Newt's Assistant: A Newt Scam...

By LexiMac22

It's 1924 and Eleanor Baker has just graduated from Hogwarts and is looking to start her career. Her only pro... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Update
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Update
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three

Chapter Thirty Seven

1.3K 38 5
By LexiMac22

Newt had left on the boat three days ago to New York City. Eleanor sat by the fire with her journal and doodled pictures of Shep as he slept on the floor beside her. She had been pretty lonely without Newt present, but she had gotten some things done around the place that she normally wouldn't have done with him there. She felt awkward decorating the place with her stuff, but she added pictures of her old friends around the living area and placed her books along the bookshelves. 

Newt would be in New York in about twelve hours and her portkey left in six hours from Greenwich. She had packed everything she would need in Newts suitcase, but had used an extension charm on her own purse for last minute items and snacks, of course. She had been having some severe unusual cravings the last few days, but was too scared to bring it up to Newt. She made an appointment with the doctor today and she left her home and headed to see Dr. Metucci. 

"Good afternoon Eleanor. I hope you're feeling better these days. What brings you in?" He asked while walking into the room with a clipboard. 

"Dr. Metucci, it's nice to see you again. I am feeling much better since the accident. Much, much better actually. I um, well I believe I might be pregnant." She stuttered a bit, but kept her head high. 

"I see, lift up your blouse for me dear." He said while taking out his wand. Eleanor listened and picked up her blouse and the doctor traced his wand around her stomach and let it rest where on her abdomen area while muttering something under his breath. A white glow came out of his wand and he took it away. 

"Just as suspected Eleanor. Pregnant! Congratulations!" Dr. Metucci said and fastened his wand away. "Now let's talk about what's next."

Eleanor was still in shock that she actually had a little human inside of her at this very moment. How was Newt going to react? Would he want children? Surely, they've talked about it before, but she didn't realize how soon this was all going to happen. Was she going to be able to travel by portkey? Or travel at all?

"So here are some prenatal vitamins that you're going to have to take. You'll have to be more mindful of your diet as well. No alcohol obviously. Stay away from seafood, cheese, and really anything that could give you salmonella. I want you to track your blood pressure and let your body rest when it needs to. Eight hours is very important." He rambled on a bit and Eleanor tried her best to stay focused and remember everything he was saying. 

"Now I understand you travel a lot?" He asked and that caught her attention. 

"Yes, I'm supposed to be leaving today by portkey to America." She admitted. 

"Hmm. It is still early, you're about two months along. Portkey now should be alright, but after four months you won't be able to do that. Alright?" He asked and she nodded. "Questions? Concerns?"

"I can't think of any right now." She said. 

"If you think of any, please owl me. Here's a book for you to read over. It might answer questions you didn't even know you had. I'll see you back here in one month from now for a check up." He said and hung her chart up, bid her a good day, and walked out. Merlins beard, she still couldn't wrap her head around the fact she was pregnant! She walked out of the office and apparated to Diagon Alley. Wait... should she be apparating? Maybe she'll find out with the book later. She had about 3 hours till her portkey left, so she stopped by her favorite ice cream shop to order a double scoop of sticky toffee ice cream.

After her cone, she headed back to her home just in time to see Bunty appear at the front step. 

"Bunty! How are you?" Eleanor said and hugged her as she let herself in. 

"Very well, wish it would cool down outside though. My hair is a frizzy mess! How are you Eleanor? You look great! You're glowing actually!" She giggled while stepping away from her. Her and Bunty had been getting along really well and have gotten to know each other pretty decently the last couple of weeks. 

"I actually have some exciting news and I know I should wait to tell you until I tell Newt, but I just need to tell somebody. Specifically a girlfriend." Eleanor whispered the last part. 

"Well come on then! Spit it out!" Bunty encouraged. 

"I'm pregnant!" She squealed and Bunty's smile widened larger than Eleanor thought it could. 

"Oh Eleanor! That is wonderful! Congratulations! When did you find out?" She asked. 

"Just now actually, I just got back from the doctors!" She said and they sat in the kitchen and chatted about what it was going to be like with a baby in the house, if she was thinking about names yet, and most importantly her weird cravings. Eventually it came to an end when Eleanor had to leave and head out to grab her portkey. She informed Bunty on what was going on with the creatures and set off. 

Eleanor apparated to Greenwich and located the crooked old building on Bennet Grove. She walked in and made her way into the living area where nothing except a stuffed teddy bear lay on the ground. Bracing herself for the awful, gut wrenching feeling she was about to endure, she closed her eyes, hugged the bear, and felt herself spin into oblivion. She surprisingly landed on her feet this time in a back alley of New York City, somewhere she probably didn't want to stay for too long. 

She dropped the bear on the ground and headed out towards the busy street. Newt would be here in about six hours, so she began walking to god knows where. People here seemed to be in a rush and honestly seemed rather rude. She knew she had to start at MACUSA to try and find Queenie; she also knew MACUSA was located downtown in the Woolworth building. 

She looked up and around her trying to recognize any of New York famous buildings when she spotted the Flatiron building. She began to walk down Broadway towards East 22nd St. and continued onto Union Square West. She stopped to grab a hot dog and turned left onto 15th St. She started getting a little tired and stopped to rest on a bench. Five hours until Newt got to New York, she thought. She missed him terribly and had no idea how to tell him about her little secret. 

She continued right back onto Broadway for another mile and finally reached Park Place and saw the Woolworth building in the distance. She paced herself as she walked quickly to the building and entered inside. This was so much different from the Ministry back home and she really didn't know where to go from here. She carried on over to a front desk and waited behind a man to be helped. When it was her turn, she stepped up and greeted the woman. 

"Hello there, I was wondering if you could tell me if Queenie Goldstein works here?" Eleanor asked the lady and she smile back. 

"She works here, secretary work." She replied. 

"Could you tell me where she might be?" Eleanor asked her. 

"Take that elevator to the 22nd floor, you'll most likely find her in the cafe making coffees." The woman said and Eleanor did just that. She took the elevator up and began searching for a cafe.  Eventually, she came across a room with a coffee maker in it and figured this is what the woman meant. Behind the counter stood a tall woman with short, blonde hair. She spun around and gasped. 

"Queenie? Is that you?" Eleanor asked hoping she would recognize her. 

"Eleanor Baker? It can't be you, can it? Oh my merlin it is you!" Queenie squealed and came out from around the counter. 

"What are you doing here in New York? Oh my you look wonderful!" Queenie exclaimed trying not to get too ahead of yourself and read Eleanor's mind, but as usual she couldn't help it. Eleanor remembered Queenie's unusual gift of legilimency and she didn't try to hide anything from her friend. Perhaps she could help in the long run. "I see... an obscurial? In New York?"

"Yes... That's why we're really here." Eleanor admitted. 

"We?" Queenie asked, but answered her own question. "Oh Ellie you met someone! You're engaged and pregnant! Oh, but he doesn't know yet, huh?"

"I almost forgot how impossible it is to hide things from you." Eleanor giggled and hugged her old friend. "It truly is great to see you. How's Tina?"

"Tina is... well she's still Tina." Queenie replied. She knew Eleanor and Tina had left on bad terms the last time they saw each other.

When they were kids, before going to school, Eleanor traveled to America with her mother and father to help out with the diricawl situation. That's when she had met the Goldsteins. Her and Queenie instantly hit it off and became really great friends. Tina always seemed to be jealous of their relationship and constantly tried to make up rumors about Eleanor to make Queenie stop liking her. Of course, none of it ever worked since Queenie knew when Tina was lying. 

When Queenie and Tina's parents passed away from dragon pox, Eleanor and her family came back to America for the funeral and made sure the girls were settling alright with their caretaker. When she had seen the girls, they were different. Sadder, of course, but it was like all of their happiness was drained from them and they hadn't seen sunlight in years. Tina didn't say a word to her, but Queenie clung to Eleanor and cried her heart out. When Eleanor and her family were about to leave America, Tina lashed out at Eleanor and blamed her for her parents death in front of a group of people. Not understanding where she was coming from with this, Eleanor had just apologized and left without another word. She and Queenie wrote to each other for years after that, but stopped after Eleanor's parents passed away. Queenie had sent the last letter, apologizing for parent's deaths and that she wished she could have made the funeral.

Eleanor still wasn't sure where the hate from Tina came from, but hopefully now they were adults, it would subside and they could finally be friends. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 62.5K 58
❛Let's hope Potter doesn't find out❜ ❉ fem!reader, ©kingdombyers OFFICIAL FANFIC HP READING LIST!!! 2ND PLACE WINNER OF THE POTTERHEAD CHALLENGE! (...
17.7K 579 18
Year one!! you are y/n Rosecharm, a seemingly ordinary halfblood witch/veela (your fathers a descendant of merlin himself and your moms a veela) you...
55.2K 2.1K 18
book one of the colors series •••• It was a dark time for New York. A wanted wizard capable of great evil is on the loose. Above that, an unstable d...
5.5K 119 18
Newt Scamander| Sequel to Biophilia| I DO NOT OWN FANTASTIC BEASTS ALL RIGHTS BELONG TO ORIGNIAL CREATOR| It's been 9 months since the incident in Ne...