Ghosts ✔️

By SettleDown1D

A postwar fic where Harry barely speaks anymore, and no one understands him the way Draco Malfoy does. One ap... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Final Author's Note
Sequel
Completion!
Thank You / Other Works

Chapter 34

15.7K 664 536
By SettleDown1D

It was getting late, and Harry couldn't sleep. He was thinking about Draco, hoping that he was staying safe. Comfort was found in knowing that Pansy Parkinson was truly a force to be reckoned with.

Harry had just gotten out of the shower and was getting changed when he heard the pop of apparition. It was late and he was worried something was wrong. Dropping the towel, he ran downstairs to encounter a crying Draco.

"Draco what's wrong? Come here."

Draco all but collapsed into Harry's arms, barely noting that he was crying into a bare chest. Holding him tightly, Harry pulled Draco into his arms, sinking to the floor.

"It's okay Draco, I've got you."

"I'm not sad", was all he could choke out.

"Did something happen?", Harry asked, concerned.

"Letter."

"Oh. I didn't mean to make you cry", Harry whispered.

Draco just shook his head and held onto Harry as if his life depended on it, because in all honesty it did. Harry said nothing else, just held Draco and rubbed his back. Once Draco calmed down, he let out a quiet chuckle.

"Sorry about that. I don't know what came over me. I blame the alcohol. I was missing you, and then I was grabbing one of your shirts I stole, and the letter fell out so I decided to read it to make me feel better. I should've read the letter before the card. That was funny, I didn't expect that."

"I really didn't mean to make you cry."

"Sometimes I just need to cry. It happens so rarely. Oh fuck me, I put on eyeliner. Do I look like a raccoon?"

"It's a little smudged. My chest probably wiped most of it off."

Draco leaned back to look at him, and was suddenly very aware that Harry was only wearing boxers.

"Erm... Was I interrupting something?"

"What?"

Harry looked down because Draco was staring, and his face was burning.

"Oh! No! I just got out of the shower and heard the pop..."

They were sitting on the ground, now facing each other, and staring. Harry's eyes were fixated on the button up Draco was wearing, the first few buttons open. His eyes drifted downward to the incredibly tight black pants Draco was wearing. Draco always looked good but this was... yeah.

"I bet they were all over you tonight."

"They were", Draco admitted. "It didn't feel right though. I was trying to think of an excuse to leave but then Blaise got sick and saved me the trouble. I was going to drink alone until I passed out, but there you go saving me once again."

Draco dropped back onto the floor, mostly so he would stop staring at Harry. He knew these pants didn't hide anything. That was the whole reason as to why he wore them. Leaning up on his elbows, he caught Harry staring at him, and his heart fluttered. This was extremely dangerous, forbidden territory.

"Do you want to take a shower?"

"I should probably head home."

"Before I do something I'll regret", Draco thought, finishing the sentence.

"I thought you missed me?", Harry asked with a pout.

"I was hoping you glossed over that part."

"I hang onto your every word", Harry replied with a laugh.

"I'll stay then."

Draco headed up the stairs, purposely adding an extra sway to his hips, feeling Harry's eyes glued to him. He would be wearing these pants a lot more.

"Got any more space themed pickup lines Potter?", he asked lightly as they reached Harry's room.

They made eye contact through the mirror as Harry pulled on a pair of pants. Their eyes remained locked as Harry responded with another one he had been too afraid to include in the card.

"Are you wearing space pants? Because your arse is out of this world."

Draco laughed quietly, and decided to take things half a step further. He walked next to Harry, turned around, and looked over his shoulder.

"You don't think these pants make me look fat do you?", Draco asked innocently, his intentions anything but.

"Not at all. You look great", Harry replied, clearing his throat, tearing his eyes away from Draco.

"Then why aren't you looking at me?", Draco whined.

Okay, maybe he was still tipsy.

"Go take a shower."

"Harryyyyy", Draco groaned.

The sound would be ingrained in Harry's brain forever.

"You need to stop teasing and clear your head. Sober Draco wouldn't do this."

"Sober Draco is a bloody coward", Draco muttered in response, letting Harry drag him to the bathroom.

"Wait here. I'm going to get you some clothes."

Throughout his visits, Draco had left various clothing items behind. Harry just cleared out a drawer to hold Draco's things, figuring it would be useful. He returned with Draco's pants and one of his own shirts.

When Harry walked in, Draco was struggling to take off his pants.

"I didn't bring my overnight bag did I?", Draco asked, confused as to where his clothes had come from.

"I cleared out a drawer for you. Whenever you leave something I just wash it and put it in the drawer."

Draco pulled Harry into a tight hug, and Harry felt everything.

"You're perfect. Absolutely perfect."

Harry could say the same to Draco. They fit perfectly against each other, and Harry had to leave right now.

"I trust you can shower by yourself?", Harry asked, backing away.

"Are you flirting with me? You can join me if you want?", Draco purred.

Harry faked indifference, but it was very hard when Draco Malfoy was in his bathroom looking like that.

"I already showered. Maybe next time."

"I look forward to it", Draco replied with a feral grin.

As his pants dropped to the floor, Harry took that as his cue to leave. He had to lock himself into the downstairs bathroom to take care of his problems, the eyeliner on his chest the smaller of the two issues. After that, he needed a drink, which is where Draco found him once he was showered.

"Drinking without me?", Draco asked, swiping Harry's glass.

"Is that smart?"

"Probably not, but I know I'm safe with you."

Draco sat in the chair next to Harry's, scooting over so close their legs were pressed together. Harry refilled the glass.

"DId you have a good night?"

"It was alright I suppose. I love to dance. There's something thrilling about being with strangers, but it just didn't feel right. There were some attractive guys, but I wasn't as into it as I used to be. A waste of a perfectly good outfit", Draco finished, downing the rest of the glass and filling it himself.

"Oh believe me, it was not a waste."

"I'll reserve those pants for you", Draco replied with a giggle.

"You better", Harry teased.

"I'll put on a nice show for you too", Draco drawled.

"I don't doubt that", Harry replied, knocking back another glass.

"We should dance. Please?"

Harry had trouble saying no to Draco when he was sober. Forget after having a few drinks.

"Okay."

Harry got up and put his music on shuffle, smiling as Ghosts by Mayday Parade filled the room.

"I love this song!", Draco cheered.

Draco grabbed Harry and held him close, swaying together to the music.

There's a ghost in my bedroom, it haunts me at night.
I've asked him to leave, but he keeps stopping by.
Just when I think that I'm alone, it shows up again with a friend this time.
And now this is getting old.
I don't know what to do.
Metaphorically, this ghost is you.

The beat picked up, and Draco surprised Harry by spinning him outwards. Laughing, Harry allowed himself to let go and feel free. Draco started singing to Harry as he spun him about.

"He comes up my way with a devil's smile singing,
'This is now my home. You're my wish come true.'
When you reach that golden cloud, I'll be there with you."

Harry however wasn't expecting for Draco to press himself against Harry. Without thinking twice, Harry's hands came up to hold Draco's waist, eventually sliding down to his hips. Draco would be the death of Harry, but it would be such a beautiful end that he didn't mind.

"Never alone 'cause I've got you."

Harry's grip tightened on Draco as he practically grinded against him. He wondered if this was what Draco had been doing with strangers all night until he came to see Harry. Harry couldn't tell if it was the alcohol clouding his judgement or not, but he really, really, wanted to kiss Draco.

No I won't waste away my love onto something new.
If there's only one way out, I'll come back for you.

Pure adrenaline and euphoria were coursing through Draco's veins. This was what had been denied to him for years, and finally, he was getting it. Granted he was tipsy at the very least, but Harry felt so good pressed up behind him that Draco couldn't help but push back.

"If I get stuck out there forever,
Tell everyone that I said goodbye."

Harry would never dance with anyone in this way ever again.

"You're on my lifelong list of wishes,
If he stays, well that just means I've got numbered days
'Til I go back to my little world where it's just me and my imaginary friends."

Both men were on the edge, their resolve crumbling. It was Draco who broke away first, surprising the both of them. Once the violin instrumental started up again, he spun Harry away once more to take a deep, clearing breath. Whatever was about to happen should not happen when they're both under the influence of alcohol. He wanted to remember their first kiss, and he didn't want Harry to hate him for ruining their friendship if he didn't feel the same way.

Harry then did something even more shocking and pulled Draco back to him. However, now Harry was pressed against Draco. This kind of physical contact was what Harry truly craved. He trusted Draco with his whole being. Loneliness was something Harry never wanted to feel again.

"Hold my heart keep your full protection
Don't get stuck on your way
The other side's a scary place", Harry sang along, the music influencing his movements.

Draco had been given Harry's heart without Harry even fully realizing he gave it away.

There's a ghost in my bedroom, and he's dying to meet you,
God knows he's heard all about you.

Draco's lips trailed down Harry's neck. His resolve was gone and he needed to do something to show Harry that he cared. Harry made Draco feel amazing, and he wanted to return the favor.

Softly, slowly how can I come down?
I want you to notice when I let go.

Harry never wanted Draco to let go. Liquid luck hadn't even felt as good to Harry as what he was feeling at this point in time. Draco's lips, teeth, and tongue against his neck and collarbone were more powerful.

There's a ghost in my bedroom

As the song finished, Harry pulled away panting. He definitely needed water. Grabbing a glass for himself and Draco, he sat back on the stool to calm down.

"You were definitely the Ghost in the club I was in. I only wanted to dance with you, but you weren't there."

"I'm here now."

Draco downed the glass of water and immediately refilled it.

"I think my clubbing days are officially over. I never want another dance partner. I didn't know you could move like that."

"It's the alcohol, combined with the thought of you in those pants."

"They're my favorites for a reason", Draco replied with a wink.

The musical spell had been broken, and things settled back to normalcy. As normal as it could get for the two men anyway. They danced for a few more songs until they were tired enough to go to bed. At 4am they collapsed into bed together.

Harry kissed Draco softly on the cheek, and once again wished him a happy birthday.

"I'm always happy when I'm with you, Scarhead."

"Likewise Prince. Sleep well."

And sleep well they did, wrapped protectively around each other. There was a soft glow to the room that seemed to be radiating off of the two men. It was a beautiful chaos, much like the pair themselves.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

990K 31.1K 61
《 c o m p l e t e d 》 One late afternoon, after plotting with Pansy, Hermione and Ron decided to steal Harry's phone and change most of his contacts'...
597K 6.9K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...
68.8K 2.3K 23
Draco doesn't care what Harry thinks as long as it's about him. Cover art by @VikConder on instagram Started: February 12, 2023 Completed: November 2...
18.3K 975 12
"Things haven't been quite the same There's a haze on the horizon, babe It's only been a couple of days and I miss you" Potionsmaster Draco Malfoy sw...