Chapter Forty One

"I refuse to bow down any longer." Graves said and turned away from them all.

"Aurors, I'd like you to relieve Mr. Graves of his wand and escort him back-" Madam Picquery demanded and created a shield to prevent him from leaving. He turned around and gave them a disgusted look. With that, he shot spells at the aurors which they all began firing back. He knocked two of them out and Eleanor saw Madam Picquery's face change into... fear. She grabbed a hold of the swooping evil from Newt's sleeve and sent it flying towards Graves which distracted him. Newt shot a spell at him which tied his hands behind his back.

"Accio!" Tina yelled at caught Graves' wand in the air. Newt and Eleanor slowly walked over to where Graves had fallen onto his knees.

"Revelio," Newt said while pointing his wand towards Graves... except he wasn't Graves. Eleanor watched him transform into the most wanted man in the wizard community. Gellert Grindelwald. He smiled at the group before him, until he made eye contact with Eleanor. He returned his gaze upon Madam Picquery.

"Do you think you can hold me?" He asked her.

"We'll do our best, Mr. Grindelwald." She replied while two aurors took a hold of him to lead him away. He stopped at where Newt and Eleanor were standing. Newt looked up at him, but it was Eleanor who he was really looking at. They made eye contact.

"Will we die just a little, Eleanor Baker?" He sneered her name and smiled crookedly at her before being escorted out. Eleanor had gone pale and Newt had to hold onto her to keep her legs from giving out. Queenie came out from a crowd of bystanders and went over to hug her sister.

"I figured someone ought to keep an eye on this thing," Jacob came out and handed Newt his case back.

"Thank you," Newt said while taking it back, but not daring to let go of Eleanor who seemed to still be in shock.

"We owe you an apology Mr. Scamander. But the magical community has been exposed. We cannot obliviate an entire city." Madam Picquery said.

"Actually, I think we can." Eleanor redirected her puffy red eyes to the group and then to Newt. He nodded while placing his case on the ground. Within five seconds, Frank had flown out of the case and stood before everyone. Newt and Eleanor walked over to the thunderbird and reached out to give him one last goodbye. Eleanor wiped a tear away and gently kissed his beak.

"I was intending to wait until we got to Arizona." Newt began.

"But it seems that now, you're our only hope, Frank." Newt said as he nuzzled against Frank. "We'll miss you, too"

"You know what you gotta do," Eleanor said as Newt showed Frank the blue vial he had in his hand. He threw it up into the air and Frank caught it easily and took off. They could hear the screams of the muggles outside as he exited through the massive hole in the ground. Shortly after, it began to rain. They heard one last call from Frank as he flew away into the sky.

"They won't remember anything. That venom has incredibly powerful obliviatative properties." Newt informed everyone.

"We owe you a great debt, Mr. Scamander. Now, get that case out of New York." Madam Picquery said and just when they thought they were going to get away, she stopped and turned back around. "Is that no-maj still here? Obliviate him. There can be no exceptions."

Jacob stepped out from behind Queenie with a sad look on his face.

"I'm sorry, but even one witness... you know the law. I'll let you say goodbye." And with that, they walked away. The five of them walked up the stairs towards the rain and Jacob was about to walk right into it, when Queenie grabbed him.