Valentine's Hart | SLOW UPDAT...

By canigetyournumberr

"It's a heart emergency." When one believes that true love only happens on screens, and the other believes i... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
T R A I L E R
C H A R A C T E R S
P R O L O G U E
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 17

45 1 0
By canigetyournumberr

Zecheriah's POV

"Sì, sarò a casa per una settimana, (Italian: Yes, I'll be home for a week)" I spoke to Serena on the phone while making my way through the busy streets of New York.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" A man I bumped into said.

"My apologies," I said, continuing to walk.

"Are you sure I'm talking to my brother? And why is it so noisy?" My sister replied.

"Yes. I'm your brother, and for your information, I am walking," I answered, stopping to wait for the pedestrian light to go green.

"You have a car," she insisted.

"Dahlia said there's no parking nearby where I'm going at. So, I have to park a few blocks away."

Serena asked with a suggestive tone, "And where are you going with Dahlia?"

I rolled my eyes and began walking as the cars stopped, "Alexander Wang show. One of her friends is walking on the runway."

My sister let out a gasped and shrieked, which caused me to wince and pull the phone away from my ear and letting out a "Fanculo.(Italian: Fuck)"

"No, way!" She screamed.

"What's wrong with you?" I hissed.

"With me? What's wrong with you? First, you're taking a 2-week vacation, and then now you're attending fashion shows on NYFW. And might I add, a fashion show I haven't even gone to yet!" she exclaimed. "You totally like Dahlia."

"She's a friend, Serena," I emphasized before my phone buzzed, saying another call is incoming.

"I have to go, Serena," I said my goodbyes.

"Friend my ass. Don't forget to use protection!" She said, hanging up on me before I could even scold her.

I accepted the call, "Hello?"

"Hi, Zeke. This is Dahlia. Did you find your way?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm here now. Where are you?" I said, looking over the crowd for a blonde curled woman.

"Are you the one in a furry coat with a brown turtleneck, dark pants, and shoes?" She said through the phone.

I looked down at my outfit, "Yeah, I am."

She chuckled, "Zeke, I'm literally in front of you."

I glance upwards and saw her from a distance. I hang up the phone, walking towards her.

"You tied your hair. I was looking for the infamous curls," I said.

She shrugged while handing me a big envelope, "I don't have time to bother with them today. Here's your invitation."

I opened it and read the invitation to the fashion show by Alexander Wang.

I have no idea who is this dude, though. While I was reading, I can feel Dahlia's eyes scan me up and down. It was confirmed when I slightly looked up to her without her noticing it.

I stood straight and let my arms open wide, then turned for her. When I finished, she was blushing hard. "Did I dress well for the occasion?" I asked teasingly.

Dahlia nodded her head vigorously, "Good? You're wearing a $4500 coat, $2000 pants by Georgio Armani, and an $800 turtleneck from Boss. You look like you're the one walking on the runway tonight. You look great, Zeke." She finished, grinning.

"How did you know?" I asked in confusion how she got the brands and prices right.

She beemed up to me, "I'm a walking designer book at this point."

I chuckled while shaking my head, "My sister bought all of this a long time ago, and I never got to wear it."

"Anyways, we should go inside," she said.

I motioned for her to lead the way. And I can't help but smile at her personality.

"Invitations, please," the guy said at the event's place.

She showed her invitation, and so did I. "Oh, you're working for Vogue," he said, then both handed us an ID.

"Thank you," we both said before I followed her to the empty place.

There was a runway aisle with multiple chairs on its side.

"It's a backstage pass," Dahlia informed me. "I'm going to have a short interview with the designer. I know it can be boring, so it's ok if you don't like to come with me."

"It's okay. Might as well get the full experience," I gave her a smile which she returned.

We walked more until we entered behind the stage. It is full of racks of clothing and stylists who is busy with the models.

It was quite the chaos, actually.

"Is it really this messy here?" I asked Dahlia, who let out a laugh.

"This is organized already. When the show starts, this will look like a hurricane," she replied.

We reached a door with an "Alexander Wang" attached to it.

Dahlia knocked, and a female opened it. "Good evening. I'm Dahlia Hart from Vogue," she showed her pass and ID.

"Oh, yes. Mr. Wang is waiting for you," the woman greeted and let us in.

"Dahlia!" A voice exclaimed.

"It's nice to see you again, Alex," Dahlia spoke as the designer cheek to cheek her.

"I missed your face," Alexander pinched her cheeks before his eyes went to me. "Did you bring one of my models with you?"

Dahlia shook her head. "Oh, you're boyfriend? May I say that you have a good eye."

Dahlia and I chuckled as she shook her head again. "No. This is Zecheriah Valentine. He's my friend. He came to watch the show to support one of my friends walking on the runway later," she introduced.

"Dear, my bad. It's nice to meet you Zecheriah. I'm Alexander Wang," he extended his hand to me, which I took to shake.

"The pleasure is all mine," I politely said.

"You sure you're not a model, or you don't want to be?" He asked suspiciously.

I smiled, "I'm very sure."

"Well, if you changed your mind just ask Dahlia for my number," Alexander offered with a grin.

"Will do."

Alexander turned to Dahlia, "He is charming. Anyways, we can stay there for the interview." He motioned Dahlia on the director chairs.

"Sir, you can stay here," the female who opened the door directed me to the couch against the wall, which was across the room from Dahlia and Alexander.

Dahlia seated then glanced at me before she started talking. I gave her a wink which made her blush, and turns her head fast, which made me laugh.

"So, what is different in this collection from your previous ones?" She began the interview.

I was listening to how they talk, but a little later, the noise began to drown out of my ears.

Dahlia was sitting crossed-legged on the high seat. She was wearing a patterned black dress that hugged her coca-cola figure and v- neckline that showed her milky skin with a rose-patterned leather jacket on top of her shoulders. Her feet were in blackstrap heels, which made me question how can she walk from that high.

Her dirty blonde hair is tied in a neat low bun with her hair parted a little to the side. She had her usual light makeup but was done a little bit more by the glowy thing people put on their cheekbones and the brown powder to contour their faces. Her lashes were lengthy and volumized, while her lips were matte with a lipstick that is a nude color rather than her usual lipgloss. But still, her freckles danced on her skin, and her hazel eyes almost looked golden.

Her brows furrowed, and eyes narrowed as she listened to what Alexander was telling. She had the look of determination but smiled or laughed often, showing her white teeth. They weren't perfect. It was slightly crooked but it didn't make her smile less than what it is.

Beautiful.

And with that thought, a smile made its way on my face.

As I said, anyone with a pair of eyes would say she's beautiful. But seeing Dahlia in her work mode right now and during the photoshoot, I couldn't describe it.

I have no idea in the first place what I'm trying to say.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 13.5K 32
☾ featured ~ ❝Empty chest and misplaced heart, what can fix them if not love?❞ ☾ Started: January 15, 2021. Completed: May 27, 2021.
2.5K 177 50
❝ sometimes love isn't exactly what we think it's going to be. ❞ hearts & other breakable things by cassidy smith [ started: 2019 - 2021 ] [ edited...
1.2K 137 30
"And as I hold my crying, broken girl in my arms at the doctors office, I realize the true meaning of unconditional love. There isn't anything that...
9.5K 119 22
what happens when you fall in love with someone you can't be with, and be in a love triangle of two boys you don't like back, in a rollercoaster, wil...