave. Based on the memory of his previous life, he quickly found the location of the cave and rushed into it just before the mudslide went down.

With lingering fears, Song Yan looked back out of the cave. 

He saw a young man standing quietly at the fork in the mountain road. His temperament was very dusty, as if he was incompatible with the whole world.

On his left arm, he was holding a child who was asleep with a relaxed posture, as if he was holding a piece of clothing instead of a living person in his arms. 

At the moment Song Yan saw him, the young man turned his head and looked over, the expression on his face unchanged.

Then he looked up at the top again, raised his right hand, palm outwards, and made a push gesture in the direction of the hole. 

Song Yan almost didn't have any time to think when he heard a burst of destructive sound spreading from the top of the cave.

His eyes darkened suddenly. 

Song Yan turned around without thinking twice and ran quickly while protecting Xia Lin in the cave. 

There was a chill on the back of his head as if something was chasing behind them, biting them tightly.

He has no time to look back. His body has already made an immediate response. 

He hugged Xia Lin tightly in his arms, leading him to a sudden leap. They leaped forward heavily.

The moment they landed, the rustle of cold, hard sand and mud slapped on their backs, making them unable to move.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 2.9K 31
The second the judge finally allowed her to from now on live with her dad back in Forks she was over the moon happy! For the last seven years she had...
2.8M 40.7K 65
"You want daddy to f*ck you, hard and rough then reward you with his c*m, is that it, little slut?!" "Yes, Daddy" * MONALISA I thought I had a probl...
5.5K 283 8
مُترجمة. شَعرتُ بنظرتهِ الثاقِبة على ظهري عِندما غادرت.. جميع الحقوق تعود للكاتب @grant-is-shook
209K 6.2K 42
˗ˏˋ [ 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝, 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐩, 𝐜𝐫𝐲, 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐞. ] ˎˊ˗ ·𖥸· After the Symbol of Peace tells Izuku Midoriya he cannot become a hero...Midoriya followe...