Because → jacob black, twilig...

By RavenDiaries

BECAUSE ━ ❝Because nobody's ever loved anybody as much as I love you.❞ Based on Twilight Saga Jacob Black × F... More

BECAUSE
GRAPHIC GALLERY
EPIGRAPH
𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑰
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑰𝑰
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑰𝑰𝑰
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
A/N

Chapter 31

6K 165 47
By RavenDiaries

Act III
Chapter 31 ━━ The Stranger

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Looking at the mirror, Shelley gets herself ready and smiles at her reflection. But instead smiling, she frowns at the sight of the hickey on her neck which Jacob gave her during his last visit that happened to be last night. She opens her desk drawer and pulls out her concealer to find it empty. 

She swears she's going to kill that wolf boy and frame his head in her living room. She doesn't think Charlie would mind at all. Throwing the empty concealer into the dustbin, she closes the drawer angrily. 

Covering the hickey with her long blonde hair without bothering to check her appearance twice, the blonde tosses her bag over her shoulders and walks down the stairs. Her frown deepens as she enters the living room to see Charlie asleep on the couch. He's still in uniform from yesterday, a case file spread out, some of it resting on his chest. 

Charlie is working hard to find a corner of the daily increasing serial murders in the town. She notices a file case with a photo of a familiar face lying within Charlie's files. 

Intrigued, Shelley picks up the photo to have a better look. She gasps in disbelief as she realises who the person is. 

"This kid Riley Biers, disappeared over days ago. Before he went missing, he was last seen in settle." Charlie's groggy voice makes her take her eyes to him. 

"You think he's dead?" She asks. 

"I don't know." He sighs, sitting on the couch. "His poor parents have been papering Seattle with these things ever since." 

"You think they should just give up?" 

"I wouldn't. If it were you or Bella… Not ever." Then he unexpectedly wraps an arm around her waist, pulling her close. 

She hugs him back instantly. "You know that you're the best dad, right?" 

After a moment, he releases her, rising to cover his emotionality. "I know." He smiles but it fades as his eyes set on the red mark on her neck. "What's that?" 

"What's what?" She asks nervously, covering her neck with her hair. 

"Is that a love bite?" 

She's officially dead. 

"Jesus, dad! It's a… rash." Shelley exclaims in a panic, throwing her hands in the air, dramatically. "Did you eat breakfast yet?" 

"Um… no… I haven't." He shakes his head, finally letting go of the subject. "So, one large pizza, extra cheese?" 

The blonde hears a car honk outside. Knowing it's Esdras, she pouts. "Dad, it's already late for school. I'm sorry." 

"I get it." Charlie smiles. "Get something for breakfast." 

"I will." She kisses his cheek before grabbing her stuff and walking to the front door. "See you later." 

"Yeah." 

Esdras pulls his BMW into the school parking spot and turns to the blonde. "Welcome back to high school." 

She slides down in her seat, groaning in displeasure. "Don't remind me." 

Esdras strokes her cheek, comforting her. "It's not that bad, you know?" 

"Says the guy who has the best grades." She says, whining in the process. 

He chuckles, but his expression turns hard as he notices her so-called 'rash'. "Is that-" 

"A hickey? Yes." The blonde sighs, not wanting to start a fight early in the morning. "Please don't start." 

He offers her a glare in response, then abruptly looks up, stiffens. Hearing something. 

"What?"

"If I asked you to stay in the car, would you?" 

She looks at him, concerned, then pulls open her door. 

"Of course not." He mutters under his breath. 

Esdras and Shelley emerge from the black BMW to see Jacob climb off his motorcycle and striding towards them. 

"Jake!" She jumps into his arms, with a sudden enthusiasm at the sight of him. What is wrong with her? She really doesn't know. 

Jacob immediately wraps his arms around her, pulling her into a giant hug, squeezing the life out of her. "I missed you." 

"Me too." 

Instead of kissing her on the lips, he decides to place a kiss on her neck, right on the mark he imprinted on her neck. 

The blonde shivers in response which leads to a wide smirk on Jacob's face. Sometimes she really hates the effect he has on her. "Jake, we're in public." 

"So what? Everyone should know that you're mine." He says, his gaze moving to the Cullen twin, who is still in his spot, face scrunched up in disgust. "Isn't it, Esdras?" 

Esdras rolls his eyes, indicating his watch. "I have a class to attend. Just jump to the point." 

Jacob concentrates on something, and suddenly Esdras seems to be distressed. "I'm coming here to warn you. If your kind come on our land again…" 

"Wait, what?" Shelley asks, taking interest in the subject. 

Jacob turns to the vampire. "You didn't tell her?" 

"Just leave it alone, Jacob." Esdras says in a calm tone. 

"Tell me what?" She questions again, wanting to know more. 

"Emmett and Paul had a misunderstanding, there is nothing to worry about." Esdras says in a bored tone, but knowing him for so long gives her a good knowledge to read him to a certain extent. 

"There's more. Isn't there?" She asks him, demanding answers. 

"Leah imprinted on Emmett last night." Jacob blurts out. 

"What?! That is cool!" The blonde chirps in a high pitched voice gaining the attention of students around them. 

"You should leave." Esdras says to Jacob, his calmness dancing on a thread. "Now." 

Enjoying this, Jacob throws his hands up in the air in defence. A smug is slapped on his face. "I'll leave." 

Esdras narrows his with a cold glare at Jacob. If looks could kill someone, the wolf kid is already underground, resting in peace. 

"We should really go inside, Jake. It's already late." Shelley places her hand on Jacob's shoulder. 

"Stay safe, Shells." Jacob pecks her lips before jumping into his motorcycle and leaving the school grounds. 

The blonde turns to Esdras with a serious face. "Why didn't you tell me?" 

He simply shrugs. "You have enough on your plate. There's no need to stress." 

The day goes at the speed of light until Esdras drops the blonde back at her house, after school.

"You wanna go in?" She asks Esdras, unbuckling her seatbelt. 

"Sure." He offers a sweet smile. 

They come in the front door. The living room is empty and quiet. Eerily so. Charlie's not at home. 

"You know? Sometimes your house gives me haunted vibes-" Abruptly he stops. Inhales. His face alarmed. 

"I know, I smell like sweat. I'm sorry." She apologises and turns to leave for a shower. But Esdras grabs her arm, halting her. 

"No, no. Something's wrong." 

He moves into the living room. Darts throughout the first floor, checking it. 

Shelley notices the photo of Riley whose face has been scratched out. Placing it back on the table, she turns only to startle as she sees Esdras standing next to her with the same alarming face. "What? What is it?" 

"Stay here." He says and bolts upstairs. 

Shelley hurries after him and enters to find Esdras holding the dreamcatcher. "Ezra, what's wrong?" 

"Someone's been in here." He says, looking around for a sign of the intruder. 

Her eyes set on the slightly open desk drawer to notice a small piece of paper with bold, black cursive letters scribbled on it. It is placed on the pictures of Riley and herself, which are scattered all over the drawer. Esdras is right next to her in a flash as she takes the note and silently reads it out. 

My sweet Shelley,

I'm quite surprised that you still hold into our memories. We'll soon meet and I'm counting the days to finally have you back. 

Truly yours,

R.B. 

Esdras grabs the note from her, his eyes moving within the words one after the other carefully before he looks up at her. "Who the hell is R.B.?" 

The blonde takes a huge amount of oxygen into her system and takes the courage to reply to his question. "Riley Biers. My ex-boyfriend."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.2K 1.1K 19
. She was powerful, Not because she wasn't scared But because she went on so strongly D...
76K 1.2K 21
OC x Jacob Black (temporary Edward Cullen) . 2019
326K 7.9K 15
"I fell in love with you because you loved me when I couldn't love myself." Book 1 |Twilight|
687K 21.7K 41
"I don't love you, Jacob. I love Paul, this imprint, this twisted, predestined fate made for us to be together isn't going to change my feelings for...