The Collision Of Chances

By braedencoxauthor

怌 š—¦š—£š—œš—”-š—¢š—™š—™ š—§š—¢ š—§š—›š—˜ š——š—”š—”š—šš—˜š—„š—¦ š—¢š—™ š—§š—›š—˜ š——š—”š— š—”š—šš—˜š—— 怍 ā€¢ ā€¢ ā€¢ āI know y... More

I N T R O
P L A Y L I S T
C H A R A C T E R A E S T H E T I C S & A / N
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05

Chapter 01

2.1K 69 3
By braedencoxauthor

"Push the limit, no, you ain't good enough."
Kiss Me More — Doja Cat

Sometimes, you open up a chapter in your life, being so sure that you'll see it to the end.

That's what I thought when I enrolled in California State. I was sure I'd walk out of there four years later, in a graduation gown.

But yet, here I am, standing on the front porch of my new home, surrounded by my suitcases and boxes, waiting for one of my roommates that I'm yet to meet to open the door so I can start my junior year of college at North Regal University in New York City in two days.

I grew up in New York. I love it here.

But why does it feel like something the farthest from home then?

The house looks just like in the pictures I saw a few months ago when I was looking for a place to stay, and it's quite impressive for a house that's meant for university housing. It's three stories high, painted stark white, with a small lawn and a wooden porch. The windows are large, probably letting in lots of natural light inside.

My eyes drift over to the house next door, and my eyebrows raise. It definitely looks like one of the most expensive looking houses in the entire neighbourhood, with modern, sleek architecture, floor to ceiling windows, and I think I can see a pool in the backyard. I'm pondering what kind of students would be able to afford a house like that as I look over the rest of the street.

I was told that the entire neighbourhood behind North Regal University consists of housing for the students, from frat houses to just rentals, and even now I can see people walking in and out of the back gates of the university that lead into this street. My thoughts are cut short when the door pulls open, revealing a tall brunette girl, with sharp blue eyes and brown skin that contrasts against her thick brown hair.

She's clad in sweats and a hoodie, and a pretty smile blossoms on her full lips when she sees me. "You must be Luna, hi! I'm Naya."

I mimic her smile, pushing my nervousness to the back of my head as I respond, "Yeah, hey."

"So cool to finally meet you, come in," She opens the door wider, and then her attention diverts to all the suitcases around me.

"Oh shit, you're gonna need help with those." She says and turns to the inside of the house. "Chloe, get your ass downstairs, she's here!"

Before I can tell her that I can manage on my own, I hear the thump of footsteps coming down the stairs, until a pretty blonde Asian girl with neon pink highlights, and big hazel eyes peering up at me. My other roommate.

"Meet our new roommate!" Naya grins, and  Chloe steps forward to shake my hand, and I can't help but be in awe at how gorgeous her features are.

I knew their names and ages, but I never saw pictures. I certainly didn't expect the two of them to look like models. My hand reaches up to pat down my own raven black hair, suddenly feeling self-conscious. It was a long drive from California to New York. I probably look like a train wreck in my white joggers and crumpled baby blue sweater. My new roommates don't seem to care though, chattering animatedly with me as we lug all my stuff inside, asking me how my drive was, and how long it took me to come here.

The interior of the house is nice, the living room is an open concept one, a big TV area complete with two couches, and an attached kitchen to the left of the room. A breakfast bar with a few high stools scattered around it to eat meals is there in the kitchen as well, since college kids don't really need dining rooms or tables.

There's a staircase winding upstairs to my right, and across the front door, a few feet away, are a bunch of french doors that lead out into the backyard. It's not extravagant or fancy, nor is it slummy or tight space either. It's perfect. And my roommates clearly aren't the messy type, because it's not messy at all.

"Come on, let's show you around." Chloe smiles, and they give me a tour downstairs first. We go into the backyard, which is surrounded by a short fence. It's empty, other than a few bushes lining up the fence, but there are a few lounge chairs on the back patio, perfect to wind down or read a book.

I was right about the pool in the house next door, and the backyard is as impressive as the front of the house. The glass walls in the back of the house show off a gorgeous kitchen, and there's even a seating lounge and a BBQ machine by the pool.

"Impressive house, huh?" Naya's voice catches my attention. She must've noticed me looking.

"Yeah, it's a gorgeous house. Do NRU students live there?"

"Yeah," Chloe says. "The varsity soccer team lives there. They're a big deal here, so they get all the funds and the sponsors, hence the nice house."

"Chloe here is dating one of them," Naya nudges Chloe teasingly, and the blonde girl blushes. "Oliver. So if you see her sneaking out there in the middle of the night, don't worry."

I chuckle in response, nodding my head in acknowledgement as they lead me back inside.

"What are you studying?" I ask them, secretly hoping I have one of them in my classes.

"Astronomy and physics," Naya responds.

"I'm in fashion and graphic design." Chloe smiles, brushing a dyed strand of hair off her shoulder, and I'm immediately relieved.

"Me too!"

Chloe's brown eyes brighten. "Awesome! We'll have the same classes, it'll be fun."

"If you don't mind me asking," Naya asks before I can respond to Chloe as we start to go up the stairs. "What's your background?"

"I was born here, in Washington." I smile. "But my parents are Sri Lankan, they immigrated here after they got married. We moved to New York when I was fourteen."

"Sri Lankan? That's in South Asia right?" Naya tilts her head at me and I nod.

"Yep." I'm surprised she even knows where Sri Lanka is since the country is mostly overlooked as the tiny island right next to India.

"Ever been there?" Chloe asks me next. The stairs lead directly to a wide hallway, with a huge window at the end of it, illuminating the entire hallway, which has three doors, two on the left, one on the right.

"Yeah, a few times as a kid." I reply with a shrug.

"That's yours and Chloe's rooms, along with a shared bathroom." Naya gestures to the two doors. "I'll show you your room after we check out the third floor."

We head up the stairs curving up to the third and final floor, which is the exact same as the second floor, with two doors on the left side and a single door on the right, with a window at the end of it.

"My bedroom, bathroom and an empty bedroom." Naya flicks her head in that direction and I nod in acknowledgement.

"Did someone else used to be here?" I ask as the three of us head back to the second floor again.

"Yep, Mateo. He moved out last semester because he got a place of his own." Chloe says, pushing open the bedroom right next to the bathroom. "This is yours."

I step inside, taking it all in. It's an average size space, completely lit up by the sunlight streaming through huge twin windows on the wall right across the door. Pushed up against the wall to my left is a double bed, and a dressing table with a circular mirror. The wall on the right side has a closet built into it. A study table, roller chair and a wooden shelf complete the room, along with a black bean bag at the foot of my bed.

The off white walls are bare, and there's a wall to wall grey carpet on the floor. It's exactly how I saw it in pictures and I like it.

"I like it," I voice my thoughts, smiling at my roommates.

"Great! Come on, let's go get all your stuff up here so you can unpack." Naya pats my shoulder. "You must be tired."

I nod in agreement, and the three of us lug all my stuff up into my room. Once we're done, they leave me to shower and settle in, informing me that we'll go grab some dinner in a few hours at the campus café. Exhaling deeply, I fall into my bed, pulling out my phone and calling my mom's number. Two rings later, my mom picks up.

"Luna." My mother's heavily accented voice flows into my ear, immediately filling me with comfort.

"Hi, Amma." I reply. "I just settled in."

"How are your roommates? Is your room nice?"

"Yes," I look around my room again, mentally taking note of taking a trip to Target to get some things to spice this place up. "And they're great."

"I'm glad it's all good, Luna. I know it's hard for you."

My throat closes up, and I swallow, fighting to keep the emotion from my voice. "It's okay Ma. I'm okay."

"This transfer was good for you, baba. They also have your favourite course there, don't they?"

"Yeah."

"See? Don't worry, Luna. Come see me and your father when you can, okay?"

"I will, Ma. I have to go now, I love you. Tell Da and Ithan I'll talk to them soon." I say, referring to my father and younger brother.

"I love you too, Luna. I will tell them. Stay safe."

"You too."

We hang up, and I sigh, dropping my phone onto the bed next to me. After I moved to California for university, my parents moved to Florida, because Dad got a better job there. My parents have been in New York since before I was even born, this is where they settled down right after they arrived in the USA when they were just newlyweds. Me and my brother are born and bred New Yorkers, but everything scattered apart after I left for university in the other corner of the country, running away from all my problems.

Getting to my feet, I haul one of my suitcases open and dig through for some comfy clothes to wear to go for dinner. Too lazy and exhausted to wear anything too stylish, I opt for a pair of leggings and a woolly sweater and a random pair of sneakers.

Grabbing my clothes, toiletry bag and towel, I head next door to the bathroom. Setting my clothes and bag down on the counter, I strip from my clothes and step into the bathtub, running the shower. A good warm bath later, a little bit of energy seeps back into my body. I spy a hairdryer hanging by the sink, so I use it, before changing into my clothes.

After rubbing some moisturiser all over my face to protect my skin from the chilly September air, I gather my things and walk back into my room to pull on my shoes and shove my phone and wallet into my pockets. I walk down the stairs, to find Naya and Chloe already downstairs, hanging out in the kitchen.

"Ready to go?" Chloe smiles as they approach me, Naya opening the front door.

"Yup."

__________________________

Hi my loves!

As you all may know, I no longer write on here anymore. But these chapters were prewritten a long time ago, and although I don't have any plans of coming back to writing on Wattpad permanently, I thought I'd publish what I have already written and share it with you guys instead of it just sitting in my drafts.

I hope you enjoy a little glimpse into Kye and Luna's stories. And who knows, maybe someday I'll be back with new chapters :)

Meanwhile, you can keep up with me on Instagram @braedensbooks and Twitter @freedofdark

Take care x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

563K 19.5K 65
[+18]* NOW COMPLETE* Back Series Book 2 Dylan's been a good boy all his life but there's this insurgent flame that has been burning inside him and it...
1.1K 111 40
"What?" He asked, pulling me from my daydream again. I chuckled, biting my lip again. "Are you thinking about me naked?" He asked jokingly. I blushed...
1.5K 73 11
,,š—œ š˜‚š˜€š—²š—± š˜š—¼ š˜€š—®š˜† š—œ š—±š—¼š—»'š˜ š—Æš—²š—¹š—¶š˜ƒš—² š—¶š—» š—µš—®š—½š—½š˜† š—²š—»š—±š—¶š—»š—“š˜€, š—Æš˜‚š˜ š˜†š—¼š˜‚ š—”š—»š—»š—²š—¹š—¹š˜†š˜€š—², š˜†š—¼š˜‚ š—ŗš—®š—±š—² š—ŗš—² š—Æš—²š—¹š—¶š˜ƒ...
7.4M 215K 78
To start over. That's what Alex Rose needed, after that night. That's what drove her out of her home in London, to New York, halfway across the wor...