same as in the past

Por scthompson

Angeline Beaufort and Klay Thompson dated when they were young, but Angeline had to return to her hometown, P... Más

1. the new girl
2.the game
3. I hate goodbyes
5. I thought I would never see her again
6. do you want to like, hang out?
7. the date
8. Independence Day
9. do we go to the curry house???
10.I want spend all the time with u
11. u and me under of the moonlight
12. acting work
13. Can we talk?
14. Paris is the city of love, isn't it?
15. I hurt myself
16.The night of gala
17. What are you afraid of?
18. wedding plans
19. Moons
20. the beginning of a new chapter
21. epilogue

4. apparently time has passed

488 9 0
Por scthompson

 The last time Klay and Angeline saw each other was before the girl left. It had been a long time. At the beginning it was hard for both sides, Klay had a hard time concentrating on training and only thought about her. Angeline focused on her studies, since the schools in France were more demanding, but she still thought about him.

 Klay grew up being the most handsome on the team, he was able to go out with some girls and always went to parties. Angeline started dating Timothee, the guy was sweet, super polite and treated her like a queen.

 Moving forward, Klay was drafted. He started college, but for his talent, he got a spot on the Golden State Warriors quickly, and for his talent, he signed a starting contract after only thirty games. He was the name of the team.

 Not only him, two years earlier, a boy named Stephen Curry joined the team. And he became, not only a teammate, but became his best friend. They sometimes went out to dinner after some games, Klay would go to Steph and his wife's house, and even play with their little daughter. 

 He was completely fine, happy and satisfied with everything that was happening. Angeline had broken up with Timothee about two months ago, the only thing on her mind was why this time it hadn't hurt as much as ...well you know.

 The rest of her high school had been perfect, she loved her French friends. She got into college quickly because of her intelligence. And now she was looking for a Ph.

-Hey hey, did you get an answer to anything yet? -Riley, her long time friend, arrived at the cafeteria she was in.

-Not really. -Angel closes the notebook and lets go of her body on the chair.

-There's still time, you're smart. You know that.

 She is smart, and that's why she got into college. But she didn't want to go, because college was in her old town in the United States.

 She didn't want to abandon her father, and neither did her friends. Not again.

 So she preferred to lie to Riley, because she knew that if she talked, the girl would insist.

[ - ]

-Dad, if you had the opportunity to go to a good college, would you go?

-Of course, why not?

-even if it was in another country?

-Why are you asking me this?

-I’ve passed college in San Francisco.

-That's wonderful, my dear. -He got up from his chair and went to give her a hug.

-It's not, Dad, you know I don't want to leave you here.

-I'm old now, I have nothing left to lose. But you are still young, and you have a beautiful dream ahead of you.

-But... I don't know.

-Look, as your father, I want the best for you, so go. You deserve it.

And she went.

 It was strange to be back in that town, you know, after so long. It was strange that things were exactly the same, the pleasant weather was the same, the movement of cars was exactly the same. The only thing that was different was her.

 Making friends in college may seem difficult, but Angeline's charisma won over her roommate.

 Milena was Brazilian, had recently moved to San Francisco, and was studying marine biology. The two had arrived at the college on the same day, which made their friendship easier.

-I'm going to Kyle's party, do you want to go?

-You didn't go to a party like... yesterday? -Angel asks, taking her eyes off the book and focusing on the girl.

-The thing I do most is go to a party, love. Please go, I don't want to be alone.

-That's good. -She laughs and gets up. -Wait five minutes, I need to look presentable.

 Angeline chose a tight black dress and a boot with heels in the same color as the dress.

 She didn't go to parties very dressed up, because she didn't go to many. But she also didn't need to show up in sweatpants and a pajama top.

 College parties are a little different from school parties, and a little different from French parties, so Angel was startled when he saw a large amount of young people drinking, dancing on the table and the like.

-I'm going over there to talk to Kyle, will you be okay there?

-Yes, of course. -Angeline nods her head and goes to the bar to get something.

 With the glass in her hand, she leans against a wall and listens to the music (which she didn't know), not realizing that someone had arrived at her side.

-Hi. -An unfamiliar voice speaks.

-Hi. -Angeline looks a bit startled, and sees that it's a boy who studies with her. She had seen him a few times before but never paid enough attention.

-Are you new? Like, I've seen you in college, but never at a party.

-I am, actually I just arrived last month.

 The two stood in awkward silence until Milena and Kyle arrived.

-Brother, stop trying the new girl's patience.

-What is it Kyle? I'm not doing anything.

-Wait, are you guys brothers? -Milena asks incredulously.

-We're kind of alike, haven't you noticed? -Kyle laughs.

-Never. -Milena laughs too.

-Alex, we're going to Golden's game, want to go?

-Of course, we don't have class tomorrow anyway.

-Thank God. -Milena raises her arms to the sky, which makes me laugh. -Do you want to go Angel?

-I'm not really into basketball.

-What do you mean you moved to San Francisco and don't like basketball? Watching Stephen Curry play, like, the best thing in the world. -Alex says all excited.

-Who is Stephen?

-Okay, we need to educate her. -Kyle says while drinking the liquid from his glass.
 The truth is, it's not as if she hated basketball, but the sport reminded her of things she wanted to forget.

-Beautiful, I'm going.

 The end of the party was as chaotic as it could get, she wasn't much of a drinker, but she just didn't care for it and drank too much.

 Which resulted in her waking up on Kyle's couch with an immense headache. Not only her, but some people who were at the party were lying on the floor and with glasses all over the carpet.

 The usual party scene.

 With difficulty opening her eyes, she goes to the kitchen in search of food, startled by Kyle making coffee.

-Oh, hi. -He smiles and pours coffee into the mug.

-Hi, good morning. -Speaks in a sleepy voice. -What a gigantic headache.

-I guess I don't drink much. Here's your coffee.

-No, I don't usually drink. -Angeline picks up the mug and drinks a little.

-You'll get the hang of it later.

-I don't think I will ever drink again.

-I don't think I'll ever drink again. -He laughs.

-Hey guys. -Milena's voice comes from the kitchen.

-Hi. -Angel smiles at her.

 Angeline looks doubtful after seeing Milena wearing the blouse Kyle was wearing yesterday, but chose not to comment.

 After Alex arrived in the kitchen and the other people left, the four of them stayed drinking coffee and talking, until Angel and Milena left.

-You and Kyle... -Angeline speaks while painting her fingernail and Milena dries her hair.

-Hello? -She turns off the hair dryer to listen better.

-Are you and Kyle together? Like, I saw you with his shirt.

-Act. -She laughs. -We hooked up yesterday, but nothing serious.

-I get it.

-You know... Alex is interesting, don't you think?

-Interesting how? -She closes the nail polish and waits for her nails to dry.

-I don't know, he thinks you're pretty, maybe you could go out.

-I'm not really in the dating mood. -She laughs. -But I can't say never.

The girls finish getting ready just before the game, which was at five o'clock.

 Milena had borrowed a team t-shirt since the girl had nothing related. The two girls were practically wearing the same clothes. A team T-shirt and black jeans. Nothing fancy, just the basics to go to the game.

 Alex and Kyle picked them up an hour before the game started, so they could get something to eat before it got crowded.

 San Francisco has always been a big Golden State fan, so practically everyone was at the game. Cheerful, shouting the players' names, wearing their team shirts and caps.

 Angel found it a little strange, in France after all, they didn't have so much celebration with basketball, but focused on soccer, but it was nothing extravagant. So seeing those people excited made the girl happy.

 The boys went to get some food while Milena and Angel took their seats. A little away from the court, as Alex said it was the perfect view to watch the players' amazing throws.

 Alex and Kyle arrived carrying bags of popcorn and cans of soda, handing them to the girls. The lights went out and a blue light came on, so that the players could enter the court.

 Angel could feel her heart racing a little, it was strange because she wasn't even a basketball fan, but this place had an inexplicable atmosphere.

-Welcome DubNation. -The commentator spoke and his voice took over the stadium.

-What is DubNation? -Beaufort whispered to Milena.

-Oh, that's what the fans are called.

-Let's introduce the players. -The man's voice came back and the crowd shouted. -Stephen Curry!

 Stephen came in excited and smiling, as he greeted the other players.

-So this is Stephen, -Angel said to himself.

-BEAUTIFUL! -Alex shouted, which made Milena and Angeline laugh.

-The Golden State Warriors' newest player, Klaaaaaaaay Thompsoooon.

 You know that feeling of freezing? Not in the literal sense of the thing, but in the sense of your brain and your heart stopping. That name, that damned name. Beaufort could feel the color of his body leaving, his mouth drying up and his pressure dropping, he felt like he was going to faint.

 When he saw the boy walking onto the court, he could hardly believe it, he was there, wearing the team's clothes and smiling at everyone. He was older, obviously, his beard had grown, as had his hair. He was taller and more...handsome.

-Angel, are you all right? -You look pale. -Milena put her hand on the girl's shoulder, which brought her out of her world. 

-I, I need to talk to him. 

-Talk to who -Kyle entered the conversation.

-With Klay Thompson.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                        this chapter got a little long haha, I confess that I was sad writing Klay in court.
                                                              But hey, anxious for the future? 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

55.1K 938 35
Amari hates Stephen from something that happened a while ago but then gets stuck in a publicity stunt to help her career. Find out what happens when...
10.7K 119 35
Their both 26 years old and they don't know each other but they still see each other around. Blue Thompson is Klay Thompson's sister and he is super...
34.9K 829 21
A secret from Lauren Hill-Thompson's past comes back to her at an unexpected time. Relationships and trust will be put to the test. But wait, you did...
96.2K 1.8K 64
They have known each other since they were little. There parents have been friends since before they could remember. And they were neighbors. But the...