He Wants The Unwanted Girl

By jayes_diary

"I can't marry you." This one line shattered everything her dreams, hopes, happiness, her soul. This not only... More

To My Readers
Sneak Peek
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Lost in Music
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 48

3K 201 22
By jayes_diary

"It's been too long, Mom."

Yes, she's a mother who hasn't seen her only son for too long. The motherly craving was trapped within her for too long. She should jump for joy and cry out in excitement but there seemed to have too many walls built up between them, along with all the hard feelings harbored for a long time. This was her son, her own blood, but the same son didn't think once before leaving her teary-eyed, so the only words that transpired were, "How are you? What are you doing here?"

"So cold, Mom. Well, this was not what I expected after meeting all these years. It's been too long."

"So what did you expect?"

" "Maybe a little more warm welcome. What about a loving hug?"

"Hug?" A sad but sarcastic smile pulled up her lips at the audacity of her son.

"Maybe I would have but then I didn't. What if I get stumbled again? You know out of shock. It's quite difficult for me to remember that I had a son."

"Why so bitter Mom?"

Debjani just scoffed.

"Please, I know you are not exactly happy with me or I am not an ideal son. But I believe you can help me with something." This time there was sincerity in his tone which surprised Debjani.

"My help? That's strange as far as I know you are doing quite well without me."

Dibakar sighed in frustration.

"Would you just pause with all your sarcastic comments and wits? You know I might do the same when you chose someone else over your son but I didn't. We both made a choice and I respected yours."

"No, you can't do the same, firstly I didn't come to you begging for your help and secondly I'm sorry if it offended you that I chose my broken precious daughter-in-law over a selfish ungrateful irresponsible son. You abandoned us and. Yes, it was your choice that ruined another's life. But I don't think my choice ruined any life. So there is a vast difference. Don't compare me with you and I am guessing by your attitude you are still the same."

"Mom, we have this conversation before. Say whatever you want and I won't blame you, I deserve this. But I am having a critical issue and I really need your help. At least for the sake of the time we were together please help me." Dibakar said suddenly sounding very tired.

Her temple parted questioningly.

After taking a deep sigh Dibakar continued, "Who is Ananya's father?"

The question almost sucked her breath for a moment but then she controlled herself.

"That's an out-of-syllabus question for you."

She started walking ignoring his accusing eyes.

"Please Mom, I really need to know." He blocked her way, eyes pleading.

"As I said you don't need to know that. She's Dipti's daughter."

"And what about her father?"

"I don't know. Dipti brought her."

"What do you mean by bringing her? Baby is not something that is being sold in the market or fall from the sky?" This time Dibakar said a little louder losing his patience. Some people started staring at them.

"But they can be adopted, you forgot perhaps?"

"Adopted?" He seemed to process her words for a second but his suspicion came back.

"No." He conceded with confidence.

"She reminded me so much of her that day. It can't just be a coincidence to remember her while talking to Ananya. And I dare say there are similarities with someone else also"

He said more to himself.

"You talked to her? When? Where did you meet her?" She almost panicked a little.

"Yeah she came to my anniversary as a guest and we had quite a friendly chat."

She scoffed.

"Friendly? You must be joking?"

"Why? We can't have a friendly chat, you think?"

Debjani understood where this conversation was going. It's better to stop.

"You know what, I have so much work to do. I can't just stand here the whole day gossiping over this ridiculous topic. Take care and though I don't know if it's necessary or not for you, my blessings are with you and your family. Goodbye."

Without waiting for his reply she started walking.

But before she could get away far his voice rang in her ears.

"Fine, you don't need to answer me. But your ignorance just solidified my suspicions more and I will find out the truth soon."

*****
Things were really not going favorably for Ananya. She was restless, disturbed, distracted, and worried. Arjun hadn't come to the office the next day, instead worked from home and the conversation they had on the phone is totally professional except for her asking him about his health. Arjun had been eerily silent regarding their relationship. The whole time in the office seemed like forever.

The next day when Ananya came to the office she noticed Arjun's presence in the sophisticated cabin of his. He seemed busy. But as soon as she entered her office her nose filled with the sweet smell of roses. There was a bunch of those white flowers she so adored screaming its beauty. With slow steps, she took the bouquet and held close savoring the sweet aroma.

The small note attached to it read,

"Please accept these small tokens of love, my dear. But not to offend you the feelings growing in me for you can't simply be conveyed just by them, I feel. Nothing seemed to be enough. Though that can't stop my efforts. I feel what had happened we both were responsible for. But we have our future.

Today after office I shall wait for you in my car in the parking by 7 pm. We have somewhere to go. Don't keep me waiting much...."

She was speechless, breathless, and mindless. It is not so not fine for someone to be this perfect. He was attractive yet soothing, authoritative yet passionate. Someone who can be the cute guy sending butterflies in your stomach but also can make shiver with his touch.

But alas! The world would have been more peaceful if always perfection meets perfection.

When she put all her efforts into being the perfect fiance of Rahul she got devastation instead. And when finally someone does those fairytale things to her he got deceived.

But she can't run away. One thing she learned long ago, was never to be the coward who hid their face behind the curtain instead of facing it. She had started it and she would end it. People would get hurt but it will be easy to move on also.

All day Arjun was totally in his no-nonsense-bossy mood. In fact the long meeting with the investors was enough to tire her. But anticipation for their date put her a little on the edge. She knows this is it, break it, or built it. Wait! Did she just think differently? Did she just indicate something positive, as if it was hidden inside her deep down?

Could she really build something......with Arjun. God, help her!

Ananya dressed in a knee-length floral print white dree. Pearl earrings and heels give perfect company. She let her curls free.

Seriously! One on side she's making plans to break his heart into pieces with her awful confessions and on the other side she's dressing herself like the perfect little girlfriend. Her whole life is so damn conflicting.

Open your eyes you stupid. Dress! He wouldn't even feel like looking at your face, let alone your dress.

She rebuked herself internally. Thankfully her friend is not home and Dadi is busy somewhere with her supposed old friend.

Right at the time her phone called off. She picked up.

"So I assume you are all ready?"

"Just wait a minute. I will be downstairs."

She was nervous, confused, and confused about what to do. The grey matter up there in her head was telling her to spill everything but the rhythmic beating matter in the left side was getting tugged at the thought of Arjun hating her. Would it be so bad to not tell him and take her chance? Maybe, this one last time. One last time of hope, one last time of dreaming, one last time of getting lost with someone. Just see what happens.

"So?"

"So what?"

"Are we going to your farmhouse again?"

"Not exactly."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"That we are not exactly going to my farmhouse," Arjun replied in a playful tone.

She groaned inwardly.

"So where are we going then?" She asked impatiently.

Arjun raised his left brow at her.

"I didn't know that you can be such an impatient child."

"I am not being an inpatient child," she said petulantly.

When she was so sure that they are going to his farmhouse their car took a different turn just before it. As the car moved it revealed the blue vast sea. The soothing sound of stream kissing their ears.

Arjun got off the car and opened the door for her. Her curious eyes started roaming around once she came out and that's when her eyes landed on the small heart-warming little arrangement. She was speechless.

Hello guys hope you all are doing well. Here is the chapter. Please let me know how is it? And please please please vote share and comments.

Stay safe and be happy ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 174K 72
He is a psychopath. For her. #1 The Desi Psychopath Series The glass from her hand dropped and she was about to run towards her brother. But... "Shh...
92.2K 6K 39
Two people completely in love and inseparable but ......one big incident changed their life and they got separated.... what will happen when dest...
13.6K 335 39
What if your internet crush becomes your present? This is a story of a girl named Ahana who is jovial and carefree. She is like a boy named Aryan. He...
338K 14.4K 41
"I will accept your resignation but under one condition," said Vikram Singhal, playing with the paperweight akin to the manner he was playing with th...