Lovers and Enemies (discontin...

By -sage07-

"You didn't kill me that night in the woods, you won't kill me now." Based on the Events of the Dream SMP Bla... More

Introduction
The Beginning of the End
The Mentor
The Boy with a Mask
L'Manberg
New Faces
The Shadows
A Promotion
The Man with a Mask
Little Brothers
White Flags
Camouflage
The Art of Submission
Preparations
The War
A Traitor
Dead or Alive
Conditions
The Duel
A New Home
The Tour
Training
Drunk Words are Sober Thoughts
The Meeting
Broken
Christmas
Forgiveness
Sledding
Memories
One of those Days
Love?
A/N
Dance Lessons
A/N
Tattletale
Leaving?
a/n

The SnowBall

347 14 15
By -sage07-

A/N

Quick notes before this chapter:

Envision Blaze's outfit as you'd like, it doesn't have to be how I wrote it.

The song above is slowed and on repeat, you can turn it off whenever you'd like, or just leave it playing.

Tw: language, small spicy scene

---------------------------------------

Blaze POV

The walk was pleasant, really. I thought for a moment he was going to kiss me out on the lake, but I was somewhat glad he didn't. Being kissed twice a month? No thank you. We made our way back to the castle just before dark, the sun beginning to set on the horizon.

Everyone seemed excited back at the castle, most likely for the ball. Don't get me wrong, I was excited too, but mostly nervous. Why? God only knows.

Then the morning of the SnowBall arrived, and my nerves became practically unbearable. Dream had said he would be at my room at 7:30 on the dot, and Cynthia would be coming earlier to do my hair, dress, and makeup. Makeup, ew. Never liked having powder on my face.

I didn't see Dream that day, only a few others who roamed the halls. Everyone seemed bored, all except the maids who ran around in an incredibly busy manor.

6:15 arrived along with Cynthia who came barrelling into my room.

"Ah, Blaze! Good to see you!" She took me up in a hug, surprising me. "Now, let's get this dress on you, huh!" I nodded eagerly, then laughed at myself. Never thought I'd be so excited to look at a gown.

Then she held the gown out in front of her. I stopped breathing for a moment and stared.

It was beautiful. A long flowing deep emerald green gown that I could already tell would go down to my heels. The chest area had a somewhat low V-Cut, and there were thin green straps that would stretch over my shoulders. I stoked it lightly, almost afraid it would shatter at my touch. It was made of smooth satin that flowed down beautifully. Cynthia smiled at my expression.

"Do you like it?"

I cleared my throat. "Yeah... I love it." Not at all a lie, it was beautiful. She assisted me as I stepped into the dress, proceeding to zip it up from my back. I walked over to the mirror, staring at myself.

"A perfect fit." Cynthia said happily, clapping her hands together.

"Yeah, perfect." I said quietly.

She proceeded to sit me down on the bed and brush my hair. She did some sort of braided crown, letting most of my hair lay down my back in its natural curls. I kept my watch on, much to her dismay, but whatever. She did my makeup, but only a small amount. Cynthia told me it was a 'natural' look, whatever the hell that means. Then she left, and I was alone waiting for my Prince Charming to come for my rescue.

Prince Charming? No, nevermind. I don't need a Prince, I'm already a Queen.

I lay on my bed, staring at the watch. Tick, tick, tick. 5 minutes... 4, 3... 2...

I counted the seconds of the last minute, 1-60. Of course he wouldn't be here at 7:30 and 0 seconds, but it was fun to think he would. 30 seconds until 7:30, 20... 10...

Just then a knock sounded on my door, no less than five seconds before the clock struck. I bounded up and raced to the door, almost tripping in the somewhat uncomfortable flats Cynthia had forced me to wear. The deep brown door flew open, revealing Dream.

His dirty blonde hair looked normal, but not as messy as usual. His face looked the same, it always will as long as he keeps on that mask. Dream wore a suit, mostly black with a white undershirt and a dark green tie that matched my dress. Also, a key detail, he wore rings on his fingers. I looked him up and down, admiring his outfit. He coughed, then cleared his throat, very obviously flustered. Aw.

"You um... You look beautiful." His voice was deep and calming, like usual. I smirked and blushed hard.

"Thank you. Oh..." I quickly grabbed a small white rose Puffy had told me to give to him. She called it a boutonniere. He strapped some sort of bracelet on my wrist that was decorated with white roses and deep green leaves. I smiled at him as he took my arm.

"Shall we?" He asked, looping our arms together.

"We shall." I replied. We began to walk up to the ballroom together. He cracked a quick and quiet joke, which I chuckled at. We made our way through the library, then into the Ballroom.

Somehow it looked x10 different than the previous day. There were a few tables and chairs off in the corner, and the chandelier looked even shinier than before, if that was even possible. People already seemed to be dancing. My eyes focused on Sapnap who danced with one of the maids. It seemed he had ditched his bandana. He wore a plain black suit with a red tie. George danced with a small and plump woman, they both wore baby blue outfits. Punz and Rosita wore dark blue, and god did they rock it. The others were scattered randomly, chilling or chatting with each other.

"Would you like to dance?" Dream asked. I glanced up at him, then back at the ballroom.

"Sure." I said happily. He took my hand and led me onto the dance floor. I smiled as his hands secured around my waist. We began to move smoothly across the smooth floor.

"Well this is nice, isn't it?" Dream asks. I look up into the mask.

"It is. You can afford all this?"

"What do you mean?"

Curiosity suddenly filled me. "Well you own this place, don't you? Where'd you even get all this stuff?"

He chuckled. "My parents made most of it."

"You've never talked about them." I stated as Dream took my hand in a salsa like stance. Immediately I regretted saying that, worried he would ask me about my parents.

"Yeah... they weren't really around often. Froze to death in a blizzard."

My eyebrows furrowed. "Oh... I'm sorry." I guess it's polite to apologize when talking about death.

"That's alright, it's not your fault. Theirs for going out in the storm." I bit my lip hard not to laugh. It's not that I'm trying to be disrespectful, that last sentence was just amusing. He chuckled at my expression. I glanced around to see Cynthia entering with Puffy. Puffy wore a light pink dress that only went to her knees, pretty flattering on her.

"Kinda funny I'm here with you." I tried to change the subject.

"Why's that?"

I smirked. "Cause if I try to run you'll kill my best friend."

He laughed, and surprisingly, I did too. The whole 'killing Tommy' thing used to be a threat, but over time it had developed into a joke between us. Is that wrong? Well, Tommy isn't here to say otherwise.

"It's our two month anniversary of meeting." Dream spoke quietly. I looked up at him.

"Meeting again." Aw, he kept track. That's actually kind of cute.

"Correct you are." He agreed with him in his deep voice.

"I thought you were playing me for a second there. Lying about your identity."

"I wasn't lying, you didn't ask." He stated, which was true. We took a seat at one of the tables and began to converse.

"Well, if all is fair game, I saw you stop George from killing me." I said, running my fingers along the dress.

"That you did."

A pause. I glanced up at him, puzzled. "Well? Why'd you stop him? Could've saved yourself a lot of trouble." I smirked.

"I don't know, just didn't think your life should've ended that quickly."

"But you let him stab me the first time, I could've died."

"Eh, you probably would've if not for our resources, just saying."

I chuckled. "Cocky much?"

He laughed too. "You know I'm right."

"Well, thank you for saving my life, Clay." I whispered his name, putting extra emphasis on it. He grabbed his stomach like he'd been stabbed, making me laugh.

"Your welcome, angel." I kicked his leg lightly with my toe at the use of the nickname. He seemed not to mind, as he immediately pulled me out for more dancing.

We slid around the floor smoother than anyone there. It still baffled me to think I was there with him. Tommy, Tubbo, Wilbur, and anything else involving L'Manberg were far from present in my mind. I decided to just be there in that moment with him.

Because, in that moment as I danced around a ballroom in a fancy dress with none other than my enemy, I felt happier than I had in my entire life.

Minutes went by like seconds, hours like minutes. Before we knew it 9:00 arrived. According to Puffy the ball ends 'whenever we want it to', so there wasn't really a time limit. Nothing keeps me back from having the time of my life with Dream.

My partner and I had a nice conversation with Punz and Rosita. Although Rosita seemed surprised to see us together, Punz didn't look phased whatsoever. He just wore a stupid smirk on his face I really badly wanted to punch. As Puffy would say, some people just have a very punchable face. Purpled was even there, dancing with a girl only half his height. Eret was nowhere to be found, which didn't bother me at all. Another half hour went by, my feet were beginning to grow tired. People started to leave, but Dream and I stayed, conversing with some of the others. 10:00 now, time was going by too quickly for my liking. I pulled Dream out onto the dance floor and danced a bit more, ignoring the bright pink blisters beginning to appear on my heels. Puffy and Cynthia left, leaving us alone with Sapnap as his partner. The boys cracked jokes, while us girls either laughed politely or scowled. Actually, the scowling was mostly me, although I tried not to.

"Well, we should be heading out." Sapnap said. His partner nodded and stood, taking his hands.

"Have fun, lovebirds." Sapnap smirked at us. I gave him an icy glare.

"Not too much fun!" The girl called as they walked out of the room.

Now Dream and I were left alone in the ballroom. I glanced at him and smirked, hoping he was doing the same under his mask.

"What now?" Dream asked. I bit my lip and glanced around the empty room.

"I... don't know." I said honestly. We glanced at each other, then stayed silent.

"We can go back to my room, if you'd like."

My eyebrows went up slightly, and I bit the tip of my tongue.

"Oh... okay." I agreed. The man stood and took my hand, helping me up although I didn't need it. He kept our hands locked as he led me over to the secret door. One knock, two knocks, one knock. It opened wide, revealing the staircase. I bit my lip and smiled slightly, somewhat happy to be going up here. He led the way, shoving the door to his bedroom open.

It was slightly more clean than usual, lit by many candles that sat on the shelves and table. I smiled slightly, glancing around. He took a seat on the couch, and I sat next to him.

"You look beautiful tonight."

I blushed hard at the compliment. "Th... Thank you." I stuttered, dumbfounded by the entire situation.

He chuckled. "You're welcome, angel."

I paused, searching for what to say.

"You didn't react to the nickname, does that mean it's going to stick?" He spoke for me, breaking the silence. I made a face.

"No, definitely not." I crossed my arms.

He laughed. "Ah, I think it will."

A small smirk formed on my face.

"I like it here." The sentence came out of my mouth before I could stop it.

"I'm glad you do."

No, I don't like it here. I should be home with Wilbur and Tommy and Tubbo... we should be stargazing or popping kernels by the fire or something like that! I shouldn't be here! Especially not with him! What am I doing here, how am I so stupid?

I stood up suddenly, backing up. He cocked his head at the sudden movement.

"I..." What do I even say? Just run, just go! "I need to go." I said quickly, turning around.

"No."

A deep voice bellowed behind me. I turned around and stared in disbelief as Dream stood up from the chair.

"What?" I asked quickly.

"I said, no." This time he spoke louder and with a colder tone. I took a step back, surprised by this sudden outburst.

"Dream, I don't think I understa..."

"You do understand!" He threw his arms up, making me give him a confused and somewhat shocked look. What the hell is he talking about? "You do understand, you're just scared of what everyone else in L'Manberg will think! You're pushing away your feelings, like you always do but Blaze, life doesn't work that way!" I gaped at him, my eyes wide as saucers.

"Dream..."

"Blaze you can't keep doing this! You don't want to leave, deep down and I know it! You're just worried about what they'll think of you, and you shouldn't be!"

What is he talking about? What the hell is he saying?

"Blaze I'm going to do one thing for you, right now. Any one thing, it can be anything! If you want me to take you back to L'Manberg... or let Wilbur and you run away to live your little fantasy... or to jump out the goddamn window I don't care!" I staggered backwards, absolutely positively stunned. "Just, for once, let your heart feel, and not your mind. Let yourself feel everything, while you still can. What do you want? What are your intentions with me, with anyone? What do you want me to do?"

I stared, thunderstruck. What do I want? I don't know what I want! This man, my kidnapper, is standing there 5 feet away from me, and I have no idea what to say to him!

He could grant me freedom, right here, right now! Or he could even jump out the window, and the foe would be vanquished! My foe! My enemy could be dead! We could win!

But then again, who is we?

I don't want him dead... I don't! Do I? No, I don't want him dead.

L'Manberg wants him dead.

I am not L'Manberg.

I was a warrior for L'Manberg. I used to live in L'Manberg.

But now I live in Dream SMP.

I am Blaze, and if that's not enough for anyone, they should move on.

"Take off your mask."

There was silence, absolute silence. Neither of us moved.

"Okay."

Then his hand slid under his chin, and in one full swipe he pulled it off.

Dirty blonde fluffy hair covered his scalp, but it wasn't very long. His skin looked about the same as it did on the other parts of his body, just slightly lighter, probably from the lack of sun. His eyebrows were thin and curved into a skeptical expression, and the most breaktaking part about his face was his eyes. Bright emerald green, much brighter than mine. They seemed to glow in the dark, if that's even possible. From here I could even see soft brown freckles dotted along his cheeks. His lips were thin and straight, a light pink color.

My feet moved before I could stop them, slowly walking towards him. I studied his face even further, finding absolutely no visible flaws on his skin. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't read his expression as he gazed at me. Still, there was some sort of look in his eyes that was different. Something you would have never noticed from the outside of the mask. The look he gave me reminded me of a look someone had given me, once. Who am I thinking of?

Then it hit me.

Wilbur. I'm thinking of Wilbur.

And Wilbur was in love with me.

Is he...?

My feet kept moving, and I now stood only a few inches from him. Dream didn't move, giving me a quick look up and down. I bit my lip hard. What am I doing here? No... I don't want to do that! What would L'Manberg think... what would L'Manberg think?

You know what, that's it. I don't care what L'Manberg thinks. I don't care. Because right here, in this moment, I am discovering my feelings for Dream.

Did you hear that Tommy? Wilbur? Tubbo? Did you hear what I just fucking said?

I am in love with Dream.

Then I leaned up to kiss him, all thoughts fading away from my head.

Dream's lips immediately met mine with a soft, gentle touch. A very small almost microscopic part of me wanted to pull away, but I didn't. I stayed in that moment with him.

Kissing him.

Our height difference isn't more than 5 inches, but I could feel him hunching down slightly. I went on the tiptoes of my incredibly uncomfortable shoes, letting us meet in the middle.

His hands secured around my waist, mine stayed awkwardly at my sides. I finally wrapped them around his neck to steady myself. After a few seconds of gentle pecks, his kisses became more rough. His hands slid under my body, and out of nowhere lifted me up. I took the hint and wrapped my legs around him as he held me in the air. We stopped kissing for a moment, as he pulled away grinning at me.

"Well hello, angel." He spoke jokingly, practically mocking me.

"Shut up." I said quietly and quickly, pulling him in for a kiss again. He didn't fight me, going even rougher than before. Slowly he dropped me onto the bed, I felt it cave under me, making a comfortable cushion. I took another look at his face before he got on top of me, pushing me down onto the covers. I didn't fight him, knowing it was a losing battle. He kissed me harder and harder, grabbing my wrists to pin them above my head. I fought this motion slightly, but he didn't give in. In a quick motion he threw off his blazer. I began to grow leery of what lay ahead. Dream didn't hold back, anyone could tell in that moment what he would be like. After a few more seconds, my body tensed up. I don't know what it was... it just felt like we were going too fast. He noticed my frozen body.

"Are you okay with this?" Dream asked, a worried expression on his face.

"I don't know..." I said, quite honestly torn. He dealers by body, allowing me to lean up next to him on the bed. "Not yet... but I think I will be." I looked into his bright green eyes. He smiled, like actually smiled, then took my hands.

"I'll wait." Dream leaned across the bed and kissed me right there and then on the lips. We pulled away, but I didn't move from the bed. Instead I rested my head onto his shoulder, putting my weight onto his. He supported us effortlessly. A small smile filled my face.

"Clay?" I asked, using his real name to get his attention quickly.

"Mm hm?"

"I liked that." I immediately bit my lip hard, blushing. God, what a stupid thing to say!

He chuckled. "Yeah, I did too. I've wanted to do that for a while now."

I smirked. "You were jealous then, when I kissed Wilbur?"

"Yes, never do that ever again."

I laughed. "Okay Clay."

There was a pause.

"Do you not like your real name?" I asked quietly. He hesitated, I noticed.

"Eh, it's fine. My family used to call me Clay, that's all. Doesn't really seem to fit me."

"You're right. Clay fits this version of you, just not the other one." I paused again to see if he would reply. "Why do you even wear the mask anyway? You aren't ugly."

"Aww, that's sweet. I don't know, my sister made it for me I guess. Something to remember her by."

"Why, is she dead?" Although Sapnap had already confirmed it, I wanted to ask Dream.

"Yeah, yeah she is."

"Oh." I said plainly, a pang of guilt and sympathy going through me. "I'm sorry."

He scoffed. "Not your fault. She was kind of an ass anyways."

I elbowed him on the arm, making him laugh. "That's rude, she's deceased!"

"She won't mind."

A pause.

"What was her name?"

Another pause of hesitation, making me almost regret asking the question.

"Drista."

"Drista." I repeated. "Cute. Definitely not as bad as Clay, thought."

"Blazeeeeeeee." He sighed, making me laugh.

"You look beautiful." The blonde man said, making me blush and smirk.

"You've said that 5 times."

He chuckled. "Yeah, I know. You do, though."

"Aw, that's wholesome."

I let out a breathy chuckle at my own joke, he shifted positions on the bed.

"I didn't like it when Wilbur kissed me." I spoke honestly. "I mean, since we are opening up or whatever."

"Oh really?"

"No, it wasn't much fun. Not like how a kiss should be."

Another pause, more suspenseful then awakened.

"Have you ever kissed anyone? Before then, I mean."

"Yeah, a few. Not too many. How about you?"

"Nope."

I gave him a puzzled look. "What?"

"Mm hm." He smirked.

"You've never kissed anyone before that?" I asked quietly, quite honestly stunned.

"I have not. Why, did I suck?"

I laughed. "No, you were good." I wanted to say something like you were amazing, it's like you've done this a million times, but that would've been very embarrassing. Especially coming out of my mouth.

"Just good? Better than Wilbur?"

"That's very egotistical."

He laughed. "Gotta comb the ego."

"That you do." I agreed, joking with him.

"Well, what now?" He asked. I gave him a confused look. "We just kissed, and I do have feelings for you. Do you have feelings for me?"

I smiled slightly. "Yeah." Our eyes met, his sparkling in the candlelight.

"You're just building my ego tonight."

I chuckled again. "Am I?"

Another pause.

"Where do we go from here?" He asked.

"What do you... oh." I quickly realized. "Oh." I said again, not knowing what to reply with.

"Yeah."

There was a very long and very awkward silence.

"Um... well... there's not many places to go on dates around here." Dream spoke. I nodded, trying to stare at the rug like it was interesting. It's not, but I need something to gaze at.

"Yeah." I agreed.

"Should we tell people?" He asked.

"I don't know... maybe they can figure it out...?" I tried to make this a statement, but it came out as more of a question. He stood quickly, moving in front of me. I stared, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion. Then he knelt down on one knee. I actually laughed in surprise.

"Blaze... you don't have a last name? Shit." I laughed again, staring into his eyes. He opened his hand like you would a ring box, making me smirk and shake my head. "Will you be my girlfriend, angel?"

"Yes, Clay. I will be your girlfriend." Then I got off the bed and kissed him.

Wow.

Just like that, I have a boyfriend.

I am dating Dream.

I left soon after that, after a few more minutes of kissing. I couldn't wipe the stupid overjoyed smile off my face, not when I took the dress off or climbed in the shower, not when I read for a little bit, not even when I went to sleep.

Do I believe in true love? Hell no. But I do believe in loving people, and people loving you. I believe that Dream is a good person, and if he isn't good enough for anyone else, that's fine.

Because he's good enough for me.

And, for once, I'm not being humble. For once I'm doing what I want to do, only for my benefit. I want to be happy, and he makes me happy. So I am with him, and that's that.

If L'Manberg thinks anything of it, I don't care. I'm not a citizen of L'Manberg anymore, I am a citizen of Dream SMP.

For once in my life, I know where I belong.

A/N

This is un-edited (I'm tired), please correct me on any mistakes.

The sexual tension has been skyrocketing, I know, but they finally got together *clap clap*

Thank you for all the reads! 1.68k is honestly so unbelievable, thanks again :)

Have a good night!!!

Word count: 4086

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143 10 12
hi guys! this is a new story I thought of! I took inspiration from @_Duckle!! Go and check them out they are amazinggg at story writing it is actuall...
597K 23K 33
As a fan of the Dream SMP, you suddenly find yourself stuck in their world. "Dream, until today, your life has been part of a roleplay in Minecraft t...
72.1K 2.3K 23
"𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖞'𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖞 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖔𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙." Woohoo here we go bois. This is going to be my romanticized version of the L'Manburg...
26K 1.2K 22
After the death of Y/N, everything slowly began to fall apart. It was a mystery why a ghost was yet to appear in Y/N's place like one had done for bo...