The Dead Never Return

By bboydgryffindor

Voldemort's dead. The war is over. The unnessesary bloodshed stopped. The Wizarding World is changing for the... More

Author's Note
The Begining to the Impossible
Nova Tries Killing The Dead
Nova's Plan
What If They Leave Again?
First Year Part One
First Year Part Two
First Year Part Three
First Year Final Part
What The Actual Fu-
Second Year Part One
Second Year Part Two
Second Year Part Three
Second Year Final Part
The Unexpected Visitors
Nova's Favorite Animal Mosquitos
Third Year Part One
Third Year Part Two
The First Message
Fourth Year
Date Night Interrupted
Fifth Year

Saint Mungos

5.1K 220 289
By bboydgryffindor

The Weasleys, Returners, Blaise, Theo, and Hermione were all staying at Potter Manor for the next few weeks. Nova and Harry offered everyone rooms without a moment's hesitation. Everyone was assigned to their rooms after Hermione and Ron, Lily and James, and Remus and Sirius fought over who would be closest to Harry and Nova.

As per usual, Nova slept soundly with Harry pulling her back against his chest. His arm was wrapped tightly around her waist as if expecting someone to steal her in his sleep. He could smell her rose shampoo and it brought him a sense of comfort, a sense of happiness. He remembers all of those months wishing she were there, and now she was.

Downstairs was complete chaos. Lily and Dorcas with the help of Hermione, Blaise, and Ginny decided to make Harry and Nova some cookies for their hospitality. However, James and Marlene kept eating the batter. Remus was laying face-first on the floor after he tripped over one of Teddy's shoes and has yet to get up. Tonks was giving Teddy a bath after Sirius decided to let him paint. Fred and George were currently with the Marauders trying to prank Harry and Nova. Remus and Theo soon joined. Draco was hiding in his room, not wanting to participate in any of the occurrences. Charlie was with Nyx.

Nova snuggled deeper into Harry's chest.

"Has everyone got the plan?" Remus asked with a devilish grin.

"One, yes. I understand the plan," Ron nodded. "Two. Your grin is too smiliar to Nova's and it's bloody scary."

"What did you think, Ronnikins?" George rolled his eyes. "He is her father."

"Did you think she'd look like a tree or something?" Fred added.

"Hey, Padfoot," James grinned. "Remember when you tried-"

"For the last bloody time, it was a dare!"

Shadow glared at Harry as she made her way over to Nova. She kept clawing Nova's arm gently to give the sleeping woman the hint. In response, Nova lifted her arm so Shadow can climb under. When she set her arm back down, her arms snaked around to Shadow's chest.

Shadow, as Harry always claimed, was definately unique. She didn't care how Nova held her as long as it was Nova holding her. However, if anyone else came near her, it was another war.

The door to Harry and Nova's room slowly opened and seven people filled the room.

"Do they not know the meaning of space management?" James asked increduously as he looked at the two. Instead of being in the middle of the bed, they were on the very edge. "How do they not fall off?"

"Are they wearing clothes?" Sirius demanded. "They better be wearing clothes or I'll become the next Voldemort."

"They're wearinf clothes, you idiot!" Remus hissed. "And Prongs, you and Flower are just as bad."

"Oh no," Ron groaned as he saw Shadow glaring at them. Her green eyes were like lazers, cutting into their very soul.

"It's just the cat," Marlene rolled her blue eyes.

Shadow's glare shifted to Marlene.

"I take that back," she whispered. "That's a terrifying cat."

Nova and Harry had both woken up admist the noise. They remained where they were, not moving. Nova's hand slowly slipped over top of his hand.

He felt the proding in the back of his mind. However, instead of fighting it, he let the person in.

They're idiots, Nova's voice came calmly through his mind.

A speacial breed of idiots, he agreed.

Shortly after returning home from the war, Nova told Harry she had mastered legilimency and occulemacy. It became a thing for the two to speak through Harry's mind due to the fact he couldn't master legilimency yet.

It scared Ron more than he'd care to admit. The two were already intimidating enough as it was, add on to the fact they could communicate silently, he was terrified for their enemies. He, of course, didn't know about their telepathy of sorts, he only knew that, ever since they were young, could communicate with mere glances.

When Fred blew the air horn, nothing happened.

"Run!" Ron shouted, knowing what was coming.

Before anyone could move, they were all hanging upside down in the air by their ankles.

"Harry, get the window please," Nova grinned.

Harry walked across the bedroom, making sure not to set off any pranks. He opened the window and Nova quite literally threw everyone out of the window.

At least she added a cusion on the end for them.

"I told you!" Hermione sang.

***

"Fifty laps!" Coach shouted. "The first one done gets out of conditioning today!"

"See ya later, ladies!" Oliver grinned as he took off down the pitch, the team not far behind.

Nova had not moved. She simply stood there next to Coach.

"Coach, I-"

"If you tell me you're pregnant, I will be killing Potter," he cut her off.

"I'm not," Nova's face turned scarlet. "I wanted to tell you that I'm leaving early today."

"Why?" he demanded, wheeling around to look at her.

"Doctor's Appointment," Nova lied smoothly.

"Alright," Coach nodded. "But if you don't beat their sorry asses on these laps, I'm not letting you leave."

"See ya later, Captain," she grinned and took off down the pitch.

***

Nova walked through the threshold of Saint Mungos. She left her Quidditch bag on her motorcycle, seeing as she was not meant to tell anyone besides her family she is with the Puddlemere United team.

Everything and everyone stopped to look at her. Many people looked at her in a mix of shock and amazement. It wasn't long until people began to dig in their pockets for some sort of paper and pen.

Nova made her way to the desk, trying to ignore the stares.

"Is there a possibility I could see Frank and Alice Longbottom?" she said pleasently.

The receptionist just nodded and pointed in the direction she was meant to walk.

"Thank you," she flashed him a smile.

As she moved, people parted. They watched her like she was some diety.

This is why I don't like leaving the Manor, Nova thought to herself.

Nova recieved similar treatment when she got to the ward in which Alice and Frank were held.

"Mrs. Potter!" exclaimed one of the nurses.

"It's still Lupin-Black, ma'am," Nova correctly with a soft smile. "Harry and I have not married."

"My apologizes, Miss Lupin-Black," she corrected as her ears turned a bright red.

"Is there a way I could visit Frank and Alice Longbottom?"

"Yes. of course-"

"Alone, please," she whispered. "It's a personal thing."

"That's not a problem," the nurse nodded.

"Thank you-" Nova read her name tag. "Patty."

Patty beamed and rushed off, whispering to herself "Nova Lupin-Black knows my name!"

Nova walked over to the woman with a kind face and short brown hair. From all she's heard from Neville, her aunts, uncles, and dads, Alice was one of the kindest people. She didn't know as much about Frank, but she knew he, much like his wife, was kind and brave.

"Mr. and Mrs. Longbottom," Nova greeted softly. "I'm not sure if you remember me, but I'm Nova. Nova Lupin-Black."

Neither made any sort of movement to show they acknowledged her.

"I'm a friend of Neville's," Nova said. It hurt her heart to know that they didn't know their own son. She couldn't imagine the pain Neville felt.

"I think you'd be proud of him. I know that I am," she began. "He's very brave and very kind. He fought against Voldemort. He spoke out against him. He kept the rebellion going while I was-while I was . . .gone.

"He weilded the Sword of Godric Gryffindor. He has never believe he was meant to be in Gryffindor, but I do. I know that he was meant to be in the house of the brave years ago. He views bravery as things being done in large extents, not the small acts. He is brave. His bravery doesn't present itself in the flashiness mine does."

Nova looked around and saw she was alone with the two, just as promised.

"Many people miss you. Not just Neville. Lily, James, Remus, Sirius, Marlene, and Dorcas all miss you," she whispered, placing hand on both of their hands. Her left on Frank's cold hand and her right on Alice's warm one.

"They're back," she whispered. "They're alive."

Nova closed her eyes and pictured Dorcas. Her face and smile flashed across her mind. She pictured Marlene with a smirk. James and Lily followed. Then her dads.

For the first time since Nova arrived, Alice moved to look at her.

"Friends?"

A tear slid down Nova's cheek as she looked up.

"Yeah. They are your friends," she said sadly. "And they love you very much. Very very much."

Nova put the image of Neville in their mind through her skill of legilimency. She showed them him working with plants. She showed them him after the battle. She showed them him with a smile. She showed them him at the Yule Ball.

"Neville," Frank nodded.

Another tear slid down Nova's cheek.

"Yeah. That's your son."

She showed them an image of her Pa showing her a picture of her, Neville, and Harry. They were giggling at something.

"I know it's something empty to hope for, but I hope you get better. I hope that you can meet your son in the right mind, that you can remember him," she said softly. "He deserves that. He deserves to be happy."

Nova closed her eyes, trying to control her tears.

Unknown to Nova, her hands began to glow a gold.

"Goodbye," she said softly as she stood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 587 18
After the devastation of the Battle of Hogwarts many people were left without their loved ones. So the golden trio and the others decide to return to...
57.5K 1.2K 34
When Lily and James Potter wake up one morning, they KNOW something is off. Their street is riddled with Death Eaters and their house is in shambles...
3.1K 46 21
The people who died during the wizarding wars who weren't with Voldemort are returning and being checked over at st mongo's what happens when the mar...
442K 10.8K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...