Angel Of My Imagination - Nat...

By Thompson1317

To the outside world, Evalina Devin is seen as an average women. She works at a café in New York and that is... More

Extended Summary
Playlist
Part 1
Cast for Part 1
Chapter 1: Assistance
Chapter 2: Just the Beginning
Chapter 3: Nightmares
Chapter 4: Damage
Chapter 5: The Battle of New York Pt 1
Chapter 6: The Battle of New York Pt 2
Chapter 7: Goodbyes
Part 2
Cast for Part 2
Chapter 8: On High Alert
Chapter 9: Discoveries
Chapter 10: Pain
Chapter 11: Gone
Chapter 12: Conversation
Chapter 13: Elevator Catastrophe
Chapter 14: Lost and Found
Chapter 15: The Timer
Chapter 16: Where It Started
Chapter 17: The Truth
Chapter 18: A Friend
Chapter 19: What did you just say?
Chapter 20: Bucky?
Chapter 21: Survivor
Chapter 22: The Beginning to an End
Chapter 23: One Step Closer
Chapter 24: Restart
Part 3
Cast for Part 3
Chapter 25: New Recruit
Chapter 26: Stark
Chapter 28: Two Introductions
Chapter 29: Reasoning?
Chapter 30: Left Behind
Chapter 31: Take a Break
Chapter 32: Mind Games
Chapter 33: Unwanted Goodbyes
Chapter 34: Vision
Chapter 35: Savior
Chapter 36: Lose to Win
Chapter 37: Memories
Part 4
Cast for Part 4
Chapter 38: Next Step

Chapter 27: Family

1.3K 60 1
By Thompson1317

Family

~~~

"Lyon has been cleared," Maria tells me as Natasha and I enter the common room, "We are just prepping him with a suit."

"Great," I tell her as I sit on the couch. Natasha sits next to me as Tony walks in.

"Hello, ladies," Tony says with a tablet in his hands, "Found the Hydra base with Loki's scepter. It is in Sokovia. Due to him just being put on the team and still needing to train before going onto the field, Lyon will not be joining us. Suit up. The rest of the crew will meet us at the rendezvous point."

Tony smiles before walking out. "I'll be right there," I tell Natasha as she stands up. She nods with a small smile before kissing my cheek and making her way to our room. "Can I tell Tony?" I ask Maria as I look up at her.

"After the mission. We can't have this affecting him right now," Maria tell me and I nod with understanding. "Also," Maria tells me as I stand up, "You're new suit is in your room."

I smile brightly before puling her into a hug. "Thank you," I tell her before leaving. I make my way to my room, but stop when I see Natasha holding up my new suit.

I close the door and walk up behind her as I place a kiss on her neck before taking it from her hold. "I like it," she tells me with a smile as I put it on. The suit is all leather, but the top is tank top like, exposing my tattoo. My shoes are blue along with collar area of the top. I chuckle as Natasha then hand me blue fingerless gloves.

"Something different," Natasha says as she put them on me. She the caresses my cheeks and smiles before kissing me, "And no more mask. I also have something else."

Natasha grabs a case from under our bed and I look at her confused. "I got it fixed," she tells me as she pulls a sword out from inside. "The same handle, just new metal," Tasha says as she hand it to me. I smile brightly before hugging her as she hands it to me.

I run my fingers over it and I feel something wrapped around my waist. "A new holder. One for your sword and one for your gun," Natasha tells me and I smile as she places a pistol in the holster.

"Thank you, Nat."

I place my hand on her cheek before running my fingers through now her shorter hair.

"Let's go, guys," Tony speaks through the speakers in our room, "We don't have all day."

I roll my eyes at Tony's voice. "I'm going to break those speakers," Natasha tells me and I laugh at her before we walk out.

"Well look who decided to show up," Tony says as we walk up to him. I flick him on the forehead and he swats at my hand.

"Okay, children. Come along," Natasha tell us and we follow her onto the Quinjet.

----------

A few hours later

Smoke flies into my face from an explosion as Natasha, Clint, and I drive through the snow. I continue shooting at the guards as they surround us. One comes up to Natasha as she quickly kicks them. I jam my sword behind me when I feel a hand touch my shoulder. The guard grunts and I punch him off the car.

A car then pulls up with a machine gun on top. I am about to jump onto it when Thor lands on top of it and takes care of it for me. "Thanks, Thor," I say into the comms as I continue shooting.

"Of course, Evalina."

Natasha dives into an open area where Hulk is throwing the guards. We soon come up to a barricade and everyone jumps over. I cut a soldier as I land and I feel myself be picked up.

"Let's go," Tony says as he flies and carries me to the Hydra facility.

"First Steve and now you. Like I told Cap, if I die, Natasha will not be happy," I tell him as he swerves from people shooting at us.

"Relax, Blue. I got it all under control," Tony tells me before him and I fly into a forcefield.

"Shit!" We shout at the same time.

"Language!" Steve says into the comms.

"Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?" Steve asks as Tony flies us around the building.

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield," Jarvis responds, "Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken."

"Loki's scepter must be here," Thor announces, "Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last."

" 'At long last' is lasting a little long," Natasha tells us.

"Yeah, I think we lost the element of surprise," Clint says.

Soon Tony is above the area I am supposed to be. "Now!" I shout and he drops me before the building. I gracefully land on the ground and take out the guards. One runs up and I shoot them before I swing my sword at another one.

"Wait a second. No one else is gonna deal with the fact that Cap just said 'language'?" Tony asks us.

"I know," Steve says making me laugh. A guard looks at me weirdly and I just shrug before hitting him. "It just slipped out," Steve says.

Around twenty guards surround me and I sigh before climbing up a wall. I quickly reach the top and grab a large widow bite that Nat let me use. I throw it towards the ground and press the button sending shocks through all the guards.

"We have an enhanced in the field," Steve says into the comms.

"Clint's hit!" Natasha tells us and my heart drops.

"Crap," I mumble as I begin to run towards the building.

"Stark. Evalina. We really need to get inside," Steve tells us.

"I'm closing in," Tony tells him.

I get closer to the building when I see the shield disappear. "The drawbridge is down, people," Tony announces.

I pick up my pace when Natasha speaks through the comms, "Clint's hit pretty bad guys. We're gonna need evac."

I duck when I hear bullet coming towards me. I turn around and shoot at the guard. I hear Thor and Steve talking through the comms. "And for gosh sake, watch your language!" Tony says making me laugh.

"I got an entrance. I'm going in," I tell everyone as I kick the door open. I hold me sword and gun up ready to fight, but freeze when I see the room is empty. I place my gun in my holster, but keep my sword ready.

I notice two cells in the corner of the room and notice some wooden blocks in one cell. A button is next to the cell and I press it making the door to the cell open. I slowly make my way in and pick up one of the blocks. A red wisp is visible in my eyesight and I quickly look up and point my sword at the person. A girl. "Who are you?" I ask her, but she doesn't say anything.

She tilts her head with her eyes now red and puts her hands up. My eyes go wide as my body hits the wall. "Just encountered a second enhanced. Do not engage, " I say as I grunt while standing up and dropping the block on the floor.

"Are you okay?" Natasha asks in our private sets of comms.

"I'm alright, Nat."

"Be careful," Natasha tell me making me smile.

"Of course."

I walk out of the cell when Natasha talks into the main comms. "We're locked down out here," she tells us.

"Then get Banner. Time for a lullaby," Steve tells her, "Evalina, meet me at the main entrance."

"Copy that," I tell Cap and I make my way to there.

Once I get there, Steve and I walk into the building. I see a guard standing in a doorway and kick him. "Baron Strucker," Steve says as we walk through the doorway to see him, "Hydra's number one thug."

"Technically, I'm a thug for S.H.I.E.L.D." he replies.

"Well then technically you're unemployed," I tell him, "Where's Loki's scepter?"

"Don't worry, I know when I'm beat," Strucker tells us, "You'll mention how I cooperated, I hope."

"I'll put it right under 'illegal human experimentation' " Steve tells him, "How many are there?"

I look to my right and my eyes go wide when I see the same girl from earlier. Red wisps come out off her hands and pushes Steve and I down the stairs. "That's her," I tell him as we run back up, but she disappears.

"You'll have to be faster than -," Strucker starts saying, but Steve kicks his shield at him and he collapses.

"Thor," Tony says through the comms, "I got my eyes on the prize."

"Thank goodness," I say to Steve and he chuckles, "Let's head back."

Once we arrive outside the building, the Quinjet is there. Tony is already on the Quinjet with the scepter secured. "Hey," Natasha says with a small smile as I walk on.

"Hi, detka," I respond as I nod towards Clint, "How is he?"

"He'll be alright," Natasha says as Tony begins our journey back to New York.

"How are you?" I ask her and she sighs before shrugging

"I'll be fine," she tells me and I raise an eyebrow while looking at her. She chuckles before placing a hand on my arm, "I promise."

I nod and she smiles. "I'm going to check on Bruce," she tells me and I nod. I watch as Natasha walks over to him, so I go to Clint. "Hey," I say as I stand next him.

"Hey," he responds with a small smile.

"Be more careful. Natasha needs her best friend," I tell him and his smile grows.

"I'm trying," he tells me and I chuckle. I gently hold his hand and he lightly squeezes it. I squeeze his hand back before we let go.

"Thor, report on the Hulk," Natasha says catching everyone's attention.

"Gates of Hel are filled with the screams of his victims," Thor tells her and I look at him with wide eyes. Bruce sighs before placing his face in his hands. "But not the screams of the dead, of course," Thor continues after seeing Bruce's reaction, "They are wounded screams. Mainly whimpering, uh, a great deal of complaining and tales of strange deltoids and gout."

I sigh before crossing my arms at Thor's words. "Hey, Banner. Dr. Cho is on her way from Seoul. Is it okay if she sets up in your lab?" Tony asks him.

"Yeah, she knows her way around," Bruce responds.

"Jarvis, take the wheel," Tony states. I walk to a cabinet and grab a rag before pulling out my sword from my holder.

I begin to clean my sword when I notice Thor, Tony, and Steve talking. I focus on cleaning my sword and a few minutes later we arrive back at the tower.

Natasha rushes out with Clint and the doctors. Thor walks out with Bruce trailing behind. I stay on the Quinjet planning to talk to Tony about the situation I have going on. "Labs all set up boss," Maria tells Tony as she walks on.

"Uh, he's the boss," Tony tells her while pointing at Steve, "I just pay for everything, design everything, and make everyone look cooler."

"Here is the folder," Maria says handing it to me.

"Thank you," I tell her and she nods before walking out with Steve.

"Tony," I say catching his attention, "Can we talk?"

"Of course," he says walking over to me, "What's up?" I hand him the folder and he looks at me confused. "What is this?" He asks me.

"Just read it," I tell him. Tony looks at me confused before opening the folder. I see multiple emotions cross his face. Shock, fear, sadness. A mix of everything.

"Evy," he whispers while still looking at the papers.

"What?" I ask confused. Tony closes the folder before looking up at me.

"I called you Evy," Tony says and I feel tears form in my eyes. "I remember the night you were taken. Mom and dad were crying in the living room, but I couldn't face them. I didn't want to accept that my baby sister was gone. I neve thought that I would see her again, but here you are," Tony says and I notice a tear fall down his cheek. He wraps his arms around and pulls me into his embrace. I tightly hug him back as he rests his head on top of mine.

"I missed you, Evy," Tony mumbles into my hair. We hold each other for a few minutes longer before pulling apart and he speaks up again. "Welcome to the Stark family."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 211 22
Tony and Natasha have big secret that no one except Nick Fury and Maria Hill know about. They have a six-year-old daughter. It's been one heck of a t...
9.1K 177 90
Book Two 💜 You don't have to read the first book but you probably should! "Then you realize she's right there And you're at home like, Damn, she can...
716K 25.6K 45
𝐒𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐌| ❝Are you ever serious?❞ ❝Sweetheart, serious ...
48.1K 1.3K 16
how is it, he wondered, that such a feral beast could live underneath her skin; ...