His Older Substitute Bride

By fissayo

"what did you say?" i asked Maya chachi. "poonam ran away" she said as tears flow freely from her eyes. *****... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
VOTE
CHARACTER CAST.
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY INDIA
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO NIGERIA
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Merry Christmas🎄🎄🎅💝
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Not An Update
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Happy Independence Day India 🇮🇳
ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛ ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜ
Chapter Nineteen
Important.
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Not an update

Chapter Seven

3.9K 125 3
By fissayo

Sadhil's POV

Hell! What have I done?

Today is going really bad, first, I lost a really important business deal that I have been preparing for, for weeks. I left the office early and went home.

I was angry and frustrated, but mostly angry at myself, and roughly drove into the drive in, I don't know how I got home so fast. I walked into the house and to the place where I can drown myself into work and make me forget my anger.

I opened the door with force, that's when I saw her, but instead of my brain to think properly, I just walked up to her and grabbed her hand tightly, blurting out hurtful words.

"what are you doing here?" i yelled making her jump in fear before I continued, "answer me, who gave you the right to come here? if you think you have rights over my things then let me tell you, you have no rights over me and my things. Girls like you jump at the slightest opportunity you get to entice rich men, I'm sure you are just like your sister, after achieving your motives you run away, i don't know why girls are always after rich men and their money." i said in a cold tone.

"you are right, i don't have any right over you and your things and you also don't have any right to talk about my sister or about me and about money, I have a job and I have enough money to take care of myself, i don't have to rely on anyone to fend for myself, I don't need anyone's money to take care of myself and by the way it's not like I was interested in marrying you, just like you were forced to marry me, I was also forced to marry you, to save my family's reputation i got married to someone younger than me, to a man who think so low of women. I was so stupid to think that i could give this marriage a chance, but what can I expect from a loveless marriage, I wouldn't have agreed to marry you if I had known you were this egoistic and arrogant. no wonder poonam ran away, she must have figured out who you truly are. Anyway I'm leaving, i am going to send you divorce papers" she said releasing her hand from my tight grip and walked out.

"fuck!" i muttered while hitting my fist on the wall.

I thought of going after her, but my mind isn't in its right frame so I stayed back. I shouldn't have said all the nonsense I said earlier, she's right, she is a model and I'm sure she is financially okay, so stupid of me to compare her to poonam.

I called my private detective and told him to track her phone but unfortunately I don't have her number, so I had to ask her aunt and I was forced to tell her what happened, she said when I get through to anwita, I should inform her.

The private detective couldn't track her number, i guessed her phone is switched off. But then, he came up with an idea of how we can get her to come over to my company, and I told him to give it a try.

And it worked.

Anwita and Eshana both came to my office, the receptionist had informed me through intercom about them and asking for permission to allow them see me.

I was so glad.

"what the fuck is he doing here?" Anwita asked eshana, she looked clearly anger.

"I don't know, ask him he's your husband" eshana said and she glared at me.

Oh God!

"Eshana, cancel this contract, i don't want to work with someone like him" she said and proceeded to walk out of my office when I swiftly stood up from my chair and grabbed her wrist, she turned around and faced me.

"I'll leave you both to talk" Eshana said and went out of my cabin.

"Anwita please, hear me out" I said.

"really? And why should I?" she asked.

"I am really sorry for what happened that day, I was not myself that day, i was stressed and had just lost a very important business deal.... " I said but she cut me off.

"and you decided to vent out your frustration at me?" she said.

"Anwita, I know what I did was uncalled for, please forgive me and give our marriage a chance, if not for me or yourself but for our family" Sadhil said and I nodded I'm just doing this for my family and not for any body else.

"does dad know i left your house?" she asked.

"no, but aunty does" I replied.

"shit! I'm dead meat" she muttered.

"I wouldn't be home today, I need to get my things from Eshana's apartment so by noon tomorrow, I should be home." she said leaving my cabin.

I finished all my work for the day and decided to go home.

When I got to the parking lot, I received a call from Anwita's aunty.

"Hello aunty" I said.

"hello beta, any news about Anwita" she asked.

"yes, I saw her today" I said and explained all that happened when we met.

"that girl, I'm going to pull her ears, every couple in the world have problems, but they don't run away from their problems but instead they solve the problem by facing it. I called to invite you over for dinner and also bring Anwita along, your parents will also be coming."

"okay aunty"

"okay beta, talk to you later"

"Bye aunty" I said and hung up.

I got into my car and drove home, these past few days has been really hectic for me, today is the first day in three days that I am leaving the office early, I had been so bothered thinking about how Anwita would be fairing and where she could be.

I know she is an adult and very much capable of taking care of herself, it's just that she has lived most of her life in America and rarely visited India. All these information, I got them from poonam.

I got home parked the car and went inside. The caretaker of the house is still around because the door wasn't locked, she must have unlocked it when she heard me pull into the garage.

I went upstairs to my room, dropped my blazer on the bed.

I walked into my walk in closet and took out my clothes to change into. I walked into the washroom for a relaxing shower, after the shower, I called my PA to cancel all my appointments. I want to be around when Anwita comes tomorrow so I can clear out all our misunderstandings.

Taking out my laptop, I drowned my self in work, after a few hours, I slept.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next morning.

I woke up very late, I checked the time, it's almost noon, Anwita will soon be here. I went to freshen up and made a quick brunch. After eating, I sat to watch a cricket match when the door opened Anwita came in dragging her bag behind her and muttering something inaudible.

"What happened" I asked her when she sat on the couch.

"like you care" she replied.

Clearly, she is still angry and her current mood isn't helping matters.

"look, I know you are still mad at me for what happened the other day, but I am sorry for what I did, I cannot take back all i said that day but I can apologize for all I said and I at least deserve a second chance" i said.

"really?" she said as if unsure.

"Yes" I replied.

"well, I guess I can forgive you" she said.

"can we be friends?" I asked.

"okay, that was too soon, but I guess you are not too bad to have as a friend, so friends" she said. We sealed the deal with a handshake.

"and our relationship, can we give it a second chance?" I asked and she nodded.

"poonam?" she asked and looked away.

"If you are still in love with poonam, it's okay, we can get divorced and you can marry poonam when she returns" she said and stood up to go to leave, but I held her wrist and pulled her back, making her face me.

"Poonam, was a part of my past, she is your sister and you must love her a lot, she left me and now, I have you"

"what if she comes back?"

"if she does come back, she has no chance of being with me, she was meant to be a part of my life, but she blew it off, she left me at the wedding alter. "

"what if we all are seeing it from a different angle, and whatever we thought wasn't actually true?" she asked.

"Whatever may be the reason, it will not change the fact that I am married to you and probably will still be married to you for the rest of my life, irrespective of the age difference between us" I said.

"what if..." she tried to say but I cut her off.

"No more what ifs, let's get your things to the room"

"will we be staying in the same room?" she asked.

"yeah, of course, We are married right, and how do you want our relationship to work if we don't stay in the same room, I won't make you uncomfortable, you will be sleeping on the bed and I on the couch just like before you know..." I said as we move to the room.

"Won't you be uncomfortable on the couch, you can take the bed and I'll take the couch, I don't want to inconvenient you in your own room, or maybe you can give me any of the rooms available here" she said.

"No can't do"

"Why"

"aunty invited us over for dinner tonight, mom and dad will also be coming over, and they will be staying here over night, except you want another lecture from mom after the one you will receive from aunty tonight, you can have any of the rooms here" I said.

"oh shit, my ears" she said holding her ears and I laughed.

"hey, don't laugh, this is all your fault" she pouted.

"I don't know what I should be sad for, the long lectures or the painful pulling she will give my ears" she said.

After a long time talking, we went to get ready for the dinner at her house
I was in a blue suit and Anwita in a yellow sari, well she said she was compelled to wear a sari to avoid aunty giving her the lecture on how a good wife should dress.
(I'm sorry there are no pictures)

"you look beautiful" I said and she blushed. "I think aunty is right, you should wear Sari more often" I added and she gave me a death glare.

"will you be the one to drape it for me, do you know how difficult it is to drape a sari" she said.

"I don't, so let's just end this topic here or else we won't reach on time" I said and she nodded in agreement.

Through out the ride to her house, she was quiet and she kept fidgeting with her fingers, the Anwita I spoke with the past few hours loves talking, she doesn't like being quiet, well she did most of the talking and I was just listening, she is so friendly.

I pulled into the driveway, and parked the car.

"I'm really nervous, dad, chachi, chachu, mumma and papa, will all be so disappointed, I don't know how I will face them." she said.

"they are your family, I'm sure they will understand, but now we have to go inside or else we will be scolded for being late" I said and we both got out of the car and walked to the door.

I rang the doorbell and few seconds later aunty opened the door while Anwita hid behind me.

"hiding behind him won't do you any good just show yourself" aunty said in a stern voice and Anwita slowly stood beside me.

"come in both of you, we have a serious discussion to do" aunty said and we went in, everyone was present there.

"I know the circumstances you both got married wasn't the best, but you both need to learn to understand each other in order for your marriage to work" aunty said.

"Anwita, you must have been hurt by what my stupid son said" mom glared at me before she continued "but you should know that you always have me and whenever he says something like that again just give me a call and I will talk some sense into him, okay beta?"

"yes Mumma" anwita said and hugged mom.

"Dad?" Anwita called and went to him, "I'm sorry"

"Anu, I am very disappointed, you should have come here, instead of leaving the house and staying somewhere else, I was so worried about you because you don't really know anywhere here, we are your family, you can share your problems with us"

"dad, I'm sorry, I should have told you all but I couldn't think straight that day, i just did what ever my head told me to do. I'm really sorry" she said and hugged her father.

"Sadhil if anything like this should happen again, you won't be spared" papa threatened and every one agreed.

Anwita hugged uncle and aunty and we all had dinner, before heading home, true to my words, mom and dad stayed over at our house, before taking a flight to Delhi the next morning.

Hello guys. I'm really really sorry for the late update, I had writers block, and I got busy doing other stuff too.

Cringey chapter, I'm sorry for this, its just I suck at writing a guy's POV. Please bare with me.

Please, do vote and comment, it always keep me motivated to continue writing.

Stay safe and always wear a nose mask. Covid-19 is real.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

554K 14.3K 42
I looked at his eyes and put up a strong face. His eyes bore into mine as much as mine into his. It was like he could read my mind and reach out to m...
21.8K 1.2K 18
Vahi massom chehra Jo 2 saal pehle dekha tha Jo aaj bhi raat ko sone nahi deta. Vahi nili ankhe Jo 2 saalo pehle dekhi thi bilkul samundar ki t...
1.2M 41.5K 68
He was filled with ego, rudeness, and cruelty. Every girl throws themselves on him just for his looks and money, but there is only one girl in his li...
670K 23.9K 52
NOTE: Beware of grammatical mistakes " I married you but that doesn't mean that you can control my life". He growled in anger. I flinched at his hars...