Stand In The Light (Soulmates...

By Grneyes0987

*THIS STORY HAS BEEN ENTERED IN THE 2021 WATTY AWARDS!* Soulmates... Everyone has one. Whether you feel the c... More

Characters
Playlist
Character Profile
Prologue
Just A Regular Day.. Or Not
The Battle Of New York
The Battle of New York Continued...
The Battle of New York Ends..
Return to Asgard
Arriving to Asgard..
Meeting properly Pt.1
Meeting properly Pt.2
New start...
The dance... (Revised)
Only love..
Just a casual fight...
Returned...
Soulmate...
Angry Father...
Back to the start..
Trying to move on...
Sokovia...
Worthy?....
Nightmares Again..
A Vision...
Sokovia Again...
Sakaar
Two Years...
You're Alive?!
A New Contender?
The Escape (Revised)
Powers Unleashed
Stranded with a Broken Heart Pt 1
Stranded with a Broken Heart Pt 2
Stranded with a Broken Heart Pt 3
Why is Gamora?
Fighting Back
The Loss
Hey Yall
Reality
Time in which you cannot turn back
There's a chance to turn back time...
He turned into a baby?! Melted Ice Cream...
A Positive Test Run
Snapping The Fingers Again
Whatever It Takes
Waiting for you to wake up
Dedication Page

Not giving in...

2.1K 72 9
By Grneyes0987

Jane, Thor and Zariah are walking along the grounds, wrapping their heads around the situation. "So, what's going to happen to me?" Jane asks. Thor turns to her as Zariah stepped a bit away from them watching the couple "I'll find a way to save you, Jane." Thor told her. Jane just shook her head "Your father said there..." Thor cut her off "My father doesn't know everything..." Before Zariah could speak up, Frigga and Loki walk in laughing a bit.

"Don't let him hear you say that." Frigga tells her as Loki walked up to Zariah kissing her forehead.

"Jane Foster, please meet Frigga, Queen of Asgard, my mother." Thor says. "And this is my brother, Loki..." Before Thor could finish, Jane walked up to Loki slapping him "This is for New York!" Zariah stood there dumbfound grabbing hold of Jane's arm stiffly "I would refrain from touching my soulmate, Jane. If you don't mind." She pushed Jane back a bit away from them. Loki just smiles and laughs a bit "Oh, I like her Thor."

Jane looks dumbfounded at Zariah and says "He's... your soulmate..." Zariah just nods. "Although that was well deserved..." She looked back at Loki then back to Jane "... He has made his mistakes, and was punished, and still is being punished, he's just allowed to be out on the grounds because of me." Frigga steps towards Jane with a bright smile "It's wonderful to meet you dear." Jane turns to the queen and smiles "Hi..."

Just in that moment they all hearing an alarm going off, Frigga looks to Thor "The prisons..." Thor nods and looks to his brother "I will need your help brother, this could be another chance to redeem yourself." Loki shook his head and stood close to Zariah "I will not leave her..." Zariah grabs his face with her hands and kisses him making him look dead into her eyes "Go help your brother... We will be fine... I will look after them both. Please." Loki looks down in contemplation and just nods at his love. "For you... and you better be safe... I will return as fast as I can..." He kisses her as he ran off with Thor towards the prisons, armed.

*Prisons*

They enter the fight with the prisoners. "It's as if they resent being imprisoned." Fandral says as he is taking out prisoners one by one. "There's no pleasing some creatures." Volstagg replied. As they continued to fight, Thor and Loki show up joining the fight. Everyone turns to them.

"Return to your cells and no further harm will come to you. You have my word." Thor spoke up. Suddenly, one of the prisoners punches him in the face. "Very well, you do not have my word." He says as he head butts the prisoner and starts fighting with the other prisoners along with Loki. "That was one way of a negotiation, brother."

Time skip

"Send a squadron to the weapons vault, defend it at all costs and seal the dungeon." Odin passing orders to his guards. Zariah, Frigga and Jane running towards him, Zariah armed with her sword of course. "Allfather!"

Odin turns to them "Frigga, Zariah." He turns back to the guards yelling at them "GO!" Zariah looks around at the chaos then back to Odin "It's a skirmish, nothing to fear." He tells Frigga as she grabbed his hand. "My love, you have never been a very good liar." she says.

He smiles a bit as they see Sif coming up to them "Frigga, take Jane to your chambers and stay there, I will come for you when it's safe." Frigga shakes her head; "I will fight with you. I have to make sure the healers are safe as well. I will take Sif with me."

Zariah speaks up "I will take her to my chambers, Allfather. I can defend myself. You know this." Odin reluctant at first, knowing if something happened to the goddess her father would not be happy, but nods: "Very well, engage only if you need to. They cannot get the Aether, Zariah." She nods as she grabs Jane's hand with her free one, leading her away. "Now listen to me, I need you to do everything I ask and no questions please," Jane nods at her as they head for safety. Zariah had a bad feeling.

*On the Bifrost Bridge*

Heimdall stood in his normal guarding post, he senses something foreign. He runs out onto the bridge and manages to jump onto one of Malekith's ships that was cloaked in invisibility, making it visible and just manages to crash it into the sea. But he senses another ship but larger behind him and it releases smaller ships to attack Asgard. Heimdall goes to activate a shield to protect Asgard but Algrim, Malekith's right hand, manages to deactivate it, sending a ship to crash into the palace.

*At the palace*

Malekith's ship has managed to crash into the palace, enough for him and Algrim along with dark elf soldier, attacking everyone in sight. He was on a mission to find the Aether and its host. He walks off searching. After this, Odin arrives with Thor and Loki and finds all the soldiers are killed, realizing what happened "Zariah...." He says as he looks at his son, her soulmate. Loki looks at him confused then realizes as the three go and search for her and Jane.

In Zariah's chambers, she is armed with her sword, ready for a fight but inside she was terrified and worried, wondering if Loki was safe. "I will protect you Jane..." She looks at the scared Midgardian.

Malekith finds where Zariah is hiding Jane and enters the room. Zariah steps forward with sword in hand, not showing any fear. "Stand down, creature. You may still survive this." She says as her free hand glowed purple. He takes note of this and grimly smiles "Ah, a light elf, and from what I sense, royalty as well." He says as he steps closer. She raises her blade at him "Stand down, I will end you." Malekith just laughs at her "I have survived worse, woman." He says.

Zariah looks at him questioning "Who are you?"

"I am Malekith, and I will have what is mine." He says. As he walks closer to Zariah, she strikes him in the face with her sword. He soon takes out his own blades and starts fighting with Zariah with Jane watching in terror. Zariah puts up a good fight, knowing that dark elves are light elves weaknesses. Her father warned her this. She quickly dodges his moves left and right avoiding his blade. She continued to fight until Algrim comes to Malekith's aiding and subdues her, knocking her sword from her hand. She fights back as best as she can, struggling under the arm of the elf.

*Pretend that's Zariah please. I am keeping Frigga alive!*

Malekith walks towards Jane reaching out towards her "You have taken something of mine, child. Give it back to me." Malekith stands in front of Jane and goes to grab her but she disappears. He realizes he was tricked; it was an illusion. He turns back to Zariah in anger, drawing his sword again "Witch!" he exclaimed. Zariah puts a proud face on knowing she tricked him, she would not give Jane up easily.

"WHERE IS THE AETHER?!" he yells at her. She simply smiles, knowing what's coming, deep down she was terrified, not for her life, but for Loki. "I'll never tell you. I won't submit." She spits back. "I believe you, princess." Malekith says. In that moment, Algrim stabs Zariah in the back, dropping her to the floor. 

And at the same time, Thor, Loki and Odin rush in and Thor shoots a lighting bolt at Malekith's face making it severely scarred. Malekith and Algrim escape and jump onto the ship before Thor could chase after them. Loki rushes over to Zariah holding her close to him "No! Zariah! Please open your eyes, love." His voice hoarse and terrified for his love.

She coughs up a bit and just smiles at him "Is she safe?" she says quietly almost like a whisper. Loki smiles sadly at her and nods "She's safe, you fool, why did you fight him?" Zariah coughs a bit more as she touches his face delicately "I would not honor my father if I did not fight. Malekith cannot have the Aether. I'll be oka...." She says as she dozes off a bit. "Zariah, no wake up please! Don't leave me!" Loki cries holding her closer not letting her go.

Odin, Thor and Jane look on as Frigga rushes into the room, immediately kneeling by Loki and Zariah. She says touching the injured goddess's face, checking her over "Loki, she's still alive. We need to take her to the healers. Come." Frigga's stands with Loki following suit picking Zariah up bridal-style following his mother. He stops a moment turning back to address his father "We have to end this..." and then turns to leave. 

1641 words

*Yeah i kept Frigga alive! I had to. That's my main bitch. Will Zariah survive? Will Asgard get another visitor in the next chapter? Stay tuned!*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 967 51
"So the stone wanted to link us together on purpose? Why?" Loki shakes his head. "There's no record of the stone ever doing anything like this before...
42.4K 1.1K 38
When she walked into the party; Celeste never to expect to meet her soulmate, the one with ocean blue eyes that haunt her dreams. But another haunts...
67.2K 2.5K 33
After a long day at work you make a wish and it's granted, causing you to be thrown into the MCU. You fumble your way through interactions with your...
134K 5.2K 30
She died, but now she's back. Her soulmate? The reason she died. Loki practically killed (y/n), but she's returned from the dead. Her past self was a...