Half A Heart|✔️

Por XReaderAholic

'Destiny Plays Games too' [COMPLETE| Kaitlyn is the new girl in Crestville Academy, one of the most prestigio... Mais

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter-Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Sequel Announcement!

Chapter Forty-Five

242 14 6
Por XReaderAholic

Alfred rushed into the hospital room followed by Kendall and stopped when he saw his father on the bed barely conscious and his mother was seated on the couch with a poker face that made a sudden mix of anger and hatred run through him. How could she be so indifferent towards the situation he thought but then scoffed when he remembered who she actually was.

He walked over to where Kendall was already seated beside their father's bed. He stirred when Alfred's hands touched his.

"Are you okay?" Kendall asked her father.

"I'll be fine. You both don't need to worry about me" he replied with a smile. Alfred didn't say a word; most times he couldn't grasp why his father never spoke a word against his mum. Was it because he's so in love with her he couldn't go against her? Or did she have something against him that would land him in trouble if he dared oppose her? It hurt to see him looking like that, though one could say he was used to the pain, but who really is?

Even after everything he couldn't make himself to hate his father since he wasn't really like this. Everything changed cause of him.

"Prince,your father was supposed to be in Brussels today" his mother began not looking at them but at the magazine she was reading which made him frown "so as he's sick you have to go there for him and finalize the deal"

"Finalize the deal?" He asked in disbelief "I can't do that"

"You have been seeing your father do it so now all you have to do is practicalize what you've learnt"

"Can't you go? Or Kendy?"

"I can go" Kendall offered. His mother snickered

"You don't belong here, Kendall Schmidt. You're with your husband now"

"Doesn't stop me from been a daughter"

"Why are you talking as if I'm dead?" Harry asked

"The doctor ordered you to take bed rest for at least a week" Elizabeth said with a tone of finality "Prince is going. You had promised to take care of LD whenever your father is incapable of doing such, do you remember?" He clenched his fist. Of course he remembered and she was using it against him now.

"You're emotionally blackmailing him now?" Kendall asked, she wasn't so shocked though. "As if this Alfred isn't enough you want to make him worse"

"It's just one deal, you're making it seem like he's going to take over the company or something" Elizabeth defended herself. "And Alfred, know that you don't have a choice. Haven't you ever wondered how the news of that boy you had beaten half to death never left the school building?" He whipped his head to face her as she brought out a magazine from her bag "look at this. It made the front page. Only thing is you and your childish friends weren't mentioned here. But had it gone viral the police would have investigated and it would have led to you. Then you'll end up in jail. I took down everything before they even left their companies"

"You wouldn't dare" Alfred said through gritted teeth and she smirked "and we did them a favor by not sending their son to jail over what he did"

"I'm not so heartless to leave you there forever. Maybe a year or so will get you back on track. And you know who I'll bring back? And besides, that's not the way the story was been projected here. Everyone will literally believe the magazines and ignore your side of the story. Why? Cause only you and your friends have it. The magazines just saw that you had him beaten to the point of death"

"You really don't become a mother by giving birth" and with that he stormed away.

"I feel disgusted" Kendall said

"You're lucky I didn't disown you,Kendall. Stay in your limits and don't interfere in my family matters" she turned to the door "tell your brother to get ready by tonight" Kendall turned to her father for help but got none. Frustrated, she stormed away.

****
"When will you be back?" Justin asked as Alfred neatly arranged his suitcase.

"It won't take more than a day or two" Alfred replied

"I can't believe she did that" Rafael complained

"I can" Alfred argued "it's not like it's the first time she's doing this"

"That's mental torture if you ask me" Rafael continued.

"Did you tell Kaitlyn?" Troy asked.

"She doesn't need to know" Alfred pointed out "it's not like I'll be gone for long"

"But did they say what's wrong with him?" Justin asked

"No. They can't pinpoint the exact sickness" Alfred answered "but they said he coughed a lot of blood"

"Could it be-?"

"No. It's not" he quickly cut off Rafael. "It's not what you're thinking"

"Yeah I don't think so too" Troy added "they would have said so immediately. It's not that hard to detect once the symptoms start showing"

"But there's a possibility" Rafael argued

"Rafael" Alfred warned him and he kept quiet. His phone buzzed and he showed Alfred the ID.

"Don't pick" he ordered

"But why?" Troy asked

"See I'm trying hard to win her over. If she finds out my messed up life she might end up leaving"

"I think if you actually want to win her over you should tell her everything"

"Why should I take advice from you?" Hurt flashed through his eyes and Alfred immediately regretted his words. "I didn't mean it like that. I'm just mad and stressed at the same time"

"It's okay" Rafael and Justin looked at each other but said nothing. They still didn't know exactly what happened at the bonfire but knew it was serious if it made Alfred snap at Troy like that and apologize.

"I better get going" he sighed "mum's going to have my head if I mess up"

"She knows you won't if she's sending you" Justin assured "she has that much trust in you"

"It's not about trust. She knows I wouldn't dare mess up and no matter what method I use I'm going to crack the deal"

"Well if she doesn't, we do" Rafael said with a grin

"Of course" Troy added and they engulfed each other in a hug.

****
I'm going to kill, bury, resurrect and kill him again, Kaitlyn thought as she looked at her wrist watch.

"Can you go any faster?" She asked the driver

"Ma'am this is the normal speed limit"

"Nothing is normal here and you're talking about normal speed limit?"

"Ma'am-"

"Just get faster or I swear if we get there after he leaves you're going to see the fucking worse of me" she hissed.

"Sorry ma'am" she didn't mean to snap at him like that but any later and she'll regret it. She was still lost in her thoughts that she didn't realize they had reached the airport till the driver called her attention as the chauffeur stood outside waiting for her. "We're here, Ma'am"

"Oh thank you" she hurriedly got off and began searching for LD's jet when she saw the boys standing there and ran.

"Kaitlyn" Troy said and Alfred turned to her with shock evident on his face making her glare at him as she stomped towards him.

"You were going without telling me" she half yelled.

"I didn't deem it necessary" he replied cooly "and how did you know I'm here?" He turned his attention to Troy.

"Kendall told me" Kaitlyn informed him "she said you're going to crack a deal and will be gone for three days"

"Yeah" he confirmed grimly "now if you don't mind I have to go" she nodded. He's going for a few days, Kaitlyn not forever she mentally scolded herself. Get a grip of yourself. A smirk formed on his lips when he saw her troubled look. He leaned forward, his smirk still intact "it's not like I'll be gone forever cause if I do, who will I insult?" She scrunched her nose

"You're annoying you know that?"

"Annoyingly handsome, I know" she rolled her eyes

"And the cocky attitude is back"

"I'm a whole package, I have every right to be cocky"

"You're worse than Rafael"

"When you have a body like ours, you have to appreciate, woman" Rafael argued making all of them laugh. Her eyes widened at Alfred. He was laughing! This is was the first time. Heck, she's never seen him even smiling and here he was, laughing.

"You should do that more often" she said, catching him off guard and making him scowl

"Do what?"

"Laugh. It's good" she just had to admit it. Her heart fluttered when he laughed, something she had never felt before. It was good, annoying but good.

"Don't get used to seeing my perfect teeth"

"Do you have to be narcissistic about everything?"

"As He said, appreciate nature's gift"

"Dont be a spoilsport,Kai" Justin teased

"Alright, alright. Go ahead. Be cocky all you want" they smirked at her.

"Sir, the jet is ready" the pilot informed them and Alfred nodded in understanding.

"I feel so loved" Alfred teased Kaitlyn as gloominess took over her delicate face.

"I don't love you" she argued and he made a mock-hurt expression

"You're mean. That's my job"

"Don't worry" Troy said and wrapped an arm around Kaitlyn's shoulders "She's in good hands"

"Of course" Alfred nodded. He clutched his suitcase and Kaitlyn pouted. Just when things were starting to get good. Come on, it's just going to be for what? Three days. You're been dramatic.

Alfred turned to leave and she couldn't help but engulf him in a tight hug, letting Troy's arm fall from her shoulder. Her action surprised Alfred while Justin and Rafael smirked as Alfred wrapped his arms around her, placing his head on hers.

"Looks like I owe you money" Rafael whispered to Justin.

"Come on, man" Justin whispered back "couldn't they wait for a week more" Rafael's smirk grew.

"Take care" Kaitlyn said as she unwrapped herself from his embrace. He nodded and headed towards the jet, not turning back.

"It's just for three days" Troy assured her as they watched the jet take off.

****
Kaitlyn rolled her eyes as the girls in the hallway squealed while Katherine walked towards her. She slammed her locker in irritation at the girls as a boy walked through the hallway with his crisp uniform, his hair styled in a loose and long combed back and a gloomy face. He seemed like he'd rather be anyway but where he was.

"Who's that?" Kaitlyn asked Katherine.

"He's the new model causing an uproar in the industry. He transferred here yesterday. And hot too"

"He looks like he hates this place"

"He's probably one of those stuck up idiots too" Kaitlyn shrugged only to turn and find him walking towards them.

"Do you know him?"

"No. Never met him personally"

"Hey, I'm Tyler" he said when he approached them and extended his hand. The whole hallway went dead as everyone looked at them "Tyler Neumann"'

"Kaitlyn" she said with a smile and placed her hand on his. "Kaitlyn Hernandez" he smirked

"I know" Kaitlyn studied him for a minute. She tried to remember where she knew his voice from but his face was making it so hard to remember. She had never seen a face like his in her life before though but the voice seemed eerily familiar. He let go of her hand and smiled at Katherine was watching with a little bit of surprise and shock. "Hello Katherine"

"Hi, uhm, Tyler right?" She asked not the least surprised that he knew her name,

"Yes. I'm actually new around here so I was hoping you'd show me around" Kaitlyn turned to Katherine for approval but she just shrugged

"Yeah sure. We'd like to" he was about to protest when large footsteps echoed through the hallway making the atmosphere tense. Kaitlyn sighed when she saw the three boys approaching them with passive faces that made it look like they were bored and their hands in the pockets of their pants.

"Kaitlyn" Rafael said with a smirk and turned to Tyler "and you are?" Tyler smiled but it seemed rather forced.

"Tyler" he simply answered.

"Great. Leave" Tyler furrowed his eyebrows and turned to Kaitlyn

"Rafael" she warned but Rafael's eyes were glued on Tyler, trying to see him for what he really was

"Leave" Kaitlyn shot Tyler an apologetic look.

"I'll talk to you later, Tyler" she said and he gave her a disgusted look which he quickly masked with a smile.

"Of course. See you around" and he disappeared.

"What was that for?" Kaitlyn questioned Rafael

"Nothing serious. I just like my privacy" he replied with a shrug making her sigh

"So why are you guys here?" Rafael smiled and draped an arm around her shoulder

"To see our favorite girl"

"Is that it?" She asked Troy

"Well that and also because Al will be coming back tomorrow" she broke into a huge grin.

"Did he crack the deal?"

"He sure did" Justin answered and they laughed.

"It was pretty boring without him" Katherine pointed out.

"The group seemed incomplete" Justin added "like a part of us was missing"

"Yeah and I had no one to annoy" Kaitlyn said with a longing smile. She spent the previous day with the boys and Katherine just hanging out and doing meaningless stuffs like swimming in Rafael's home and playing pool after. Rafael also taught Katherine the basics of pottery which she found somehow fascinating but dirtying at the same time. The girls also found out Troy played a flute and was a genius at it.

Troy looked at Kaitlyn and smiled when he saw the expression on her face. It's all for the best, he assured himself. If only...

****
Kaitlyn stepped into Nico's mansion only to be greeted by people running about. She couldn't even find Nico's wife, Lexi in sight or her cousins. She stopped a maid and asked where everyone was.

"They are at the rooftop preparing for a shoot" she answered and Kaitlyn nodded. She knew her uncle was looking for a model for his company's new perfume. She sighed and went towards the elevator. She really wasn't in the mood to be with him but it was the least she could do for him after all he had done for her. She'd rather be at home, waiting for Alfred to at least send a text since his phone had been switched off since the day he left which she found really weird. Am I not missing him too much?

"Kaitlyn" Nico exclaimed the moment his eyes landed on her. "How's my favorite niece doing?" He wrapped his arms around her making her smile

"I'm great, Nico" she replied as he let her go.

"Aria is going to flip" Scott laughed and Nico narrowed his eyes at him.

"And who's going to tell her what I said?" He asked his son

"Not me" He let out a sheepish grin.

"Kaitlyn" Dylan said as rushed towards her with his mother behind him. Lexi smiled as she halted where Kaitlyn was standing.

"Hi Lexi" Kaitlyn said "and Dylan. My favorite, cousin" Scott cleared his throat.

"I think you meant Scott" he said "I'm Scott. And he's Dylan"

"Don't you think you're too old for this?" Lexi scolded

"No one's ever too old for love"

"You're just jealous" Dylan mocked and blew raspberries in his direction before walking away.

"Sorry about that" Lexi said, shaking her head

"I'm not" Scott argued

"Scott Benjamin Hernandez" Lexi called and Scott audibly gulped. "Out. Now" He muttered curses under his breath as he walked away

"Where is Tyler?" Nico asked when he came back.

"Tyler?" Kaitlyn asked in amusement.

"Yes the model. We're leaving for the studio in two"

"I'm here" a shirtless Tyler announced as he walked in with a towel on his neck. He grinned when his eyes landed on Kaitlyn. "Hey"

"Hi. I didn't know you're modeling for Uncle Nico"

"Well the contract was signed just last week so here we are" he grinned again making her smile

"You are not going to stand here and flirt with my niece" Nico announced "get your butt to the car. We're leaving in two" and with that he stomped away.

"He's so bossy" Tyler complained to Kaitlyn.

"That's business Nico for you" She praised.

"I didn't get to see much of you at school"

"Yeah I was kinda down that's why"

"Pretty girls shouldn't be depressed" She smiled

"Thanks. But it's not like I can help it"

"What's got you all worked up?"

"Al's coming back tomorrow" she blushed. "I'm just missing him"

"Is he your boyfriend?"

"No. Not at all" she blushed harder.

"Good" she gave him a questioning look "he's a rude asshole" she smiled

"Of course he is. But that's just how he is"

"That doesn't mean his actions are justified. Anyway, now that I'm here you don't have to go through depression anymore"

"I'm not depressed, just sad. And missing him"

"You won't miss him with me around" he flashed her a flirtatious smile and she rolled her eyes at his cheesiness.

"Tyler Neumann" Nico yelled from downstairs. "Stop trying your stupid cheesy lines on my niece and get down here" Tyler and Kaitlyn looked at each other before laughing.

•••••
Thoughts 💭

If you're still here and liked it please vote by tapping on the little star at the bottom of this page. It's how I feel encouraged and earn recognition. You can suggest points on how to improve the book; constructive criticism is always welcomed.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

Abandoned ✔️ Por rosh🌙

Ficção Adolescente

787K 37.6K 76
Venus Stavish' life has never been easy nor simple. Being an orphan and no one wanting to adopt you, isn't how a normal life looks like. She changed...
4.8K 390 50
"Please, come back to me." "I never left." *** Clara Carter, the troublemaker of A...
53.4K 1.4K 42
She had her own apartment, her own job, and her own life. Nothing to drag her down. Everything was perfect. Her abusive parents weren't in the pictur...
835K 19.5K 80
"You don't like it rough?" he asks me. Oh, okay, I smirk back at him, two can play this game. "I like it... but only during sex, " I say to him wat...