Home, Bitter Home

De Omah_005_

Fierce, rich and bold Ellen Carson after the death of a family member allegedly by the doings of her lover fl... Mais

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE.
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY- ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY- TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY- FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

39 9 57
De Omah_005_

I had a pretty rough start to my week and now it's ending I'm recovering from all the sudden downpour of emotions.

Doctor Paige has one solution to my issues but I'm willing to explore the other ninety-nine point nine options, starting with casual outings. The lunch date I had booked with Renee and Jo was moved to Jo's work, we were present but the food wasn't.

"How about 'News at eight' or 'it's eight and I'm Jolie Doyle' "

Jo's secretary Harley or was it Ashley; was pitching Jo log line ideas for her new program starting next week. Jo was pretending to listen, I was counting down the time and Renee was exploring Shirley's nativity.

"That's nice, pretty strong" Renee praised.

"You think so?"

"Totally."

"I like them myself, I can't pick one though," she told.

"I particularly like the second one, I think it's more, what's the word....feisty" I joined in; not seeing why not.

"Oh you do?!" she asked smiling.

"Definitely!"

"Thank you"

"Jo, what do you think?" Renee turned to Jo, putting the attention on her with no way out.

"Er?..I-maybe-with" Jo stammered.

Harley, Ashley or Shirley was it; had one of those personalities that you found it had to tell the truth to. One of those traits of always being happy and spreading contagious happiness that when you see her you'd wish she'll die from excess happiness just because you can't be happy enough and want the world to go down with you unhappily.

"See, food is here!!" Jo announced as the delivery guy walked in.

The food was passed around and everybody got theirs. We all ate with occasional small talk so I busied myself with my surrounding, taking in how colourful it is. This is their workspace, they call it the 'idea room', it has all these posters that had stuffs like 'You matter' or 'Creativity is in you' or 'If John Wick could fly, so can you' written on them. In my mind I be like; was it John Wick or spiderman that could fly, maybe we watched the movies wrong. But they all served the same purpose, to keep the mind flowing, produce ideas and lift the spirit. I don't know how well that works for the rest of her team but it isn't working very well for Carla here.

~~~

The day is over, I go home, sleep and wake tomorrow for another repeat, such a lovely schedule ain't it.

The driver had the car ready to go but unlucky me, there was a white Tesla with its disturbing owner right beside.

"Hello, Ellen."

"Hello, Donald."

"How was your day?"

"Wonderful" I answered rushing to pass him by, but he sidestepped making me hit solid chest.

Taking a step back I pressed the spot for signs of hurt. Satisfied I was fine, I readied myself for the conversation; chest out, head high and pose ready. I did him a once over and he looked as dishevelled as one would after work in a black button-down shirt tucked in the white trouser.

He smiled in that disturbing way, pocketed his hands and began. "Won't you ask me how my day was?"

"Not interested"

"For courtesy sakes?"

"How was your day?"

"It was not great"

"Okay"

"Still won't ask why?"

"Why wasn't your day great?" I asked in exasperation, not seeing how this was my business.

"I've been thinking of you"

"Oh really, what about me?"

"What to do with you."

"I'm sure you're not the first person that's thought about that but I want to know, what did you come up with?"

"I'm having a hard time myself, I'll let you decide"

I chuckled "You make me laugh, I know what to do with myself and it sure doesn't entail standing here, talking with you"

"Would you rather go somewhere and sit?"

"Here you go again"

"I'm just shooting my shot."

"Yeah nice try" I laughed and sidestepped again and this time, he let me.

"Or that's okay, but I won't give up till you give me a chance."

"Okay." I nodded and started home.

~~~

I thought if I shut my eyes very tight and open them he would disappear but no, he didn't. It's been two days since my encounter with Donald that night and it has become a norm to see him in random places during the day before he came to say goodbye beside my car at night.

I came out of work to relax in peace with coffee; not peace, coffee and Donald. Seeing him smiling mockingly at me and walking in slow strides was not what I had planned.

"Ellen, how lovely!" He exclaimed.

"You say that a lot."

"Yes, it is always lovely to see you, may I sit?" He didn't wait for my reply and took the seat opposite me. "Caféine, didn't see you as the type".

"Mm, classic. But then I saw you as the type, that's how easy it is to see through you"

"Oh really, what do you see now"

"Hmm" I considered as though deep in thought. "A hungry man"

He burst out laughing. "I-I expected something else believe me"

"I know" I smiled triumphantly, leaned back and crossed my leg.

"But you didn't....does that mean you now have an open mind?"

"Oh my mind is far from open" I chuckled.

"But here you are, seeing more of me, talking to me for longer than you have to and longer than anyone I believe, for a person of your type that is."

"Mm."

He looked at me far longer than supposed with something of a glint of hope in his eyes, which I would love to have; hope, for a change.

"You are beautiful when you smile," he stated.

"Everyone is"

"Yes, but your smile is nice, it melts the heart."

"You use that line a lot?"

"Ah, you know me too well."

"Ha!" I let out.

His chuckles changed to coughs, I instantly took the water and handed it to him but he grabbed my hand along with the cup and drank as I fed him.

"Asshole!, you should pay more attention to your food and less on me"

"Do you call me that a lot? In your head I mean."

"What?"

"Asshole"

"It usually depends on what you do"

"That hurts. So you think I'm an asshole."

"Now you know me too well."

"Touche" he shook his head smiling. "But I don't like swear words. I don't use them, wouldn't like my kids learning such from me"

"You want kids?"

"You don't?"

"My bad....so which do you prefer, arrogant douchebag?"

"Mm, too tight"

"Arrogant bastard?"

"Still a swear word"

"Arrogant scallywag?"

"Remove the arrogant."

"Scallywag?"

"I'll manage."

I looked at him like he was crazy, as my chest bubbled with laughter, and our laughs collided like music to my ears.

~~~

"So how's your new project going?"

"It's great, everything is going according to plan, the feedback from the masses is huge. It'll be a big success for me"

"That's great news, I'm happy for you. When's the big day?"

"Tomorrow, you didn't remember?!"

"Of course I did!" I lied, Jo's big opening is tomorrow and for some reason that has been the last thing on my mind since last week. If she didn't call I wouldn't even remember.

"You remembered, didn't you?"

"I did, how wouldn't I?"

"Great! Now guess what?"

"What?"

"Reynard proposed!"

"Reynard proposed!?...wow, that was unexpected"

"Are you not happy for me?"

"No Jo, I'm happy but shocked. Well it's about time"

"Yeah, it's been two years, and he finally said it."

"When?"

"Yesterday, but he'll propose again, in front of everyone tomorrow."

"So one down, two to go."

"Yeah, I've left that single train, I'm getting married y'all"

"I'm happy for ya. He's a good guy, even though I've only seen him few times because I haven't actually met the guy, only seen and spoken few words with him."

"He's been wanting to meet you and Renee for a while but you girls are busy so you see?"

"Whatever!"

"Bitch. I'm so happy and also, about that wedding stuff in few weeks..."

"The wedding's in few weeks?!"

"Not my wedding, the Carson wedding we are attending in few weeks."

"Oh"

"So, at first I had planned a trip with Reynard before the wedding came up but I didn't want to turn down neither of you...."

"No, it's okay..."

"...but then I remembered you said the more the people the better, the more the merrier, and I told...."

"No Jo listen"

"...I told Reynard he can come and he said okay! That if I'm happy, he's happy and I'm so happy!"

"JO, LISTEN!"

"What? You don't want us to come?"

"It's not that I don't want you to come"

"I was so happy, I even wanted to get a Carson's events planner for my wedding but it's okay, I'll tell Reynard."

"Jo.." I exhaled "..its fine, you're going."

"You can't just change your mind like that."

"No it's okay, I was trying to tell you that I'm not going, but I've changed my mind, I'm going."

"Really? Great! So it's on?!"

"It's on" I dragged.

Jo just ended my already late night without her knowing by reminding me that in less than a month I'll be out of this continent.

Now not seeing how I could be of any good to this office in my current state of mind, I'd rather be home.

I closed up my works and left the office. Greeting good night to all I announced my leave in a hurry to get out and be done with the day. But no, that's not how it goes anymore, my routine is no longer the same.

I met Donald outside.

"Ellen! It's about time you came, I was getting tired."

"Isn't this getting old?"

"What is?"

"Your nightly visits"

"No, I particularly look forward to this every day."

"You saw me just hours ago."

"Yes, but it's different when I can see the moon reflecting in your eyes," he placed his hand on my cheek and caressed with his thumb.

"...."

I stared at him in utter shock, lost of words.

"What's wrong? You just turned cold, did I say something wrong?"

I instantly swatted his hand away and glared him in the eye. "How dare you touch me like that you ass..."

"Ah ah ah, the wrong word."

"What?...you asshole!"

"Hey!!"

I rushed past him, entered the car and drove off.

Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed it. Comment your thoughts and share with friends. Happy Tuesday!!!!

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

439 108 12
"The process of love sometimes means unexpected detours." Elizabeth Alraune. Alphard and Ereny's world clashed together different sensation about on...
862K 3.5K 5
*R-RATED *This will be a mature romance with adult themes including language, sex and general themes* When Steph goes on her best friend's hen night...
17.7K 550 54
Meghan Adams is humiliated when her fiancé George Ricci stops their wedding to tell her. He's already married to her best friend and maid of honour...
103K 10K 70
Tug-at-your-heartstrings new adult first love story. What starts as a bet to avoid cleanup duties at her minimum wage cashier job, wins Amelie D'Amic...