Leaving?

Tw: language

Blaze POV

Sapnap and Punz seemed to be the only ones who had expected our news. The others were shocked, with stupid but funny looks on their faces. I wasn't mad at Puffy or anything, it would have happened eventually.

The next day I woke up early and took a walk, since I had recently been given outside privileges. I really have no desire to leave right now, not with Dream still being there. Maybe I'll go back eventually, but not today. Especially since my thoughts were still crowded with memories of Dream and I making out last night. I ate a small breakfast and made my way to the lounge where I began a new book entitled: The Selection.

"Hey, Blaze!" I heard someone call. I looked up to see Purpled rushing towards me. He collapsed in a chair looking exhausted.

"Did you run a marathon?" I asked jokingly, looking him up and down.

"No... well, sort of. I was just going for a run on the track..." I took a deep breath, knowing this story would take a while "And Dream was there. So I asked him why he was running and he said it's because he's going to be in the wilderness soon so there won't be any tracks. Then I remembered he was going up to the cabin and then we raced..."

"What?" I interrupted him finally, very lost in the conversation. He stopped speaking and looked me in the eyes.

"Oh, you don't... oh. I'm not good at secrets."

"It's a secret?" I asked, very intrigued and somewhat shocked.

"Well, no. Everyone here knows. You just haven't been here I guess. Pretty much every year Dream spends part of February and March at this old cabin that used to belong to his family. He's never taken anyone and this year might be his last year or so he says. Sorry you had to hear it from me."

Purpled shrugged his shoulders, stood, and exited the room before I could get another word in. I stared, stunned.

He's... leaving?

I pushed myself up from the couch and went straight to his room, not looking back. My feet moved quickly, no one stopped me from going straight to the ballroom which was once again filled to the brim with crap. One knock, two knocks, one knock. It opened, looking the same as always. Up the stairs, through the bedroom door without knocking.

"You're leaving?" I didn't even look to see if he was in the room or not, I just asked the question. Dream glanced up from something he seemed to be writing, mask still on. There was a hesitation.

"Yeah, I am." He didn't even ask where I got the information, just confirmed it. I bit my lip and shut the door behind me, leaning against it.

"Oh." I said plainly. No use in asking to go, if he's never brought anyone he'll never bring me.

"I don't..." He paused. "Usually bring people..."

I nodded, trying not to look disappointed.

"It's fine... how long?" I asked.

"A month."

That hurt like a stab in the back. A month and we just barely started dating. I couldn't hide my disappointment now.

"But... maybe I can make an exception."

Hope filled my eyes. I looked back at the mask excitedly.

"But it's nothing like it is here! There's running water and everything, but you have to take cold showers, there isn't electricity so I use mostly candles and the fireplace, I usually ride horses and we would have to hunt, the food sucks..."