The Blood Rite

By GabrielaVRivera

Newborn vampire Ruby Diaz must master her new powers in order to defeat a notorious vampire cult planning to... More

Dedication
Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
First Kiss
Chapter Six
Mary
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Mary
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Talon
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Talon
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Talon
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Flowers
Chapter Twenty Seven
Talon
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Talon
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Talon
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Halloween
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Thank You

Chapter Fifty

48 5 0
By GabrielaVRivera

They waited to eat before laying out their plan. Too soon, Ruby and Halle were standing on the outer perimeter of the hunter's hideout, watching Talon stroll through the training yard. The hunters that were out there only watched him in confusion.

The house's door opened, and a large man came out. Talon stopped. "Who are you?" The man's voice boomed. Ruby and Halle instinctively flinched deeper into hiding.

"I come in peace."

"Why?"

"To give a warning."

The man lifted his chin. "A warning?"

"Yes. Your lives are in danger."

Murmurs arose from the other hunters, who were soon silenced by the man's large, raised hand. "Explain."

Talon nodded, "I will but it is not me who can give you the warning. It is my friends. I ask that they remain unharmed."

The confusion among the hunters grew tenfold. Ruby's heart started racing. The man waved his hand, "Yes, yes. They will be safe just get on with it."

Talon turned then, his eyes locking directly on Ruby's. It was their cue.

The girls held eachother's hands as they stepped out of hiding and strolled through the courtyard. All eyes were on them. Ruby began to forget what it felt to be human in that moment. For her feet to crunch on grass, to constatnly blink. Vampires had an eerie grace to their movements. They'd barely reached Talon when one of the hunters cried, "Vampires!"

Screams arose and nearly thirty wooden weapons were aimed at them.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to give this chapter a VOTE to help my story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 586 31
*Will be undergoing editing soon* "I was your curse , and you were my disease. I was saving you , but you were killing me." After loosing everything...
178K 5.7K 41
I was screaming even louder thinking I was going to die. But then I landed in somebody's arms. I reacted quickly and punched the guy in the face. He...
278K 13.2K 64
'"I cannot feel this way. You clearly don't feel-" "I do though." He interrupts me. I finally look up to meet his eyes. It holds so much sadness. "Be...
95.8K 5.9K 29
"THE AFTERLIFE CAN BE A REAL BITCH, RIGHT?" "Henri-" I began, but Henri's hand snatched up mine and squeezed tightly enough to break bones. I bit m...