Remember Your Worth | Jackson...

By Kaneeeeeeee

✨ Complete ✨ follow Sage Bailey's journey as she conquers the halls of Grey-Sloan. a kick-ass neonatologist... More

cast
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
complete
bonus chapter
bonus chapter: two
bonus chapter: three
bonus chapter: four
bonus chapter: five
bonus chapter: seven
bonus chapter: eight
bonus chapter: nine
bonus chapter: ten
bonus chapter: eleven
bonus chapter: twelve
bonus chapter: thirteen
bonus chapter: fourteen
bonus chapter: fifteen
bonus chapter: sixteen
bonus chapter: seventeen
bonus chapter: eighteen
bonus chapter: nineteen
final bonus chapter: twenty

bonus chapter: six

830 19 1
By Kaneeeeeeee

"I'm starting to remember pieces.."
I softly told Jackson.

His closed eyes popped open, showcasing his tired eyes. He rolled over, snuggling closer to me under the blanket.

"What was that?"

"I'm starting to remember. I had no clue but Rae put details into place... It may not be enough to help, though."

"Sweetheart, she remembers clearly. She can help the police identify the suspects. Stop stressing yourself.."

I sighed, slightly moving his head to face me.

"I was supposed to have her back, Jackson. Instead, I got beaten.. thank God she wasn't hurt or I could never forgive myself. And still... All I can do is stand by and watch her struggle.."

Jackson lifted his body, turning to fully face me.

"You know I felt like that with Sloan.."

"Like what?"
I lowly asked.

"When he died... There was nothing I could do but stand by and watch as he depended on those tubes. It's always been Plastics Posse for life.. only life ran out for him."

He looked down, sniffling and wiping a tear. His eyes searched for the remote, turning on the TV.

"What have I told you about hiding your emotions, Avery? Don't try to distract me."

"Shh.." He shushed me, pressing his finger to my lips then pointing to the screen.

"-angry at police officers, some even calling it an overkill. In the video, Mr. Floyd can be heard informing the officers that he was unable to breathe..."

"They can't be serious." Jackson whispered.

"Chauvin was taken into custody on Friday afternoon, according to the Minnesota Department of Public Safety." The woman spoke.

"What the hell?"

Jackson quickly typed on his phone, scrolling then scoffing.

"So, he was arrested after he allegedly used a counterfeit bill at a convenience store."

"Chauvin, 44, placed his left knee on Mr Floyd's neck and shoulder, and kept it there for more than nine minutes, according to prosecutors. Two other officers helped pin him down, while another prevented witnesses from intervening.."

"This is brutal." I voiced.

"More than 20 times Mr Floyd said he could not breathe. The video shows him going limp and being carried away by police... He was pronounced dead in hospital an hour later.

"The four officers involved in the incident were fired from the Minneapolis Police Department. That same night, hundreds of protesters flooded into the Minneapolis streets.."

Multiple videos played of people rioting and causing chaos.

"Some businesses, including restaurants and an auto-parts store, were set on fire. Demonstrators vandalized police vehicles with graffiti and targeted the precinct house where the four officers had been assigned. Protests also occurred in the city in the subsequent days. Officers using tear gas and firing rubber bullets into crowds to calm them down.."

"That shit is crazy, right?" Carlos spoke, entering our room.

"Well, come on in, Carlos. I'm glad we weren't naked." Jackson complained.

Carlos smacked his lips.

"I've seen the inside of both y'all bodies. And judging by Sage's face, I'm assuming nausea is starting to kick in. Am I right?" He teased, smirking at me.

"No, you aren't. Not sure how you would be able to tell anyway within your thirty seconds of being here."

"I just got it like that, baby. More importantly, I'm not here for you. I'm here for my niece who I have yet to speak with."

"You passed your niece's room on your way to ours. In case you didn't understand, that means get out." Jackson stated, turning the TV off.

"Are those fighting words, Mr. Avery? I'll lay you out." Carlos chuckled, pushing up the sleeves of his hoodie.

"Who you got, babe?" Jackson asked, looking to me.

I chuckled, shaking my head.

"I'm not choosing a side. You are equally talented."

"Bullshit. Let's go outside, Jack."

"If we go outside, I'm gonna drown you in that pool."

"Drown who?! Yo, Reagan!"

A few moments later, Rae came in, looking at Carlos.

"Who you got, me or your pops?"

"Regarding...?"

"Them hands! What you mean, regarding?" He mocked her.

"Oh. I got dad all day."

"Hell yeah! That's what I'm talking about!" Jackson cheered.

"I can't believe this." Carlos complained.

"I mean, she is daddy's little girl. You should've seen it coming." I commented.

Carlos waved me off.

"Whatever. Anyway, I'm glad you're alright, kid. You gave us a scare." He ruffled her hair.

"Can you not? I just did it." She said, moving away from him and sitting on the bed.

"Girl, you got a messy bun in your head, and it looks bad."

"That's the point of a messy bun!" She yelled.

JJ rushed into the room, slightly putting me on alert.

"So.. grandma is here and she's angry."

"How angry?"
Jackson asked, getting up.

"You all were gonna lie to me!?" Catherine shouted, coming down the hall.

I shook my head, hoping I could just disappear under the blanket.

"Oh.. maybe I should go."
Carlos said.

"Nope. You wanna be a part of the family? You gotta deal with Mom." Jackson stated.

"I thought we were better than this. You don't lie to the people you love." She dramatically said, coming in.

"No one was lying."

"You didn't answer your phone, Jackson. That seems like the same thing to me."

"Ma, come on. We don't need the negativity right now.."

Catherine grumbled, rolling her eyes.

"All I ever ask is that I'm included in my grandbabies' lives, that's all I ask."

"Catherine.."
I lowly spoke, hoping she'd stop.

"Grandma, I'm okay. They're gonna catch the people that did this."
Rae assured.

"They better!"

"And as much as I like you all, please, exit my bedroom.." Jackson requested.

They looked at him, offended, urging to protest. Instead, they complained, leaving the husband and wife alone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.8K 805 38
Meredith Grey, double board certified surgeon in both neuro and general. She is a child prodigy and has been offered chief at Seattle Grace stealing...
971K 31.7K 89
𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘵...
926K 22.3K 69
𝘥𝘢𝘸𝘯 𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘧𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺. ...
137K 1.1K 72
greys anatomy imagines