𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒄𝒚

By vilalove09

"I know you all are not hard of hearing. If you heard your name, step out now!" The fact that the Principal d... More

ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ
ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs | ᴄᴀsᴛs 1
ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs | ᴄᴀsᴛ 2 ★ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪsᴛ
ᴏɴᴇ | ᴅᴜᴍʙ ᴘsʏᴄʜᴏᴘᴀᴛʜ
ᴏɴᴇ ʙ | ᴅᴜᴍʙ ᴘsʏᴄᴏᴘᴀᴛʜ
ᴛᴡᴏ | ʀɪᴄʜ ʙʀᴀᴛ
ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ | ᴄʜɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪᴊᴀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀᴏs
ғᴏᴜʀ | ᴛʜᴇ sᴇɴᴀᴛᴏʀ's ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ
ғɪᴠᴇ | ғ**ᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇᴅ ᴊɪᴅᴇɴɴᴀ
sɪx | ʙᴏᴡʟɪɴɢ
sᴇᴠᴇɴ | ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇ
ᴇɪɢʜᴛ | ᴅᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇ
ɴɪɴᴇ | ᴅᴀᴅᴅʏ ɪssᴜᴇs
ɴɪɴᴇ ʙ | ᴅᴀᴅᴅʏ ɪssᴜᴇs
ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ | ɪ ғᴏʀɢɪᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ
ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ | ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴀɴᴅ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ | ᴀɴ ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ
ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ | ᴀ sʜᴏᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴅɪsᴄᴏᴠᴇʀʏ
ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ | ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜɪᴍ
sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ | ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴀɢᴏɴ (1)
sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ | ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴀɢᴏɴ (2)
ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ | ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴀɢᴏɴ (3)
ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ | ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴛs ᴀɴᴅ sᴜʀᴘʀɪsᴇs
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ | ᴄʜᴀʀɪᴛʏ ᴅɪɴɴᴇʀ (1)
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ | ᴄʜᴀʀɪᴛʏ ᴅɪɴɴᴇʀ (2)
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ | ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ғᴏᴜʀ | ʙʀᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ
ANNOUNCEMENT. (I GOT ENGAGEDD!!)

ᴛᴇɴ | ʀᴇᴠᴇɴɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴜɢɢᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs

476 154 116
By vilalove09

~what's life without a little bit of revenge?~

⊱𝙹𝙸𝙳𝙴𝙽𝙽𝙰 𝚃𝚈𝚁𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝙺𝙰𝙻𝚄⊰

~~•~~

"Fuck you, Ty." A pillow hit me shortly after those words were said.

"You are way too feisty today. Not that you're not feisty on a regular day. But today, you're just too extra."

Seated with me in my room for the past 3 hours, is my one and only female best friend, and one of the few humans I will ever allow to hurl cuss words at me for 3 minutes straight.

Vanessa Emilia Alfredo. 

And we go way back.

Vanessa had just joined our school in primary 4 and gained the admiration of everyone in school. Especially the school staff. I don't know if it was because of her genius or her foreign nationality. But everyone adored her, and she used it to her advantage.

The way she carried herself for someone her age fascinated me, and I remember excitedly ranting to Kc and Nonso about her after school every day.

You would not believe my joy when the little white girl with a mass of curly hair walked up to me and told me the following three words,

'Be my friend.'

I was beyond elated and the entire household didn't hear the end of it.

We were like two peas in a pod and even planned on attending the same secondary school. But it all went down the drain when my Dad had my Mum enrol me in another school. Despite all my pleas and tantrums, I ended up in LIC. 

His decision wasn't that bad anyway. Turns out that the change of schools didn't affect I and Vee's friendship. We remained tight.

"If someone hadn't stepped on my toes, I wouldn't be."

"Someone like literally stepped on you?"

"Yes." She slammed the pen she was twirling in her fingers on the table. "The demented idiot wasn't looking and stepped on me. Did I speak Greek?"

"Wait let me get this straight. You are angry because someone stepped on you?"

All I got was a glare. "Don't vex me further, Ty."

I chuckled. Girls and being so fucking extra.

"So what are you going to do about Jude?" She asked as she picked up her phone and began to scroll through it. Her mood had changed like she wasn't just pissed a second ago.

"Isn't that why I called you over?"

"Right. You want my help." Placing her phone down on the table, it made a clattering sound. 

"Scratch that. You need my help." She stated matter-of-factly.

My eyes rolled on their own accord. "Can you stop being cocky right now?"

She ignored me and proceeded to pull a notepad and a pen from the table's drawer. Then faced me with a serious look.

"Lessons on Payback 101." She tapped the pen on the notepad repeatedly, and quite loudly if I may add.

Vanessa and her theatrics.

"Listen, and listen carefully. When doing this, you would definitely want to strike where it hurts the most—"

"That is the whole point of revenge." I interrupted her, as my fingers played with the little mass of hair on my chin. Vanessa let out a harsh breath and shot me a glare.

"Can you not interrupt me?"

I scooted closer to the edge of the bed so that my bare feet now touched the cold, tiled floor. What I need from her is an idea of what to do. Not a lesson on how payback works.

"Look, I know whatever you're about to say to me. I invented this thing called revenge. That's why nobody messes with me. I strike back hard Vee."

Vanessa abruptly dropped the notepad and pen on the table, then turned back to me with eyes narrowed to slits. I knew what she was about to do. And she began before I could even have the chance to stop her.

"The girl in your class, whatever her name is. Why hasn't she gotten the memo? Oh, and let's not leave out Mr hunk. What's that one's name?"

"Vee—" I started, in a warning tone. But she cut me off, adding to my slightly pissed state. We talked about this countless times, but still, she kept on doing it. She kept on bringing it up like I loved being reminded of that girl who is the bane of my existence.

"No one messes with you? Those two are making a complete mockery of you."

"Not Umar. He has nothing on me. He can fucking go to hell for all I care."

Seriously. He could.

I didn't give a single damn about Umar. I just love getting on his nerves and pissing him off. Showing him that I'm better than him.

Vanessa cocked her head to the side, throwing at me a look of mockery. Is she trying to make me look stupid here?

"And the girl?"

Idera.

Just the thought of her made me want to boil over in rage. I met Vanessa's gaze with my hard one. 

"She is nothing but a mere fucking bug under my foot, which I will squash without mercy when the time comes." 

She flung her arms up in the air with an exasperated sigh. "Then what do you need my help for?"

"This is Jude we're talking about here. And only you know how much I hate him. If I do this on my own, it's only going to cause minor damage. Nothing ever really gets to that motherfucker."

Everything I did seemed like nothing to Jude. He would laugh right to my face like I and my actions are completely stupid. That night at the bowling alley was the last straw, and then the humiliation in the cafeteria yesterday broke the camel's back completely.

Still seated on the bed, I leaned towards her and held her hands. 

"I need to do something that'll get to him. That will crush him, wreck him and humiliate him just like he's done to me all the while. And you're my best friend, that's why I need you in this with me."

"Okay, ew." She yanked her hands away from mine. "Don't ever hold my hand that way again." I chuckled at her as she pulled out a tissue and wiped her hands with it, then dumped it into the bin nearby.

"And okay, I will help you. It's not like I have a choice anyways." She shrugged with an eye roll.

I couldn't help the wide grin that crawled up my face. Nothing but excitement and happiness rushed through my veins.

You'll never know what hit you, Jude Osasogie.

Vanessa picked up the notepad and the pen again. "So, you stated that nothing ever gets to him right?"

I gave an affirmative nod.

"But every human being on earth has a weakness, or two. Jude might look all tough on the outside. Hard guy, bad guy. On the inside, he's all soft and mushy mushy." 

Okay.

"But only when it comes to that one person. He can do literally anything for that one person. In summary of all that I have and haven't said, he's a hopeless romantic."

"So wha—"

Then it clicked.

"Yes, bestie. If you want revenge, take his girlfriend." 

I stared at my best friend in awe, as a proud smirk graced her beautiful face. Why in the world didn't I think of that?

"But we don't know who she is, no one does. Plus, the dude will be super protective of her."

Vanessa swirled the chair around. "And that's where I come in. Leave that to me, Ty. I'll find out. She might probably be some cheap girl who definitely slept her way into his heart."

"Probably." We held each other's gazes, and all of a sudden burst into laughter.

"Gosh, I feel like an evil mastermind." She said with a huge grin while twirling a curly strand of her hair around her finger.

I smirked at her. "You are an evil mastermind."

All my years with Vanessa, I've known her as the only human who could come up with the most absurd and wicked plans. After my brother of course, who used to constantly have brutal ideas brewing in his head, like he's the devil himself. Going to him would be a bit extreme. Plus he seems to have given that way of life a break. Or better still, an end.

I've been a witness and a victim of both parties' wicked pranks. Even worse when they gang up against me. And although I could never get back to my brother, I could always get back to Vanessa with his help a few times. The rest I did on my own. 

That's why I'm excited about this. Jude is going to get the experience of his life.

"But will she be that easy to uncover?"

Vanessa got up from the chair and stood in front of me. Then squatted down to my level and held my shoulders. Her eyes bore right into mine.

"You are Jidenna Tyrone Kalu. You are the son of one of the top richest businessmen in Nigeria. And as much as it's so weird to admit, you are actually one of the most good-looking guys I know. She will fall for you. Face flat."

I felt myself swell with pride. Vee always knew how and when to lift my spirit and as well, clear all my doubts and uncertainty about a lot of things. It's something she does so well.

"No thank you?"

I quirked a brow at her. "Thank you for what? Did you give me money?"

"So after all the hyping, not a single thank you from this cursed mouth of yours?"

We both know that I'm never going to do that. Just a little word of gratitude, and she's feeling like the queen of the world. Let me just look for small trouble.

"Go to my closet, you'll see all the thank yous you're looking for in there."

I watched as a scowl made its way to her face.

"Fuck you. I should have killed you when I had the chance." She threw a pillow at me. Again.

And I smirked having successfully dodged it. 

"Like you have the mind to do so."

She chuckled with a shake of her head. I picked up my phone and so did she, making us fall into a comfortable silence. We only spoke at intervals when one of us had something to show the other.

He had posted again. Jude Osasogie had posted one of those hand-holding pictures with his anonymous girlfriend. 

The post had gotten up to two thousand and fifty-eight likes in just 18 hours. I felt a flicker of irritation, making me swipe past his post and exit my explore page to my main feed.

Vanessa's scrutinizing gaze was on me. I could feel it, but I didn't bother looking up at her. Soon enough, she looked away without any questions. That, I was thankful for. 

The loud ringtone of my iPhone pierced the silence. With caller ID displaying two letters, MF and an eye roll emoji in front, I knew who was calling. I picked it.

"What's up?"

"I'm right in front of your fucking door, you asshole!" I moved the phone away from my ear as Ethan's loud voice echoed from my phone. I could even hear him from my room.

He is just a strange version of crazy.

"Jidenna! Who is that?" Kelechi's alarmed voice came from outside my room. The living room to be precise. Hearing the one thing she destests would definitely make her sound like the world was ending.

She had slapped me and seized my phone for a week all because I used 'bad language' in her presence. Of course, I rebelled, which made her get frustrated and fed up that she had no choice but to return my phone to me before the end of that week.

"It's my friend. Ethan." I answered her as I got up and left the room, with Vanessa following right behind. Ethan was already in by the time I got into the living room, and it seemed like Kc was already giving him a lecture on his use of language.

"When next you come into this house, mind your language. Okay?" Kc sternly warned him. She seemed as stern as she sounded, making her just exactly like Mum.

Ethan on the other hand, was sporting his regular smile. And by regular, I mean the usual sly, mischievous smile. It never seemed regular or ordinary to me.

"Yes ma'am." He replied.

"Don't mock me either. Cause I know you just did." She gave him a once over, then turned to me.

"Jide, talk to your friend." That was all she said, and she turned to leave us in the living room.

"This is why I like Hugo more." She muttered. If that wasn't meant to be heard, then she was unsuccessful because we three heard her loud and clear.

"And me." Vanessa chipped in, and I snorted at the queen of cuss words. Her vocabulary is never complete without a swear word or two. Kc stopped in her tracks and turned back to us.

"I like you too Vanessa." A proud smile made its appearance on Vee's face. "But you're guilty of that too." It disappeared immediately.

"Sometimes KC." Her shoulders raised in a half-shrug. "And it's all Ty's fault."

I narrowed my eyes at her. What does she mean by that? A conversation between Vanessa and I would never be complete without at least one or two cuss words from her. And she's blaming me for that.

"What the fuck do you mean Vee?" The words came out before I could stop or filter them.

"See?" She gestured to me. Clearly pleased with how she had just used me to make her point.

Wow. Well played Vee.

I subtly gave her the middle finger, which she noticed, and began making my way to the stairs.

Kc sighed. "Whatever. I just don't want any disturbance." The light sound of her footsteps indicated that she was walking away from the living room. 

"We should stay in here. We've been upstairs all day." Vanessa suggested. That sounded okay to me, so I retraced my steps back to the living room.

"Oh, so you two have been getting down and dirty huh?" Ethan made his way past the second dining area and to the mini wine cellar, instead of the main living room Vee had just suggested. I stood on a spot, eyes on Ethan, trying to comprehend how and who I had gotten myself aquainted with.

"What the fuck is your problem Ethan?" My words earned me a hard slap on my hand from Vanessa. 

"Fuck!" I groaned and got another slap before I could recover from the previous one which hurt like hell. Nothing was going to change my mind about Vanessa's hands being made of steel and not flesh.

"Language." She said, making me shoot her a glare as I rubbed my sore hand. I walked over to the marbled counter and sat on one of the bar stools, as Ethan scanned my Dad's second wine collection in the cellar. The main wine cellar was located in another part of the house. 

"Not everyone is a manwhore like you," I told him, as Vanessa joined us.

"If I'm a man whore, then what would you call Umar? The almighty Umar." He chuckled.  "I just dey learn for where him dey oh."

I wouldn't call Umar Bello my arch-nemesis, I won't even consider him one. But he would most certainly call and consider me one. All I've known about him through my years in LIC is the boy who always tries so hard to be better than me. Or rather, the boy who tries to take my shine.

So far, so good he hasn't succeeded. I mean, it's me, Jidenna Kalu. No one would ever dare, and even if they do, it would just be nothing but a waste of time. Just like Umar is doing. He's wasting every second of his life trying to beat me.

The mouth-watering scent of what I guessed to be chocolate cookies filled the air, as one of the maids came in carrying two plates and dropped them on the counter, confirming my guess.

As soon as she left, another came in with a tray of fruit juice and empty plastic cups. Both are courtesy of Kc, I'm sure. She placed them down and left. 

"That guy get scopes oh. Mad scopes. You won't even know who does things like that. The coded bastard." Ethan shook his head, chuckling again as he poured himself a glass of juice.

There were a lot of things I had over Umar. A whole lot of things I knew about him that I'm sure he didn't even know. But concerning sleeping around, I bet Ethan could do more of that than Umar. It's a miracle that he hasn't contracted an STD or something. 

Setting two cups upright, I filled both cups with fruit juice and handed one to Vanessa. 

"I heard he fucked Chantelle." I took a sip from mine.

"Old gist. Apparently, the babe is all over him and he told her off in a very rude manner. Now, she's hell-bent on casting him to the entire school. Just imagine all of Umar's dirty secrets out in the open."

Well, I would love to have the privilege of leaking the first one.

"You should have been born a girl instead. You gossip like one." Vanessa said to Ethan, as she picked up a cookie and broke it in half.

"I think so sometimes too," Ethan replied, feigning seriousness. Then he gulped the entire cup of juice down and slammed the cup on the slab.

"Then there's this bullshit I'm beginning to hear about Oma and Ik." 

Without looking up at him, I knew he had made the switch. One thing about Ethan that made me fascinated by him. Fascinated, worried and scared. All three depending on whatever he switched to.

The dude acted like a freaking bipolar patient every damn time.

I really wasn't in the mood to listen to one of his obsessive rants about Oma. I have never been in the mood to listen to anything that concerned Oma. Lately, I had begun to develop a certain hatred for anything and anyone in connection to Idera.

"Ethan—"

"Look Jide," He cut me off harshly. "I'm not having any of your trash talk today." 

Trash talk?

Pfft.

"Is Oma his girlfriend?" Vanessa asked. She seemed quite intrigued by this whole thing. 

Girlfriend? That's way past the scale of impossible. Trying to get water into a basket is one way to describe wooing a girl like Oma. Some say she's not letting anyone into her life again after her last relationship with Gerald Ofor. One of our seniors from the set graduated this year.  

I'm not really into petty school gist, but their breakup was very messy. Very messy. It was one of the highlights of the last session. 

Of course, all the school staffs weren't aware. All except Miss Cherish, the principal's receptionist and PA, who is very cool with us students. I can't begin to list the number of times she had saved our asses and convinced the principal to let us in on some cool activities.

"No. She's more like his obsession."

If there's anything more than the word obsession, that would be what he had for this girl. I didn't just understand it. And I hope I never will.

"You like her?" Vanessa asked again.

"Well, isn't it that obvious?"

If I say I wasn't surprised by his reply, I would be lying. I folded my arms as my eyes watched Ethan with keen interest.

Ethan Banjo likes a girl. That's a new one.

"Are you sure he's not just horny when it comes to her? Cause I don't think you, Ethan, are capable of actually having actual feelings for a girl."

That might just be the reason. I mean, Oma is really attractive and quite daring. That combination is enough to make a guy lose his head over her. I might have even picked her over Serena back then. And then Ethan, being Ethan would definitely want to have someone like her.

"Let's make a bet." He brought forth his right hand, and folded all his fingers back, except his pinky.

"Before the end of this session, this will be your story." He said, with his gaze boring into mine, making me feel a tad uncomfortable. 

Another freaking switch. This boy needed to stop this.

"And whoever this girl will be, will so fuck up your mind and mess you up. You will try so fucking hard to fight it Jidenna. I know you won't come to me for help because of your stupid ego. But you will eventually, and I will remind you of this day."

A sudden chill swept through me, causing goosebumps to erupt on my skin. I blinked. Once, twice. Then looked away from him.

This mf is messing with me.

Ethan withdrew his hand from the counter, picked up the jug of fruit juice and poured a little into his cup. 

"Mark my words, boy." He pointed at me. "Don't play with Grace." Then he downed the contents of the cup.

Laughing at the absurdity of his words, I adjusted myself on the stool. Nothing ever makes sense with this boy. If I didn't know him well enough, I bet that I would already have been brainwashed by his words.

"Do you want to set me up with someone or what? Cause I don't understand all the bullshit you just said."

He outrightly ignored me and faced Vanessa. Smirking.

"So! What's up with you Nessa?"

Someone is signing up for a death wish.

If you aren't closely acquainted with Vanessa, you have no right to call her by a pet name or any other name asides from Vanessa. It's like committing a crime, a huge felony. And pray to God you survive her wrath.

Just like I said, she had already dropped her drink as she glowered at Ethan who seemed very taken aback by her reaction.

"And when did that one start? Do I look like your friend?"

With hands raised in surrender, he apologized, calling her name properly. "Sorry. Vanessa."

And when I thought he was going at least get sensible, he still went ahead to engage her.

"You know, it's hard to believe that someone as stunning and accomplished as you don't have a boyfriend. Or at least someone who has caught your eye."

The protective big brother instinct kicked in, but I laid back. I let her handle this one. She would want to anyways.

"Does beauty guarantee you a love interest? Cause I don't understand why people think that. They see a very good-looking person and suddenly assume he or she has someone."

Not what I expected. But it still works. By the way, I get a lot of surprised reactions I get when I tell people I don't have a girlfriend. Some straight-up say I'm lying.

'Ah! Fine boy like you?'

Yes. A fine sexy boy like me. Is that a fucking crime?

"Vanessa is a one-woman squad." I decided to contribute. "With the way she's going, I think she might die single." 

My words got Ethan laughing which I knew would totally vex Vanessa.

"I will fucking stab you with this fork Ty, and you fucking know that." I glanced down at her hand, and a fork was actually in her grip. Just to be on the safer side, I moved away from her so I wouldn't be nursing a stab wound.

"Language, Vee," I smirked as she dropped her weapon with a scowl.

Payback.

"Have you gotten your revenge plan?" Ethan suddenly questioned, and I groaned internally. I just had to feign cluelessness.

"What revenge plan?"

He chuckled. "I'm Ethan Banjo. I'm not stupid. You always want to get revenge if someone ever offends you. And you always do."

How he began his statement with an amused smile and ended it looking dead serious had me perplexed. 

Not this one. I didn't want to let him know about this. But as usual, his weird smart ass just had to figure it out. I just want to handle this my way. My way involved Vanessa. With the sole aim of fucking Jude Osasogie up.

"Now spill."

Fuck you, Ethan.

I let out a sigh. "Vanessa is helping me out."

"He's going to take his girlfriend." The Vanessa I expected to cover up for me in some way, added.

Some best friend you are Vee.

"Like snatch his babe from him. Or just fuck her and dump her?"

A frown marred my features. "I'm not sleeping with any damn person, Ethan. I'm just going to work my charms and get her to fall for me."

Ethan leaned back into the bar stool and crossed one leg over the other with folded arms. He seemed like he was seriously analyzing all that I and Vee just told him. 

Suddenly he sat upright.

"Here's a better plan. Fuck her, make a video of it, and send it to him."

"Jesus Christ." I heard Vanessa mutter.

I expected this. Seriously I did. And thus the reason I didn't want him involved.

"My God Ethan. I'm never going to make a fucking sex tape."

"How does this boy think?"

I have no fucking idea, Vee.

Ethan gave I and Vanessa an eye roll. "Okay, okay. But I think mine is fun and very much effective."

"Because you're speaking from experience." I chuckled and looked up, only to be met with Ethan's dark gaze on me. 

Um...what now?

"Don't do that, Jidenna."  He warned. His tone was low and deadly.

"What? Aren't you the one who suggested the sex tape?"

"I suggested something doesn't mean you have to be so stupid. I could have brought up when you fucked my cousin at last year's charity ball."

All hair on my body stood still. I froze too, unable to move a muscle as it seemed like someone had dumped a bucket of ice on me.

"But I didn't."

How?

How...How on earth did he know? 

"What?" He smirked. "You thought I wouldn't find out?" 

"Well, Ty." Vanessa breathed out, making me remember her presence here. "You have a lot explaining to do when next we see. I have to leave right now. Meeting with Ebony Life by 2."

She was here and heard what Ethan just said.

Without having to think, I knew Vee was pissed at me. I had fucked up big time. She had already taken her bag from the sofa in the living room and was out.

"Vee." I went after her, leaving Ethan in the living room. 

"Vanessa wait!" I called out to her, effectively stopping her from opening the door of her car parked in our compound. She turned back and I was taken aback by the anger swirling in her eyes.

"Wait for what? Ty, are you insane?"

My Goodness, pissed is definitely an understatement. 

"You just find more and more ways to make me extremely pissed with you. It was a fucking promise. You promised me!" She yelled.

"I was drunk Vee. The idiot in there made me drink so much that I didn't even know what I was doing. At a point, I felt like everything I took was spiked, because we both know how well I hold alcohol."

My God. I sound so stupid.

"You don't know how to hold any fucking alcohol you fool!" She smacked my chest so hard that I staggered back. "Were you even supposed to be drinking? You promised me that too. Jidenna what is wrong with you?"

Fuck.

Hearing Vanessa call me by my name, made me realize the gravity of my mess up. I hated seeing her angry, either it was or wasn't my fault.

"I'm sorry Vee."

"Okay, so it happened. And you didn't even think to tell me about it. You hid it from me. And I had to find out this way."

"Vanessa, I'm so sorry." I'm sure I looked so desperate with the way I was begging her. But I can't stand her being this mad at me. 

"Save your apologies, Ty. I'm late for my interview." She turned her back on me, literally. Opened the door and went in, telling her driver who had been in the car since she arrived to drive out.

I watched as the black range rover drove out of the compound, with my best friend in it. Without a second thought, I stormed back into the house to confront the asshole who caused this.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Ethan? Why did you have to do that?"

"You should have at least had a thought or two before deciding to bring up Efua." He didn't look up from the counter he was staring so intently at.

I took long strides towards him.

"I didn't bring her up. I didn't even mention her name. But yours just had to be over the top."

"Damn it Jidenna!" He thundered, standing up from the stool, and firing so much rage at me with his eyes. "You didn't have to mention her name. That alone is bringing her and that blasted fool up!" 

Anger began to swirl within me.

"Then you should have swallowed your stupid sex tape idea and shut your damn mouth up!"

We were shouting the house down, and Kc and the entire household staff could probably hear us. But I didn't care. I was too angry at myself and Ethan to even care.

He scoffed and sat back down on the bar stool.

"I see what you're doing Ethan. I'm not stupid. If you're looking for who to unleash your bitterness on, it's not me. If Efua was stupid enough to be fooled and slept with another guy who sent you the video, it isn't my problem."

"I wasn't even thinking of that when I suggested the idea to you. It was just something random. But you couldn't just help yourself."

While he spoke, I made my way towards the door and opened it wide. If he spends even a second here, Kc and whoever is home would have to separate a fight.

"Leave my house, Ethan."

"You should be grateful to me that what happened that night, didn't get out the next day. It would have been bloody hell Jidenna."

My fists balled, but I had to keep myself in check.

"Get the fuck out." 

He got up and decided to take his sweet fucking time to walk out of the living room. We didn't spare each other even a glance as he walked out. And I slammed the door behind him.

Fucking idiot.

"That was something." A masculine voice stopped me in my track. I turned to the second dining area and saw my brother, Nonso seated with his eyes glued to his phone screen as always, with a bottle and a glass of water on the table.

"What?" I snapped at him, irritated by the fact that he had just heard I and Ethan quarrel. I didn't even know he was home.

"You know," He placed his glass of water down after taking a sip. "You have too much drama for someone your age." Then he looked away from his phone and at me.

"You're just 17."

"Will be 18 next month."

"You're still 17."

I decided to avoid arguing with him like I would have done on a regular day. I didn't even have the mental strength to do so. I was drained.

"So how much were you paid for eavesdropping?" I asked, pulling out a seat. My room was supposed to be my destination, but I found myself in the dining room.

"I wasn't. You guys were just too loud."

True.

Something suddenly clicked. 

"Wait, if you think I'm going to tell you anything, then you're wrong."

Because my brother seemed like he was waiting and expecting me to pour out my problems to him.

Nonso scoffed loudly. "Like I want to know anything about your sexual life. I hope you use protection though. I am way too young to be an uncle."

"Meaning?" Kc came into view, stepped out with a covered bowl and placed it on the dining table. 

"Ehn, Nonso." She opened up the bowl and the aroma of fried chicken attacked my nostrils immediately and my stomach growled. The bowl was filled with pieces of spicy chicken wings and laps. Garnished with rings of onions and tomatoes.

I didn't even realize she had been busy in the kitchen the whole time. I mean, the entire house was filled with the aroma of her special fried chicken lap and wings.

Cooking is sure Kc's superpower.

"I didn't mean you Kc." Nonso reached out to take a piece, but our elder sister smacked his hand away while giving him a scolding look.

"But it still means the same thing."

"It's not. I'm too young to be an uncle when it comes to Jide. But when it comes to you, I'm long overdue." Nonso explained.

"I just got married last year."

"Sisan already has two children." He pointed out our cousin who got married earlier last year and just gave birth to her second child.

How is that even possible?

Kc rolled her eyes at Nonso. "That is Sisan." 

Then she looked down at the pieces of chicken, which she began poking around.

"I and Marcus... We're not just ready for children yet." She looked up at me and Nonso with a shrug and a small smile touching her lips.

We were all present when Dad forced Kc's marriage to her husband on her. An arranged marriage. They've been married for a year now so there could be budding love. Or not. I try not to be bothered when I notice her husband's cold demeanour towards her.

But at least, she's treated well. Kelechi is married to a damn Richmond, so how in the world won't she be treated well? Once we went over to her husband's mansion for a family dinner, and I saw a fleet of cars in their compound. I wasn't surprised by that until Kc told I and Nonso that five of those cars belong to her.

Let me not get started on the rest of the assets she now has.

"Whatever. Just give me Nieces and Nephews before I die." Nonso joked like the certified clown he is.

"Shut up." Kelechi laughed, finally letting him take a piece.

"What's wrong with Jide?" She asked Nonso.

"School drama." He answered. "Wait, let me rephrase that. Unnecessary school drama." I rolled my eyes at his reply and watched as Kc served me my own portion of her treat.

"Remember those days Jide would sit me and you down to tell us all that happened in school that day." 

A groan escaped my lips as I realized that my elder siblings were about to make jokes at my expense. And Kc has always been the one to initiate it.

"But he's a big boy now," Nonso added. "He probably would get married without our knowledge and bring his wife home to show us."

Seriously?

"They might come with a child."

"Two children."

Oh my God.

"I'm out of here." I made sure to carry my plate along with me, as I left my annoying older siblings laughing in the dining room.

───────•••───────

🙂

Well, that escalated pretty fast.

Two new introductions. We have Vanessa from Beyond the Reef by Qhupid_247. And my very own Ethan Banjo. 😌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 5K 36
{A Nigerian Themed Novel😘} "You can't leave cause I have feelings for you!" I scream without thinking. My eyes widen and I draw my hands over my mo...
1.5K 287 37
Money, wealth, fame, power, these teens have all you could ever want, but all that glitters Is not good. **** What would you do if you found out you...
36.8K 5.1K 26
Published on the 12th of November, 2018. What the fuck! Can't you watch where you're going?? You almost injured me!" I said dusting my skirt and tryi...
10.9K 1.9K 40
[# 88 in TEEN FICTION on 14/3/18.] [#5 in angerissues on 10/05/2018] COMPLETED!!! No matter where you come from, your dreams are always valid. RULE 1...