Chapter Thirteen

"Oh my god, Newt, I don't know what to say. I mean.. oh my gosh." Eleanor was speechless and her hands were in her hair. She didn't have any attachments to her current flat. She wouldn't be missing anything really. Newt stared at her awkwardly waiting to be shut down. 

"I mean yes! Why the hell not?" Eleanor squealed and jumped a little. There was absolutely no reason to tell him no. She loved spending time with Newt and enjoyed his company. She adores his creatures and he apparently has more in his basement as odd as that sounds.

"Oh El, I'm so pleased. I can help you pack your things if you want." Newt said and smiled at Eleanor.

"That would be wonderful, but do you think we could go on that date tonight? I could really go for a nice meal." Eleanor said and smiled at him.

"Is food the way to your heart, love?" Newt asked and Eleanor laughed and nodded.

"I suppose I'll let you get home and get ready for tonight and I'll do the same. Wear something... red." Newt said and checked out her figure unknowingly. Eleanor blushed very hard and just nodded her head. She couldn't stop smiling. Newt gave her a peck on the lips and told her that he would pick her up at five. Eleanor turned and apparated back to her flat.

Nothing had changed except for some dust collecting on her furniture. Her furniture came with the flat when she began renting it, so she didn't have a lot to pack up. Just her clothes, some decorations, and her books. She wrote a letter to her landlord stating she was leaving and not coming back and sent her owl to deliver it to a nearby post office. She used her wand to place an extension charm on her trunk and levitated all of her belongings into it and shut it close. 

Everything was packed except for what she wearing on her date with Newt. When he said something red, the dress immediately sprung into her mind. The dress she bought before her trip was hanging up in front of her. She looked at herself in the mirror. She had never paid much attention to her body, but now that she wanted to impress Newt, she was suddenly insecure about every single detail.

Eleanor was relatively fit, but couldn't help but focus on her stretch marks on her thighs and on her stomach which were always there to remind her she indulged too much last year after her parents passed away. Her eyes fell upon her face and how noticeable her blemishes were. She sighed and turned on her shower to freshen up. She started by wetting her hair and scrubbing it with shampoo, then she began shaving every inch of her body down. She rinsed the shampoo out of her hair and added in conditioner so she could rinse down her body with some lavender scented soap. 

When she was done, she grabbed a towel, dried off, and wrapped it around her. She grabbed her wand and pointed it at her head to dry her hair. Luckily for Eleanor, her hair was naturally curly so she didn't have much styling to do. She grabbed her makeup bag and got to work on her face.

She patted her face with a loose powder to contour her best features and added a nice pink blush. She used a black eyeshadow to pack into her lid into a smokey eye and lengthened her lashes with mascara. Lastly, she grabbed her favorite red lipstick and painted that on her lips. Looking in the mirror, Eleanor was satisfied with her work. She thought she looked pretty and only hoped Newt would think the same.

She walked out to her bedroom and started to get dressed. She shimmied into a shape-wear slip and pulled up her stockings. She turned to her dress and used magic to help get into it. This dress fit her perfectly. It hit hugged her in all the right areas and gave a little extra in spots she was insecure about. She placed a pearl necklace around her neck and clipped on pearl earrings on her lobe. She debated a headband, but decided against it. She slipped on a pair of black Mary Jane heels and she spritzed on some perfume deciding she was all done getting ready.