Chapter Forty Three

"Eleanor?" Newt called out to her from upstairs. They had been packing their home into a single suitcase for the last hour. The couple had been staying at a hotel the last few weeks and were finally able to close on the house of their dreams. It wasn't the original one they had in mind previously, that one had been sold already when they arrived. Instead, they decided on a victorian home right outside of Paris. It looked a little worn down, but all it needed was a little love. 

"Yes?" She called back to him from the kitchen. 

"Have you seen my umbrella?" He called back and Eleanor rolled her eyes. 

"Why do you have an umbrella? Your wand is an umbrella you nut job." She said while accioing his umbrella. 

"Oh right. I don't know. What if I'm out and I don't have my wand?" He said while coming down stairs. 

"You wouldn't have your wand... but you'd have an umbrella? Makes sense." She said while pecking him on the cheek. 

"Is that everything?" She asked and he nodded while placing his suitcase down. 

"Believe so. Are you ready?" He smiled at her and looked at her growing belly. It's only about three months along, but in her petite form it was noticeable to him. She nodded her head and smiled. They decided to apparate to their new home, but this would be the last time Eleanor would let herself do so. The doctor told her the further along she gets in her pregnancy, the more dangerous apparition would be. She didn't want to take any chances. 

They arrived in their front yard and Eleanor couldn't help but smile brightly. She had only stepped through the front door before saying this was the perfect house for them. It was only revealed later that it was an eight bedroom, nine bathroom chateau. Her mothers books were bringing in more income than expected and Newt's book was about to go out on shelves next week; money wasn't even a worry to them at this point. 

The couple stepped into their home and took a look at what they would be working with. Newt deemed it a fixer upper, but Eleanor saw it as homey. 

"It's a chateau, El. It shouldn't be homey. It should be beautiful." Newt tried arguing with her. 

"It is beautiful." She spoke gently. 

"The wallpaper is peeling." He pointed out. 

"Well obviously we're going to fix it up a bit. There's not a whole lot that needs to be done though. Let's get unpacking. We'll have to go shopping tomorrow for decorations. We won't have enough to cover every room. Have you spoken to Bunty?" She asked him. 

"She'll be here tonight." Newt said. They had invited Bunty to come live with them in France after realizing they won't know anybody in the area trustworthy enough to watch their creatures when they go away. Surprisingly, she agreed to go with them. Most likely because her whole life involved these creatures and she hated to say this, but Newt and Eleanor were her only friends. "You should ask her to go shopping with you tomorrow."

"You don't wanna go with me to pick out curtains and carpets or a dining table?" She questioned him. 

"Er not really." He admitted and laughed. "I trust your judgement." 

"Okay, I'll ask her, but she might be too tired." Eleanor said. 

"You might be too tired too." Newt said. 

"Fair point. Maybe I'll wait till tomorrow." Eleanor said. She was so happy Bunty was going to be moving in with them. At least Newt wouldn't have to handle the creatures all on his own once she had the baby. She went over to their fireplace and placed their picture frames up on it. She stopped when she grabbed the one of Newt and his brother. 

"How come I've never met your brother?" Eleanor asked him. "Or any of your family?"

"Well, Mum and Dad are still traveling. They should be home for the holidays. Theseus... You're not missing much. Bit of a tosser really." Newt said while coming up behind her. 

"I think it's time I meet your family. Let's invite Theseus for dinner. Is he married?" Eleanor asked.

"Why? Are you leaving me for my brother?" Newt pretended to look offended. 

"Oh never, darling. Don't even joke about that. I was only asking. I could use another girl friend." Eleanor smiled. 

"Well he just got engaged to Leta Lestrange." Newt said. 

"Leta... that name sounds so familiar. Why do I know that name?" She asked. 

"She's an auror. Maybe you've seen her name in the paper." Newt said. He didn't want to explain their complicated past. If Eleanor knew the truth about how he had been expelled because of Leta, she probably would hex her into next week. 

"Maybe..." Eleanor said and moved a few pieces of furniture around the family room. She moved from room to room decorating as much as she could. She would have to do some serious shopping tomorrow and what better place to go to than Paris! 

"Hello?" She heard a voice call out from the front door. 

"Bunty! I'm so happy you made it. How are you love?" Eleanor greeted her and gave her a big hug. 

"Surprisingly well. Thought my mother would never let me go when I tried saying good bye. They act as though I can't pop in and out whenever I feel like." She placed her coat on the rack and took her shoes off. 

"I take it they took well then?" Eleanor giggled and Bunty rolled her eyes and then laughed along. Newt popped in from upstairs and grabbed Bunty's suitcase. 

"I'll show you to your room, it's got such a lovely view of the grounds." Newt said and Eleanor watched them go upstairs. It was finally coming together and started to look like an actual home and not some random estate that's been abandoned the last two years. She went into the kitchen and began making dinner

"I told you!" She heard Newt say as they came down the stairs. 

"You didn't tell me I'd be living in a room the size of my old apartment! I think it might be bigger. Merlin knows the bathroom is bigger than my old bedroom!" She laughed while they came into the kitchen. "Smells delicious."

"We're having beef stew. It's easy enough and I can't seem to get warm in this home. I needed something to warm me up!" Eleanor said and used her wand to set the... there was no table. 

"Looks like we're eating on the couch tonight." Newt said while grabbing the bowls from the air and placing them on the counter. 

"We're missing so many things. Bunty will go with me shopping tomorrow?" Eleanor asked her. 

"Oh of course, I want to pick out some things for my bedroom. I packed lightly and don't have enough things to fill up all the space." She said. 

"That's how I feel about the whole home." Eleanor giggled while they sat down on the couch. 

"You're not apparating anymore though, right?" Bunty asked her. 

"Nope, hope you're alright riding a broom." Eleanor said and Bunty made a face. "I have a few from when I played quidditch."

"The things I do for you Eleanor." Bunty giggled and ate her soup.