𝐑𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐥...

By Craftyrose_

"They call themselves, The Bad Batch" Genesis the first female clone is a defective clone with enhanced abili... More

A/N
Genesis
Thᥱ Bᥲd bᥲtᥴh
A dιstᥲᥒt Eᥴho
Oᥒ thᥱ Wιᥒgs of Kᥱᥱrᥲdᥲks
Uᥒfιᥒιshᥱd Bᥙsιᥒᥱss
Cᥙt ᥲᥒd Rᥙᥒ
Rᥱρᥣᥲᥴᥱmᥱᥒts
Corᥒᥱrᥱd
Rᥲmρᥲgᥱ
Dᥱᥴomιssιoᥒᥱd
Bᥲttᥣᥱ Sᥴᥲrs
Rᥱᥙᥒιoᥒ
Boᥙᥒtყ Lost
Coຕຕoᥒ Gɾoᥙᥒᑯ
Rᥱsᥴᥙᥱ oᥒ Rყᥣoth
Iᥒfᥱstᥱd
Wᥲr-Mᥲᥒtᥣᥱ
Rᥱtᥙrᥒ to Kᥲmιᥒo
Kᥲmιᥒo Lost
Thank you!
Season 2 Style
Sρoιᥣs of Wᥲr
Rᥙιᥒs of Wᥲr
Thᥱ Soᥣιtᥲrყ Cᥣoᥒᥱ
Fᥲstᥱr
Eᥒtombᥱd
Trιbᥱ
Trᥙth ᥲᥒd Coᥒsᥱqᥙᥱᥒᥴᥱs
Thᥱ Crossιᥒg
Rᥱtrιᥱvᥲᥣ
Mᥱtᥲmorρhosιs
Pᥲbᥙ
Thᥱ Sᥙmmιt
Pᥣᥲᥒ 99
-Previously-
Pᥲths Uᥒkᥒoᥕᥒ
A Dιffᥱrᥱᥒt Aρρroᥲᥴh
Thᥱ Rᥱtᥙrᥒ

Aftᥱrmᥲth

1.6K 32 19
By Craftyrose_

The droid army advances the Clones as they start to retreat.

"Fire." The droid tanks fire, taking out the clones as the captain and Jedi Master Depa Billaba take cover. "Not to be a pessimist, but if the commander isn't back soon with those reinforcements..."

"My Padawan will be here."

"Master!" Her Padawan yells as he slides down the snowy hill and hops into the divot with them.

"Here. I'm here."

"Caleb, where are the reinforcements?" Master Billaba asks her Padawan. "Don't worry. They're right behind me." Caleb says looking out into the battlefield.

"Uh, where are they?" The Clone Captain asks. "Caleb."

"Trust me."

"Well, how many are there?"

"Six of them."

"Six? We're done."  The clone shakes his head in disappointment. "Yeah, that's what I thought, but you gotta see these clones. They're different." Caleb adds as the three turn to the mountain side as they hear rumbling.

The droids stop as they turn to the sound as it gets closer. "Fire." They start firing at the object which in fact, was a boulder that rolls off the cliff. And in the fog from the snow, the Bad Batch runs in, blasting the droids.

"Make a hole!

Genesis shoots droids as she does a roundhouse kick as she kicks a head off as she and her brothers continue taking out the squad.

"I don't believe it. That's Clone Force 99." The Clone Captain says as Caleb and Billapa watch.

"Crosshair, let's get these tanks moving."

"Sir, yes, sir.

" Crosshair fires a grapple that connects the tanks together and Wrecker runs up and starts pushing them off the edge.

"Huh? Hey. Stop that." A droid says, popping out of the tank. "Adjust the stabilizers. We're going over."

"Hey, clanker. Catch." Tech tosses an electric grenade, shocking the droid as Wrecker pushes the tanks over.

"I guess I'm in charge now." A droid says as Hunter shoots it.

Genesis hops on one and flips it over as Tech ignites another grenade as the group walks away from the destruction. Hunter and Genesis take off their helmets as they approach the squad.

"If you're done hiding down there, I suggest you launch a counterattack. Another droid battalion's approaching." Hunter suggests.

"The general is the one who gives the orders around here." The clone captain states.

"He's right, Captain. This is our chance. Launch the counterattack." Billapa intructs and the Captain sighs. "Yes, General. All right, men. Let's go!"

"There you are, little Jedi. You missing all the fun." Wrecker yells, pushing Echo aside.

"Watching your team in action was the fun." Caleb says, taking off his hood along with his Master.

"Care to introduce your new friends, Caleb?"

"Yes, Master. This is Wrecker, Hunter, Echo, Tech, Genesis and Crosshair." Caleb pointsout each of the distinct clones.

"While I'm not sure 'fun' is the sentiment I would express, I agree with my Padawan. Your exploits were quite impressive." Billapa mentions.

"Exploits?" Wrecker asks. "Don't overthink it, Wrecker."

"Thank you, General." Echo speaks up.

"Now, would one of you please explain where my actual reinforcements are?"

"Rerouted to the capital. We're all you're getting." Genesis says.

"Ha! We're all you need." Wrecker says proudly. "Actually, if my intel is correct, the general will not need any of us. The Clone War may soon be over." Tech mentions as everyone looks over at him with this information.

"Better tell that to the clankers headed our way." The clone captain says. "I am referring to the encrypted comm chatter. Clone intelligence is reporting Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi has found and engaged General Grievous on Utapau." Tech states.

"If he captures or kills Grievous, the Separatist command structure will collapse."

"And most likely the droid armies along with them." Tech adds.

"A fascinating theory, yet unfortunately not something we can control from here. I suggest we focus on the task at hand." Billapa suggests.

"Any orders? Or shall we do what we do?" 

"Let's blow something up. Yeah!" Wrecker yells as everyone slips on their helmets.

"Well, Caleb, shall we let them do what they do?"

"Only if I can go with them." Caleb says. "Very well."

"Hey, kid. You ready for this? We move fast." Genesis smiles under her helmet at the kid's enthusiasm

"Good. That's the only way I know." Caleb says playfully and runs off as Wrecker laughs. "I like him." and everyone follows him as Billapa watches them run off.

Caleb suddenly hears blaster fire and he slows down and he turns to see his Master's squadron blasting her.

"Master!" The Batch stops as they hear the blaster fire and turn to see the clones firing at Billapa and Caleb running to help her.

"You must run!" Billapa yells as she gets her shoulder shot and she keeps blocking the blaster fire. "Run, Caleb!" as she gets to the ground from the pressure and her lightsaber flies out of her hand and she lets out a scream as she gets shot down as Caleb runs away.

Caleb stops as the Batch approaches him. "Stay away from me!" Caleb yells as he runs into the forest.

"Caleb, wait!" Genesis calls out as they try to run after him.

"What- What just happened?" Echo asks as Tech checks his pad. "The comm channel is repeating one directive, 'Execute Order 66.' "

"Yeah, I heard that too. What's Order 66?" Wrecker asks.

"I am not certain."

"Echo. Tech. Talk to the reg Captain. Find out what you can." Genesis commands and the two run off leaving her, Hunter, Wrecker and Crosshair.

"Crosshair, you, Genesis and I will track down the kid and make sure nothing happens to him. Wrecker, stall anyone who tries to follow us." Hunter adds and the two follow him down into the snowy forest.

The three clones look around the area for any disturbed snow or trees.

"He's close." Hunter says as Crosshair looks around on a ridge. "There." 

Hunter and Genesis turn to where Crosshair was looking to see Caleb sitting on a branch as he looks around for a way to escape.

"Come on down, Caleb. We're here to help." Genesis yells to Caleb as she finally notices Crosshair aiming his sniper at Caleb. "No!"

Caleb ignites his saber and blocks the blaster bolt "Liar." Caleb yells and he jumps off somewhere.

"What are you doing?" Hunter asks Crosshair as he jumps down from the ridge.

"Following orders."

"We don't even know what the order is." Genesis says harshly as she pushes Crosshair rather hard in his chest from his actions. "Stand down until we know what's going on." She walks away from Crosshair as she goes deeper into the forest as Hunter follows her with Crosshair straying behind.

✦✧✦✧

Wrecker minds his own business as he notices three clones coming towards the Forest. "Where's the Padawan?"

"Yeah, don't worry. Hunter and Genesis are handling it." Wrecker mentions.

"We have orders from the Supreme Chancellor himself." One of the clones says.

"That's great, but like I said, Hunter and Genesis are handling it." Wrecker says a bit more loudly. 

"Step aside, Trooper." The three troopers run down into the forest.

"Sure thing, Boss." Wrecker says mockingly. "Hunter, Gen, you've got regs inbound."

✦✧✦✧

"Man this kid is good at hiding." Genesis murmurs as Wrecker comms them, "Hunter, Gen, You've got regs inbound."

"Copy that."

"We have a situation." Tech's voice rings through the comms as Hunter and Genesis slide to a stop.

"Tell me something I don't know, Tech." Hunter says.

"It appears the regs have been ordered to execute the Jedi." Tech says and Genesis's eyes widen under the helmet as she jumps on the comms.

"What? Which Jedi?"

"All of them." Genesis turns to Hunter as he suddenly freezes on the spot. "They're saying the Jedi have committed treason."

"Mika.." Genesis mutters as Crosshair speaks up "That would explain things."

"Okay, I don't know what the hell has gotten into you but firstly that doesn't explain shit!" Genesis yells at Crosshair as she turns around the Hunter's frozen form.

"You good?" She asks softly as she approaches him. Genesis knew Hunter and Mika had a close relationship even if Genesis suspected there was more going on between the two the Batch didn't know about.

"I suggest you guys get back here."

"Can't. Haven't found the kid yet." Hunter ignores Genesis's concern for him as he comes back from his frozen state as the three look around. Crosshair suddenly aims his sniper towards a tree. "Wrong." He suddenly shoots at the branch Caleb is on, The branch collapses with Caleb.

Caleb stands up and ignites his saber emanating a blue glow as he advances on the three. Genesis and Hunter backup as Crosshair shoots at Caleb who blocks the shots.

"Crosshair, stand down." Hunter yells as Crosshair pulls out a pistol blaster and continues shooting at Caleb.

"Don't!" Caleb slashes his sniper and kicks Crosshair into a tree. Caleb turns to the two clones with an obvious fear on his face, especially his eyes.

"Take it easy, Caleb." Genesis softly says as she takes her blasters and knives as she puts them on the ground as Hunter throws his blaster aside. "Easy."

"We're on your side."

Caleb slowly backs up as the two slowly step forward, careful not to scare the kid. Caleb finally gets the chance and he runs off and the two run after him.

Caleb stops on a ridge overlooking a canyon that has three waterfalls leading down into the canyon, Caleb turns around as the two clones raise their hands at Caleb who gets in a defensive position. "Stay back." Caleb yells as the two remove their helmets.

"Just hear us out." Genesis says with a calm look on her face. "No! You killed her!" Caleb yells and Hunter sighs. "The other did. We're just as confused as you are."

Genesis can tell Caleb is contemplating what Hunter said and if he is telling the truth.

"Stay back. Stay back!" Caleb yells as he slowly backs up towards the edge as Hunter and Genesis come closer.

"We can help you. Come with us." Genesis says as Caleb looks around for an escape as he stands basically off the edge.

"I'm sure he went this way. Come on!" The three hear troopers and Caleb turns around and jumps. "No!" Caleb lands on the other side as the two walk onto the ridge.

Caleb glances at the two and he runs off.

"Where's the Jedi?" Crosshair approaches them as Genesis turns around and pushes past Crosshair rather harshly as she grabs her discarded helmet and she starts her walk back to the others. 

"We stunned him when he jumped. He didn't make it." Hunter says doing the same thing as Genesis as Crosshair scans the canyon and he walks back into the forest as the troopers from earlier approach the ridge.

✦✧✦✧

The Marauder jumps out of Hyperspace and flies towards the planet Kamino.

"We're coming up on Kamino." Tech says as Genesis places his feet up on the console in the co pilot chair.

"It's good to be home. How long has it been?" Wrecker asks as he stands next to the co-pilot chair.

"One hundred and eighty rotations in a standard cycle, but galactic zone changes put the adjusted figure at around 205." Tech says and Genesis raises an eyebrow at Tech.

"What?"

Echo sighs as he speaks up "A long time."

"You got that right." Wrecker says pointing at Echo.

Genesis hears Crosshair's interrogation and she quickly turns around "He's dead, okay? What more do you want Crosshair!" Genesis turns around to face her brother.

"Well, usually when someone falls you look down, not across." Crosshair adds and Genesis opens her mouth to make a snarky remark at Crosshair but Hunter speaks up, stopping her. "Well, some of us don't like to watch." He says as he stands up and leaves the cockpit.

Genesis huffs as she turns around to face the console as the cockpit goes into an eerie silence. Everyone was still processing the Order to eliminate all the Jedi, and especially the possible loss of a dear friend.

Tech brings the ship into orbit as the Marauder flies through the storm clouds. An alarm goes off indicating some ships were approaching the Marauder.

"Unidentified transport transmit your clearance code."

"Clearance code? Don't they know who we are?" Echo asks and Genesis shrugs. 

"Must be a protocol drill." Tech suggests as he presses a few buttons on the console. "Transmitting clearance code."

"Authorization confirmed. Proceed to landing bay one-tac-one."

Tech flies the Marauder down to the city and into the hangar. The batch walks out of the marauder, helmetless except for Crosshair. They walk through the hangar as it was filled with clones. There was now an emptiness feel to the facility now that the Order was given out and the Jedi were eliminated.

"Shock troopers? What's the Coruscant Guard doing here?" Hunter says as a PA announcer goes off.

"This isn't a drill." Tech looks at his pad and Wrecker groans. "Oh, man. What did we miss now?"

"The end of the war." a Clone Captain says approaching them. "Say again, Trooper?"

"General Grievous was defeated on Utapau. The Separatist leadership has collapsed. The war is over."

"Just like I said."  Tech states and Wrecker gasps. "It is just like you said."

"But, the jedi..." Genesis mutters as her gaze turns to two clones carrying a stretcher as she watches the clones walk past as a hand holding a lightsaber slips out and the hilt falls onto the ground and Genesis gulps as she turns to see Hunter's gaze on the hilt also as the Clone Captain picks up the abandoned hilt.

"Is there a problem?" The Clone Captain notices the clone's uneasiness. "No problem. We'll just head to our barracks then."

"Best hurry. There's a mandatory general assembly at 1500." The clone captain says and Hunter motions for the Batch and they head into the corridor to their barracks.

"It's not just the clones on Kaller. All the regs are acting strange." Hunter says.

"Let's test that theory. Excuse me, Trooper. What division are you from?" Tech asks and a trooper pushes tech aside "Step aside."

"Oh. Well, they seem the same to me." Tech adds and they continue to their barracks

✦✧✦✧

The Batch walks in their barracks and Genesis goes straight to her bed and she faceplants her pillow as she listens to the footsteps of her brothers.

"Good to be back." Wrecker says as he places his helmet on one of the crates as Echo and Hunter enter..

"The smell's getting worse."

"You're still new. You'll get used to it." Hunter reassures as Crosshair pushes past the two. "Speak for yourself."

"Well, I'll get the board." Wrecker says happily and he pulls out his knife and scratches more marks in the wall. "Eleven more successful missions." Wrecker chuckles "Like there was any doubt."

"Kaller wasn't a win." Genesis says as her voice is muffled from her pillow.

"Says who? We completed our objective." Wrecker adds, grabbing his stuffed toy.

"Not every objective." Crosshair says slying and Genesis slowly pulls her knife as she knows where this is going.

"Hunter and Genesis let that Jedi kid escape." Crosshair states as she grips the knife. "Or do you want to keep lying to us?" 

Genesis suddenly turns around and she throws the knife at Crosshair, missing him by at least an inch as it impales the wall.

Crosshair gives Genesis a look as she gets up from her spot, ignoring Crosshair's gaze.

"I don't like to think of executing our commanders as a mission objective." Hunter says looking out of the window of the barracks.

"An order is an order." Crosshair argues.

"Since when?" Hunter growls as Genesis scoffs as she takes a seat on the table in the middle of the room.

"None of this makes sense. Those clones served alongside General Billaba for years. How could they turn on her like that?" Echo wonders, slamming his fist onto the table.

"Because of the regs programming." Tech speaks up.

"What programming? Hunter asks slowly as they all turn to face Tech.

"It's been well documented that the Kaminoans inhibited the cognitive functions of clones to engineer them to follow orders without question."

"Ha! We sure don't." Wrecker adds, hitting Crosshair's shoulder.

"Obviously, we are different. They manipulated preexisting aberrations in our DNA, resulting in your brute strength, Crosshair's sharpshooting skills, Hunter's enhanced senses, my exceptional mind, and Genesis's..." Tech thinks about his next words carefully. "Many abilities. My guess is that we are immune to the effects of the programming. Though I can't be 100% certain of it."

"What about Echo? He was a reg before he joined us." Genesis adds.

"Yeah, if all regs were programmed, why didn't I react like the others?"

"The damage you sustained on Skako Minor most likely wiped out all of your preset behavioral modifications. You are more machine than man... percentagewise, at least." Tech states and Echo sighs. "Lucky me."

"All personnel report to the staging area for a briefing on the state of the Republic."

"This is one meeting I don't want to miss."

"First time for everything." Tech says and they all head to the staging area.

✦✧✦✧

"And the Jedi rebellion has been foiled. The remaining Jedi will be hunted down and defeated. The attempt on my life has left me scarred and deformed."

"You can say that again." Wrecker says and Genesis and Echo give him a look. "This is just a bunch of bullshit." Genesis adds, rolling her eyes.

"But I assure you. My resolve has never been stronger! In order to ensure the security and continuing stability..." Genesis notices a young girl on the platform with the Kaminoans and she turns away to look at the others to ask if they saw the girl. As she turned back the girl was gone.

"...The Republic will be reorganized..."

"You good?" Echo asks and she turns to him. "Yeah... I'm fine."

"...Into the first... Galactic Empire!"

"Galactic Empire?"

"For a safe and secure society."

All the clones around the Bad Batch start cheering as they look at each other. "Still don't think the regs are programmed?"

"Oh yeah, they are programmed..." 

✦✧✦✧

"Galactic Empire? We're soldiers of the Republic." Echo says as the group walks through a busy corridor.

"Republic, Empire... What's the difference?" Crosshair lazily says and Tech speaks up. "The systematic termination of the Jedi is a big one for me."

"I think it's big for everyone." Genesis adds as Hunter stops them. "Lads, we've got company." Everyone turns around to face the girl from earlier.

"Hello." The little girl waves as Genesis steps forward to get a clearer view of the girl.

"What's that?" Wrecker asks, observing the girl who seems very calm. Tech scans the girl "Adolescent human female. Origins... uncertain."

"My name's Omega. I was wondering when you guys would come back." She says cheerfully and Hunter steps forward. "You know who we are?"

"Hunter, Echo, Tech, Wrecker, Crosshair and Genesis." She names each of them perfectly as if she memorized their names. "You're Clone Force 99."

"What are you doing on Kamino, kid?" Hunter asks and Omega gets ready to say but Nala Se speaks up. "Her job, of course. She is my medical assistant, one with a curious mind that causes her to wander. Come, Omega. There is work to do." Nala Se leads Omega away and she follow and before Omega turns the corner she gives the Batch a wave.

"This day keeps getting weirder and weirder."

✦✧✦✧

The cafeteria was filled with chatter about different things, previous missions, new clones, the normal.

"Clones being programmed. Nothing controls me." Wrecker states rather loudly

"Wrecker, it is a logical conclusion that your affinity for destruction would stem from your conditioning." Tech says. 

"You take that back!"

"I am merely stating a scientific hypothesis based on factual data."

"Well, I got a fact for you. I like to blow things up because I like to blow things up!" Wrecker yells and the cafeteria goes quiet to stare at Wrecker for a moment before going back to what they were doing. "Got it?"

"Well, I'm convinced." Crosshair says as Hunter sits down next to Tech. "An Imperial's been sent to evaluate the clones. Everybody's talking about it."

"What kind of evaluation?" Echo asks.

"Hopefully not mental. Clearly we'd never pass that. Well, maybe Genesis." Tech inquires and everyone turns to Genesis who twirls her spoon between her fingers.

"Hello again." Omega says as she sits down next to Hunter and gives a slight wave as everyone stares at the young girl.

"Omega. From earlier?" She says with slight uncertainty as no one says anything still from the slight shock. "In the corridor?"

"Yeah, kid. We remember. Don't you have someplace to be?" Hunter asks.

"No. I'll stay."

"You want to sit with us? That's never happened before." Tech says.

"Wow."

"I like you. You don't fit in around here either. Especially you Genesis." Omega says and Genesis gives a slight smile. "Yeah well," She drops her spoon on the tray. "You either gotta be known or be a ghost. I choose to be known."

"What are you really doing here on Kamino, kid? Don't you have a family somewhere?" Hunter pushes on with the questions.

"Parents?"

"Check it out. The defect squad's got themselves a new recruit." A clone says as he and a few others past the Batch's table. "Another member added to the Sad Batch."

Genesis stares at them as she rests her chin on her hand. "What are you doing?" Asks Echo. "Making a mental note to leave them a little surprise late." Genesis says squinting her eyes.

Suddenly food hits the clone and turns around to face Omega who's holding some food in her hand. "Now apologize to my friends."

"I like this kid!" Wrecker says, hitting Echo in the chest.

"What did you say to me?" The clone stalks towards the girl before Hunter stops them "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Back off. I suggest you keep moving."

Wrecker stands up behind Omega as the clones consider their next actions. The clone scoffs "Know your place, lab scrabber." The clone says and next thing he knows a tray got flung at his head.

They turn to see Wrecker holding multiple trays stacked up. "Oops."

"That's it." The clone and a few others stand up ready to attack.

"Oh, yeah!" Wrecker yells, throwing the trays at a clone as Hunter starts fighting.

Genesis groans as she buries her face in her hands. "Oh, not again." She hears Echo say as a cup flies past her head, barely misses her head.

She senses someone sneaking on her so she quickly turns around, grabs them by the back of their neck and slams their head into the table hard enough to knock them out.

She tilts to the side as a clone gets thrown across.

"Idiots." She mutters as she throws an empty tray at a clone.

"Echo, watch out." Tech yells as a clone hits Echo over the head with a tray. Knocking Echo out.

Genesis quickly stands on a table and whistles loud enough for everyone to stop fighting and look at her. "Alright, assholes, here's the deal. Stop fighting like the immature clones you all are. OR!" She says spinning around to make sure everyone's attention is on her. "All of you will be expecting a very stormy morning. So I suggest you stop unless you wanna wake up, floating in the middle off who knows where." She shrugs as she climbs down the table.

"Psycho!"

"Crazy!"

"Yeah, well I've been called worse."

Genesis smiles as she approaches her brothers and Omega as they give her a look. "What?"

✦✧✦✧

Echo finally wakes up and panics as Omega calms him down. "Echo. Echo, it's- it's okay. It's me. Omega." She unhooks the wires from him. "I understand. I don't like being hooked up to their machines either."

"Hello, CT-1409." The droid says." His name is Echo." Omega clarifies. "I am AZI-345211896246498721347, your assigned medical droid."

"Ha! Told you he's alive! You owe me two credits." Wrecker declares as the others enter the medical bay.

"CT-1409's condition is stable. But I have some distressing news for the rest of you. According to your test results, you all appear to be genetically defective clones."

Wrecker looks at the others with a surprised face as the others don't seem phased by this.

"I will leave you to process the shock of this revelation. Also, Genesis, please come see me when you have a chance." AZI says and leaves the room leaving the clones and Omega in there.

"You're not going to see AZI." Hunter says and Genesis raises an eyebrow "Why?"

"I- I don't think it's worth it." Hunter says and Genesis stares at him for a minute before shrugging. "you're probably right." She crosses her arms across her chest before she adds. "Wonder why AZI didn't use my number." She mutters before turning to Echo.

"Anyways, We got a problem." Echo reveals

"Not really. We're more deviant than we are defective."

"Not that. Admiral Tarkin's here. He's the one evaluating the clones." Echo says.

"The same Tarkin from the Citadel rescue when you, uh..." Tech tries to put his next words lightly. "How shall I put this?"

"Blew up." Wrecker directly says.

"Went boom." Genesis adds. "And turned into that." Crosshair motions and Echo sighs. "Yes. And he's not a big supporter of clones."

"Mika said he wasn't a big supporter of Jedi either. Or at least when she was around." Genesis mentions.

"We'll soon find out. We've been summoned by the prime minister." Hunter says and Genesis does a mocking cheer. "Yay..."

"Guess he didn't find that mess hall fight amusing. But I sure did." Wrecker laughs. 

"Come on. Let's get this over with." Hunter says and everyone gets ready to leave but Omega stops them. "Wait. The fight was my fault. I'm going too."

"Not happening. We'll handle this." Genesis walks out leaving Hunter with Omega. "But I-"

"Listen, kid. Our squad's nothing but trouble. For your sake, keep your distance. Got it?" Hunter follows everyone out. They start their way to the Prime Ministers and a Clone speaks up, stopping them as they turn to face the clone. "Where do you think you're going? The training facility is that way."

"Training facility?"

"For a battle simulation. Admiral Tarkin has requested to see more of your squad in action." The clone says approaching them.

"Then we are not being reprimanded?" Tech asks.

"No, you're being tested. Now, go gear up."

"So, we're not in trouble, and they want us to fight more? Ha! Maybe this Empire thing's not so bad after all." Wrecker yells as they get led to the training facility.

✦✧✦✧

"Oh boy, this'll be fun." Genesis murmurs slipping on her helmet as the lift there standing on gets lifted up into the training arena.

"The value of all clone troopers is being challenged by the Empire. To demonstrate your effectiveness, a combat-proficiency test is in order. Take your positions."

"We've done these a thousand times. You know what to do." Hunter slips on his helmet.

"A battle simulation? Give us a real challenge." Wrecker says and they all run into position.

Droids rise from the floor and activate their blasters and the turrets turn to them and start firing.

"Crosshair, take the tower." Hunter commands and Crosshair starts to climb up a tower and starts taking out the turrets along with the droids.

Hunter nods and Genesis runs forward as she jumps over a barrier and kicks down a droid as she shoots a few more droids before she runs into cover as the others advance.

"This is taking way too long!" 

"Really isn't." Genesis mutters as her eyes dart around for a way through and suddenly Wrecker runs in 

"Seriously?"

Wrecker takes out the droids and starts yelling. "What else ya got? Gimme more!"

"So... we're done?" Genesis asks as she hears the lifts and Wrecker turns around as two large droids rise up.

"New toys. Now we're talking." Wrecker starts firing at them but the bolts don't affect the droids. The droid grabs Wrecker as he gets ready to ram into it. The droid throws him back and he gets shot.

"They're using live rounds." Hunter says and Genesis rolls her eyes "Yeah, I got that."

"Get Wrecker. We'll cover you." Hunter and Echo start firing at the droids while Tech and Genesis run towards cover.

"Wrecker, are you all right?" Tech runs forward helping a crawling Wrecker as Genesis gives them cover fire. "I felt that one."

More droids lift up from behind and start firing at them and they run to the other side. "This is going well." Crosshair says.

"These training blasters are useless on them."

"Then we improvise. If Tarkin wants to test us, let's not disappoint him."

Tech, Genesis and Wrecker hear a whistle and turn to face Hunter and gives them some hand signals as Genesis quickly pulls out her knife

"Oh! I hate hand signals." Wrecker complains as Genesis snickers.

"Perhaps if you memorized them." Suggests Tech.

"Why don't you memorize them?"

"I have." The three clones duck as a blaster bolt shoots past their barrier.

"What we did on Felucia." Tech says.

"Well, why didn't you just say that?" Wrecker gives a thumbs up as Genesis presses a button on her knife and it glows as the blade fills with electricity.

 Echo distracts them as Wrecker knocks one over. Echo jumps on one and Genesis throws her knife into the head as the knife overloads the droid.

Tech runs forward and stops Wrecker from destroying the droid any further. "Reprogramming this thing will be pointless if you crush it."

"You better be right about this." Wrecker holds down the droid and Tech reprograms it.

"These are unusual tactics." Tarkin mentions as he watches Genesis carefully.

"The clones of experimental Unit 99 have a tendency to veer from standard combat protocol."

"What about that one?" Tarkin points to Genesis who threw two colored smoke grenades to distract the other droids. 

"Genesis, the first female clone. Was an... unexpected clone. But is quite a worthy soldier."

"Interesting.."

"Y'all wanna hurry that up?" Genesis hides behind cover as Wrecker and Echo let go of the droid and Tech hops on it and commands it to start shooting at the other droids.

Hunter and Genesis destroy a few droids as Crosshair distracts some, while wrecker tosses one into the other.

The droid Tech was controlling loses the connection and tosses Tech off. Hunter throws his knife into the droid, distracting it. It starts shooting at him and he runs behind cover.

"Crosshair, we need more cover fire."

"Wrecker, Knife." Wrecker tosses his knife as Crosshair shoots it dead on in the droid's head. 

Everyone walks out from cover and Genesis gives a thumbs up at Crosshair.

"So. Did we pass?"

✦✧✦✧

"Extraordinary, aren't they?" Nala se looks at some of the pods as they show Tarkin the cloning pods.

"That remains to be seen. Tell me about Clone Force 99."

"They are medically defective clones whose cellular mutations enhanced traits desirable in a soldier." Tarkin observes Omega before looking up at Nala Se

"How many of these enhanced clones do you possess?"

"Six are all that remain."

"They could be an asset to your new Empire." The prime minister speaks up.

"Yet reports indicate they exhibit a concerning level of disobedience and disregard for orders." Tarkin argues.

"A side effect of their mutation."

"Like the female?"

"Yet one that has never hindered the completion of their missions." Prime minister says, dodging the question Tarkin asked about Genesis.

"Then they executed Order 66?"

"Since both the Jedi General and Padawan on Kaller were eliminated, one would assume."

"Assume nothing. Only the general's death is confirmed. A counter-report, filed by one of their own, says the Padawan escaped. Let us see where the loyalty of these clones truly lies." Tarkin leaves the Kamanoans and Omega, while Omega realizes she has to warn Clone Force 99

✦✧✦✧

"Live rounds? They used live rounds! On us!" Wrecker yells as he throws his helmet. "We were there, Wrecker. We know."

"I tried to warn you about Tarkin." Echo mentions as Genesis tosses her helmet on her cot. 

"Who's that Imperial snake think he is?" Wrecker yells.

"Stow it, already. You got shot. It happens all the time." Crosshair added and Genesis speaks up. "But there is a difference between taking fire in battle and being used for target practice." She points one of her knives at Crosshair. "And that Crossy, was target practice."

"Exactly! We're not dummy droids."

"That much we agree on." Everyone turns to face Tarkin who stood at the door with two coruscant guards standing behind him.

Genesis throws her knife aside as the group stands as Tarkin enters the room. "That was quite an impressive display."

"Didn't have much choice." Hunter says as Genesis bites her lip to hide a chuckle. "Our new empire may have methods which seem a bit unorthodox, but so does this squadron. Both certainly have their merits."

 Nale Se speaks quite highly of her six enhanced clones. She claims you're more capable than an army."

"You have a mission for us, sir?" Tarkin turns towards Hunter and Genesis cringes at Tarkin's stare. "Indeed have tracked a group of insurgents to the Onderon sector. They must be dealt with."

"What sort of insurgents?" Echo asks. "Separatist forces intent on keeping the galaxy at war. If you neutralize this grave threat, you will be looked upon most favorably as I assess the needs of the Imperial Army." Tarkin leaves the quarters as the Bad Batch watches him.

✦✧✦✧

"Find any more intel on the insurgents?" Tech wonders as Genesis sits on entrance to the Marauder and looks on a holopad and shrugs. "Negative. Imperial files are locked down tight." She hands him the holopad as she rests her hand on her chin while her elbow rests on her knee. "Give me time. I'll crack them." She gives him a thumbs up as she looks out at the hanger.

"I'll say this for the Empire, they know firepower. You should see the new armory." Wrecker pushes the cart filled with what everyone assumed was explosions as Crosshair follows.

"He actually cried." 

"Hey, we both did."

"There's no room onboard for that." Tech motions to the cart. "Yeah? Well, I'll make room." Wrecker sighs and grabs the crate. "A new mission and unlimited explosives. Things are back to normal."

"That's not going near my rack. I refuse to sleep by a projectile again." Tech argues as Wrecker carries the crate to the ship as Genesis shakes her head as she moves aside for the three to pass.

Hunter  approaches the Marauder but Omega calls out to him, making him shake his head and turn to face the young girl. "I told you to keep your distance."

"I know, but I need to talk to you."

"All right. What is it?" Hunter gets to her level as she explains that she thinks Tarkin hates clones. Especially Clone Force 99.

"Ah, that's nothing new for us. But we get the job done."

"I don't trust him." She adds.

"A mission's a mission. It's nothing to worry about." he reassures but she doesn't seem so sure. "Then let me come with you."

"Kid, you're not a soldier. It's dangerous."

"It's dangerous here too. Things aren't like before. We need to leave Kamino."

"Hunter, let's go!" Wrecker yells as Genesis watches the two one last time before she heads onto the ship.

"Change takes getting used to. You'll see. Just give it time." Hunter walks away and Omega stops him once more. "Um, n-never mind." She watches him talk to crosshair then walk into the ship.

Omega fiddles with her hands as she watches the Marauder leave while she can't shake the feeling that this is a set up.

✦✧✦✧

The Marauder lands in a clearing in an eerie deserted jungle planet. Everyone exits the Marauder as a creature roars and Echo asks the same question Genesis has. "What was that?"

"You don't want to know."

"Thanks for that, Tech..." Genesis mummers as looks around at the plants.

"Well, at least it's not a swamp."

"Yet."

"It's close enough."

"The Separatist encampment's two klicks south." Hunter says as he turns to face the group. "We'll continue on foot and do a full perimeter scan." Wrecker runs forward and Hunter stops him. "Covertly."

"Oh, come on. It's been days since I've blown something up."

"Easy, Wrecker. Your programming's kicking in." Tech warns. "Hey, don't start with that!" Wrecker roughly pushes Tech ahead and follows behind.

The Bad Batch walks through the eerie jungle as they hear the sounds of chirping animals while Tech scans for anything.

"How many droids are we talking about, Tech?" Hunter asks Tech as his scan suddenly glitches out.

"I can't tell from this distance. Something's blocking my scan."

"Clankers always travel in packs. Let's get a closer look at what we're walking into." They climbed up onto a massive tree as they finally found the camp.

"Tell me what you see, Tech." Hunter mutters as Genesis eyes widen as she can see a human walking around the camp.

"I'm clocking 25 heat signatures ahead but zero droids."

"Tarkin said insurgents, not droids." Crosshair clarifies and Genesis kicks his side slightly.

"I'm not sure they're either." Echo states as Genesis lets out a shaky breath. "There's children down there."

"Children? Out here?" Hunter grabs the Macrobinoculars from Echo and observes the camp. "Something's not right." He states handing the Macrobinoculars back to Echo.

"What are you waiting for? Give the order." Crosshair aims his sniper at one of the campers.

"Negative. Stand down." Hunter commands as Crosshair hisses out something.

"You mean, we're not blasting any droids." Wrecker asks. 

"There aren't any droids, Wrecker."

"Well, so what do we do?"

"We finish the mission. Make the call, Hunter." Crosshair demanded as Hunter glanced around. "We're not alone. Now stand down." Suddenly soldiers surround the clones as they themselves pull out their own blasters.

"You heard him. Stand down."

"Let's hear them out. Trust me." Hunter slowly pushes Wrecker's blaster down as he surrenders. Everyone follows suit as Crosshair sighs and surrenders.

They get led to the camp and Genesis notices people back away from them. "These aren't Separatists. They're Republic fighters."

"Why would Tarkin send us to attack our own forces?" Tech questions as a familiar face steps up to the clones. "Because we refuse to fight for an Empire."

"You're Saw Gerrera. Trained by Captain Rex and the Skywalker twins to fight for the Republic." Tech states as one of the soldiers grabs Hunter's blaster and hands it to Saw.

"So, the newly declared empire sent you to wipe us out?"

"Well, we're here to neutralize a group of insurgents." Saw chuckles "Well... here we are. Strike us down like you did the Jedi?" Saw argues and Hunter flinches at the mention of Jedi and Genesis steps forward ready to go head to head with Saw as Tech grabs her arm and stops her.

"Is that a request?" Crosshair asks.

"Shut up. We expected to find battle droids, not-" Genesis explained as she gazed around the camp. "Civilians? Times change, targets change. Why don't you take a look at the insurgents you were sent to destroy?" The clones look around at the elders, parents and kids cowering behind their parents.

"Makes you wonder what else they're lying about." Saw turns to the soldiers and commands them to pack up the camp as he explains what's going on to the civilians.

"What's going on here? Who are these people?" Hunter asks as he approaches Saw.

"Villagers, croppers, former Republic fighters, all now displaced refugees since Palpatine unjustly appointed himself Emperor." 

"According to reports, the Jedi made an attempt on the Supreme Chancellor's life. His actions were a defensive measure." Tech mentions.

"And I figured you for the smart one." Saw snapped and Tech is slightly taken aback by Saw's comment. 

"With the Jedi decimated and the clone army under his command, Palpatine will have control over the entire galaxy. Unless we stop him."

"The war is over." Crosshair states. 

"If we give up now, everything we fought for... everything we lost, will have been for nothing. I won't let that happen. The Clone War may have ended, but a civil war is about to begin."

"With a handful of fighters and limited firepower? You don't stand a chance." Genesis remarks.

"Not alone we don't."

"We should leave if we're gonna make the rendezvous. What do we do with them?" A soldier asks while he faces the clones.

"The clones once helped us free Onderon, so we'll give them a choice. The old ways are done." Saw points the blaster at Hunter. "You can either adapt and survive, or die with the past. The decision is yours." He offers the handle to Hunter and he takes it. Saw turns off the source of light in the forest and the group leaves as they move on to find a new spot.

Wrecker hands everyone their helmets and they get ready to head back to the ship when Hunter turns and looks out into the forest.

"What is it?" Genesis murmurs looking around.

"Nothing." Hunter finally declares as everyone follows him but Crosshair as he looks around for a moment before following.

✦✧✦✧

"At least with the Republic we knew where we stood." Tech explains as they approach the Marauder. "Tarkin and this Empire are a whole different story."

"Why are we debating this? We need to complete the mission." Crosshair sneered.

"Wake up, Crosshair. They sent us to eliminate innocent civilians." Echo argues. "Who said they're innocent?"

Hunter suddenly turns around to face the arguing clones. "What's wrong with you?" He barks and Crosshair turns to Hunter. "Me? I'm following orders."

"Exactly."

"Those insurgents are plotting against the Emperor."

"So what? If anything I'm with them in terms of plotting against, said Emperor." Genesis remarks crossing her arms across her chest and Crosshair turns to her and she notices there's a look in his eyes that she can't quite understand.

"Not helping." Tech adds and all she does is shrug. "If you don't have the stomach to do what needs to be done, then you're both not fit to lead this squad." Crosshair places a toothpick in his mouth as he and Hunter have a stare down before Hunter quickly pulls out his blaster and shoots something behind Crosshair.

"We're being followed." Hunter mutters and goes to check out what he shot.

"Oh, lovely a probe droid." Genesis comments as the others approach it. "Tarkin's spying on us now?"

"The Jedi never did that." Echo adds as Crosshair approaches "Having second thoughts Crossy?" Genesis smirks.

"Not that you know of." Crosshair ignores Genesis's remark as realization hits Hunter.

"Omega."

"What about her?"

"She warned me about the mission. And Tarkin. She said not to return to Kamino, that it's not safe for us anymore." Hunter claims as Tech asks Genesis to start up the ship and she nods as she heads up into the ship as the ramp closes behind her.

"Maybe she's right." Wrecker suggests.

"We're taking the word of a child now?" Crosshair inquires.

"I would not discount Omega's insight." Tech says rather quietly as if he doesn't want someone to over hear.

"A state of heightened awareness is not unusual for an enhanced clone such as herself." He says and Wrecker laughs. "Good one, Tech. You almost had me."

"When Nala Se spoke of six clones, Tarkin assumed that meant us, but Echo's a reg. The sixth is Omega. I  confirmed my suspicions after analyzing her DNA while we were in the infirmary." Tech says.

"And you waited until now to mention it? Plus shouldn't Gen know she isn't the only female clone?" Echo asks and the four look at each other while Echo looks confused. "Am I missing something?"

"No, it's..." Hunter sighs. "It's a long story." Tech finishes for him. "But, back on track with Omega. I thought it was obvious."

"How is it obvious?"

"We're going back for her." Hunter says as the ship doors come down. "Y'all ready?" Genesis smiles as Tech motions her to the cockpit. "...What's going on?"

"We're going back for Omega."

"Because she warned us about the mission?" She asks and Tech nods. "Alright then. It'll be nice to have another female." She affirmed as she takes a seat

✦✧✦✧

Omega and AZI enter Clone Force 99s barracks. "Wow." They look around as the barrack is filled with crates, and some project that Tech or Genesis was seemingly working on. "What is all this stuff, AZI?" she asks in wonder at all of this potential junk.

"My scanners are indicating an assortment of armament, curios and detritus of little to no value." AZI explains as Omega observes a tool laying around. "I like it." She deems as she continues exploring.

"We should not be here, Omega. Nala Se instructed us to stay in the medical wing." AZI reminds Omega as he too looks around.

"Don't worry. She reassures. We're on... a research assignment."

"A research assignment? Those are my favorite." AZI confesses while his voice becomes cheerier and he spins around. "What is it we are searching for? Is it this?" He looks at some odd parts sitting around. Omega's eyes get stuck on some intricate designs scratched above a cot.

She approaches the designs and notices a knife with a dull blade and some paint splatters on the handle. She picks it up and observes the knife delicately.

She runs her hand down the designs and she closes her eyes as she feels like she's connecting to these designs. 

She notices a box sitting next to the cot behind where she was and she goes to open the box and she finds a holopad. She grabs it and she sits on the crate and turns on the holopad revealing an image of all of the Bad Batch and she smiles at the photo.

"This is a curious keepsake." AZI messes with a mess of wires and he pulls a droid head attached to the wires and he jumps back as he drops the head.

"Shh! People will hear us." Omega whispers, picking up the droid head. "

I have concluded this space is unfit for habitation."

Suddenly the two hear clone chatter from outside. "Someone is coming. Time to go." She whispers as she grabs AZI's hand and pulls him behind her as she walks quietly to the door which opens and she runs into a clone trooper.

"You're not authorized to be in here."

"I... Got lost." She says uncertainty, not sure if the clone is buying her lie. "Sorry. It won't happen again."

"Pack up their gear and take it to the hangar. You, you're coming with me." The clone roughly grabs Omega's arm but AZI stops the clone. 

"We will not. We are official Kaminoan medical personnel-"

"Don't touch me, droid." The clone pulls out his blaster and stuns AZI. "AZI!" Omega yells as the clone pulls her out of the barracks and roughly grabs her arm once again and takes her to the cells.

✦✧✦✧

The marauder jumps out of hyperspace and closes in on Kamino. "I'm getting no response from com-scan. This is unusual." Tech states as the Marauder flies towards the city.

"Bring us in. We'll find out what's going on."

"Why do I have a bad feeling about this..." Genesis murmurs as she and Tech bring the ship into the docking bay.

Thunder rumbles as they approach the closed bay doors that usually are open most of the time.

"Stick to the plan. Split up, find Omega, meet back here at the ship." Hunter commands as Tech presses a button and the bay doors open, revealing an empty hanger which is unusual but they shake off the feeling as they enter the hanger.

Hunter motions for them to stop and suddenly clone troopers around them, blasters pointed at them. Genesis grabs a colored smoke grenade.

"As expected."

"The Empire does not tolerate failure, Sergeant." Tarkin remarks as he approaches the surrounded clones.

"There were some complications." 

"Yes, the probe droid's report was quite detailed." Tarkin reveals and everyone turns to him. "Conspiring with Saw Gerrera. I assume you know the punishment for treason."

"Treason?"

"Throw them in the brig." A clone pushes Genesis forward and she has to prevent herself from flipping off the clones and Tarkin or just attack them head on.

✦✧✦✧

They get stripped of their armor and weapons and are left in their blacks as they get taken to the brig.

Genesis flips off the clones as soon as the barrier comes up.

"Smells weird." Wrecker suddenly says and Genesis groans as she runs her hand through her hair.

"Can we like please, find a way out of here? Instead of talking about the cleanness of a jail cell." She grunts as she sits down on the bench.

"Well, the plan wasn't a total failure." Tech spoke as everyone turned to see Omega sitting in the corner as she gave a slight wave.

"Goody."

"I warned you not to come back." Omega states as Hunter gets to her level. "Had to. We were looking for you." Omega perks up slightly at what he said.

"Me?"

"What do you say, kid? You wanna come with us or did we get captured for nothing?"

"You came back for me?" Omega repeats.

"Yep, Or you can stay on Kamino..." Genesis speaks up and Omega looks straight at her and nods rapidly. "No, it's like I said before I want to go with you."

"How touching." Crosshair says and Hunter turns to face him before Wrecker stops the potential fight. "Uh, Hunter, Gen, how are we breaking outta here?"

"I'm out." Genesis raises her hands in surrender.

"I'm working on it." Hunter growls as Crosshair decides to speak up. "You know what you should work on? Explaining when you went soft."

"Stow it, Crosshair."

"Don't you see we're locked up in here because of him? He had us disobey orders."

"I never thought you disobeying orders was a problem." Tech adds. "Yeah. We do it all the time."

"Good soldiers follow orders." Crosshair suddenly snaps. "Every choice you both made since Kaller has been wrong. First the Padawan, then Gerrara. You're becoming a liability."

"We can debate my choices later. For now, let's focus on getting outta here."

Crosshair goes to sit on the bench as he holds his head and Omega joins him and the two talk.

"So, how we gettin out of here?" Genesis murmurs. "To be honest, I don't know." Hunter says. "That's reassuring."

Three clones enter the room and one approaches the cell. "CT-9904, you're coming with us." The clone commands pointing at Crosshair.

"No, no, no, no. We stay together." Hunter argues and the clone rams the butt of the blaster into Hunter and he falls to the ground as the other clones have their blasters pointed at everyone. Omega slides to Genesis as the clone unexpectedly starts to calm the young girl.

Crosshair stands up and complies with the troopers and they lead him out.

✦✧✦✧

Everyone sits around with no plan, no nothing that'll get them out. "Seems like you got a shadow." Genesis smirks as she watches Omega copy Hunter's movements.

"I've got it. Why didn't I think of it before?" Tech says pushing Echo aside as he sits next to Genesis and Hunter. "This is not a prison."

"Yeah, well, I beg to differ."

"This is a Kaminoan facility. It was built prior to the Clone Wars. There were no barracks or prisons when it was constructed." Tech explains.

"Well, how does that help us?" 

"Because while these cells were retrofitted to hold normal individuals, they could not possibly account for someone like Wrecker." Tech says and Wrecker stands up. "Oh! You mean I could punch our way out?" He spoke loudly and everyone shushed him. "Oh. Right. You mean I could punch our way out?"

"If you punch the correct spot."

"Right. Show me where." Wrecker rubs his hands together.

"If this is gonna work, we'll need some cover. Form a wall." Hunter commands and him, Omega, Echo and Genesis form a wall to block the view of Tech and Wrecker while Tech finds the spot for Wrecker to punch.

"Tell me when."

"Now."

Wrecker hits the wall and quickly sits back down as the clones look up at them and then back to what they were doing.

"Nothing happened."

"Try harder." Genesis suggests shrugging.

"Are you sure this is gonna work?"

"Try it again. Like Genesis said, a little harder." Tech adds. "You're all clear. Make it count."

Wrecker punches the wall and quickly sits back down. "Oh, it still didn't work."

"Oh, yes, it did." Tech scans the wall as he pulls a piece of the wall back "Look."

"I'll never fit through that." Wrecker complains as Genesis sticks her head through the hole. "I possibly can-"

"I'll do it." Omega suddenly says and Genesis nearly hits her head on the bent piece of metal as she pulls her head out.

"You sure, kid?"

"I'm sure." She says, clearly determined.

"Okay. Get to the console and hit the lever to lower the ray shield." Hunter states as Wrecker and Tech pull the metal open wide enough for Omega to fit through as they pull the metal back over the hole.

"Incoming."

"Wait, where's the girl?"

"Um, right here?" Genesis points to self with a cheeky smile on her face as the clone shakes his head at her immaturity.

"You tell us."

"Harm her and you're a dead man." Echo threatens.

"Operations, we need a status report on prisoner 0219."

The vent above the clones makes a clanking sound as the clones look up.

"Sorry. These floors don't hold me so well on account of them not being designed for abnormal individuals such as myself." Wrecker explains and the others shake their heads at Wrecker's 'distracting.'

"What's behind you?"

"Nothing." Wrecker calmly rests against the broken piece.

"Move away from the wall. Now."

"Why don't you come here and make me?" Wrecker yells and suddenly the clone's helmet goes off. "Copy that. The girl's still registered in lockdown."

"Um, I'm right here." Genesis states once again. "Tell us where she is." Suddenly the vent collapses on the clones with Omega on top.

"Hit the switch, Omega!" She runs to the console and pulls down the lever before she gets grabbed by a clone from behind. 

"Hey, red." Wrecker punches the clone and the clone stumbles back into the wall and Tech shoots the other clone with a stun.

"Ha! Not bad."

"We need to find out where they took Crosshair. Let's move." Hunter says and they all head out of the cell and into the hallways of the building. They wait until a group of clones pass and they continue.

As they round a corner Tech sighs. "We're not going to get very far without our gear."

"They started moving all your things to the hangar. Your gear might be there too." Omega adds.

"This way."

After sneaking around they finally made their way to the hangar where they saw all their armor laying around.

"All right, suit up. Let's make this quick."

Genesis rips open a crate expecting to find her armor but instead finds small boxes filled with her explosive powder. "How rude." She mutters as she locates a satchel close by and stuffs it with the boxes while also slipping on her armor.

"Tech, power up the ship. The rest of us will go after Crosshair." Hunter says as he hands Genesis her knives. "Oh wait," She tosses the satchel to Tech. "Don't keep it near explosives." he nods and carries it onto the ship.

"I don't think we'll have to go far." Omega suddenly says as she looks at the door that suddenly opens revealing clones with blasters at the ready and everyone ducks behind the crates.

"Is that Crosshair?" Wrecker asks the question everyone suddenly wanted to ask as they watch him follow behind the clones now donning all black armor.

"You are an idiot if you're-" Genesis whispers as Hunter grabs his helmet to face Crosshair. "And he's an idiot."

"Best stand down, Sergeant. Make it easy on yourself."

"Have you lost your mind?"

"We should've killed that Jedi. You disobeyed orders."

"I did what I thought was right." Genesis turns to see Omega hiding behind a crate and she motions for Omega to come to her and she does just that as Omega carefully runs to Genesis.

"You never could see the bigger picture. Now surrender."

Genesis watches Wrecker slip his helmet on and she does the same as she hands Omega Wrecker's doll.

"You might wanna keep that safe kid." she murmurs but with a slight smile on her face as Omega nods.

"Is that an order?"

"Heh. I guess it is."

"Well, I guess I'm disobeying that one too." Hunter and Crosshair have a stand off as each clone on their side waits for the other's movement. Crosshair suddenly shoots and Hunter dodges it as it hits the ship and he runs to where Genesis and Omega were hiding as Genesis starts shooting.

Smoke grenades get thrown and they hide under cover as Crosshair starts shooting.

"Tech, we gotta move. Now!"

"I'm working on it."

"Mind working harder?"

"Wrecker, clear the smoke on three." Hunter commands. "You got it, boss."

"Omega, stay low."

"One... two..."

"Three!" Wrecker slams two pieces of metal together, clearing the smoke as he throws the metal pieces at some clones. Crosshair dodges the next piece of metal getting thrown and quickly shoots Wrecker.

Omega runs towards a downed Wrecker but Genesis grabs her as the bolt barely misses her.

"He's using Wrecker as bait."

"But he needs help." She argues.

"Tech, we're out of time."

"Almost got it."

The marauder engines fire up indicating the ship is ready to escape. An alarm goes off as the bay doors slowly start closing but they suddenly stop.

"When I say 'go', you head for that ramp and don't stop. Got it?" Hunter tells Omega and she nods.

"Echo, Gen, we go for Wrecker." The two clones nod ready for the next move.

"Only one way out, Hunter. Your move."

"Go!"

The three start firing, making cover for Omega. Echo and Hunter help Wrecker as Genesis gives them cover fire before she helps them with Wrecker.

Crosshair aims his sniper at Genesis and he gets ready to pull the trigger when the sniper gets shot out of his hands.

The three look up to Omega with a blaster, aimed right at Crosshair. He pulls out a blaster and before he can shoot, Omega starts firing at him, giving them cover as they get Wrecker on the ship and the ramp closes as the ship takes off the landing pad and out of the city.

The ship flies away from Kamino as Genesis joins Tech in the cockpit in the co-pilot seat as they hear Wrecker complaining about getting poked at. 

"I got it, Tech." Genesis says as he nods as he joins the others in the back to help with Wrecker.

She gazes out into the empty void of space that was filled with the sparkling stars as she hears Omega's small footsteps joining her.

"Pretty isn't it?

"I've never seen anything like it." Omega says dazzled from the sight of the stars.

"It is a sight to behold." Genesis murmurs, leaning her head against the side of her chair as she brings one of her legs up to her chest.

"Your first time in space?" Hunter suddenly asks as Omega slightly turns to him. "First time anywhere. Genesis is right, it's so pretty."

"Impressive shot back there. Where'd you learn to do that?" Hunter asks. "I don't know. I never fired a blaster before. I guess I got lucky."

"She's not the only one." Tech adds as he sits in the pilot chair as Echo helps Wrecker.

"I'm fine. It'll take more than a blaster shot to take me down." Wrecker chuckles as he holds his doll. 

"You were down." Echo clarifies. "Yeah, well, not for long." Wrecker laughs as he suddenly groans from his injury.

"What's the plan, Hunter?" Genesis asks as she turns her chair with her lowered leg to face him.

"I thought we could go off on our own. Lay low. But with Crosshair gunning for us, I'm not so sure."

"What about your friends? Could any of them help us?" Omega asks.

"That would be a short list." Tech admits as Genesis smirks, turning back to the console.

"I can think of one. Plot a course for J-19."

"J-19?"

"We know a guy." Genesis adds and Wrecker laughs. "Yeah!"

"Strap in, kid. You're not gonna wanna miss this view." Hunter says motioning to Genesis's chair and she scoots aside making room for Omega as the young girl sits next to the clone.

Omega watches Tech press some buttons as the hyperspace engines start up and he pulls a lever as the Marauder jumps into Hyperspace and Omega smiles at the sight of the lights.

✦✧✦✧ 

When I tell you I'm finally happy that I'm done writing this chapter as it's 10.4k words making this THE longest chapter I've ever written.

I really don't have an excuse for the reason that this chapter took so long to be written was because it was an hour long episode and I didn't want to split it into multiple chapters.

But thank you so much for the patience and I can hopefully guarantee that the next episodes won't take as long as they are just around 20-30 minutes.

Anyways I hope y'all are enjoying the reboot as much as I am, I'm happy now that Genesis feels like she has more personality to her character where originally she felt one sided and of course this isn't a reboot with some side plots that'll be coming up soon! 

Anyways enough of my rambling, I'll see you guys in the next episode!

Rose-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.2K 1.8K 94
*SEQUEL* to my first TBB fanfiction titled "Stealth and Track" The adventures of Fern, Omega, and the boys of the Bad Batch continue after the destru...
77.1K 1.8K 34
Delta. That is what they choose to call her. Delta is a bounty hunter who has been assigned a very special mission.... to protect the Clone, Ome...
147K 4.7K 45
When she was asked to join the Bad Batch she though little to nothing about it. I mean she was a doctor after all and her job was to make sure the cl...
6.2K 130 27
If you're here, hi! I rewrote this story, so go check out the new and improved on my account, same name, and same picture. Thank you!!!