The Blood Rite

By GabrielaVRivera

Newborn vampire Ruby Diaz must master her new powers in order to defeat a notorious vampire cult planning to... More

Dedication
Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
First Kiss
Chapter Six
Mary
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Mary
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Talon
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Talon
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Talon
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Flowers
Chapter Twenty Seven
Talon
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Talon
Chapter Thirty Two
Talon
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Halloween
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Thank You

Chapter Thirty Three

58 7 0
By GabrielaVRivera

Orpheus's kiss was all-consuming. The moment his lips touched hers, she was lost in them. A small gasp escaped her. He grabbed her waist fiercely and pulled her tight to him, deepening the kiss. Heat shot through her core. Ruby rose on to her tiptoes, digging her fingers through his hair.

She'd never been kissed like this. A touch that both gave and stole her strength. It made her feel like she was losing air. The chasm's pull grew harder to resist. She didn't care. All she could focus on was his mouth on hers.

"Ruby," he sighed, trailing kisses down her throat. A pleasurable shudder raced through her. He kissed her jaw, the corner of her mouth, before claiming her lips once more. She kissed him hard.

Her darkness wasn't just rising to consume her, it was moving towards him. As if to meet his own.

She felt it then, his darkness. Of course, she thought. There had been something in him that drew her to him, and now she knew. It was because he had an evil in him he struggled against every day, too. That thought should have worried her, but it only did the opposite.

Ruby sighed into his kiss and clung tighter to him. She wasn't alone in the fight.

A knock came at the door and they froze. She grew very aware suddenly just how intertwined they'd become. He pulled back and for a moment they stood there, pressed flush to eachother and breathing hard.

The knock came again. Orpheus's eyes flashed with ire. He shook his head before tracing gentle circles on her cheek. "I'm sorry," he muttered.

For a dizzing moment she wasn't sure what he meant. Then she realized and stepped out of his grasp, "It's okay. Halle's probably waiting for me."

He nodded and the knock came a third time, this time softer. She watched his ruby red lips spread into a breath taking grin, "We'll have to continue this later."

She smiled too.

After adjusting themselves, he opened the door.

"Sire." It was Jeffery. His face was flushed and he was out of breath, "We found a group of hunters only two miles from here."

Orpheus stiffened immediately, his expression going hard in a way that made Ruby shiver, "Gather men and meet me at the training yard."

"Yes, sire."

"Now."

Jeffery disappeared with the barest stir of wind.

Orpheus rushed through the curtain to the back of his room without a word. A few seconds later, stepped out in a black jacket with weapons strapped beneath. Ruby could barely make out his stone cold eyes beneath. They landed on her, "I have to go deal with this. I promise to find you later."

Ruby wanted to argue, but knew it was futile. So, she only nodded and hurried of the room. The air stirred and he was gone.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to give this chapter a VOTE to help my story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 5.9K 51
HIGHEST RANKING-1st in wedding! {23/05/18} & 1st in Laugh! {11/08/18} 13th in Romance! {03/12/18} Sequel to Mr Hulk's Jelly Bunny->Can be read as a...
20.2K 324 47
(45 chapters including bonus chapters. New edited version coming soon!!) (MAFIA HEIR SERIES BOOK 2!!) Antoni Smith-also known as Toni-looks to have...
13.8K 586 31
*Will be undergoing editing soon* "I was your curse , and you were my disease. I was saving you , but you were killing me." After loosing everything...
95.9K 5.9K 29
"THE AFTERLIFE CAN BE A REAL BITCH, RIGHT?" "Henri-" I began, but Henri's hand snatched up mine and squeezed tightly enough to break bones. I bit m...