Preparations

Tw: language

"Good morning." The voice made me jump, almost falling off the ledge. I whipped around, dagger in hand to see Tommy standing on the cliff. I let out a sigh of relief, Tommy looked surprised to see the weapon.

"Why'd you bring that?" He pointed to the dagger. My mind swarmed with possibilities of what I should reply.

"Just kind of shaken up from Dream, I guess." This wasn't so much a lie, I had brought the daggers for that reason. He made a humming noise as he sat down next to me. I breathed in and out, relaxing my body as the yellow sun began to rise over the river. I shoved my sketchbook back into my bag, knowing I should finish this another day. "You're okay, then?" He asked me.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I replied honestly.

"Like you said, the thing with Dream." A long pause. We both stared into the distance.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I have something for you." I suddenly remembered the present I had packed for him in my bag. It was wrapped with some plain brown paper and tied with a white string. Tommy looked at it eagerly.

I handed it to him as he instantly ripped off the paper. This made me smile. Tommy is only 16, so whenever he has childish moments like this it brightens my day. He pulled out the white bandana I had stitched.

It was plain, like his other one, except in the corner that would fall below his neck there was a small red T. His face brightened as he saw it.

"Thank you, Blaze!" He said happily, tying it around his neck.

"You're welcome, Tommy." I replied, looking back over the river. I bit my lip, deep in thought. He noticed this.

"You think you're ready to fight?" He asked me. Our eyes locked.

"I've been ready. You?" A pause of hesitation. This made me look at him in confusion.

"I think so." He stared at the sunrise. I bit my lip, knowing this was a problem. He truly didn't want to fight, but his stubbornness was getting in the way. He wants to protect everyone so badly, it almost hurts to think what could happen to him. Still, sitting there on the cliff he looked so peaceful.

The two of us stared into the distance, watching the sunset as we knew it might be the last time we got this chance.

Dream POV

I was about to speak up and talk to Blaze when Tommy arrived. This made me curse under my breath, realizing I couldn't speak to her until he left. I wasn't so afraid of what he would do to me, more of what he would question her about why she kept having these run-ins.

I saw Blaze hurt herself to hide her story, which left me fascinated. This girl is willing to protect her past so badly she'd lie. Still, I like hiding my past too, so I don't blame her. I also intended to keep exactly what we said during the run-in a secret. Probably would have done the same thing, in her position, I mean.

Frustration filled me when Tommy left with her, as they made their way down the cliff. Seconds before they went out of sight, she scanned the forest. Blaze's eyes locked on me. She glanced down at Tommy, then back at me. With a small shake of the head, she dismissed me, knowing how Tommy would react. I surprisingly nodded in agreement. Then they were gone, and I was left standing alone in the forest.

Hopefully I won't be alone for long.

Blaze POV

Tommy and I made our way back to L'Manberg, where everyone was just waking up. Niki took the day off from cooking to make as many golden apples as she could. Fundy and Eret went down, beginning to mine ores of all sorts. Wilbur and Tommy prepared battle tactics, while Tubbo began brewing some potions.