Ghosts ✔️

By SettleDown1D

A postwar fic where Harry barely speaks anymore, and no one understands him the way Draco Malfoy does. One ap... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Final Author's Note
Sequel
Completion!
Thank You / Other Works

Chapter 29

15.8K 658 280
By SettleDown1D

Harry was absolutely buzzing as he waited for Draco to get back. He had loved all of the clothes, and Harry was hoping he would love everything else even more.

Finally, Draco came back downstairs.

"Miss me?"

"Every moment we're apart sweetheart."

Harry got up and pulled Draco's chair out for him.

"Thank you. What's for dinner?"

"I got some help from your mother. She told me some of your favorites, so I cooked them", Harry admitted sheepishly.

Draco's heart soared. He didn't think these feelings he had for Harry were influenced by lust anymore. He wanted to care for Harry in the same way Harry had cared for him.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"I'm just very touched that you would do something like this for me."

"Of course I would. This isn't even the best part yet."

"I've tasted your cooking before, are you sure about that?"

"Positive. I'd do anything for you. You're the only one who's really cared for me throughout all of this. It's been hard trying to figure myself and everything else out, but you've never rushed me. You have no ulterior motive that I can tell."

"I may have one", Draco said jokingly, leaning forward over his plate.

Harry could tell by the small twitching at the corners of Draco's mouth and the glint in his eyes that he was joking.

"And what would that be?"

"It's something quite small really. I don't think you'll even miss it."

"Yes?"

"I only want your last name."

Harry laughed and grabbed Draco's hand lightly.

"It's yours to take", Harry replied with a wink and a squeeze of Draco's hand. "Let's eat before it gets cold."

They talked and laughed over dinner as Draco raved about the food.

"What now?", Draco asked once they were done.

"It's still early. The last part is for around midnight when it's your actual birthday."

"So we have a few hours to kill. Can we watch a movie?"

"Anything you want.

"Oh darling don't tempt me with anything I want. This will do for now."

Draco walked to Harry's safe room and opened the door. His jaw dropped at the sight before him. The main design was the same, but where the walls were once bare, they were now covered in wizard pictures. Specifically, a lot containing Draco.

Harry watched as Draco looked at every single picture, even the ones that he wasn't in.

"Potter?"

"Hmm?"

"Why do you have a picture of us sleeping on your wall?"

"I got a very nice owl from your mother, who was passing on photos from Parkinson."

"I could've gone my whole life without knowing what I looked like sleeping."

"We both look a lot more peaceful."

"Look how chubby your cheeks were in first year", Draco cooed.

"Yes, hilarious."

"Is this you as a baby?"

"With Sirius and Remus. Professor Lupin. The baby I'm holding in the next photo is my godson Teddy."

"My cousin. I've met him a few times. Mother is strengthening old family ties again. Aunt Andromeda says you want to take him in?"

"When he's older and I have my life together. I still visit though whenever I can."

Harry smiled at the photo in question. Teddy was one of the most important people in his life.

"I'd like kids one day, but I don't think I'd be a very good father. Seems to run in the Malfoy family."

"You're taking my name remember?", Harry teased. "I don't know from personal experience but I hear the Potters have been good fathers."

"I know you'll be a great father Scarhead. Just look at what you did with the DA. You have the patience, you're a great listener, and most importantly is that you don't give up on people. You see the good in everyone, even if they're a lost cause."

Harry watched as Draco lightly ran his hand over his left forearm.

"Growing up, no one saw the good in me. I know what it's like. Let's watch something."

Draco wasn't going to let the change in topic go, but he figured Harry would speak to him when he was ready. There's no reason for both of them to be upset and somber. They were celebrating Draco afterall, and he was the life of the party in his prime.

"Dazzle me darling, what are we watching?"

"I didn't have anything particular in mind."

"I think we should start watching a show together."

"A show?"

"Yes. It's a much longer commitment."

"You don't need an excuse to come and visit me, you know, but I'm fine with that. You pick."

Draco took his rightful place curled up into Harry's side and sighed contently.

"Don't fall asleep on me Prince."

"That's for later. I still have another present waiting don't I?"

"Indeed you do."

Draco took the remote and started looking through Harry's watch list.

"Merlin Potter, don't you have anything on here that isn't morbid?"

"Erm. I have some cooking shows?", Harry replied with a laugh.

"I do like food. What's Cupcake Wars? Is that like a food fight?"

"They're given ingredients and themes they have to follow and they have to make these crazy cupcake displays and they compete for money."

"Huh. It sounds less interesting now. I was expecting cupcakes to be flying across a room. What about Chopped?"

"You get this basket full of all of these crazy ingredients and you have to make an appetizer, an entree, and a dessert typically in about half an hour. There's 3 rounds and everyone competes and whoever the judge chooses wins the money", Harry explained.

"Do they get normal ingredients?"

"I've seen a few episodes. There have been bugs and like animal heads."

"I'm both intrigued and disgusted", Draco replied, wrinkling his nose.

"Can I tell you a secret?"

"Of course you can."

"Sometimes I have Kreacher pull out random ingredients and I just cook with whatever's in the house. It's quite fun actually. It keeps me occupied."

"You could have worse hobbies. What's Cutthroat Kitchen? Is that one violent?"

"Only mentally. I think you're going to like this one. I won't even tell you what it's about."

Harry and Draco found themselves completed invested in the show.

"He would totally be a Slytherin. I absolutely love this man. He's an evil genius!"

"Imagine if they got so tired of us fighting that they forced us to be chained together at a desk every class."

"Oh Merlin. No offense to you but I would not have survived."

"I'm just too irresistible to you, I know", Harry teased.

Draco didn't even try denying it.

"If I knew you liked cuddling so much I would've befriended you sooner. I'm deprived of physical affection as you may have noticed."

"You're not the only one. I'm only comfortable with you lying against me like this. It's nice though. And you always smell really good."

"I'm slowly seducing you. Is it working?"

"You can figure that out for yourself later tonight. One more episode and then we'll go out for your last surprise."

"Go out?"

"You'll see Prince. I hope you like it."

"You planned it for me, I'm sure I will Scarhead."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.5K 3.6K 29
Various Drarry one shots I come up with that don't fit in with the storylines of my full length Drarry books. Cover designed by @izzy_926 I don't ow...
61.3K 3.3K 25
Artist! Harry and Businessman! Draco Muggle AU. Or the one where Harry's fax machine buttons are so covered in paint that he mistypes his intended p...
990K 31.1K 61
《 c o m p l e t e d 》 One late afternoon, after plotting with Pansy, Hermione and Ron decided to steal Harry's phone and change most of his contacts'...
321K 12.2K 38
An 8th year Drarry fic where Harry barely speaks anymore, but Draco doesn't need words to understand him. After spending the summer together and beg...