Zane Wilder

By whitemooonlight

*SLOWLY BEING EDITED* Zane had a special mission to accomplish. No one could find out that he's undercover. N... More

Author Note
Characters
Chapter 1: ɪᴍᴀɢᴇ
Chapter 2: ᴍɪssɪᴏɴ
Chapter 3: ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ
Chapter 4: ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀ
Chapter 5: ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ
Chapter 6: sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴜʀᴛ
Chapter 7: ɪᴅᴇɴᴛɪᴛʏ
Chapter 8: ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇs
Chapter 9: ʟɪᴀʀ
Chapter 10: ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs
Chapter 11: ᴛʀᴜsᴛ
Chapter 12: ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙᴇᴀᴛ
Chapter 13: ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙʀᴇᴀᴋ
Chapter 14: sʜᴏᴛ
Chapter 15: ʟᴏsᴇ ʜɪᴍ
Chapter 17: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ
Chapter 18: ʏᴏᴜ
Chapter 19: sᴛᴇᴘs
Chapter 20: ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴs
Chapter 21: ғᴏʀɢɪᴠᴇɴᴇss
Chapter 22: ᴋɪss
Chapter 23: ʀᴇʟᴀᴛᴇᴅ
Chapter 24: ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs
Chapter 25: sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ
Chapter 26: ʟᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴏᴜsᴇ
Chapter 27: ᴏᴠᴇʀᴡʜᴇʟᴍᴇᴅ
Chapter 28: ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʟɪᴇ
Chapter 29: ᴡʜᴏ ɪ ᴀᴍ
Chapter 30: ᴊᴜsᴛ ʏᴏᴜ
Chapter 31: ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ
Chapter 32: ɪʟʏ
Chapter 33: ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀᴍs
Chapter 34: sᴜʀᴘʀɪsᴇ
Chapter 35: ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ
ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴛᴇs
FUTURE PLANS

Chapter 16: ᴀᴡᴀᴋᴇ

3.5K 99 7
By whitemooonlight

Even the darkness we see is so beautiful

Please believe me

Looking only directly at you

So you don't go away

The gazing eyes are so colorful

You taught me

That someday the sadness

Will wind us together

"Your eyes tell": BTS

For the past two hours I've been looking at Zane like a stalker hoping he would wake up. The more I looked at his still body and all the wounds the sadder I felt.

I was tired, a few times I was about to fall asleep but woke up immediately. I was afraid that if I did, something might happen.

I also decided that if his brother allowed me, I would stay until he would wake up. I wanted to see him alive, talking and cursing like he always did.

"Hey Jessie, something happened. I'm not gonna come today. I'm not sure when I'll be able to or how many days it will take. Hopefully soon." I said when my cousin picked up the phone.

"Are you alright?" She asked, concerned.

"Yes, yes, it's not me. I'll tell you when we meet" I said hoping she would not ask further and fortunately she didn't.

"Sure, take care alright? You let me know" My cousin said.

We said our goodbyes and I went back to look at Zane.

The rush of emotions from last night were gone but I still felt uneasy. Worried that the danger was not gone and that something worse would happen.

Zane's phone rang and Owl's name appeared.

"Hey" I answered.

"Hey girl! I just got to the hospital but I'm not sure what room he's in. How can I identify you?" He said.

"Room 503. I'm wearing a black hoodie and blue jeans. I'm kind of short so it might be hard to spot me" I said jokingly.

"Then I'll just have to look closely," He said laughing.

I went outside the room and watched people pass the hall. Two tall men caught my attention. One of them waved at me holding his phone to his ear. That must be Zane's brother.

Looking at him I could see the similarities. He had brown hair and blue eyes. A built frame but somehow slimmer and shorter than Zane. He did look older than Zane, maybe just a few years older.

The other man was the same height as Zane's brother. He had blond hair and brown eyes. He looked a lot like a surfer boy. His big smile showed all his teeth.

Still none of them matched Zane.

What the hell Katherine? What are you thinking?

"Hey, you must be the 'friend' who called me," Zane's brother said, giving me a small smile and putting emphasis on the word friend.

"That would be me," I said and smiled shyly. They were a bit intimidating now that they were close. They were a lot taller than me but again anyone is taller than me.

"I'm Jake" Zane's brother held his hand for me to shake. I took it and replied "I'm Katherine".

At the mention of my name Jake and the other man exchanged looks and their eyes widened.

"You are that Katherine?" I looked at Jake confused. What did he mean?

"I'm not sure, there must be more women called Katherine" I shrugged.

"Katherine Willson?" The other man asked.

"How do you know my name?" I was shocked and somehow worried.

"Zane talked about you," Jake said, chuckling.

"He did? Why would he?" I was confused and flattered that Zane talked about me to his brother.

"I'm Kaden by the way" The other man said.

Then it struck me.

"Hold on, you said Zane!" I said, realizing that they used his real name. "What if I was not trustworthy?" I asked.

"Believe me Katherine, he would not call just anyone if he is close to death. Much less someone who he doesn't trust." Jake said.

"Well, yeah I mean we're friends, I guess he trusts me" I said, still unsure if Zane really trusted me with his life or it was a desperate thing.

"Friends...sure..."Kaden said smirking and Jake elbowed him. Strange. It must be an inside joke or whatever.

The three of us went inside and I explained to them how I found him. Both of them exchanged looks. There was definitely something else there but I knew it wasn't my place to ask.

"Jake, I want to ask you two things" I said and Jake gave me a curious look.

"You are now here and I know he's in good hands but I'd like if it's not a burden, to remain here until he wakes up." I said but my voice was smaller than I intended.

"Of course you can, actually, I'm sure he'll be more happy to see you when he wakes up than see me" Jake and Kaden laughed and I smiled unsure what to answer.

"Thank you" I said and he winked at me. It wasn't in a flirtatious way but rather a 'you're welcome'.

"As for my second question..." I began to say but I was unsure if it was my place or not to ask. "I'm sure it's not my place to ask and it's none of my business that's why please don't think I'm being nosy but I just want to know if Zane is in trouble. He said to not call the police and I didn't. Yet I'm worried that he might be into something dangerous." I said.

Both Jake and Kaden gave me a surprised look. Did I push too far?

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have as..." I began to say but Jake cut before I could finish.

"He's not in trouble but it's not our place to say it. If he didn't say it until now, he must have a reason. But no, he is not into any kind of trouble." Jake explained and I nodded.

At least I knew he wasn't in trouble. I didn't want to dig deeper as I was already planning to go and knowing things would only attach me more to him.

I stayed just to make sure he was alright. To have my closure. Right?

You stayed because you care Katherine. Shut up! I ignored the annoying voice in my head.

Spending time with Kaden and Jake was quite fun. Kaden loved to joke around and I could tell he did to lighten up the mood. To help us forget about the fact that Zane hasn't woken up even after one week.

I learned a lot about them. Kaden was 28 and Jake 31. They were both married and Jack has a daughter of two years. He said her name is Diana. He explained that he and Elena, his wife, named her after the princess because according to him she looked like a princess.

I smiled when he explained the story. I could imagine the little girl with her curly hair and her blue eyes. I mean Jake was an attractive man and I was sure Diana was beautiful.

Kaden explained that his wife Sofia was currently pregnant and I congratulated him. His eyes lit up when he talked about her and the baby. I could tell he cared a lot about them.

It must be nice to be loved like that by someone. To have someone that would talk with love in their eyes whenever they think about you or mention your name. A person to cherish you and love you even when you are not around. Someone proud and happy to have you in their lives. Yes, it must be nice.

But some of us are not that lucky. Maybe it's the consequence of our actions or the so-called destiny that deprives us from that kind of love.

I shook those thoughts away. I wasn't going to experience that so there was no use to long for it.

It was late in the night when the three of us received a shock. The heart machine began to sound louder and the monitor showed Zane's heart beat going slower.

Doctors and nurses came running inside the room and frantically moved around. "He's going into cardiac arrest" shouted one of the doctors.

I couldn't hear clearly and my heart beat so fast that I thought it would bust out. I was scared to death. His life was going in front of my eyes and I could do nothing.

Please, Zane, don't give up. Please! I pleaded in my head but I knew it was useless.

Both Jake and Kaden were as surprised and worried as I was. I didn't realize that I was shaking until Jake gave me a side hug. I wasn't sure if he was trying to reassure me or himself. Probably both of us.

After what seemed like forever his heart rate went back to normal and minutes later the three of us were left alone with Zane once again. The incident made it impossible for us to go back to sleep.

Three more days passed and at that point the three of us were exhausted. Sleeping on a chair was uncomfortable and almost impossible. We took turns to stay vigilant just in case.

When the boys were out, I would casually talk to Zane and explain random stories like I was telling one now. I knew he couldn't hear me but somehow it made me relax a bit.

"You know Zane, I found out that they are going to release a full Loki series. You should wake up if you don't want me to fall too much in love with him. Last time you said you took notes on how to make me look at you the same I look at him. You have to wake up and put it into practice and see if you took the right notes" I said. It didn't really make sense and I wasn't sure why I was saying this. At this point I guess I just wanted him to wake up.

I took one of his hands on mine and gave it a squeeze. A tear rolled down my cheek. It's been 10 days and despite not wanting to lose hope each day that passed it got more painful.

"If you don't wake up, I'm completely ditching you over Loki" I threatened him but the tone was pleading and desperate. I rested my forehead on the back of his hand and stayed like that for a while. Tears I didn't know I still had, were now falling down my cheeks.

I was startled when something touched my head. I jerked my head up and my eyes widened when I saw Zane's grey eyes looking back at me.

"I can't lose to him" I heard him say and I smiled now sobbing. He was alive. He was alright.

I jumped and before I knew what I was doing I was hugging him gently trying to not press on his wounds.

"If I knew I would receive such a gift I would have died a few more times" He said chuckling and I gave him a deadly glare.

"That's not funny, never joke about that!" I said my tone was serious.

"Alright, alright, don't get mad with me. I'm a poor patient here" He said smirking.

"Crap!" I said remembering Jake and Kaden. I stood up and grabbed my phone then dialed Jake's number.

"What are you doing Angel?" Zane asked furrowing his brows.

"Guys! Come right now, he's awake" I said excitedly when Jake picked up. I didn't wait for him to answer and hang up.

I turned towards Zane but the door opened showing a doctor and two nurses.

They asked Zane how he felt and explained to him that he was in a coma for 10 days.

"You are lucky Mr. Carter that your fiancé here brought you in time" The doctor said pointing at me.

Crap! Earth, please swallow me! I felt my whole face turn red and looked down at my feet. Gosh the embarrassment!

"So...fiancé" I heard Zane saying in an amused tone." I would have taken you on a date first and then from there go up but I see you skipped all of that. I'm not complaining though!" I looked at him and I felt my face turn even redder. The smile he was giving me made me feel like melting. His messed up hair made him look even more handsome.

"Well, I was in a desperate situation and I knew that if I said I was your friend or girlfriend they would not tell me about your condition because I was not family. I didn't think much about it and said fiancé" I said defending myself but my voice was small. Embarrassed, I looked down to my feet.

"Come here!" I heard him say.

I looked up at him and carefully approached his bed. I was unsure of what he wanted to do.

Once next to his bed I gave him a curious look. He gave me a Zane smile and then pulled me into a hug.

Before I could react, I was already pressed against his chest and his head was on my shoulder close to my neck. His warm breath was making me shiver.

What's wrong with my body?

"You came Angel" I heard him say against my shoulder. His voice was low and raspy but there was something else in it. Sadness?

"Of course I did," I said. Probably he doubted when he called me.

"Ahem!" I heard someone clear his throat and I jumped away from Zane. He looked hurt by my sudden movement.

"Friends my ass" I heard Kaden say while laughing and felt my cheeks blush.

Gosh, how many times have I embarrassed myself today?

"How are you two here?" I heard Zane say and he looked surprised, shocked even.

"See? I told you he would be happier to see you than us" Jake and Kaden laughed.

"Well, your 'friend' here" Kaden said, putting emphasis on the word friend" Contacted Jake and we were able to come to you".

Zane turned towards me and gave me a look I couldn't understand. Pride? Admiration? I'm sure I'm seeing something wrong.

"You are really something else, Angel" Zane said, shaking his head while smiling.

"Bro, am I seeing right? Is Zane Wilder, THE Zane Wilder I know, smiling?" Kaden asked with shock in his face.

I was confused. What's that supposed to mean?

"Shut the fuck up Kaden" Zane said giving him a deadly glare. I never saw that kind of expression on his face. Hard and emotionless but powerful and deadly at the same time.

"Angel," Zane said looking at me and his whole face softened. Wow now that's a complete 180 right there. "How did you manage to get to my brother and Kaden?" Zane asked.

"Well, I didn't make it easy for Jake, to which I'm sorry but you said to not call the police and I didn't know if the person Owl was trustworthy." I said shyly. I felt stupid now for the questions I asked Jake.

"You got yourself a loyal and smart one Zane" Jake said and I blushed.

"I know, I chose right!" Zane said and I blushed harder.

"You won't believe what she asked me. It looked like she worked for the FBI" Jake said laughing and I shrugged.

Jake explained to him what I said and Zane laughed hard the whole time. It was a nice sight. Somehow seeing him laugh made me smile.

"Angel, you never fail to surprise me" Zane shook his head, still laughing.

Zane turned at me and his face now serious.

"KatKat, it's time for you to know the truth. After what you did for me you more than deserve it." Zane said.

"Zane, you don't have to. I already told you that I won't ask" I reminded him. I meant it.

"I know, but you also said this to me 'if you want to tell me something, I'll listen no questions asked' so I want to use that now and tell you." He said and I nodded.

I'm not sure if I'm ready for the truth though, that will change everything...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 78.1K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...
390K 16.4K 26
She didn't reply and I felt her finger move across my skin, lower, and almost all the way down my lower back. A shiver coursed through my body, stran...
4.7K 658 21
"I'm a messed up girl." Sigh, peek through lashes, then "Most of the time I either overreact, or I don't react at all. There's a numb spot where my h...
232K 4.5K 47
"I love you" she says and kisses my jaw tenderly. "I love you too baby" I reply stroking her still damp hair. We were sat in a dirty McDonald's car p...