Into the Vampire Diaries Univ...

By sarahwhit11

Imaging waking up and suddenly being in another universe, but one you know all too well. Join Sarah as she wa... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Sorry
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Important Question (Not a Chapter)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Characters/Powers/Etc
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 - Musical Falls
Chapter 23 - Musical Falls Part 2
Chapter 24 - Musical Falls Part 3
Chapter 25 - Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 26: Test Results and Unwelcome Guests
Chapter 27 - It's 1994 and I'll Cry If I Want To
Chapter 28 - Meanwhile with the Mikaelsons
Chapter 29 - Road Trips and Childhood Trauma
Chapter 30: Finding Adulthood

Chapter 19 - I've Got Friends On The Other Side

1.6K 74 72
By sarahwhit11

           Sarah and Henry were standing inside a huge circle of salt. Nik, Elijah, Kol were standing equally distanced around the outside of the circle. 

           "Ready when you are." Sarah said to Henry. 

           "Just remember, you have to call out to them for them to be able to interact with you. Also, they have to touch you in order to pass through you." Henry reminded her for the millionth time. 

           "I know, everything is going to be fine." 

           They held hands and started chanting. The wind picked up and started swirling around them. They kept chanting until Sarah disappeared. Now it was up to Sarah, but Henry had to stay inside the circle. 

*On The Other Side* 

           "It worked!" Sarah cheered excitedly, "Lexi! Sage! Finn! Get your asses out here, we're going home!" 

           "You called?" Lexi said as she appeared a few feet away from Sarah. 

           "Lexi!" 

           "That's me, what's up?" 

           "I'm here to bring you back." 

           "Why?" 

           "I can explain everything later, but basically I'm bringing you back because you didn't deserve to die in the first place. Also because Steffie is one of my best friends and I want him to be happy." 

           "Cool. How does this work."

           "Just touch my shoulder and you should pass through me and back to the land of the living." 

           Lexi put her right hand on Sarah's left shoulder and passed through her. 

           "1 down...two to go." She said to herself before yelling, "Finn! Sage!" 

           "What do you want?" Sage asked when she appeared. 

           "I'm here to bring you ba..."

           "Yeah, I heard you talking to the other girl. What do you want with me?" Sage interrupted. 

           "I want you to come back. It's that simple." 

           "Why should I li..." 

           "I'm here to bring Finn back too." Sarah cut her off, not feeling like arguing. 

           "Why didn't you start with that?!?" Sage exclaimed as she touched Sarah's shoulder and passed through her. 

           "Okay...1 left." Sarah started yelling for Finn again. "Finn!" 

           Silence.

           "FINN!" 

           Silence again.

           "FINN MIKAELSON, GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE RIGHT NOW!" 

           "I'm not coming." Finn spoke as he finally appeared. 

           "Why not? Sage went back, you can be together again." 

           "I never wanted to be a vampire. Why would I choose to go back to a life as one? I don't want to be a killing machine..." he paused, "a monster." 

           "It's not the same now as it was when you first turned. You didn't get a real chance to experience the 21st century before you got killed, but you don't have to hurt people just to live anymore. You can drink from blood bags or even drink animal blood like Steffie." 

           "I'm still not sure." 

           Sarah sighed, she'd had a feeling that Finn was going to take some convincing, but she had a secret weapon. "Freya's alive." 

           Finn's head snapped up in surprise, "What?!?" 

           "Freya's still alive, she never died. Your psychotic mother lied. She traded her to your Aunt Dahlia in exchange for the ability to have children. Freya's still alive and I swear to you that I will help you get her back."

           "Okay." Finn smiled, touched her shoulder, and passed through her. 

           Sarah was about to say the words to leave when she heard a soft voice behind her. 

           "Can I come back too?" 

           She spun around to find a young boy standing there. He looked to be about 14 and was dressed in Viking Era clothes. It took her a second before she realized who it was. "Henrik? But how? You were human when you died. You shouldn't be here." 

           "I started practicing magic without telling anyone, I'm a witch." 

            "You are absolutely coming back with me." 

           Henrik smiled and touched her shoulder. The second he passed through her, she said the exit words and reappeared in the world the same time Henrik appeared. She immediately pulled him into a hug as he started to cry. He'd dreamed of being alive again but never thought it would happen. Everyone who was helping Lexi, Finn, and Sage stopped when they heard crying. Henry had said the final words of the spell, so it was safe for them to enter the circle. 

           "Who's Sarah hugging?" Caroline asked.

           "No idea, I only signed up for three not-so-dead people." Kol replied. 

           "Let's go find out." Bekah said and they started walking towards Sarah. They couldn't see Henrik, he was blocked by Sarah's body. 

           "Who is that?" Elijah questioned when they were about 10 feet away. 

           "A stowaway, perhaps?" Nik added. 

           "What's wrong, Nik? Are you so old that you don't recognize your own brother?" Sarah answered without turning around. 

           "Finn's already here, love." Nik smirked. 

           "Wrong brother." 

           "What do you mean, wrong brother? Our only other brother is..." 

           "Oh my god." Kol gasped as he realized who Sarah was hugging. 

           Bekah started to sob and Elijah teared up as he comforted her.

           "It's not possible." Finn breathed out, completely in shock. 

           "Oh...but it is." Sarah turned to reveal Henrik who was still crying. 

           Bekah was the first to move as she engulfed him in a hug. Kol quickly followed, as did Elijah and Finn. Nik stood to the side, still in shock, tears streaming down his face. He'd never stopped blaming himself for Henrik's death. Henrik pulled out of the hug and walked over to Nik. 

           "It wasn't your fault, Niklaus." Henrik said softly, "I never blamed you. Not once." 

           Nik broke down into sobs and Henrik hugged him. Their siblings joined them and hugged as a complete family for the first time in a thousand years. 

           "Sarah, get your ass over here." Bekah demanded from somewhere in the group hug. 

           "Okay...but first." Sarah smiled and took a picture of all of the siblings hugging. Then she bounced over and launched herself into the hug. 

           Everyone laughed and continued hugging before Henrik spoke up from the middle of the hug. "Can we get something to eat? I haven't eaten in a thousand years." 

           They laughed and went inside to get Henrik something to eat. Sarah called Stefan and told him it was safe to come home. Lexi was waiting for him in the driveway, leaning against his car. When he sped back with Ellie, she ran to where Sarah was waiting in the doorway. Sarah picked her up and watched Stefan and Lexi's epic reunion. Lexi and Stefan smiled at each other then met in a huge hug than ended with him spinning her around. 

           "I met your new best friend." Lexi teased. 

           "She's not...I didn't..." Stefan stumbled over his words. 

           "Relax, Steffie, she's just messing with you." Sarah laughed. 

           "Yeah, Stef, you're allowed to have more than one best friend." Lexi grinned, "Especially if they're as awesome as we are." 

           "That's true! Now let's go eat!" Sarah waved for them to follow her inside. 

           They all ate dinner together as one big, crazy family. Finn and Sage were whispering to each other about how to spend their new life together. Nik was doting on Caroline, not wanting her to do anything strenuous. Henry, Kol, and Lexi were teasing Stefan. Bekah and Sarah were giggling over the photos that they were secretly taking. Henrik was using his magic to make Ellie's food float into her mouth, making her bubble with laughter. Elijah sat at the head of the table watching his family interact with each other, pride and love in his eyes. Everyone was smiling and laughing, The whole family, together as one. 

           After dinner, everyone went to their rooms except Sarah and Henry. They fell asleep on the couch, too exhausted to walk upstairs. Everyone else agreed to let them sleep and went to bed. Unknown to anyone in the house, someone knew what they had done and was determined to find them. 

Sorry this chapter is so short, but a lot happened and I didn't want to overload the chapter. I'm working on the next one, but have a bit of writers block and haven't been able to get any writing done. Enjoy and let me know what you think!!! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 3.1K 46
𝐋𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞, A girl turned weapon, obtaining an insatiable desire of knowledge. Desperate to hold the worlds secrets in the palm of...
17.1K 408 30
One heart divided between two families. What was one Slayer supposed to do when she was being torn in two different directions? One that dragged her...
407K 8.7K 34
❝𝗪𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴❞ ✧ ೃ༄ 𝖶𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗍 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗐𝖾'𝗋𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝗍𝗁 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗎𝗉 𝖺𝗇𝖽...
666K 19.5K 33
Everly-Rose Thomas is an introvert, quiet and incredibly polite for her age. She has a pair of enchanting large blue eyes, and wavy light brown hair...