L'Manberg

Tw: Language

4 years ago

3rd Person POV

There was a tale of a land far away called L'Manberg. She'd heard it before, but never seen this place on a map. A country that desired peace above all things. Maybe that was just what she needed. The only things she knew about this place was that it was far North East, the president was supposedly named Wilbur Soot, and they always accepted newcomers. The only things she had to find this mysterious was a compass, and an old ripped picture of their flag. After about a week of long listless travel, she wanted to give up very badly. Still, a tiny part of her had hope that this country was real. Either make it there, or die trying. This thought ran through her head at least 100 times per day. It was one of the only things that kept her going. Through rainstorms, heatwaves, she even had to swim across a few rivers along the way.

Then suddenly, she saw something in the distance. Blaze squinted her eyes, confused on what she was looking at. She hadn't seen any sign of life in weeks, maybe even months, so this had to mean something. As she got closer and closer, she realized it was a wall. A big black and yellow wall that towered over the ground. It had to be at least 500 feet tall. Walls? She thought to herself. I don't remember hearing anything about walls. Still, I don't remember much. She quickened her pace into a run until she was right in front of the wall. Blaze ran her fingers along the black stone. It was smooth and cold, every once and a while decorated with yellow clay. She then turned left, beginning to walk around the wall.

God was it long. It took her 7 minutes just to walk one side. She turned the corner, following the wall.

Then, in the distance, she saw a wooden drawbridge that stretched over a river. This caught her eye almost immediately. She still kept her pace at a walk, not wanting to waste her energy. If this wasn't L'Manberg, that meant she still had a long trek ahead of her. She approached the drawbridge, then was caught by surprise when she noticed 2 figures walking along it. She froze and jumped behind a tree surprise. It wasn't that she didn't expect to see people, just that she hadn't had contact with a human in a while. Blaze counted to 10 in her head, calming herself. She breathed deep breaths, telling herself she was just going to ask them if this was L'Manberg and get an answer. One more deep breath, and she moved out from behind the tree.

Blaze POV

Slowly and quietly I approached them. They still stood on the drawbridge, looking out into the distance. Then suddenly one of them turned to me. I quickly took into account his features.

Short blonde hair that sat in curly circles around his face. He was around 3 inches taller than me, from what I could tell. A thin pale body, and on his neck he wore a red bandana. His shirt had red shoulders, but otherwise white. A... baseball tee? I assumed he was younger than me. His eyes widened in surprise.

"There's a woman!" He pointed in shock, taking a few steps back. I cocked my head, stopping dead in my tracks at his peculiar remark. The other man turned now.

He was taller than the kid, with curly brown locks. He wore a yellow turtleneck and dark blue jeans. On his head was a perfectly placed maroon beanie. His eyes looked brown, from what I could tell. When he noticed me, his expression didn't change from the calm and collected one he had been wearing before. I pushed off my hood and pulled down my mask, feeling the wind ruffle my hair. Today was not a day to make enemies.

"Hello!" I called out as happily as I could. Now I was only about 10 feet away from them. The blonde boy stood in shock, his eyes wide, while the brunette still didn't change his relaxed expression. You would've thought he was a robot. "I'm sorry to bother both of you, I just had a question." They were frozen, so I paused. Then I proceeded due to the awkward silence. "Is this L'Manberg?"

"Why do you need to know, bitch?" I turned to the blonde and huffed out a sigh. God, this kid. Then I looked back at the brunette.

"It is," He said plainly, looking me up and down.

"Thank fucking Christ," I breathed out. "You have no idea how long I've been looking for this place." Tommy stared in disbelief, and I noticed a small smirk appear on Wilbur's face. He threw his arms out and smiled from ear to ear.

"Welcome to L'Manberg."

A/N

65 reads, thank you so much! Not much I can say, other than stay tuned!

Word count: 835