Eva's Journal

By _mitch_writes

Eva's simple life is turned upside down when a shocking incident leads her on a soul-searching adventure. As... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

6 1 0
By _mitch_writes

I looked up from the floor and towards a young woman who outstretched her hand for me to take. I hesitated and scanned her face. She had dark eyes and dark features to match, but her smile comforted me. On her forehead, she bore a white crescent something I had read about in my books. It meant the mark of a good sorcerer.

"I can take away those nightmares if you would let me, my child." I looked into her eyes and felt trust surge through me even though I had never met her. I took her hand and watched as the images of Atlas washed away and were replaced by the few memories I had of him; the two of us walking through the forest talking about our past, the incident by the stream and the night spent in Olivia's house. I smiled and opened my eyes I didn't realize I closed and looked over to the woman.

She squeezed my hand and lead me into the forest. The walk was slow and steady. She turned to check on me every few minutes and smiled every time. I took the time to look around at the forest wondering how she knew the way as we passed black trees that looked identical. There was no indication we were heading towards something until we landed right on top of it.

She suddenly stopped walking causing me to bump into her as I wasn't paying any attention. I looked at her before my gaze was interrupted by two bright white trees woven together to create a large entrance into what looked like a small village. I gasped at the sight of something so beautiful in such a place.

I reached out, running my hands over the soft bark of the trees, with no white mark on my hand.

"Those are hope trees. They keep the nightmares destroying the good memories we make in the village. The dark trees were enchanted long ago to destroy whoever entered the woods. That's why you saw all those horrible images." I turned to look at her, in shock.

"Could you see my nightmares?" She shook her head and walked past me into the village, ushering me to follow her.

"I knew you were struggling with them and normally we are to let people die in the woods but there was something about you that made me bring you back here."

"And what was that?" She looked at me turning her head and simply said, "Agatha."

"You know my mother?" Her eyes widened and her mouth fell open.

"Agatha is your mother? Is she still alive?" I nodded my head.

"Yes, but surely you knew that." She frowned and continued to walk towards a larger hut in the centre of the village.

"I only knew it was Agatha's magic because she used to live in this coven with us. She left almost 20 years ago and no one heard from her. We just assumed she was dead. Humans are awful creatures."

"Is that how you ended up here? Humans?" She nodded and knocked on the door of the large hut.

"I will explain more to you after we speak to the elders." We heard a come in and the woman opened the door ushering me in.

"What is your name?" She giggled slightly and started to close the door behind me.

"Oh, I'm Martha." As the door shut, I was left in the darkroom alone, to meet the elders.

I walked further into the room and called out, "Hello?" into the darkness.

From the darkness, I heard a voice that was rough and jagged. "Speak your name child."

"My name is Eva, daughter of Agatha and King Leopold of Sceneria."

The voice scoffed and I reached my hand into my bag, grabbing ahold of the purple flowers my mother grew. I dropped it on the floor.

"What are you, child?" Another voice spoke, this time sweeter and gentle.

"I am half-witch, half-human. I have little control of my magic but I'm trying." Whispers filled the empty room until light flooded in. As my eyes adjusted, I looked to a table with three women sat behind it. They all had long, grey hair which was plaited in different ways, all with white branches woven in.

"As a daughter of Agatha, you are welcome here. We have some questions." I nodded to the women and a chair appeared behind me and I sat.

"Why are you here?" The first woman spoke to the left.

"I am following a locator spell to find my friend's soulmate. My mother made it for me and my magic is in control of it." The three of them nodded and then the one to my right asked a question.

"What is the world like?" I sighed and looked to my lap before turning back to them.

"It is improving. Witches are no longer being trapped and abused for their magic. Small packs of werewolves are living in forests between the kingdoms." I looked at the middle woman who had pointed ears. "I have never seen an elf, though."

The middle woman spoke for the first time, "Do you know why we are here?" I shook my head.

She rose and the other two followed her.

"Long ago, the world was in balance. There were four kingdoms: Borealis, Sceneria, Derever and Awate. Each were ruled by one species. Borealis was the humans, Sceneria by witches, Derever by werewolves and Awate by elves. We lived in harmony for centuries until the humans became hungry for power. Although the kingdoms supported each other, through every drought, famine and plague. But as the humans watched our lands prosper they were filled with jealousy and greed. Soon there was war."

I followed them as they walked out into the village, anyone around bowed before continued to do what they were doing.

"Each kingdom tried to protect their own, fueled by their hatreds towards one another. We elves were slaughtered in the thousands and soon we fled for safety. As Awate kingdom was slaughtered, mother nature created the dark forest. Every tree was made from the body of an elf. We hid inside the woods. Soon, the humans destroyed the other kingdoms and all magics were forced into the dark woods. When the humans came in to find us, the trees created harsh nightmares to destroy them and it worked. We were safe."

I looked around and saw werewolves and witches living together in harmony and my mind wandered to Atlas before I quickly shook it off.

"Why did my mother leave then?" The other woman sighed and I knew she was the elder witch due to the same symbol on her head as Martha.

"Agatha wanted to find her soulmate, who sadly wasn't here. Many here do not find their soulmates and some did leave. Some choose to settle with who they find here, but it is painful for them to reject a soulmate they never met."

I nodded and looked around seeing Martha waving at me. I waved back and smiled at her. She was so full of life.

"Would you ever leave?" I looked at them and the elf spoke.

"If the world was safe for all, then yes." I nodded.

"The world is becoming safer. I've seen kingdoms changing their minds and I myself will lead Sceneria again. The kingdom of Derever is being led by a werewolf. People are more understanding. We just need-" 

She held her hand up to me, "That is enough. We are safe here." I nodded my head, respecting her wishes.

"May I check to see if my friend's soulmate is here?" They nodded their heads. "I will leave in the morning." They looked at me in disbelief.

"You said I was welcome here and I feel welcome. But my mission is to find my friend's soulmate. If he isn't here I must leave and protect my kingdom." They looked at each other before turning to me again. I couldn't tell if they could read each other's minds but it was a big possibility.

"You may stay here for one night and in the morning, Martha will escort you out of the woods. We will give you provisions for your journey and allow you to rest under conditions. This place will stay hidden and you will not tell anyone what you found." I sighed and nodded my head; happy they would at least allow me to stay to rest. They walked away and began talking to other residents.

Martha came up to me skipping, "So what's the plan?"

I laughed at her mannerism. "I need somewhere quiet."

She nodded and linked her arm around mine dragging me towards an area.

"I am not quiet so I'll leave you to it." She skipped away and I laughed.

The bench overlooked the uninhabited crop fields.

Sitting down, I pulled the orb out of my bag and placed it beside me. It was completely dark, waiting for the magic to bring it to life. I used my magic and watched as every time I tried, it failed. It kept flowing straight through. I tried again, watching the magic start to enter before leaving. The third time I closed my eyes and placed my hands directly on the orb thinking about every memory of Anna. I thought about her long blonde hair and her bright blue eyes. I remembered what made her smile and laugh and cry.

Soon I felt the orb lift and the same light flowed out of it. I opened my eyes and watched it float up into the air and head into the field. I stood quickly from the bench following it. I watched it and as it disappeared in the field of the tall wheat, I heard a loud groan come from the other side.

As I emerged from the wheat field, I saw the orb floating above someone who rubbed their head.

"Does this belong to you?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 633 21
In every werewolves life they wait for their eighteenth birthday with zeal. That is because they get their mates. I was one of those people waiting f...
11.7K 928 63
This book contains mature content! It can be read as a standalone book or feel free to read the first 4 books of the Black Series. _________________...
325 27 23
With a war on her hands, time to catch up with her mate, and powers she needs to learn to control, Tanya Greene learns the importance of family, love...
111K 4.8K 67
Book One of a three part series 18+ will contain mature content TW - mentions of rape, gore, abuse, sex, death "Watch your tone Lillian or you will...