Ghosts ✔️

De SettleDown1D

A postwar fic where Harry barely speaks anymore, and no one understands him the way Draco Malfoy does. One ap... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Final Author's Note
Sequel
Completion!
Thank You / Other Works

Chapter 37

15.4K 623 417
De SettleDown1D

{I'm thinking I'll be wrapping this story up between chapters 50-60. If there's anything anyone wants to see happen in this story like a "date" idea or anything of that sort, feel free to drop it in the comments or send me a private message! I love hearing from all of my readers and I'm open to ideas!}

Harry never knew Draco could be so excited. It was refreshing seeing him without his patented Malfoy mask on, instead replaced with a glamour.

"I can't believe there are so many stores in one building", Draco said in awe, looking at the mall directory.

Needless to say, Harry kept Draco's hand in his at all times. They got a few looks, both positive and negative, but Harry wasn't afraid to glare back, and that kept people from approaching them. The last thing he needed was Draco getting angry and hexing half the mall.

"Where to first?", Draco asked excitedly.

"Wherever you want sweetheart."

Beaming, Draco started leading Harry down the corridor.

"What's Forever 21?"

Harry snickered, reminding all of the times Hermione brought him into the store. He loved to go with her, solely for the point of making fun of the horrible clothing choices.

"It's a clothing store, but it's so hard to find anything nice in there. Maybe one good thing out of a hundred."

"That sounds like a challenge."

A challenge it was. Draco joined Harry's game of making fun of the clothing soon enough.

"That shirt was cute, but why do I want to advertise my love of tacos?"

"My point exactly."

Draco refused to give up. Eventually, he found what he was looking for. A black crop top with red roses caught his eyes and he rushed to grab it when Harry's back was turned. He wouldn't show him just yet. That would be a surprise for another time.

It truly did seem to be the only nice thing in the store. Harry found nothing, as he expected, and waited where Draco insisted. All Harry did was give him the proper amount of money as sometimes Draco still struggled with the conversion between muggle money and wizard money.

Next, Draco insisted he wanted a pair of muggle boots like Harry had, so they went into the Timberland store. Draco felt satisfied with a pair of black boots that had a white and gray marble design on the padding surrounding the leg. Nothing beat dragonhide boots in his opinion. Harry had to agree, they were extremely well made, but not something that could casually be worn in the muggle world.

The next stop was Hot Topic so they could look for more shirts, but Draco stopped Harry in front of a Journey's. He had absolutely fallen in love with a pair of combat boots.

"Evan do you see those? In the window?"

"The black Docs with the roses?"

"Yes! I must have them."

"You need to break them in really carefully or they hurt", Harry warned.

"Beauty is pain darling. I want those boots."

Typically, Harry detested shopping. He had bad memories of being dragged places with the Dursleys and watching as Dudley received anything that he glanced at. Sometimes strangers would take pity on Harry and buy him things that he would hide in the bags he was forced to carry. Having to do the laundry as well, he had never been found out.

Draco was in his element though. Every store he walked into, he entered with an air of confidence Harry didn't think he would ever possess himself. They were immediately flocked by sales people everywhere they went. Draco always politely waved them off so that he could spend time with Harry instead.

Harry thought it was sweet that Draco wanted to spend so much time with him. Draco however, had an ulterior motive. He was coolly claiming his territory. The message was clear.

Draco was absolutely giddy with his purchase, brushing off any comments about wanting more "masculine" shoes. So what if he liked flowers? He could still beat someone up, he would just look hot doing it. Appearance was half the battle. Draco knew he had the skills to back up his talk anyway. Underestimating your opponent due to what they looked like was a fool's mistake.

Finally, they arrived at Hot Topic, Draco practically skipping inside, while Harry watched fondly with a stupid smile on his face.

"Hi, welcome to Hot Topic. Are you looking for anything in particular?"

Before Draco could respond, the girl cut him off with a squeal of "Evan!"

"Hello Zoe", he greeted with a smile.

"Is this your boyfriend?!"

"That I am. I'm Luke."

"You're wearing the matching shirts! Did you love your gifts? Happy belated birthday by the way."

"Thank you. Yes, I did. I spent a lot of my time with this one", Draco replied, wrapping his arms around Harry's neck.

"That's so sweet. He was here for hours shopping for you, you know."

"Zoe!", he hissed, embarrassed.

Draco pressed a soft kiss to Harry's check.

"He always has been the more considerate of the both of us."

Linking their hands again, Harry tugged him away.

"You're the best boyfriend ever", Draco said quietly. "You didn't have to go through all of that effort for me."

Draco's heart clenched. Maybe he needed to cut back on the flirting some, for his own sanity. He could believe that Harry actually was his boyfriend. This was a fantasy that should've stayed in year 3.

"Stop selling yourself short sweetheart. You deserve to be happy. I'm here to help you with that. Even it means having you dress me up like a doll", Harry teased.

"That's what I'm most excited for. You're going to look even better, I promise you that."

Draco shooed Harry away, who went to go find a pair of pants that would hold their own against Draco's. Zoe came up to Harry immediately.

"I have some new skinny jeans that would drive him crazy."

"Bring them on."

With a wicked grin, Zoe went off to grab pants that would help her new friend wow his boyfriend. This was the best part of the job. She knew they worked, at least they did on her girlfriend. Zoe had a very high success rate.

After Harry went off to try on the pants, Zoe then made her way over to Draco.

"I can point out some things he was looking at for himself last time he was here if you'd like?"

"Please do. His birthday is next month."

"God I love my job."

She spent her time flitting between the two men, and in Draco's case stowing away purchases of things she knew Harry had commented on potentially coming back for.

"Darling?", Draco called.

It felt weird calling him Evan, and he very well couldn't call him Scarhead. Darling it was.

"Yes Sweetheart?"

"Come here?"

Tilting his head in confusion, Harry met Draco in the jewelry section.

"This jewelry is completely tacky. We must get a matching set."

"We can afford something much nicer than this."

"Obviously I would never propose with something of such low quality. I think it's a rite of passage."

"What if we did pins? I think that could be cute."

Harry was thinking about leaving it pinned to his tie, if he did decide to go back to Hogwarts.

"That's very out of the box. I like it."

Needless to say that by the time they were done shopping, Zoe was getting a wonderful tip, even if it wasn't customary. She deserved it for putting up with them.

"Take care! Please come visit again. Even if it's just to see me", she added in a whisper.

With promises to come back soon, they walked out of the store. Draco could tell that Harry was ready to go home, so they cut the trip short with the promise of taking Harry shopping again and Draco treating him. They grabbed cinnamon pretzels on the way out, with Harry carrying most of the bags.

"My arms do work, you know."

"It's more weight training for me."

"You could carry me around then. I wouldn't mind", Draco teased.

"I'll keep that in mind."

After loading everything into the car, Harry opened the door for Draco.

"Why thank you."

"You are most certainly welcome."

They dropped their glamours once Harry pulled back onto the road. Draco fed Harry pretzel bites as he drove them back.

"You can clean my car after you get cinnamon everywhere."

"Deal."

The rest of the car ride was filled with Draco singing to Harry, Harry quietly joining along when he felt inclined to do so. The mood turned melancholic when Harry parked, a small smile on his face when Draco made a big deal of whipping out his wand and cleaning the inside of Harry's car.

"Do you want me to go back to yours with you and help with the bags?", Harry offered.

"That's a very kind offer, but I'm selfish. I probably won't let you leave. I can be very overbearing and clingy sometimes."

"I don't mind, but I see your point."

Harry pulled Draco into a tight hug, and kissed him on the cheek.

"I had a good time today. It's nice to go out with someone again."

"Pick me up any time darling. I'll wash your new clothes, and the next time I see you I expect a fashion show."

"And if I don't like the new clothes?"

"I picked them out. Of course you will."

Pressing a quick kiss to Harry's cheek, Draco was off back home with a grin.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

990K 31.1K 61
《 c o m p l e t e d 》 One late afternoon, after plotting with Pansy, Hermione and Ron decided to steal Harry's phone and change most of his contacts'...
98.5K 3.6K 29
Various Drarry one shots I come up with that don't fit in with the storylines of my full length Drarry books. Cover designed by @izzy_926 I don't ow...
18.3K 975 12
"Things haven't been quite the same There's a haze on the horizon, babe It's only been a couple of days and I miss you" Potionsmaster Draco Malfoy sw...
340K 14.9K 54
After the Second Wizarding War, Malfoy found himself alienated from the majority of the school; his old friends just irritated him, all of Hogwarts'...