KaiShin Oneshot

By Kai_1412_1

A book of oneshots about Kuroba Kaito and Kudo Shinichi sweet to angsty moments in different stories. Shinkai... More

Childhood Promise
Childhood Promise (Part II)
I'm Sorry⚠️
Forever Yours
Forever Yours (Part II)
Hidden Identity [ShinKai]
Hidden Identity [ShinKai] (Part II)
Hidden Identity [ShinKai] (Part III)
Sincerely Yours, Kudo Shinichi
Sincerely Yours, Kuroba Kaito
If Only I Was...
A/N
Christmas With[out?] You
Mistletoe
A New Year To Remember
Best Dating Spot[?]
Hiatus[?] (Not An Update)
Happy Valentines Day!
Chocolate Disaster
Don't, Please[...]
My Metantei
Rejection[?...] [ShinKai]
Full Moon
When I Met You
Her[?...]
You
Love Tonight
A/N [Please Read!!!]
Gift of Love
Precious Gift
Love Return (Afterstory of PG)
A/N: Announcement
Cursed Love[?]
Our Little Angel
Blind Love
Broken ⚠️
A/N: [Announcement]
Shelter
Different World
Sick Workaholic
Little Not Perfect
Till Death Reunites Us[...]
Happy Valentine's Day [2022]
In His Arms
Author's Note
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Reminiscence
Author's Return

Blind Love (Part II)

787 41 7
By Kai_1412_1

It's already been 30 minutes since they arrived at a nearby Cafe but no one dares to break the silent that has build up between them. Shinichi wanted to be the first to speak, ask how he has been, whether he finally obtained the jewel he was looking for or still on the search, and if the bond they had is still there... He has a lot of things he wanted to ask but he couldn't. He doesn't know why but he wanted Kid to do the honor of leading the conversation, he was the one who invited him to talk after all.

Shinichi 'looked' down at his mug of coffee and took a sip, waiting for Kid to break the silent which he finally did.

"I see you finally return back to your body, Metantei. How... have you been? You disappeared for two years and I have no idea where you have gone to."

Kid spend the entire two years looking for Shinichi, trying to find if he has successfully returned back to his body or if he's still in the process of making an antidote. When he finally decided to visit Shinichi without any sort of disguised and only himself as Kuroba Kaito, he was excited and also nervous to show himself before the Metantei he adores... but upon sneaking in, a painful hole opened up in his chest once he found out Shinichi disappeared. He thought he was still in the care of his childhood friend but upon arriving, he was still nowhere in sight. It was like he disappeared into thin air... 

He knew that it has something to do with the drug he got for the detective, where he's somewhere safe with creating an antidote to return him back to normal however, the pain of the possibility of not seeing Shinichi anymore still haunts him. When he was on the verge of giving up, Kid heard a couple of rumors from the detective's fan that they saw Shinichi at the airport in a 'weird get-up'. Of course he didn't waste any time and wanted to head to his place but for some reason, he couldn't and was forced to stand by for awhile.

Upon hearing that his friends will be coming over, Kid took this opportunity and headed as well but not too close that will make his Metantei notice him. The moment he sees Shinichi for the first time in 2 years, in a 'weird get-up' the rumors said, his heart sank. Is this... the caused of the antidote? The caused of the drug he risked his life getting and giving it to his Metantei, the consequence is losing his eyesight?

Despite not seeing anything, Shinichi felt the sudden change of mood surrounding the Phantom Thief in front of him. Knowing why it changed, he put a smile on his face while placing the coffee down and slowly, he removed his glasses catching the attention of the magician. What Kid saw made his heart flutter as his eyes were meet by a beautiful ocean blue eyes.

It was strange, despite going blind, the beautiful color of Shinichi's iris still remain. Maybe because it was caused by a side effect of a drug? He didn't know however knowing that the eyes he always adored still remain the same as before made him smiled.

"I'll arrest you right here on the spot if you even dare thought of blaming yourself. I was the one who took the risk and took it so it was bound to happened. Though I really didn't expect to lose my eyesight."

Taking another sip from his coffee, Kid only shook his head and snickered. His Metantei is really something else. He knew that it wasn't his fault but just the thought of the detective not being able to see him, as his real self with no mask on still made him down. However, he can still do something for him that will make them both happy. 

"Well, it's a bummer that you wouldn't get to see what the Phantom Thief you've been trying to catch really look like however, I could 'show' you this instead."

Gently and carefully, Kaito grab ahold of both Shinichi's hand and places them on his face. Grinning from ear to ear as Shinichi slowly started to feel the magician's face. The soft and flawless cheeks down to his perfectly shaped chin, his pointed nose and soft lips and carefully, his eyelids where he feels the long eye lashes of the thief. Even though he couldn't quite visualize what he looked like, he still felt happy to be able to touch his face with no disguises on. Just him in his persona which strangely made something flutter in his chest.

Satisfied, Shinichi retrieved his hands but was surprised when Kid grabbed ahold of his hand and said something that he wished he found out first with thorough investigation but nevertheless, accepted it knowing it'll be a challenge for him to find it on his own.

"Kuroba Kaito is the name. I hope that I can still get to see you even if you're no longer the Kid Killer, Shinichi."

"Likewise, I wouldn't want your crimes to increase after all so keeping you around will greatly benefit the both of us."

***

It's already been three months since they started living together per Kaito's request with helping him around the manor. Spending two years away from home, he really needed the help re-memorizing the rooms which he's slowly getting a hang of. Also, he didn't want to take more of Haibara and Professor Agasa's time by taking care of him, they were already a big help for being there for two years during their time in Los Angeles. 

Right now, Shinichi and Kaito are currently at the Library with a braille book in hand, as he might've assumed, the magician is currently shuffling a deck of card right beside him. While listening to the cards shuffling and Kaito casually whistling, it slowly died down gaining his attention. Kaito glanced to his side and when he finally sees that he had gain the detective's attention, he started speaking while he continues shuffling the cards.

"You sure you don't regret what you did the other day? Who knew the day will come where you will let her go."

"Baro (idiot), if you were on my position, you would have done the same to the girl you hold dearly."

Yesterday, Shinichi had a private conversation with Ran at the Living Room with Kaito accidently hearing their conversation upon passing by the area. Shinichi broke up with Ran with the reason of not wanting her to be stuck with a disabled person like him. He didn't want to be a hinder when she's now pursuing of becoming a great lawyer like her mother. She needed someone by her side helping her out and he's not the right person for that. It took awhile before Ran finally accepted it, knowing that she cannot changed Shinichi's mind anymore and left. 

Kaito left Shinichi with his thoughts for awhile since he needed it, without knowing that Shinichi knew of his presence. There was actually another reason why he needed to break things with Ran, the burning passion he holds dearly for the passed years of being with her slowly died down. It took him awhile to realized it but, there was a certain someone who had replaced the flame of love burning in his chest. Someone unexpected and, he didn't dislike it.

Honestly speaking? The first time he suddenly realized something was wrong, Shinichi has started to feel strange around Kaito. No, it's not that he doesn't trust him, moreover he was surprised that the magician has easily earned his trust with no efforts needed. Is this another mystery to be solve towards the magician he now treats as a close friend? And a month flew by and finally, he got the answer and has solved the mystery in his heart. 

Shinichi fell in love with Kaito.

"Hmm, not really. Since I don't have someone I like at the moment. Well, not a 'she' if I gotta be honest with you."

Upon hearing Kaito's words and the sudden stopped of the shuffling sound, Shinichi froze to his spot and turn his head to the direction of where he heard his voice. What.. did he mean by that? Does that mean he indeed has someone he holds dearly but not a she? Then-

Shinichi flinched when he felt a hand on his that is resting on the floor in between him and Kaito. The contact made him flustered causing him to move his head away from the magician's direction, feeling his heart beating fast with the possible theory he has in his head being true. Shinichi didn't want to, he shouldn't but unfortunately, he wanted it to be true. 

The detective couldn't see it but the serious expression on Kaito's face and the eyes filled with love and passion that is staring at the ocean blue eyes of his is an inevitable evidence that he, too, has long fallen in love with the blind detective in front of him. At first, Kaito thought he was only growing closer with the detective he respects and trust but the longer he spend his time living under the same roof as him? The feeling of friendship he mistaken was a love in disguise that has finally uncovered itself the more he thought of Shinichi. 

Just as Kaito was about to open his mouth and finally convey the feelings he harbors for the detective, they were both startled by the door of the Library opening.

"Are you two here? I brought some curry. We made too much-"

The scene in front of the tiny scientist was both confusing and weirded out after seeing a magician laying down on the floor on his side holding a braille book in hand and a detective sitting crossed legged beside him with an upside down normal book pretending to read it by dragging his fingers to the smooth and not dotted book in hand. What nonsense has she witnessed now between these two idiots?

Not wanting to get involved in whatever situation the two has, she slowly closed the door and placed the curry at the kitchen, leaving without a word.

After hearing the door closed, Shinichi let out a sighed of relief then started feeling around beside him for his braille book until he finally grab ahold of Kaito's head, getting flustered for the second time while retrieving his hand but he was stopped by the magician grabbing it. His now calmed heart suddenly began beating fast again when he felt a soft pair of lips pressed against the back of his hand.

Finally, he gave up and covered his face with his free hand, knowing and feeling the teasing gazed Kaito is giving him as he sighed. They're already aware of each other's feelings for one another so why do they have to endure and be in such an awkward situation?

Slowly, he uncovered his face and gently cup Kaito's face, slowly pressing his forehead against his despite knowing the still flustered expression on his face. Kaito was surprised by his affectionate gesture but didn't dare moved. With a smile on his face, he reached out his hand and places it behind the detective's head, staring back at his beautiful eyes that possessed the color of the ocean.

"Omae.. (You..) Can you at least let my heart calm down for a second?"

"No. You already let this Phantom Thief into your life so you gotta have to deal with me for the rest of it~"

With a wide grinned on Kaito's face, Shinichi only chuckled to his words and finally, they conveyed the beautiful gem they called love with a passionate kiss.

***
A/N: Hope Y'all love this Oneshot!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.7K 2.1K 66
[Undergoing Editing] A book of oneshots of our beloved Kuroba Kaito/Kaitou Kid! Disclaimer: I do not own Magic Kaito nor Kuroba Kaito. Credits to...
2.9K 134 29
Two Girls One New World More Boys One Destiny Two paths to take Two girls, forced to save a world not of their own. Their lives already seemed diffi...
41.9K 1.7K 55
Disclaimer: The characters are from both Detective Conan and Magic Kaito anime. They both created by Gosho Aoyama. . Summary: Just random oneshots a...
94K 7.5K 100
[Book 1] Due to an unfortunate encounter with a magical gem, Kaito grows wings. Deep black ones. Humans don't have wings, fearful of being experiment...