RWBBY 10

By Logan_Is_Elsewhere

Remnant a world full of magic and monsters. But what happens when a certain shape-shifting alien hero drops i... More

Chp.1 In Remnant There Was 10
Chp. 3 The Shining Beacon Part 2
Chp. 4 The First Step Part 1
Chp. 5 The First Step Part 2
Chp. 6 The Emerald Forest Part 1
Chp. 7 The Emerald Forest Part 2
Chp. 8 Players and Pieces
Chp. 9 The Badge and The Burden Part 1
Chp. 10 The Badge and The Burden Part 2
Chp. 11 Jaunedice Part 1
Chp. 12 Jaunedice Part 2
Chp. 13 Forever Fall Part 1
Chp. 14 Forever Fall Part 2
Chp. 15 The Stray
Chp. 16 Black and White
Chp. 17 Best Day Ever
Chp. 18 Welcome to Beacon
Chp. 19 A Minor Hiccup
Chp. 20 Painting The Town...

Chp. 2 The Shining Beacon Part 1

4K 59 16
By Logan_Is_Elsewhere

As they arrive several ships carrying students begin docking at the school. As soon as one lands, Jaune Arc emerges and goes over to the nearest trash can, hunching over it as he loses his lunch.

Ben walks over to him and pays him on the back.

Ben: That's it bud, just let it all out.

Ruby and Yang, alongside several other students, walk out of the ship and head down the paved path to the front of the school.

Ruby and Yang: Wow...

Yang: The view from Vale's got nothing on this!"

Ben: You said it I'm not even from here and this place is amazing.

Ruby then begins to feel out as she see other students weapons.

Ruby: Ohmygosh, sis! That kid's got a collapsible staff! And she's got a fire sword! Ow! Ooww!

Yang: Easy there, little sister. They're just weapons!

Ben: Yeah no need to get so excited Ruby.

Ruby: 'Just weapons'? They're an extension of ourselves! They're a part of us! Oh, they're so cool!

Yang: Well, why can't you swoon over your own weapon? Aren't you happy with it?

Ruby unsheathes her weapon revealing it in all its glory.

Ruby: Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people, but better...

Yang: Ruby, come on, why don't you go try and make some friends of your own?

Ruby: But... why would I need friends if I have you and Ben?

Yang: Well... Actually, my friends are here. Gotta go catch up. 'Kay, see ya, bye!

Ruby then gets spun around very fast making her dizzy.

Ruby: Wait, where are you going?! Are we supposed to go to our dorms? Where are our dorms? Do we have dorms? I don't know what I'm doing...

Ruby falls backwards into a luggage cart, sending cases flying. Someone is standing over her.

Weiss: What are you doing?!

Ben rushes over to Ruby after seeing her fall.

Ben: Ruby are you okay?

Ruby: Uh, sorry!

Weiss: Sorry?! Do you have any idea of the damage you could have caused?

Ruby: Uuhhh...

Weiss: Give me that! This is Dust- mined and purified from the Schnee quarry!

Ruby: Uuuhhhh...

Weiss: What are you, brain-dead? Dust! Fire, water, lightning, energy!

Ben: Hey Ice Queen! She said she was sorry get off her case about it!

Weiss: I don't need your input mister, she should know better!

Weiss begins shaking a dust vile in Ruby's face.

Ruby: I... I know...

Weiss: Are you even listening to me? Is any of this sinking in? What do you have to say for yourself?!

Eventually the dust is too much for Ruby and she sneezes erupting in a large explosion of flames, snowflakes and electricity onto Weiss. The bottle she had been holding flies over the courtyard and at the feet of Blake Belladonna, who picks it up and notices the Schnee Dust Company logo on the side as she reads from a book and looks over at the scene.

Weiss: Unbelievable! This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about!

Ruby: I'm really, really sorry!

Weiss: Ugh, you complete dolt! What are you even doing here? Aren't you a little young to be attending Beacon?

Ben: Hey, Little Miss Entitled I'll say it again. Lay off her case, it was accident.

Ruby: Well, I-I...

Weiss: This isn't your ordinary combat school. It's not just sparring and practice, you know! We're here to fight monsters, so... watch where you're going!

Ruby: Hey, I said I was sorry, princess!

Blake: It's heiress, actually. Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee Dust Company, one of the largest producers of energy propellant in the world.

Weiss: Finally! Some recognition!

Blake: The same company infamous for its controversial labor forces and questionable business partners.

Weiss: Wha- How dare- The nerve of... Ugh!

Weiss storms off in anger after hearing the remark made about her family business.

Ruby: I promise I'll make this up to you! I guess I'm not the only one having a rough first day... So, what's...

Ruby turns around see Blake walking away from her, she then collapses to the ground.

Ruby: Welcome to Beacon...

Ben: You okay Ruby?

Ben sits down beside her until a familiar face shows up offering her his hand.

Jaune: Hey... I'm Jaune.

Ruby: Ruby.

Ben: Ben.

Ruby: Aren't you the guy that threw up on the ship?
-----------------------------------------------------------
The trio then begin walking along a path in the courtyard.

Jaune: All I'm saying is that motion sickness is a much more common problem than people let on!

Ruby: Look, I'm sorry! Vomit Boy was the first thing that came to mind.

Jaune: Oh, yeah? What if I called you Crater Face?

Ruby: Hey, that explosion was an accident!

Ben: All I know is never get into the name game with me I've got 62 friends and they all have better names than that.

Jaune: Well, the name's Jaune Arc! Short, sweet, rolls off the tongue - ladies love it!

Ruby: Do they?

Ben: Yeah, overconfident much?

Jaune: They will! Well, I-I hope they will. My mom always says that... Never mind.

Soon the group is surrounded by an awkward silence. Ruby finally decides to break the silence.

Ruby: So... I got this thing!

Ruby pull out Crescent Rose and transforms it slamming the scythe blade into the ground.

Jaune: Whoa! Is that a scythe?

Ruby: It's also a customizable high-impact sniper rifle!

Jaune: A-wha...?

Ruby: It's also a gun.

Jaune: Oh. That's cool!

Ruby: So what've you got?

Jaune: Oh! I, uh... I got this sword!

Ruby: Ooooohh!

Jaune: Yeah, and I've got a shield, too!

Ruby: So, what do they do?

Ruby touches Jaime's shield causing to retract he fumble with his shield with I constantly contracting and retracting until he finally gets ahold of it.

Jaune: The shield gets smaller, so when I get tired of carrying it, I can just... put it away...

Ruby: But... wouldn't it weigh the same?

Jaune: Yeah, it does... So... What's your weapon Ben?

Ben: All I need is this bad boy right here.

Ben holds up his wrist revealing the Omnitrix to them, light glistening off of it.

Jaune: A watch? So what does it do?

Ben: Well I mean it's a little complicated how it works but I'll show you later.

Ruby: Who cares how it works! You should've seen him Jaune he was like "Thooooooom and Woooosh" and then he curled into a ball and floated it was amazing!

Ben: Well I've got a lot more where that came from.

Ruby: Well, I'm kind of a dork when it comes to weapons, sooo... yeah I geeked out about Ben's weapon and I guess I did go a little overboard when designing Crescent Rose.

Jaune: Wait - you made that?!

Ruby: Of course! All students at Signal forge their own weapons! Didn't you make yours?

Jaune: It's a hand-me-down. My great-great-grandfather used it to fight in the war.

Ruby: Sounds more like a family heirloom to me! Well, I like it! Not many people have an appreciation for the classics these days.

Jaune: Yeah, the classics...

Ruby: So why'd you help me out back there? In the courtyard?

Jaune: Eh, why not? My mom always says, 'Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet.'

Ruby: Hmm. Hey, where are we going?

Jaune: Oh, I don't know! I was following you two. Y-You think there might be a directory? Maybe a food court? Some sort of recognizable landmark? Is, uh... Is that a 'no'?"

Ruby: That's a 'no'.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 14 10
In the supernatural universe of Remnant, four strong girls and a boy are training to become Huntresses, which are humanity's only hope of defeating t...
6.5K 137 25
Team RWBY are reunited at Haven Academy, planning their next move against Cinder and Salem, when a new enemy rises from the darkness, a new servant o...
4.7K 38 28
Ben gets brought into the RWBY world with the omnitrix, with only some of his old aliens and some new ones on his side will he survive and can he sav...
4.9K 171 54
Mistral has fallen, the Knights of Grimm are killing all life on Remnant and Death is hatching some sort of scheme that could prove lethal to both si...