〔Dawning Memories〕[Hibari Kyo...

By MizzGinger

Before he ruined a part of your life, you had to meet him first. This was how you met him, this was how it st... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Fun Facts
Side Story: Tea Time with Old Folks
Side Story: Another Rival
Side Story: Elderly Tales

Chapter 4

5.8K 172 10
By MizzGinger

"Two months and I'm doing great!" you mentioned to your grandpa as the both of you ate at a local restaurant. "I have a great group of friends. There's Tsuna who's so sweet like a cupcake, Gokudera who's hotheaded like a spicy taco, Yamamoto who's so laid back and optimistic like a--"

"I understand. Your friends are all food items," your grandpa chuckled as he picked at his meal.

You had many dishes in front of you, all to which belonged solely to you. "Ha ha, very funny... But I finally made good friends that'll last me."

"Don't compare your friends like your parents and acquaintances from your old school," he pointed his chop sticks at you, "I know that you've been abandoned a lot, but if you search hard enough, you'll find what you're looking for."

"I think I found it..." There was a hopeful tone in your voice.

"Then try to keep them. I don't want you to be lonely again."

"I'm never lonely, I have you, grandpa," you laughed as if it were obvious.

"So, any boys?" His lighthearted tone turned into a was serious one, but you didn't notice as you were consumed with the food in front of you.

"A lot of my friends are boys," you shrugged, stuffing your face with food, "Why?"

"Any boys?" he reiterated, a stern look in his face.

You chewed frantically and swallowed in order to answer him. "If you mean romantically, no. If I ever have a boyfriend, I would introduce him to you."

"Well, the dance for your school is coming up, and it says you need a date," he stated, "our neighbors were talking about it."

"I wanna go," you frowned.

"Then ask a young man.... or wait for a young man to ask," your grandpa advised.

"Do you think anyone will ask me?" you worriedly replied.

"Not with the way you're eating," he smiled, "and you haven't been in any fights recently, so how are you burning all those calories."

Your jaw dropped in realization. "Crap. Crap. You're right! I'm getting fat. I won't fit in my dresses."

"It's weeks from now, so start exercising and searching for a young man."

~~~~•••~~•

"Sooooo, do you have a date to the dance?" you randomly asked Tsuna during the homeroom break.

"W-what? Are you asking me to it?"

"Sort of," you shrugged, "I just want to go since I've never been to a dance before."

"You haven't done a lot of stuff," Tsuna noticed.

"Yeah, which is why I'm trying to take on any opportunity sent my way. Now, back to the question, are you going with someone?"

"I... already have someone I'm going with," he smiled apologetically.

"Haru basically forced herself," Gokudera grit his teeth.

"Do you want to go with me then?" you sighed.

"No. My sister is going," he huffed in anger, "She'll run off and leave me alone so I can protect him."

"Damn," you clicked your tongue, "What about you, Yamamoto?"

"I already have a date," he grinned, "some random girl asked me."

"Ryohei?--"

"He's taking his girlfriend," Tsuna added.

"What about your blonde friend?.. Dino?"

"He's in Italy now," Tsuna answered.

"Why do we need to bring a date?" you groaned defeatedly as you sunk in your desk.

Yamamoto laughed, ruffling your hair for comfort. "Don't worry, someone is bound to ask you out!" he reassured you.

"Yeah, but I'm running out of people to ask."

"There is one person you could ask and you just have to say this," he smirked, writing some instructions down on a sheet of paper (one that you swore was his homework for tomorrow).

One conversation led to another, and here you were in front of a certain room. You knocked a few times before slamming the door open. "I didn't say you could come in," you heard a familiar voice state.

"Sorry," you muttered as you walked towards one of the chairs, "I just need to ask something real quick, Hibari."

You didn't know that the disciplinary committee had such a lavishly styled room. You analyzed the whole room, taking note of all the furniture and features of it. You were surprised that the Namimori prefect had his own desk, one that he used as a foot rest as he relaxed in his plush chair. "Hn."

"Do you want to go to the dance with me?" you asked with a big, hopeful smile on your face.

There was an awkward silence that filled the room as he stared at you. "..... Herbivore, get out."

"I'm serious. I need a date and I really want to go--"

"No."

"Trust me. I'm not too fond of you either, and you don't have to go. I just need to put your name on this card."

"No," he firmly declined.

You glanced down at the instructions Yamamoto had written and began to read off of it. "Mukuro is coming and already has a date. Are you sure you want to lose to him again?" You didn't know who Mukuro was, but if it helped saying his name, you were in.

He debated on it as he looked outside the window. You waited patiently, praying he would at least say yes. "I won't be going."

"But I can put your name on my card?" you hesitantly asked.

"Do what you want. Get out." He didn't necessarily agree, but it was the closest thing you were going to get as a 'yes'. You had several encounters with him over the two months, mostly him smacking you with his weapons and chastising you for anything; he was never nice to you, but he had noticed you to a certain degree. How'd you know this? He actually made eye contact with you on several occasions when he passed you. So you considered him an acquaintance.

"Thanks, Hibari!" You bowed and left the room, making sure not to make too much noise on your way out. The last time you snuck up on him...you got hit.

Heading towards your homeroom, you bubbled with excitement. Not because you just found a date, but because you were going to your first dance. You had to share the news with somebody, but first you needed to drop off your form. You swiftly wrote your name and his onto the card and traveled to the student council office.

"Is...this a joke?" the president asked, refusing to place it into the pile.

"No, he seriously is my date," you defended.

"He wouldn't go-"

"He said I could put his name. Now, do you have to make this difficult or am I going to have to get Hibari in this?"

"... Fine," he shuddered, frightened of angering the difficult male.

You chuckled to yourself, thinking about how maybe you could use this guy's name as you guys were acquaintances now. 'I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind....'

"[Name]! Is it true?" you heard Kyoko call out as you were exiting the office. You watched as she and Haru came running towards you with worried looks.

"What?"

"That you asked Hibari Kyoya to the dance," Haru responded as she held your hand. You wondered how they found out, but then you remembered that Tsuna and the others were making a big deal about it; some were opposed while the others (which was only Yamamoto) were all for it. 

"Yup! And he said 'do what you want'. Isn't that great?" you smiled.

"Wow, you really are confident to pull something like that." Kyoko was in awe, "I guess love makes you do reckless things."

"Oh I'm not in love. I just wanted to go to the dance," you laughed.

"Really? I was thinking that this was going to turn out into a fairy tale. It's Hibari's first time getting asked out by a girl, and your first time at a dance. Magic happens and love blooms!" Haru dreamily stated, her eyes making little hearts.

"No. It's me having a great time with my friends."

"Right, well, I don't want to come back to say I told you so," Haru waggled her eyebrows.

"You won't. That's a demon, and I only go for nice guys," you stated, appalled at her theory.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

302K 8.1K 78
When the younger sister of Hibari Kyoya suddenly shows up one day, she is nothing like what Tsuna and the rest would've expected- bubbly, cheerful an...
100K 3.3K 12
Reborn reported that tsuna was always bullied by he's classmates at school to nono, so they planned to get revenge for their beloved decimo. Warning...
7K 146 5
Hibari Kyoya. The infamous leader of the Namimori Middle Disciplinary Committee. He was known for using his status to intimidate his peers, does not...
359K 14.6K 38
A 27 year old Sawada Tsunayoshi was there, living in his hell of being a boss, PAPERWORKS. But then, he started getting dizzy and Byakuran gave him h...