Ghosts βœ”οΈ

By SettleDown1D

A postwar fic where Harry barely speaks anymore, and no one understands him the way Draco Malfoy does. One ap... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Final Author's Note
Sequel
Completion!
Thank You / Other Works

Chapter 23

16.8K 728 764
By SettleDown1D

Harry and Draco worked comfortably together, sharing more laughs than Draco had ever remembered in one occasion.

"So, can you enlighten me on what this Slytherin tradition of yours is for birthdays?"

"I suppose so. But you cannot tell anyone, it's sacred."

"Cross my heart-"

"Don't even finish that, I know you mean it literally. Anyway, it's quite simple really. We get pissed off of our faces, sometimes we club, other nights we drink at home. Depends on the mood. I have no clue what they have planned for this year. It could just be night in with alcohol and some games or something. I dunno if I feel like being around so many people again you know?"

"Oh believe me I do. I don't even go out as me anymore. If I do, I freeze up and I can't talk to people. I was out today actually."

"Ooooh, get anything good?"

"Cinnamon pretzels. They're so bloody good. Probably should've gone food shopping while I was out, but my social battery was drained."

"Get anything else?"

Draco was fishing and Harry knew it. He decided to humor him.

"Just some things for my sweetheart of a Prince."

"Is he more fit than me?", Draco teased, playing along.

"That's quite an impossible feat."

Harry was dead serious, and he wasn't sure if Draco knew that.

"That's the only correct answer."

Draco clapped his hands together.

"Now, the potion is complete after one final step. I need your hair."

"Planning on using polyjuice to be me Malfoy?", he teased.

"At one time, perhaps. Now? Abso-bloody-lutely not."

"Take what you need."

Oh how Draco wished that was an open invitation.

"Perfect. It needs to sit in a dark room for a few weeks, and then be taken out the night of the next full moon to absorb as much light as possible. The full moon is extremely powerful, it helps solidify the connection. That's why we started brewing on the night of a full moon."

"Oh, that makes sense. Thanks."

"Are you ready for the salve now? I'll tell you how it works. Basically, I'll apply it, and then it will absorb for about an hour or so. If it stings, it means it's working. It'll be unpleasant, but I promise I won't hurt you. Then you need to shower and wash the residue off.

We can do this at yours if you want instead? I don't mind if you want to shower here though, whatever makes you feel most comfortable. If you do stay here, you can stay for dinner."

"Here is fine. I'm too tired to go back and forth. Plus, if I stay for dinner then I don't have to cook."

"Alright. Take off your shirt and lay on my bed on your stomach."

"You want me to strip for you?", Harry teased.

"I wouldn't mind a show", Draco responded with a smirk.

He watched as Harry very slowly peeled off the t-shirt, all while maintaining eye contact. Draco couldn't help but bite his lip in anticipation.

"I'm going to wash my hands to make sure they're clean", he said dryly.

"I'll be waiting."

Harry didn't know what had gotten into him and made him so flirty, but he was having fun. By the look on Draco's face, so was he. For now, Harry would enjoy the personal attention. He trusted Draco.

"What are you thinking about?", Draco asked, reentering the room and grabbing the salve.

"You."

"When did you get so smooth? I'm amazed you didn't get a girlfriend sooner."

"Maybe I wanted a boyfriend?"

Draco just shook his head in amusement.

"This is going to be cold, but I'm going to warm it up with my hands as best as I can."

"Do your worst."

"Oh don't tempt me darling. Do you want to do a test swatch somewhere first?"

Wordlessly, Harry held out his hand. Draco hissed when he saw the scar. Lightly grabbing it, Draco tenderly caressed his hand as he applied the salve.

"I don't know how much that one will fade. I'm sorry."

"If I breathed wrong she would give me a detention."

"Absolutely vile creature."

"That's an insult to creatures everywhere. I dunno how much you know about what Voldemort did and everything, but do you know she wore a horcrux for years? Right around her neck. Once I removed it, she didn't even change. That bloody locket was awful."

"I know more than most. I would eavesdrop and update everyone down in the cellar. I'm going to touch your back now okay?"

Harry made a noise of approval and Draco continued talking as he sat on the bed next to Harry.

"I still can't believe that was real life you know? I try not to think about it but it's hard when it's your whole life. Potter I think something in your back is misaligned, and you have a ton of knots and tension in your shoulders. It's okay to put the weight of the world down now."

Harry snorted.

"That's not surprising."

"I'm going to sit on your thighs and pop it back. It'll hurt at first, but I promise it'll feel better soon."

"I trust you."

As if Harry would ever turn that down. He was already getting a free back rub. He enjoyed Draco's close presence anyway.

Pleased, Draco had no qualms about getting this much closer to Harry. Truthfully, it made the whole process easier. The only bad part was Harry's groans.

"Potter if you don't stop my mother is going to think we're up to something", Draco hissed.

Harry needed to stop before Draco had a problem on his hands that he wouldn't be able to take care of.

"Sorry, I can't help it."

"Didn't peg you for a screamer."

"You haven't pegged me yet. Didn't think you were a top."

"Potter!"

Draco's face was on fire, and Harry's shaking from his laughter was making things worse.

"You make it too easy sometimes sweetheart."

"The things I do for you", Draco muttered.

"Thank you", Harry replied softly.

"Yes, I'm the best I know. Now stop moving so I can finish or I am never doing this for you again."

"You should be honored I'm letting you get this close to me. No one else gets this privilege."

"Merlin, you talk to me so much you're starting to sound like me."

"Please, I've always been sassy and sarcastic. You just bring it out in me more."

Harry groaned as his back made an audible pop.

"Oh fuck me."

"I just might if you don't shut up", Draco muttered.

"What was that that?", Harry asked with a whimper.

He had heard Draco, he wanted to know how bold he truly was.

"You need to shut up."

"Cast a silencing charm then. Not my fault your hands are magic."

"Oh believe me they're more useful in other places", Draco purred.

"I bet so."

"Is that an invitation Potter?"

"Could be Malfoy."

Draco needed to stop because things were getting too hot to handle. Many lines had already been crossed, and Draco would soon be past the point of no return.

"Alright Scarhead you're done."

"Thanks Prince. I already feel a lot better. I could take a nap."

"You want to until it's time to wash the salve off?"

"It's okay. I'm here to spend time with you."

"Come here."

Harry crawled towards where Draco was laying down, and Draco positioned Harry's head into his lap, thankful he stopped before there was a real problem.

"Get some sleep. I'll take a nap too."

"Why do we always nap?", Harry muttered.

"Because we're too traumatized to actually sleep for a healthy amount of time and it feels better to sleep next to someone that makes you feel safe."

"I'll drink to that. G'night Prince."

"Goodnight Scarhead."

Little did Harry know how good his night could actually be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 975 12
"Things haven't been quite the same There's a haze on the horizon, babe It's only been a couple of days and I miss you" Potionsmaster Draco Malfoy sw...
1.6M 40K 66
β€’ Smut Warning β€’ Completed β€’ ~ Aria Rowen, A 7th year Hufflepuff returning after the Battle of Hogwarts. A certain Slytherin, coming back for his 8th...
98.4K 3.6K 29
Various Drarry one shots I come up with that don't fit in with the storylines of my full length Drarry books. Cover designed by @izzy_926 I don't ow...
313K 9.7K 28
"Why do you keep avoiding me, Draco?!" "'Cuz i don't deserve you, Harry." . . . . . A Drarry fanfic set in the 8th year of Hogwarts. contains: Dra...