The Wedding Planner

By ThatGirlChey

Lanea Pastele has grown up with Kirk Davenport since high school. They were lucky to get through high school... More

The Wedding Planner [Prologue]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 1]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 2]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 3]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 4]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 5]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 6]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 7]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 8]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 9]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 10]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 11]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 12]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 13]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 15]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 16]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 17]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 18]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 19]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 20]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 21]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 22]
The Wedding Planner [Chapter 23]

The Wedding Planner [Chapter 14]

12.5K 320 59
By ThatGirlChey

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my phone buzzing on my nightstand. The sound I had come to hate most. I seriously sometimes wish I could throw my phone across the room, but I kinda need it for my life. I slowly opened one eye and picked up my phone.

Before I could read the Caller ID, something shifted beside me. It scared the crap out of me, and I nearly jumped out of my own bed.

Oh yeah, Westly had stayed the night.

I glanced to see him just shift a little and continue to sleep. He looked kinda cute when he slept, his hair still messy and his chest bare. I started to remember what had gone on the night before, and a grin crept onto my lips.

He wasn’t that cute and innocent when he was awake.

I gave Westly a soft kiss on the cheek and answered my phone.

“Hello?” I whispered.

“Where are you, Lane? You were supposed to meet me a while back, and you aren’t here,” said a familiar British voice.

“What?” I had completely spaced. I hadn’t even remembered that I was still grinning.

“You were supposed to come and help me get fitted for my tux today, find one that will make Daph happy.” All he and I were concerned about right then was Daphne’s happiness. Really, this planning was all about making the girl happy. Since she had grown up in a spoiled home, she was going to live spoiled with a successful man and her own job.

“Oh yeah,” I held the palm of my hand to my forehead, “I haven’t been myself this morning. I’m so sorry. I’ll be there in thirty minutes, give me time.”

“Alright.”

“Wha-?” Westly said as his bright blue eyes shown sleepily at me. His voice was groggy, and I liked the sound of his sleepy voice.

Oh, God, what has gone wrong with my brain.

“Who was that?” Kirk said to me.

“No one. Uh, I’ll be there soon, okay?”

“Okay, but-“

I hung up and set my phone back down, then plopped back down into the position I had woken up in, but Westly continued to shift. He propped himself up on his elbows and blinked the sleep away. “Who was that?”

“Kirk,” my lips spat out. I hadn’t really meant to respond, but I did.

“What was he calling for?” He had clearly expected it to be Daphne, just like I had.

“I was supposed to help him get fitted for a tux today, and I’m late.” I sat up and held the comforter to my chest. Our eyes finally met and a grin lined Westly’s lips. I felt my cheeks turn red and I looked away. I reached over to the t-shirt drawer across from my bed and pulled on a t-shirt that was too big for me before getting out of bed.

“And there is plan proof that we hooked up last night.”

I flashed Westly a look as he laughed at me. I sighed, and walked to my closet to get something out to wear while Westly pulled on his jeans. I had my back turned on purpose. As I pulled out a nice looking dress, I felt Westly wrap his arms around my waist and kiss my neck softly. I swear that chills were sent through my body.

“Enjoy your night?”

“Maybe,” I said as I turned to my bed with my dress in hand. He let go of my waist, a smirk on his face.

“You did. Don’t hide it. And think about it this way. We’re together, so it isn’t bad. And what people don’t know won’t kill’em.”

“So you aren’t gonna talk about me at work?” Sometimes, I tended to forget that he had a job, but he was a really good mechanic and engineer. And guys tended to talk about their hook ups, and Westly was bound to talk about me.

“Maybe, maybe not.”

Honestly, I didn’t care. The more people knew we were together, the more off-limits people came to know us as. I like knowing that girl won’t look at Westly very much, but we lived in New York City. There were girls everywhere.

I picked out a pair of shoes from my closet and a pair of stud earrings that I put in without thinking about it.

I watched Westly pick his shirt up off the floor and then look at me. “What?” he muttered. My eyes flicked toward the door, as if to tell him to get out. He glanced at the door, then looked back at me. “I’ll leave if you give me a kiss, right now.”

I smiled softly and walked over to him, wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. It took him a second to realize it, but then he gently wrapped his arms around my waist and held me close. He seemed like he was under  a spell, my spell. Warmth spread across my body as we kissed, and I had never enjoyed something so much.

I finally pulled away from him and his eyes opened slowly to meet my eyes. “Now, get out, Wes,” I said in a sweetly sarcastic tone.

He released me and left the room, closing the door behind me, leaving me to get dressed.

~~~~~~

I came out of my room in a light pink lace dress and heals. I was going to be a little bit simpler than usual, but really this wasn’t gonna take very long. I walked into the living room to see Westly laid out on my couch, still not wearing a shirt. I walked into the kitchen without paying him any attention and pulled a coffee from the fridge for me. I didn’t have the time to stop anywhere.

I grabbed my phone from the counter, my keys and my binder. I stopped at the door to lock eyes with Westly. “Be out of my apartment by the time I get home.”

“Don’t worry your pretty little head. I have to work today,” Westly said, his eyes looking back over at the TV. I opened the door and started out just to hear him call, “I love you.”

I stopped, unable to move from my spot for a moment. I took a step back after, and looked at him. “What did you just say to me?”

Westly fought to keep his cheeks from flushing. “Nothing.”

I smiled at him. “Bye, Westly.” And then I left to meet up with Kirk.

I hopped into my car and grove to the professional place that we would be dressing Kirk. It didn’t take me a terribly long time to get there, but I was thankful to get there early.

I walked in and a women stopped me from going any further after I was about 6 feet in the door. “You need reservations.”

“I’m here to help Kirk Davenport. I’m their wedding planner.”

The woman blinked her eyes and let me through. I turned the corner and saw Kirk sitting on a bench by himself, playing on his phone.

I walked up to him. “Hey,” I said, smoothing a strand of hair to my head because it had come out of my bun.

“Thanks for finally getting her, Lanea.”

I forced a smile. “I’m sorry. I was-“ I looked for the word. “Busy.”

“With Westly? I get it.” The look in his eyes told me that he wasn’t really okay with it.

“No, I wasn’t. I just…” My voice trailed off as Kirk gave me a look that said ‘I-know-that-you’re-lying-stop-it’. After a moment, my cheeks reddened. “Okay, but we didn’t do anything.”

I was such a bad liar.

Kirk gave me an amused look. “Okay, Lanea. Whatever you say.”

Kirk and I looked at a few tuxes that I picked out for him, and he really tried on anything I handed to him. I was amazed at how long it took him to change. I was standing up and looking at tuxes for an hour and I half as I handed him one by one that weren’t perfect enough. Even I was striving for perfection in this. It was mainly because I was getting paid very well by Daphne’s parents, but Kirk thought that I was doing it all for him. Partially, I was doing it for him. I didn’t want to lose him as a friend, my best friend.

The kid inside me made me wonder if I gave him a clown suit if he would try it on. I snickered to myself thinking about it while Kirk changed into yet another tux. I was still snickering when he came out with his tie undone.

He looked at me. “What are you laughing about?”

“Nothing,” I said, walking up to him and fixing the pale blue bowtie that came with the suit that he had left untied.

“Oh, you were thinking about your night with Westly, huh?” Kirk teased me.

“No,” I told him simply. I was after he said that though. I almost felt like I had to sit down just to think about it. I grinned.

“Yes you were. Don’t lie to me, Lanea.”

“I wasn’t lying to you, Kirk.” I met his eyes as I finished fixing his tie.

“Yes you were, Lanea. Quit lying.”

“I’m not lying!” I protested in almost a laughter-filled voice.

Kirk chuckled with me, and once the smiles faded, our eyes met and were locked until both of our eyes shut slowly. His lips pressed to mine, soft and smoothly. Memories flooded back, coming with old feelings and secrets. Here was another one.

A/N:

I love being a writer and the fact that clifhangers exist... :) I hope you enjoyed the chapter and you can hate me as much as you'd like for writing this. It was quite fun for me.

The outfit that Lanea wears in this chapter is in the external link----->

True to Me-Metro Station ----->

Thanks for reading and the support! :)

~Chey

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135 1 42
Laney Cartwright loved her job, was surrounded by great friends but seemed unlucky in love. Why is it that the guys you like never noticed you? Laney...
306K 11.7K 39
Sahara Martinez is a somewhat unlucky wedding planner. A hopeless romantic, who in fact hasn't had any romance. Actually, the last person who she cou...
180K 5.1K 72
I have three basic rules to live by Don't draw attention to myself. Make it through another year. My brother's friends are off limits. My junior year...
15.7K 718 17
"𝗢𝗳 π˜†π—Όπ˜‚'𝗿𝗲 π—Όπ˜ƒπ—²π—Ώπ˜π—΅π—Άπ—»π—Έπ—Άπ—»π—΄, 𝗢'𝗹𝗹 π—΄π—²π˜ 𝗡𝗢𝗴𝗡 π˜„π—Άπ˜π—΅ π˜†π—Όπ˜‚. 𝗢𝗳 π˜†π—Όπ˜‚'𝗿 π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—Ώ π˜€π—Άπ—»π—Έπ—Άπ—»π—΄, 𝗢'𝗹𝗹 𝗴𝗼 π—±π—Όπ˜„π—» π˜„...