let me down slowly - wilbur s...

By poggerzz

the fate of this story is undecided. i no longer support wilbur soot and i completely stand by shelby and any... More

preface/face claims
*UPDATED* playlist
chapter 1- aubreyyxo
chapter 2- are you a witch?
chapter 3- skins
chapter 5- one day
chapter 6- build mart
chapter 7- bullying nihachu gang
chapter 8- sky battle
chapter 9- think positive
chapter 10- game strategies
chapter 11- simpbur
chapter 12- battle box
chapter 13- party poopers
chapter 14- chug jug with you
chapter 15- swear train
chapter 16- whispers
chapter 17- 5 stages of grief
chapter 18- girl talk
chapter 19- texts
chapter 20- packing
chapter 21- karaoke
chapter 22- mcdonald's
chapter 23- target
chapter 24- coffee
chapter 25- for me?
chapter 26- mukbang
chapter 27- q&a
chapter 28- you're pretty
chapter 29- pleasant phone call
chapter 30- 8 ball
chapter 31- on my shoulder
chapter 32- leash
chapter 33- parents
chapter 34- forbidden journey
chapter 35- butterbeer
chapter 36- wand ceremony
chapter 37- wingardium leviosa
chapter 38- thinking about you
chapter 39- sleeping
chapter 40- someone else's star
chapter 41- whipped
chapter 42- goodbye
chapter 43- warning
chapter 44- feelings
chapter 45- the vlog
chapter 46- ex-boyfriend
chapter 47- hours
chapter 48- care
chapter 49- slow down
chapter 50- recording
chapter 51- sunshine
chapter 52 - lavender
chapter 53- love
chapter 54- movie
chapter 55- couch
chapter 56- minecraft bed
chapter 57- talking to myself
chapter 58- ask away
chapter 59- picnic
chapter 60- crime and punishment
chapter 61- L bomb
chapter 62- out of the loop
chapter 63- imagine
chapter 64- parasocial relationship
chapter 65- incoming call
chapter 66- flowers
chapter 67- hold your hand
chapter 68- aphrodite
chapter 69- dance with me
chapter 70- pandering
chapter 71- twitter simps
chapter 72- speaker
chapter 73- trending
chapter 74- i love you more
chapter 75- text to speech
chapter 76- perfect
chapter 77- guilt
chapter 78- trust
epilogue - two worlds apart
alternate ending- our song

chapter 4- fancy her

12.7K 483 1.6K
By poggerzz

wilbur's pov

"can you make this quick, tommy? i ask, rubbing my eyes. "i'm exhausted. i barely got any sleep last night-"

"how did we do?" tommy cuts me off.

"uh, come again?"

"tubbo and me! how did we do?"

"during practice? great, great. i think we really have a chance tomor-"

"NO! our tactical leaving and giving you and aubrey some alone time!" somehow, i can tell tommy is wiggling his eyebrows and smirking. "wasn't that smooth? i bet aubrey didn't even notice! we're like james bond but BETTER!"

i sigh. of course their synchronized ditching the call was intentional.

"what was your purpose in... ditching us?" i question, rubbing my temples.

"isn't it obvious? you clearly fancy her, we were just giving you some time on your own to speak to her one on one."

"FANCY HER?" i chortle and shake my head. "tommy, i hardly KNOW the girl! how could i FANCY her?"

"you thought she was pretty," tommy points out.

"just because i think someone is pretty doesn't mean i am in love with them!"

"do you think nihachu is pretty?"

"i- what does niki have to do with this?"

"nevermind. she's besides the point. just admit that you've SOMEWHAT taking a liking to aubrey."

"romantically? no."

"liar."

"i didn't say she wasn't a cool person. she seems very nice. and yes, she is pretty. but no, i do not have romantic feelings towards her."

"that will change soon..." tommy hums in a sing-song voice. i roll my eyes.

"why would you assume that?" i ask with a grunt.

"i'm tommyinnit. the wife haver, the big man as aubrey called me, the smartest man alive. i know these things." i scoff.

"i'm just waiting until the day some lady sweeps you off of your feet and i get to poke fun at you." i absentmindedly start playing with the sleeve of my sweater and smile at the thought of tommy being in love.

"keep dreaming, wilbur."

"i'm serious! don't you want to be on love or host when you turn eighteen? what if your soulmate is on the show with you?" now it's tommy's turn to scoff.

"i can only hope and pray i meet my soulmate on austin's twitch show," tommy says sarcastically. i burst out laughing.

"i bet you will."

∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

aubrey's pov

the next afternoon, i pace around my room in thought. mcc is at 8 pm for us people in the uk, so i have a lot of time to kill.

i think about what to do with myself, until i see my pc light up with a notification.

one new discord message.

i raise an eyebrow as i open discord to see who messaged me.

WilburSoot: good afternoon aubrey! i hope you slept well last night :) do you want to practice for mcc a little bit? i'm still a bit rusty with ace race and i was hoping you could accompany me.

i smile. i love the way he asks me to play minecraft with him so formally.

aubrey: hello wilbur! i would love to accompany you in practicing for a minecraft tournament :) shall we vc?

WilburSoot: i see you've caught onto my regal ways of speaking. yes, we shall vc!

i laugh. regal? please.

wilbur starts a call that i immediately join.

"hello there, miss aubrey," wilbur says, his accent even thicker than before.

"it's nice to see you again, mister wilbur," i reply, matching his sophisticated tone. we both laugh.

"what have you been up to today?" wilbur asks as he logs into the mcc practice server.

"been thinking a lot. stressing a lot. how about you?"

"same. we're very similar."

"are we really, now? i reckon we don't know each other well enough to determine that." wilbur scoffs.

"way to spoil the fun." i can hear him pout.

"that doesn't mean we can't GET to know each other. come on, let me inside of the mind of wilbur soot for a minute. i know the exterior shell, the streamer and singer version of wilbur soot. but i don't REALLY know wilbur soot."

"i'm gonna take a shot every time you say 'wilbur soot.'"

"wilbur soot, wilbur soot, wilbur soot, wilbur-"

"okay okay!" we both laugh. "well... what do you want to know?" i tap my chin in thought for a minute.

"how old are you?" i ask.

"getting personal, are we?" wilbur asks sarcastically. i snort.

"come on. i'll tell you if you tell me."

"deal. i'm twenty-four."

"oh, we're pretty close in age. i'm twenty-two."

"i don't know about you, but i'm feeling-"

"no." i interrupt wilbur's singing. "i hear that every time i tell someone my age." wilbur gives an airy laugh.

"my turn to ask a question," wilbur asks. "uhh... what type of music do you listen to?"

"your music. i listened to the songs you sent me last night. you're talented." i hear wilbur snicker.

"what's your favorite song that i sent you?"

"since i saw vienna. it's really calming."

"well, thank you." wilbur pauses for a minute. "besides me, who do you listen to?"

"um..." i bite my bottom lip in thought. "i don't really know..."

"have you ever heard of alec benjamin?" wilbur asks suddenly. i tap my chin.

"definitely have heard the name, one second..." i look up alec benjamin on my computer and a few of his popular songs show up. "oh, this guy! yes i have. not very many songs, though. i've heard water fountain and jesus in la. that's about it." we laugh.

"hmm...  okay now that i think about it, i like a mix of everything. my favorite artists are chase atlantic and lana del rey, though." wilbur hums in approval.

"drugs," he says with a dead tone. my eyebrows quickly raise at the word.

"d-drugs?" i repeat.

"don't they both sing about drugs a lot?" i let out a long laugh.

"i guess so, yeah. that's not necessarily why i like them, though. unless..."

"aubrey, aubrey, aubrey. you can't see me right now, but i'm shaking my head."

wait.

"i've never seen your face," i suddenly blurt out. i hear a quiet "oh" escape from wilbur's lips.

"well, um, i can just..." wilbur trails off and i notice he turns his camera on.

oh wow.

i bite my tongue to keep myself from saying anything stupid out loud. he's a handsome guy, with a head of curly brown hair that swoops almost completely over his eyes. and his eyes, his eyes! they're a mocha brown color behind his round, gold glasses. not to mention his impeccable sense in fashion. i admire the dark red knitted sweater that he's wearing.

i feel like i'd see him at a library, reading an old and sophisticated book, like the odyssey or crime and punishment, sipping a cup of (probably black) coffee slowly. not behind a pc setup, playing minecraft and blowing up nations (yes, i did look up the lore this morning).

"your silence is making me nervous," wilbur informs me, his mouth straightening into a line. i can see a hint of anxiety flash in his eyes and i'm snapped back into my senses.

"i'm just-" i shake my head, trying to get the words out. "you're very handsome." wilbur turns a deep shade of crimson, practically the same color as his sweater, and i pretend not to notice.

"thank you," he replies meekly.

(someone please please please notice that they both thought "oh wow" when they saw each other's faces. i was trying so hard to have, like, parallel storylines i think it's called? something like that? and kdjhafkdhausifda i thought that was so cool BUT ANYWAY!! hi! thank you so much for reading! i hope you enjoyed this chapter :D it's the middle of june when i'm writing this so i'm currently listening to heat waves. just thought you should know that HAHA. anyway, please vote, comment, share, and add this to your reading lists! i appreciate all the support given to this story so far and it means the world to me! YOU GUYS mean the world to me :) i hope you have a great day and i love you!! <3)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 440 26
𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐭𝐲𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐞. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐈 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐦...
42.7K 1.8K 57
Why are people still reading this This was my first fanfic, oh wow, this was back in 2021 Includes: strong language, manipulation, implied sexual co...
78.4K 2.9K 47
Tommy Henry was anything but normal. Rude, obnoxious, loud and most importantly; lonely. No one wanted him, and he didn't want them. When Phil Watso...
14.3K 544 20
Highest Rank: Number 1: TNT Duo The difference a single decision can make... c!Wilbur Soot has been a thorn in c!Quackity's side at Las Nevadas for...