RWBBY 10

By Logan_Is_Elsewhere

Remnant a world full of magic and monsters. But what happens when a certain shape-shifting alien hero drops i... More

Chp.1 In Remnant There Was 10
Chp. 2 The Shining Beacon Part 1
Chp. 3 The Shining Beacon Part 2
Chp. 4 The First Step Part 1
Chp. 5 The First Step Part 2
Chp. 6 The Emerald Forest Part 1
Chp. 7 The Emerald Forest Part 2
Chp. 8 Players and Pieces
Chp. 9 The Badge and The Burden Part 1
Chp. 10 The Badge and The Burden Part 2
Chp. 11 Jaunedice Part 1
Chp. 13 Forever Fall Part 1
Chp. 14 Forever Fall Part 2
Chp. 15 The Stray
Chp. 16 Black and White
Chp. 17 Best Day Ever
Chp. 18 Welcome to Beacon
Chp. 19 A Minor Hiccup
Chp. 20 Painting The Town...

Chp. 12 Jaunedice Part 2

1.9K 22 3
By Logan_Is_Elsewhere

Jaune is currently sleeping with his head resting in his hands, While Professor Bartholomew Oobleck is is the middle  of his hyperactive lecture, as He educates Weiss, Ben, Blake, Velvet, Jaune and Cardin. Ben tries to awaken his sleeping  friend so he doesn't get in trouble in class.

Ben: Psst! Jaune! Wake up!

Oobleck: Yes! Yes, prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution--more popularly known as the Faunus War-- humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie.

He points at the map of said-area with his stick, then zooms off to the side for a sip of his coffee before appearing in front of the desk.

Oobleck: Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?

Some of the other students including Velvet raise their hands.

Oobleck: Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence! I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to White Fang!
Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorize to be the turning point in the third year of the War? Yes?

Weiss: The battle at Fort Castle!

Oobleck: Precisely! And, who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?

Unseen by the professor, Cardin flicks a paper football at Jaune's head, causing him to wake up.

Jaune: Hey!

Oobleck: Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?

Jaune: Uhhhh... The answer... The advantage... that the Faunus... had over that guy's stuff... Uhh... Binoculars!

While Jaune looks pleased with his answer, the class laughs at him and Oobleck sips his coffee. Pyrrha sighs and slaps a hand to her forehead as Cardin pounds his fist on his desk while chuckling.

Oobleck: Very funny, Mr. Arc! Cardin! Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject!

Cardin: Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier.

Pyrrha: You're not the most open-minded of individuals, are you, Cardin?

Cardin: What? You got a problem?

Pyrrha: No, I have the answer! It's night vision. Many Faunus are known to have nearly-perfect sight in the dark.

Blake: General Lagune was inexperienced, and made the mistake of trying to ambush the Faunus in their sleep. His massive army was outmatched, and the general was captured. Perhaps if he'd paid attention in class, he wouldn't have been remembered as such a failure.

Ben blows a raspberry at Cardin to his friends response as at taunt. Cardin gets out of his seat with his fist clenched in anger.

Oobleck: Mr. Winchester! Please take your seat. You and Mr. Arc can both see me after class for additional readings.

Jaune: Oohhhh...

Oobleck: Now! Moving on!
-------------------------------------------------
When the lesson ends, Pyrrha, Nora, Ren come out of the classroom, only for Pyrrha to stop near the doorway.

Pyrrha: You go on ahead. I'll wait for Jaune.

Oobleck: You two have been struggling in my class since day one! Now, I don't know if it's a lack of interest, or just your stubborn nature, but whatever it is... It stops now! You've worked hard to gain entrance to this school, and we only accept the best of the best, so I expect you to act like it. History is important, gentlemen! If you can't learn from it... you're destined to repeat it. Pages fifty-one to ninety-one! I want an essay on my desk by next class! Now! Run along.

Professor Oobleck zooms past as Pyrrha waits for Jaune. He exits the class only to be shoved the ground by Cardin.

Pyrrha: You know, I really will break his legs.

Jaune sighs, Pyrrha is struck with inspiration.

Pyrrha: I have an idea! Here, come with me!

She drags Jaune by the arm, Jaune confused about what's happening as Pyrrha drags him down the corridor.

Ben looks upon his friends as the head off.

Ben: Wonder where they are going? I should check on Jaune. But I  don't want to barge in. So... I'll sneak in.

Ben activates the Omnitrix transforming himself into chained up ghost-like alien.

Ghostfreak: Ghostfreak!

Ben turns himself invisible and  phases through the ceiling.
-------------------------------------------------
A dejected Jaune and Pyrrha come onto a rooftop of one of the buildings, with a clear view of the glowing green orbs in the central tower of Beacon.

Ben watching his friends from a safe distance still invisible.

Jaune: Pyrrha, I know I'm going through a hard time right now, but I'm not that depressed. I can always be a farmer or something...

The realization finally hitting Pyrrha filling her with horror.

Pyrrha: N-n-no! That's not why I brought you up here!

Little did they know Cardin was also spying on them as well.

Pyrrha: Jaune, I know you're having a difficult time in class and that you're still not the strongest of fighters, so... I want to help you!

Jaune: Wh-what?

Pyrrha: We can train up here after class where no one can bother us!

Jaune: You think I need help?

Pyrrha: N-no! No, that's not what I meant.

Jaune: But you just said it.

Pyrrha: Jaune, everybody needs a little push from time to time. It doesn't make you any different from the rest of us. You made it to Beacon! That speaks volumes of what you're capable of!

Jaune: You're wrong. I-I don't belong here.

Pyrrha: That's a terrible thing to say! Of course you do!

Jaune: No, I don't! I wasn't really accepted into Beacon...

Pyrrha: Wh-what do you mean?

Jaune: I mean I didn't go to combat school, I didn't pass any tests. I didn't earn my spot at this Academy! I lied! I got my hands on some fake transcripts, and I lied!

Ghostfreak: Aw Jaune, Why?

Pyrrha: What? But... why?

Jaune: Cause this is always what I've wanted to be! My father, my grandfather, and his father before him were all warriors! They were all heroes! I wanted to be one, too. I was just never good enough.

Pyrrha: Then let me help you!

Jaune: I don't want help! I don't  want to be a damsel in distress! I want to be the hero!

Pyrrha: Jaune, I-

Jaune: I'm tired of being the lovable idiot, stuck in the tree while his friends fight for their lives! Don't you understand? If I can't do this on my own... then what good am I?

Pyrrha attempts to reach out for his arm and console him, but he leans back from her touch.

Jaune: Just... leave me alone. Okay?

Pyrrha: If that's what you think is best...

She walks away, her footsteps getting softer and softer until she leaves the roof. As she approaches the hall an invisible Ben hovers above, but the Omnitrix begins to lose energy from staying invisible for too long, it times out causing Ben to fall onto the floor behind Pyrrha. She turns around see Ben after hearing him collide with the floor.

Pyrrha: Ben? Were you eavesdropping on me and Jaune's conversation?

Ben: Yes! I'm sorry I just wanted to make sure he was okay.

Pyrrha: He just needs some time  that's all. He'll figure it out.

Ben: Yeah I hope so.

Jaune still on the roof paces a little until he hears a mocking laugh and Cardin appears on the roof from his window.

Cardin: Oh, Jaune...

Jaune: Cardin!

Cardin: couldn't help but overhear you two from my dorm room. So, you snuck into Beacon, huh? I gotta say, Jaune, I never expected you to be such a rebel!

Jaune: Please, Cardin, please, don't tell anyone!

Cardin: Jaune, come on! I'd never rat on a friend like that!

Jaune: A... a friend?

Cardin puts Jaune into a headlock, Jaune trying to escape his grasp.

Cardin: Of course We're friends now, Jauney boy! And the way I see it, as long as you're there for me when I need you, we'll be friends for a long time.

Cardin releases grip on Jaune.

Cardin: That being said, I really don't have time to do those extra readings Dr. Oobleck gave us today. Think you could take care of that for me, buddy?

Jaune gets up and rubs his head giving a faint grin.

Cardin: That's what I thought. Don't worry, Jaune; your secret's safe with me.

Cardin drops back down to his room as Jaune rubs his neck in pain and begins to worry realizing the predicament he put himself in.
-------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112 0 8
Welcome to Remnant. A world ravaged by evil and monsters with the soul purpose to kill anyone or anything, but not all hope is lost, as a new generat...
1.4K 17 8
In the world of Remnant, the creatures called Grimm attack Humans and Faunus for as long as the world was born. However, another group of creatures c...
89.4K 1.3K 14
Remnant, a world full of fight. Humans vs Grimms, Humans vs Faunus, and even Humans fight themselves. Between all of those fight, stand one man. The...
113K 2K 24
Jaune had lost everything. His friends, loved ones, some of his family, but most importantly his dignity. He had tried to get himself killed in the e...