Bound by Blood, Forged in Fire

By Pierce_Chandler46

When Gibbs gets hospitalized the NCIS team meets someone with more insight about him than anyone. Set in the... More

Cast
First Born
Blank
Forward
Joint Forces
Initiative
Hooyah
Leads
Commitment
Honor
Courage
In The Field
Takedown
The Chase
Strength of the Pack
Resolve
All Hands on Deck
Into The Fire
Blaze
Infamy
Pursuit
Echo
Mirror
Whiplash
FOB
Patterns
Divided
Retribution
Thunder
Defensive
November
Predators
Reckoning
Extract
The Stand
Fugitive
Harbingers
Brotherhood
Taken
Strategize
SERE
The Doc
Impostor
Impact
Winchester
Incoming
Fratricide
In Deep
Stateside
Bonds and Blood

Hard Press

273 2 2
By Pierce_Chandler46

The prisoners were placed under the custody of NCIS once they returned to the operations center. The SEALs went to their barracks while Ziva went over the evidence from the mission, the operators were meticulous with their gatherings. She, McGee, and Lieutenant Marrow began going over the intelligence that had been gathered. The prisoners had tattoos that were consistent with various cartels and other organized crime organizations, suggesting that the group that they were tracking down hired from a variety of different syndicates. The background check strengthened this theory. Marrows left to watch the interrogation and Julian came in, he assisted with the initial interrogation.

"One of the guys from Nicaragua had a tattoo like that," said Jace. "I remember because he was the only guy who put up a real fight."

"That proves that the organization has operations there," said McGee. "They must have been setting up shop around the same time your platoon and the ODA."

"Explains how they got past our reconnaissance operations," responded Jace. "We scoped out the region before we took up shop and let the locals handle security."

"The professionals set it all up then let the foot soldiers take care of the rest," said Ziva.

. . .

Marrows walked back from Interrogation, she compiled enough information to figure out that the prisoners had been exiled from their previous organizations. She got everything written down on a notepad. She sensed that something was off in the Electronics Room, she drew her Beretta and radioed security. A rustling sound came from the room, Marrows entered. She swept the corners and reached for her radio, holstering her firearm. As she turned around she came face-to-face with a man with a Colt M1911.

"Put the gun and radio on the ground," said the intruder, there was a slight Hispanic accent in his voice. "And kick them away."

Marrows pretended to follow his instructions.

"You're coming with—"

The intruder paused as he was struck in the jaw by the Naval Officer. Despite recovering he knew that he couldn't do anything the moment he felt Jace's Sig pressed against the back of his head. Ziva came around the corner with her firearm aimed directly at the man's head.

"Either put it down or get put down," said Jace, cocking the hammer of his pistol back.

Defeated the man allowed Marrows to take his weapon away and was slammed to the floor by Jace.

"Ma'am, you know there's a reason you don't go anywhere without a shipmate right?" said Jace, smiling at the officer.

"And you had my back anyway," responded Marrows.

. . .

"His name is Hector Valdez," said DiNozzo, going through a large folder. "He was a high-ranking enforcer for the Sinaloa Cartel until two years ago when they found out that he was freelancing for other groups."

"How'd he get past security?" asked Jace, the more he knew the more questions he had. "None of our searches turned up anything."

"We had the local police augment security when you deployed," said the older Gibbs. "He must've slipped inside during the switch."

"His former allegiances are in Mexico and he's only been out of the country once," said Ziva, sensing something off. "What's he doing in Columbia?"

"I think I may have something," said McGee. "For the past year, he's been traveling all-round South America around the same time as four other drug traffickers with ties to Columbia."

"That enforces our theory that exiled cartel members are banding together to form their group," said Marrows.

"I need something to hit and I can't use him."

Julian left, making his way to the barracks, he needed to blow off steam. The room was empty, he picked up a pair of gloves and made his way to a punching bag, and started beating it. With every blow, his mind went back to the loss of Ballard, to Swarek & Niels' betrayal of the Trident, and the loss of his friends. He needed a sense of control, to maintain his environment and everything was falling apart. The deeper he got into his head the harder he punched the bag. The sailor sensed a presence behind him, he stopped and turned around.

"Dad,"

The older man took a seat on the bench, beckoning his son to take a seat as well.

"It's not easy, being in charge," said Jethro

"I'm supposed to maintain order," said Julian, sitting down. "Feels like I've failed."

"Can't control everything, believe me, I tried."

The two just sat there, they didn't have to go into detail or have heavy conversations. The part of their relationship that they depended on most was their mutual empathy, they understood each other often.

. . .

The platoon was practicing a live-fire drill, the Team 3 SEALs were due to be sent back to Coronado. Their command was worried about the operators' headspace, and what was going on with them internally. Jace was speaking with Special Warfare Operator First Class Wesley Bennet, the westerner's de facto team leader.

"I don't like the idea of leaving before the job's done, Chief," said the SEAL. "But I can't deny that the team needs time to deal."

"I get it, don't worry about the mission," said Jace. "Between us and NCIS, the hunt won't end anytime soon."

With that, the operators went back to their respective teams. Jace was sparring with Brookes when McGee came up to him.

"Jace, we managed to get something off of the intruder's phone," said the Junior Field Agent. "We managed to track where it's been in the past week, it showed a small fortified compound in the Caquetá jungle area."

"That's FARC territory," said Brookes. "I thought these guys were made up of cartel rejects."

"There's evidence showing that Valdez has been in contact with active cartel members too."

"Sounds like they're arming up," said Jace. "Or at least making deals with former colleagues."

"Valdez's phone shows that he's scheduled to meet a couple of them in the compound in four days."

"We greenlit to go?" asked Jace.

McGee nodded; the two sailors left to debrief the team.

. . .

Three days later

Team 4 and Team 3 platoons reached the compound on foot under the cover of darkness. Their intelligence suggested that their targets were holed up in the compound for the night; they used an AeroVironment RQ-11 Raven UAV to scan over the area. The  RQ-11 Raven showed that there were at least 20 men on patrol, the Team 4 SEALS were going to be the main assault force while the Team 3 platoon would man the UAV, set up marksmen, and support gunner overwatch. The assault force made their way to the compound, the snipers cleared the way. The assaulters split into squads, clearing their way to the center of the compound where their objectives were.

Julian, Reese, Wesson, and a fourth SEAL breached the entrance, clearing the room. They engaged two hostiles and made their way through the hallway to the main lounge, where the HVTs were staying. On Jace's mark, they breached Wesson and the fourth SEAL took out two guards while Jace and Reese subdued two of the HVTs. A third tried to scramble for a weapon but Reese clipped him in the shoulder. The three targets were alive, Julian treated the wounded one while the rest zip-cuffed the others.

"Alpha-Two to Alpha-One Tangos secured," Julian barked into his radio. "Waiting on PID, over."

At the TOC the agents watched the operation take place through the monitors. The operators recorded it all as it took place through their body cameras. McGee and Marrows worked on facial recognition, all three targets were confirmed to be high-ranking cartel members and organized criminals. They gave the SEALs the go and watched them make for the exfil.

Once the assaulters were clear the Team 3 platoon made their way to the exfil point. Once there they waited for the helicopter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 1K 26
Gibbs and DiNozzo are drugged can Gibbs forgive himself for not being stronger. The consequences of this lead Tony to leave NCIS and search out his f...
15.6K 449 43
BOOK TWO OF LIFE LINE SERIES When two NCIS agents went missing, it turned out to be a bigger problem than they bargained for. One of the two is still...
47.5K 759 41
It's being two years since Deaf woman had being captured by a team of terrorists in Middle East. She's former Marine. Naval Criminal Investigation Se...
36.8K 913 24
First of; I don't own NCIS nor do I own any of the characters from the show. The only character that I do consider owning is my own made up one - Oli...