Lab Rats: My lighting Rod

By lolan_22

Maddie is dealing with the aftermath of losing her powers and the trauma Marcus put her through. Read along a... More

Chapter 1: The aftermath
Chapter 2: Memory Wipe
Chapter 3: Avalanche!
Chapter 4: Llama Drama
Chapter 5: No Going Back
Chapter 6: Sink or Swim Pt.1
Chapter 7: Sink or Swim Pt.2
Chapter 8: Jet Wing
Chapter 10: Principal from another Planet
Chapter 11: Taken
Chapter 12: Which father knows best?
Chapter 13: You posted what?! Pt. 1
Chapter 14: You posted what?! Pt. 2
Chapter 15: Armed and Dangerous
Chapter 16: Alien Gladiators
Chapter 17: Face Off
Chapter 18: Rise of the Secret Soldiers Pt.1
Chapter 19: Rise of the Secret Soldiers Pt.2
Chapter 20: Bionic Houseparty

Chapter 9: Mission: Mission Creek High

311 6 2
By lolan_22

February 17th Davenport Lab (Maddie's POV)-

Davenport was guiding us all down to the lab to reveal it to Adam, Bree, and Chase. Leo and I had already seen it since we helped design and build it. Chase had been helping me with my memory and as far as I could tell things were getting better. The thing was there was a few big blocks of memories blocked out. I still couldn't remember things like me being a superhero and that whole side of my life. I still couldn't remember meeting Alex, Adam, Bree, Chase, Leo, Davenport or Tasha. But I hated that I couldn't remember falling in love with Chase. I still knew they all happened but I could reach them.

We had reached the new Lab door and Chase took my hand pulling me out of my deep thought to hear Davenport's horrible singing. "I got a new lab, I got a new lab. I got a new lab."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. I think you mean, we got a new lab." Bree corrected dryly.

"Excuse me. Did we pay to rebuild it?" He retorted.

"Do you sleep in a glass box?" You could actually see the shift in his face as he thought of what he could say. It was interesting.

"We got a new lab, we got a new lab." He cheered and we joined as the door opened. "And here it is."

"You guys killed it. Mr. Davenport, this place is amazing." Chase said as entered the new lab.

"Of course it is. I designed it." This wasn't gonna slide.

"Ahem." Leo and I exclaimed, giving home incredulous looks. We worked hard o this too.

"Fine. WE designed it. We, we!" Davenport exclaimed before turning to give the tour. "Upgraded capsules, bam! Quantum processing supercomputer, bam! Four-dimensional combat simulator, bam! This, my friends, is what a multi-million dollar makeover looks like."

"Is there a mini fridge?" Adam asked and I couldn't help to hold in my smirk.

"No." The billionaire said. Chase had caught me though and sent a look to ask what was going on. I shrugged to tell him that I'd explain later.

"I bet our real dad's lab has a mini fridge." Adam grumbled.

"Hey, Leo, where's your work station?" Bree asked to move on to a new subject.

"This way, children." Leo said smugly. He guided them across the room before using his tablet to switch the floor panel in front of us to reveal his desk.

"Whoa!" Wait till they see my workstation.

"The floor in the lab is compartmentalized, meaning we can store things in it. May I?" He asked Mr. Davenport and received a nod of approval. "Bam!"

Chase took a look around before noticing something new. "Is that a nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometer? Ahh! I've never seen one in person before. It's so beautiful." He ran over and basically worshiped the piece of technology.

"Maddie looks like you have some competition." Adam teased. Chase stood up with pink on his ears and moved back over to us.

"Yeah I might need to watch my back." I added.

"What are you talking about?" Leo smirked and I was trying to choke him with my eyes. "You had the same reaction if not worse." He laughed. Chase placed his arm across my shoulders and pulled me closer.

"What about Maddie's desk?" Bree was the first to notice.

"That's a very good question." I moved away from Chase and stole the tablet from Leo's hands as he gave me a dry look. I brought my workspace up from the storage unit arose from the capsules and Leo rolled his eyes as the three siblings stared in awe.

The space took up about three tiles compared to Leo's one (which was the part he was most upset with). It had a few lab benches and a desk with multiple computers. The best part though was that it has walls made out of the same material from the new capsules and could change the opacity and could be noise canceling.

"Mr. Davenport, how did you afford all this?" Bree asked. Still in awe of all the upgrades.

"Well, I used some of the money from the jet wing stunt, but the rest of it I got from a huge government contract I just signed. I am developing a rocket system to protect the earth from rogue asteroids. Thanks to this little baby, I'm on my way back up Rich Man Mountain, and, WHOO, the air smells better up here! Huh? Whoa." That's something I didn't want to hear or see. "Oh, wait, there's one more thing I forgot to show you."

"Mini fridge?" Adam asked in hope.

"There's no mini fridge." Davenport said through gritted teeth.

"But there is me!" A small emoticon cam on to the screen Davenport embedded in the wall and every one groaned.

"Hello, friends, and I use the term friends loosely because you're not my friends, and I hate you." The AI said with snark. I already didn't like him.

"Did you really have to bring Eddy back?" Bree asked well, more like groaned.

"Yeah, I don't know that I'm okay with that." Chase added in a more serious tone that usual.

"Well, then you definitely won't be okay with this." Suddenly the floor beneath Chase opened up and he dropped to the lower level. "Bam!" Eddy said before shutting off.

Davenport gave me a look to help Chase as he took Leo, Adam, and Bree on the rest of the tour. I ran over to the console and lifted the floor tile to bring Chase back up.

"Eddy is one thing I definitely wished would've stayed forgotten." He laughed as he got up off the floor. I wanted to help but he had told me not to strain myself as my leg was in the final stage of healing.

"Yeah I was kinda hoping you didn't remember him either." He laughed. "Hey, do you want to do something tomorrow night? We haven't spent a lot of time together and I was thinking maybe we could go on a date?"

"Sounds good. What do you want to do?" I sat down at Leo's desk chair

"We could go out for dinner? Maybe that German place you like?" He offered.

"Yeah I'd like that. Want to see something funny?" I asked as I grabbed my tablet and Chase seemed skeptical.

"Do I...?" He asked warily.

"Just watch." I hit a few buttons to bring up one of the storage tile from below that held a mini fridge.

"You gonna share?"

February 18th Mission Creek High School (Chase's POV)-

We had walked to school that morning but barely avoided being run over but some maniac in a red crossover. Maddie hadn't noticed as she had her headphones on and her note book in front of her. She was off in her own world.

"That jerk has been doing doughnuts in the school parking lot all morning." Bree groaned as we finally made it to the front door of the school.

"I know. Finally, a good reason to come to school." Adam said mostly to himself before I realized the car was headed straight towards us.

"Guys, look out!" Adam pushed Leo and Bree out of the way as I grabbed Maddie and carried her out of harm's way.

"What are you doing?" She asked as I set her down.

"Madds did you not see the car that was about to run over you?" I asked mainly out of concern but it came off as spiteful.

"Oh. No. I didn't." She said with a shy blush. The longer it took for her memory to come back the more I realized that she wasn't herself. Maddie couldn't remember all the challenges and emotions she had dealt with to become who she is or was. So it was like talking to a completely different person sometimes.

"Sorry. I'm just glad you're okay." I pulled her in for a hug and kissed her forehead before she leaned into my chest. We looked up to see a very uncoordinated principal fumbling out of her car. Figures.

"What's up?" She tried to make it cool but she really just sounded tired.

"What are you doing?" Leo asked.

"Pushin' the envelope on this little baby's rollover specs." She said sounding more like her self.

"How did you afford this?" Adam asked and he did bring up a good point.

"Your daddy gave me my first payment for keeping your little bionic secret. So naturally, I went out and bought my dream car, a barrel of pudding, and a lifetime supply of kitty litter. The fancy kind that clumps!" She gushed and we all grimaced.

"I think we have different definitions of fancy." Bree said and we nodded in agreement. We went to make our way inside when Principal Perry followed close behind.

"So you guys are bionic. How's that work?" Did she have no concept of secrecy. We were in the middle of the high school hallway as she spouted off random questions. "Can you recharge my cell phone? Do you have vacuum attachments? Can you turn into wolves?"

"Not yet, but I did put that in the suggestion box." Adam said looking to Maddie who was already refocused on her notebook but without the headphones this time.

"Never gonna happen." She said without looking up and missed Adams pouting.

"Come on, there's gotta be more you're not telling me. Spill! Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme." She started poking at Adam's shoulder repeatedly trying to get something out of him.

"She's not gonna stop, is she?" Bree asked as Perry continued somehow not needing to breathe.

"What do you think?" Leo asked dryly. We all knew Perry was probably the most persistent and determined person on the planet when it came to something she wanted.

"Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme"

"Okay, okay! We use our bionics to go on missions." Adam broke and we all gave him a look that said what the hell are you doing?

"Missions! I would be so good on missions. I can see it now." Principal Perry started starring off into space as she imagined. She described her version of a mission and it sounded like a kids story about rescuing a cat, fighting lunch ladies, and "clearing" lasers.

"Please make it stop!" Leo exclaimed as she finished her story.

"So when do we go on our first mission? Do I get nunchucks? I want nunchucks. I want nunchucks, I want nunchucks." We tried walking off but Perry followed. I tried to explain that we had to go to class but she had quickly pointed out that all their teachers were her underlings and she could do whatever she wanted to.

I had to admit that was a good point but having her follow us around all day wouldn't be fun.

Davenport House (Chase's POV)-

We had just made it home from a long day at school. Usually I loved school but it's hard to focus on that when there is a tiny obsessive woman bothering you all day. At least I would still have my date with Maddie.

"Man, I'm exhausted. Perry's been nagging me all day about going on a mission. Ooh, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme."

"Don't do that." Maddie grimaced at my Perry impression. Speak of the devil.

"What's up, mission buds?" Perry said as she walked in from the back of the house carrying a chain saw.

"What are you doing here? How did you get in our house?" Bree asked.

"I used the doggie door." Wait, what?

"We don't have a doggie door." I added slowly.

"You do now." She laughed as she gestured with the saw in her hand. "So, when are we going on our mission?"

"It's not like these things just happen every day." Bree explained.

"That's cool. I'll wait." Perry sat down and made herself comfortable on the couch.

"You can't stay here." Bree exclaimed.

"Au contraire, Cinderfrella. I can do whatever I want. And if that means waiting here for six months until a mission comes up, so be it. Delete all recordings? Yes!" We all groaned in agony as we watched Perry delete every recorded movie and tv show. "Might as well get comfortable. You kids wanna help me with a perm?"

"Sure!" Did Adam even know what a perm was.

"No! This ends now." Bree pushed. She grabbed Adam and I and pulled us over so we could figure things out.

"Well, what are we supposed to do? It's not like we can take her on a real mission." I added.

"Then let's take her on a fake one. We'll blindfold her, say we're at some remote site, and just take her down to the lab." Bree said but we couldn't do that.

"No. No! You know Mr. Davenport's rules. No outsiders in the lab ever." Mr. Davenport and Maddie would kill us if they found out.

"Who wants to help me with my hard-to-reach spots?" Perry yelled and I suddenly had a change of heart.

"And I'm in."

...

"Hey are you alright? Where'd you go?" Maddie came straight down to the lab after school and seemed a bit too focused on her work today so I went down to find her but she wasn't anywhere to be found. I was about to call her but found that my phone was already vibrating and had the picture of her hiding behind her ice cream at the beach.

"I'm really sorry Chase. Davenport pulled me away for some important board meeting tonight and I can't get out of it. Can I call a rain check on the date?" I could hear the remorse in her voice but it was still a bit upsetting.

"Yeah I get it Madds. Don't worry about us. We can do it next week."

"Sounds great! Thanks Chase!"

"I love-"

"Oh I gotta go! Bye." The line went dead and I sighed as I put my phone down. Right now Maddie is more emotionally attached to her work than me because that's what she could remember. This sucks.

Davenport Lab (Chase's POV)-

We decided that it would be easier to do the "mission" with Perry tonight. Mainly so we could get her out of the house as soon as possible.

"Alright, here we are." Adam said as he pushed a blindfolded Perry out of the elevator. We all had our mission suits on as we made our way into the lab.

"Whoa, we got to the mission site fast." Perry said.

"Uh, yeah, that's 'cause we took a hyperloop. It moves at the speed of sound." I lied. Bree gave me a questioning look and I shrugged in response.

"I know. This isn't my first teen spy mission." What does that even mean? "Why am I blindfolded?"

"Cause we're bionic. Your human eyes can't take the radiation of the hyperloop." I added and she seemed to buy it.

"What about the rest of my body?" She asked.

"You're on your own with that." Bree said before taking the blindfold off Perry.

"Where are we? Are we in space?" She asked.

"Uh, we're at an enemy base on the other side of" I tried giving her an explanation but she kept losing focus. I snapped at her to pull her back in. "We're at an enemy base on the other side of the world. We have to access their computers, and download sensitive information."

"Oh. Where's my uniform?" I was trying to think of an answer but Adam stepped in.

"Uh, you don't get one. The tailor says science hasn't caught up to that yet." He explained with a sneer.

"Okay, so what do I do? If a bad guy shows up, I call dibs on wastin' him." She grabbed one of Maddie's blasters from the desk.

"No, no, no, no." Bree pulled the blaster away from Perry. "We don't waste people."

"Just stand guard." I guided her towards the door and away from anything expensive.

"Got it. Don't worry, when they see me, they'll run." She said confidently.

"I don't doubt that." Bree teased.

"Look, look, just sit-- Stop, sit down, and stop touching stuff." I guided her to Leo's desk and pushed her into the seat.

"Hey, I'm on a mission now, too. I don't have to take any-"

"Sit down!" We yelled.

"Fine." Perry groaned. I went to Maddie's desk and brought up a few scanning programs to make it look like I was doing something.

I was gonna do a bit of work on the computer but I got a text from Maddie.

I wish I could've just stayed with you.

This meeting is sooo boring

Yeah

way better than staying home all night

These old guys barely have any idea what they're talking about

They just want more money

That is kind of their job...

Theyre still dumb

Crap

They caught me texting I gotta go

Love you <3 bye

Love you too good luck

I was just putting my phone down when when I heard sparks and smelt smoke.

"What did you do?!" I found Perry at Leo's desk covered with... apple juice? "That's a brand-new console."

"So what? It's not yours. What do you care?" I grabbed a rag to start cleaning the desk.

"Because If we leave the place a mess, we're no better than they are." I added and Perry continued to wander around the lab.

"Oh, ooh! Live satellite feed. Let's pull up the school. I wanna see if the sheriffs are still sniffin' around for me." Perry pressed a few keys and set off an alarm.

"What was that?" Bree asked.

"I didn't do it." Perry said as she covered her own behind. I didn't want her to know what she really did so I pulled Adam and Bree to the side.

"Guys, she just activated Mr. Davenport's defense program and fired a rocket at Mission Creek High." I explained.

"Hey, what a coincidence. We go there." Adam laughed.

I turned towards Bree and ignored Adam. "This is really bad. That rocket's gonna hit the school, and the place is packed. Tonight is the state championship."

"Plus, Leo's there on a date with Janelle." Bree added.

"Oh, two disasters in one night. Poor Leo." Adam teased.

"Okay, what's really goin' on here?" Now she catches on.

"Principal Perry, we're not at an enemy base. We're actually in our lab, which is in the basement of our house." Bree explained.

"Oh, you tricked me? I hate being tricked. Do you know how many magicians I've made disappear?" Perry was raging before she could do anything though Eddie showed up.

"Hey, what's the deal with señorita sausage paws?" Is he trying to make her angrier?

"What is that?" Perry asked in a complete one eighty of emotions.

"I'm Eddy, your smart home security system." It was the direct reply for anyone who asked.

"I'm Terry Perry, their principal, moral compass, and 1984 log-splitting champion of a Alberta, Canada, men's division." Perry flexed aa she boasted.

"I thought I recognized the beard." Eddie added smugly.

"It was a 'stache!" Was it though?

Bree pulled her back to the problem at hand. "Principal Perry, focus, focus. There is a rocket headed toward our school, and we have to stop it."

"No, not the school. All my wrestling equipment is in there." Perry was suddenly invested.

"Guys, we only have four minutes until this thing hits. Mr. Davenport redesigned everything about this lab. I can't figure out how to stop it." I continued to work my way around the new system.

"This is the kind of crisis that calls for a chilled beverage. Oh, wait." Adam was still pouting over the lack of a mini fridge.

"What was that? What just happened?" Bree asked.

"Your mission leader just put you on lockdown. Now no one can get in or out. Well, except me. Later, losers." Eddy added with his usual level of concern.

"We've gotta call Leo and tell everyone to get out of there." I tried calling Leo but the call wouldn't go through. "There's no service! The lockdown must be blocking our cell phone signal."

"Multi-million dollar makeover, and he couldn't install a land line? Genius, my butt." Adam scoffed. "Man, I'm gonna miss that school. Well, I should get to bed, it's a school night."

"What's going on in there?" Davenport yelled through the door.

"Finally! Mr. Davenport's here." Bree said in relief.

"I'm here too!" Maddie pointed out.

"Wait! It could be a trap." Adam added.

"Hey, Mr. Davenport, Madds. Don't worry. Everything is fine." I said slowly through the door.

"Of course it is. That's why I got an alert on my phone that the lab is on lockdown! What's going on?" Davenport yelled.

"Well, remember your rocket program?" I asked sheepishly.

"Yes!" He screamed through the door.

"Uh. Really man?" Maddie groaned, probably out of his loudness.

"Perry may have accidentally-" I started but Bree took over.

"Sent one to hit our high school." She added.

"Perry?!" Mr. Davenport yelled.

"Hi, Don." Perry said with a small voice.

"Nobody touch anything. I'm gonna try and hack my way into my own security program. It's not accepting my override command. Why did I have to design it so perfectly?" Davenport groaned.

"Wow, even in a crisis, that ego does not quit." Bree said dryly.

"It's not accepting your override because you didn't design it." Maddie fought. A few seconds later the doors opened and let Maddie and Davenport into the lab.

"I should be able to shut down the rocket remotely from here. I just have to switch everything to the satellite feed."

"Oh satellite let me see!" Perry shoved Davenport away before he fought back for the computer.

"How could you let her down here? She's smelly. You are all grounded forever! Times three times pi." Mr. Davenport and Maddie got to work but were quickly done. "The rocket's too close to its target. I can't stop it from here."

"Chase, can't you slow it down with your molecular kinesis?" Bree asked.

"Not something that big traveling that fast." Maddie answered as she was deep in thought.

"It's only three minutes from its target. We have to evacuate that school. Adam, Bree, go!" Mr. Davenport commanded.

"Is too much to ask for a please?" Adam asked.

"Just go!!" Maddie yelled.

"Come on." Bree grabbed Adam and sped off.

"You think they can do it?" I asked.

"They're our only hope." Mr. Davenport said.

"Bree can figure things out. It's Adam I'm not so sure about." Maddie said.

We watched from the satellite camera in the lab as Adam picked up a red car and threw it at the rocket.

"Huh. That looks like my new car. That is my new car!" The car flew straight towards the rocket and caused an explosion when colliding with the rocket.

"Yes!" We shouted in relief.

"No!" Perry mourned the loss of her car.

Davenport House (Chase's POV)-

"So was the meeting really that bad?" Maddie and I decided to hangout and watch movies on the couch that night since we missed our date.

"I have no idea how Davenport meets with those guys every couple months. They want to start selling more weapons and make more government contracts." She groaned from her place beside me.

"Well it's good that Davenport trusts you more than those guys." I watched as her eyes started to close as she drifted off to sleep. I placed a kiss on her forehead and she leaned down against my leg.

Man am I the luckiest man alive. 

A/N: Sorry for posting so late. I promise more stuff is coming. I would love to hear any Ideas you guys have for the story and please keep reading and voting!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 165 16
Harper, now bionic, needs to learn to control her new abilities as a student at the bionic academy, she will count on the help of the entire team to...
13.3K 490 29
"It's not your fault I ruin everything, And it's not your fault I can't be what you need, Baby, Angels Like you can't fly down here with me" ...
81K 1.5K 17
Y/N moves to the bionic island from England when she discovers her abilities. She instantly clicks with Adam, Bree and Chase but one in particular. ...
34.4K 603 33
There have been multiple break-ins' from multiple army bases over the span of a few weeks, teaching at the Bionic school has been put on hold as the...