The Tardis' Girl (Previously...

By DisasterChild20

The Story of Robyn, Captain Jack Harkness' daughter... or is she. More

The Empty Child
The Doctor Dances
Boom Town
Bad Wolf
The Parting of Ways
The Beast Below
Victory of the Daleks
Flesh and Stone
The Vampires of Venice
Amy's Choice
The Hungry Earth
Cold Blood
R.I.P Bernard Cribbins
Vincent and the Doctor
The Lodger
The Pandorica Opens
The Big Bang
Comic Relief 2011 - Time
The Impossible Astronaut
Day of the Moon

The Time of Angels

249 6 19
By DisasterChild20

Robyn follows the Doctor through a museum as he points at the displays, giving his opinion "Wrong! Wrong! Bit right, mostly wrong. I love museums." he smiles. "Yeah, great. Can we go to a planet now? Big space ship, Churchill's bunker...? You promised me a planet next." Amy responds. "Amy, this isn't any old asteroid. It's the Delerium Archive, final resting place of the headless monks, the biggest museum ever." the Doctor says making Robyn nod as she looks at one of the exhibits. "You've got a time machine, what do you need museums for?" Amy asks. "Wrong! Very wrong! Oooh, one of mine. Also one of mine." the Doctor says pointing at a couple of things. "Oh, I see. It's how you keep score." Amy realises making Robyn giggle. Something in the next display case catches the Doctor's eye, a medium sized box with weird markings on the top. "Oh great, an old box." Amy comments. "It's from one of the old starliners. A Home Box." the Doctor explains. "What's a Home Box?" Amy asks him. "Like a black box on a plane, except it homes. Anything happens to the ship, the Home Box flies home, with all the flight data." the Doctor explains. "So?" Amy questions. "The writing, the graffiti. Old High Gallifreyan. The lost language of the Time Lords. There were days, there were many days, these words could burn stars and raise up empires, and topple Gods." the Doctor tells her. "What does it say?" Amy asks him. "Hello, sweetie." the Doctor dead pans. Robyn smiles knowing only one person who says that. The Doctor uses his screwdriver and steals the box, alarm bells starts to ring making them run to the Tardis as two guards chase after them.

"Why are we doing this?" Amy asks as the Doctor hooks the box to the console. "Cos someone on a space ship 12,000 years ago is trying to attract my attention. Let's see if we can get the security playback working." the Doctor tells her. A black and white video of River Song winking at the camera appears on the monitor making Robyn grin and bounce up and down. The footage switches to River with her back to the camera facing a door "The party's over, Doctor Song yet still you're on board." a man off screen tells her. River turns to face him "Sorry, Alistair. I needed to see what was in your vault. Do you all know what's down there? Any of you? Because I'll tell you something. This ship won't reach its destination." she tells him. "Wait till she runs. Don't make it look like an execution." Alistair says. River looks at her watch "Triple-seven, five, slash, three, four, nine by ten. Zero, twelve, slash, acorn. Oh, and I could do with an air corridor." she says looking at the camera. The Doctor begins typing on the keyboard "What was that, what did she say?" Amy asks. "Co-ordinates!" Robyn exclaims jumping up and down excitedly. The Doctor runs over to the door and pulls River inside the Tardis. They both land on the floor, River on top of the Doctor "Doctor?" Amy asks. "River?" the Doctor greets. They stand and watch the ship fly away "Follow that ship." River tells him.

The Doctor and River both work the controls while Amy stands back and watches with a grinning Robyn, River barefoot. "They've gone into warp drive, we're losing them! Stay close!" River says. "I'm trying!" the Doctor tells her. "Use the stabilisers." River tells him. "There aren't any stabilisers!" the Doctor responds. "The blue switches!" River exclaims. "The blue ones don't do anything, they're just... blue." the Doctor says. "Yes, they're blue. They're the blue stabilisers!" River says pressing the stabilisers, the ship becomes quiet "See?" she smiles. "Yeah, well, it's just boring now, isn't it? They're boring-ers. They're blue boring-ers." the Doctor pouts. "Doctor, how come she can fly the Tardis?" Amy asks. "You call that flying the Tardis? Ha!" he says as he sits on the seat to sulk. "Okay. I've mapped the probability vectors, done a fold-back on the temporal isometry, charted the ship to its destination, and parked us right along side." River smiles. "Parked us? We haven't landed." the Doctor says. "Of course we've landed. I just landed her." River responds. "But it didn't make the noise." he tells her. "What noise?" River asks. "You know, the..." the Doctor starts making the Tardis wheezing sound. "It's not supposed to make that noise. You leave the brakes on." River tells him making Robyn giggle. "Yeah, well, it's a brilliant noise. I love that noise. Come along, Pond, let's have a look." the Doctor tells Amy.

"No, wait! Environment checks." River tells him. "Oh, yes, sorry! Quite right. Environment checks. Nice out." the Doctor says sticking his head out the door. "We're somewhere in the Garn Belt. There's an atmosphere. Early indications suggest..." River starts. "We're on Alfava Metraxis, the seventh planet of the Dundra System. Oxygen-rich atmosphere, toxins in the soft band, 11-hour day, and... chances of rain later." the Doctor interrupts. "He thinks he's so hot when he does that." River tells Amy. The Doctor joins them at the console "How come you can fly the Tardis?" Amy asks. "Oh, I had lessons from the very best." River smiles. "Well, yeah." the Doctor smiles smugly. "It's a shame you were busy that day. Right then, why did they land here?" River asks picking up her shoes and heading to the door. "They didn't land." the Doctor tells her. "Sorry?" River asks. "You should've checked the Home Box - it crashed." the Doctor tells her. River steps outside and the Doctor closes the door behind her before heading back to the console "Explain! Who is that and how did she do that museum thing?" Amy asks. "It's a long story and I don't know most of it. Off we go!" the Doctor says. "What are you doing?" Amy asks. "Leaving. She's got where she wants to go, let's go where we want to go." the Doctor responds. "Are you basically running away?" Amy asks. "Yep." he tells her. "Why?" she asks. "Cos she's the future, my future." the Doctor explains. "Can you run away from that?" Amy asks. "I can run away from anything I like. Time is not the boss of me." the Doctor tells her. Robyn giggles "Hang on, is that a planet out there?" Amy asks. "Yes, of course it's a planet." the Doctor responds. "You promised me a planet. Five minutes?" Amy pleads. "Okay, five minutes!" the Doctor sighs.

Robyn grins and runs outside to find River "There's my Little Robyn!" River smiles spinning Robyn slightly. "Hi Mama!" Robyn grins wrapping her arms round River's neck. "Wait, Mama?" Amy asks confused. "Forgot to mention, she's also Robyn's Mother." the Doctor says. Robyn giggles and nuzzles her head into River's neck before jumping down and looking at the spaceship which has crashed into a large stone structure. "What caused it to crash? Not me." River asks. "Nah, the airlock would've sealed seconds after you blew it. According to the Home Box, the warp engines had a phase-shift. No survivors." the Doctor responds. "A phase-shift would have to be sabotage. I did warn them." River says. "About what?" the Doctor asks. "Well, at least the building was empty. Aplan temple. Unoccupied for centuries." River says ignoring the question and typing something into her handheld device. "Aren't you going to introduce us?" Amy asks the Doctor. "Amy Pond, Professor River Song." the Doctor introduces. "Oops." Robyn giggles and River faces the Doctor and Amy. "Ahhh, I'm going to be a Professor some day, am I? How exciting! Spoilers!" she smiles turning her attention back to what she was doing. "Yeah, but who is she and how did she do that? She just left you a note in a museum!" Amy asks. The Doctor  walks off slightly making River turn "Two things always guaranteed to show up in a museum. The Home Box of category four starliner and, sooner or later, him. It's how he keeps score." River laughs. "I know." Amy laughs. "It's hilarious, isn't it?" River asks.

The Doctor comes up behind them with sarcastic laugh "I'm nobody's taxi service! I'm not gonna be there to catch you every time you feel like jumping out of a space ship." he tells River. "And you are so wrong. There's one survivor. There's a thing in the belly of that ship that can't ever die. Now he's listening!" River smiles kissing Robyn's head before walking off slightly to talk into her device. "You lot in orbit yet? Yeah, I saw it land. I'm at the crash site. Try and home in on my signal. Doctor, can you sonic me? I need to boost the signal so we can use it as a beacon." River asks holding up the device. The Doctor takes out the sonic screwdriver and uses it on River's communication device, she drops a small curtsey in response. "Ooh, Doctor! You soniced her!" Amy smiles making Robyn giggle. "We have a minute. Shall we?" River calls over, walking back over aswell. Robyn sits down and starts making a small tower of stones as River opens her diary "Where were we up to? Have we done the Bone Meadows?" she asks the Doctor. "What's the book?" Amy asks. "Stay away from it." the Doctor asks. "What is it though?" Amy asks him. "Her diary." the Doctor says. "Our diary." River corrects. "Her past, my... future. Time travel. We keep meeting in the wrong order." the Doctor explains to Amy.

Robyn looks up as four columns of swirling dust appear, four soldiers appearing in desert camouflage uniforms. One of the soldiers approaches River "You promised me an army, Doctor Song." he tells her. "No. I promised you the equivalent of an army. This is the Doctor." River responds. The Doctor gives a lighthearted salute "Father Octavian, sir. Bishop, second class. 20 clerics at my command. The troops are already in the drop ship and landing shortly. Doctor Song was helping us with a covert investigation. Has Doctor Song explained what we're dealing with?" Octavian asks shaking the Doctor's hand. "Doctor, what do you know of the Weeping Angels?" River asks. The Doctor faces her quickly, immediately tense. Robyn frowns slightly but shrugs it off a River crouches down next to her "Shall we go get changed into some more comfy clothes?" she asks her. Smiling Robyn nods and lets River pick her up "Should a child be here?" Octavian asks. "She's not going to get in the way, if anything she'll be amazing." River tells him kissing Robyn's head and walking off with her in her arms.

Robyn sits watching her mum set up some footage "Does he know yet?" River asks her. "Not yet, Uncle Jack told me not to say anything just incase. We had to pretend not to know who he was when we first met him." Robyn giggles. River smiles and kisses her forehead "Let's get him in here to see the footage." she says before sticking her head out the door "Doctor? Doctor! Father Octavian!" she calls. The Doctor, Amy and Octavian walk in and Robyn jumps down from where she's sat "What do you think? It's from the security cameras in the Byzantium vault. I ripped it when I was on board. Sorry about the quality. It's four seconds. I've put it on loop." River explains. They look at the footage of a stone statue with its hands covering it's face "Yeah, it's an Angel. Hands covering its face." the Doctor comments. "You've encountered the Angels before?" Octavian asks. "Once, on Earth, a long time ago. But those were scavengers, barely surviving." the Doctor explains. "It's just a statue." Amy says. "It's a statue when you see it." Robyn tells her. "Where did it come from?" the Doctor asks. "Oh, pulled from the ruins of Razbahan, end of last century. It's been in private hands ever since, dormant all that time." River explains. "There's a difference between dormant and patient." the Doctor responds. "What's that mean, it's a statue when you see it?" Amy asks. "The Weeping Angels can only move if they're unseen. So legend has it." River explains. "No, it's not legend, it's a quantum lock. In the sight of any living creature, the Angels literally cease to exist. They're just stone. The ultimate defence mechanism." the Doctor corrects. "What, being a stone?" Amy asks. "Being a stone... until you turn your back." the Doctor says.

The Doctor leads Robyn, River and Octavian out the transportable room "The hyperdrive would've split on impact. The whole ship will be flooded with radiation, cracked electrons, gravity storms, deadly to almost any living thing." he says. "Deadly to an Angel?"Octavian asks. "Dinner to an Angel. The longer we leave it, the stronger it will grow. Who built that temple? Are they still around?" the Doctor asks. "The Aplans. The indigenous life-form. They died out 400 years ago." River reads off her device. "200 years later, the planet was terraformed. Currently there are six billion human colonists." Octavian concludes. "You lot, you're everywhere! Like rabbits! I'll never get done saving you." the Doctor says. "Sir, if there is a clear and present danger to the local population..." Octavian starts. "Oh, there is. Bad as it gets. Bishop, lock and load!" the Doctor interrupts. "Verger, how we doing with those explosives? Dr Song, with me." Octavian says. "Two minutes. Sweetie, I need you." River tells the Doctor leading Robyn over to a table. "Anybody need me? Nobody?" Amy asks from the room, getting no response.

River lifts Robyn onto the table and shows the Doctor a book "I found this. Definitive work on the Angels. Well, the only one. Written by a madman, it's barely readable, but I've marked a few passages." she explains. The Doctor takes it and flips through the pages of the book "Not bad, bit slow in the middle, didn't you hate his girlfriend? No, hang on, wait, wait!" he says before he sniffs the book. "Dr. Song? Did you have more than one clip of the Angel?" Amy asks poking her head out of the transportable room. "No, just the four seconds." River calls back. "This book is wrong! What's wrong with this book, it's wrong." the Doctor frowns. River watches him as he examines the book "Oh, it's so strange when you go all baby-face. How early is this for you?" River asks. "Very early." the Doctor responds. "So you don't know who I am yet?" River asks. "How do you know who I am? I don't always look the same." the Doctor asks her. "I've got pictures of all your faces. You never show up in the right order though. I need the spotter's guide." River smiles giving Robyn a wink. "Pictures? Why aren't there pictures? This whole book, it's a warning, about the Weeping Angels. So why no pictures? Why not show us what to look out for?" the Doctor asks holding the book out. "There was a bit about images." River tells him. "Yes! Hang on... 'That which holds the image of an angel becomes itself an angel.'" he reads out. "What does that mean? 'An image of a Angel becomes itself an Angel.'" River asks. Robyn's eyes widen "Amy!" she exclaims.

The Doctor catches onto what she's thinking and leads them back to the transportable room. "Doctor!" Amy calls through the locked door. "Are you all right? What's happening?" the Doctor asks. "Doctor! Doctor, it's coming out of the television. The Angel is here." Amy tells him."Don't take your eyes off it! It can't move if you're looking." the Doctor tells her getting out his screwdriver and typing on the keypad. "What's wrong?" River asks. "It's deadlocked." he tells her. "There is no deadlock." River responds. "Don't blink, Amy! Don't even blink!" Robyn calls through the door. "Doctor!" Amy shouts. "What are you doing?" River asks the Doctor. "Cutting the power. It's using the screen, I'm turning the screen off. It's no good, it's deadlocked the whole system." he explains. "There's no deadlock." River repeats. "There is now!" he tells her. "Help me!" Amy exclaims. "Amy! Can you turn it off?" the Doctor asks through the door. "Doctor!" Amy exclaims. "The screen, can you turn it off?" the Doctor repeats. "I tried." Amy responds. "Try again but don't take your eyes off the Angel." he tells her. They carry on trying to override the controls "Each time it moves, it'll move faster. Don't even blink." the Doctor says. "I'm not blinking! Have you ever tried not blinking?" Amy asks irritated. "It just keeps switching back on!" she tells them a second later. "Yeah, it's the Angel." the Doctor tells her. "But it's just a recording." Amy responds. "No, anything that takes the image of an Angel is an Angel. What are you doing?" the Doctor asks as he turns to River. "I'm trying to cut through. It's not even warm." Rive explains using a small blowtorch. "There is no way in, it's not physically possible." the Doctor tells her. "Doctor! What's it gonna do to me?" Amy asks. "Just keep looking at it. Don't stop looking!" the Doctor says not answering the question. "Just tell me. Just tell me. Tell me!" Amy exclaims.

The Doctor runs for the book and brings it back to just outside the transport door where he sits "Amy, not the eyes. Look anywhere but don't look at the eyes." he tells her through the door. "Why?" Amy asks. "What is it?" River asks. "'The eyes are not the windows of the soul, they are the doors. Beware what may enter there.'" he reads out. "Doctor, what did you say?" Amy asks. "Don't look at the eyes!" he tells her. "No, about images, what did you say about images?" Amy asks them. "Whatever holds the image of an angel, is an angel." River tells her. After a few seconds the door opens letting the Doctor, Robyn and River to enter. The Doctor rushes over and unplugs the screen "I froze it! There was a sort of blip on the tape and I froze it on the blip. It wasn't the image of an angel any more. That was good, yeah? It was, wasn't it? That was pretty good." Amy smiles. "That was amazing!" River smiles. "River, hug Amy." the Doctor tells her. "Why?" River asks. "Cos I'm busy." he responds looking at the wiring. "I'm fine." Amy says. "You're brilliant!" River tells her with a hug. Robyn smiles and hugs Amy round the middle "Thanks. Yeah. I kind of creamed it, didn't I?" Amy smiles. "So it was here? That was the Angel?" River asks. "That was a projection of the Angel. It's reaching out, getting a good look at us. It's no longer dormant." he tells them. Suddenly there is an explosion making them all stop what they're doing, the Doctor runs to the door "Doctor! We're through!" Octavian calls over. "Okay. Now it starts." the Doctor says stepping out. "Coming?" River asks Amy as she and Robyn head to the door. "Yeah, coming. There's just...something in my eye." Amy responds before following them.

Robyn follows River down a rope ladder and holds her hand when she reaches the bottom "Do we have a gravity globe?" the Doctor asks as they all turn on their torches. "Grav globe." Octavian orders making one of the soldiers take out a sphere from his pack and hand it over. "Where are we? What is this?" Amy asks. "It's an Aplan mortarium. Sometimes called a maze of the dead." River explains. "And what's that?" Amy asks still confused. "Well, if you happen to be a creature of living stone..." the Doctor starts before he kicks the gravity globe like a football into the air, making it light up the cave "the perfect hiding place." he finishes as they look at all the statues. "I guess this makes it a bit trickier." Octavian comments. "A bit, yeah." the Doctor says. "A stone angel on the loose amongst stone statues. A lot harder than I'd prayed for." Octavian tells them. "A needle in a haystack." River says. "A needle that looks like hay. A hay-like needle. Of death. A hay-alike needle of death in a haystack of, er, statues. No, yours was fine." the Doctor says making Robyn giggle. The Doctor turns and pulls a face at her making her giggle even more "Right. Check every single statue in this chamber. You know what you're looking for. Complete visual inspection. One question, how do we fight it?" Octavian asks the Doctor. "We find it, and hope." the Doctor responds before going off with Amy following. River goes to follow but gets stopped by Octavian "You go ahead Sweetheart, I'll catch up." she tells Robyn. "Okay Mama." Robyn smiles before catching up with Amy and holding her hand.

Amy and Robyn follow the Doctor as he shines his torch round, they both stop and look at the levels above them. Robyn looks around slightly and turns to see River catching up with them, smiling she runs over to her. River smiles and picks her up before walking over to Amy "You all right?" River asks Amy. "Yeah, I'm fine. So, what's a maze of the dead?" Amy asks as Robyn jumps down. "Oh, it's not as bad as it sounds. It's just a labyrinth with dead people buried in the walls... Okay, that was fairly bad. Right give me your arm. This won't hurt a bit." River says holding up a syringe before injecting Amy's arm. "Ow!" Amy exclaims. "There, you see. I lied. It's a viro-stabiliser. Stabilises your metabolism against radiation, drive burn, anything. You're going to need it when we get up to that ship." River explains. "So what's he like? In the future, I mean. Cos you know him in the future, don't you?" Amy asks. "The Doctor? Well, the Doctor's the Doctor." River tells her. "Oh, well that's very helpful. Mind if I write that down?" Amy asks jokingly. River looks up to where the Doctor is stood "Yes, we are." she tells him. "Sorry, what?" he asks not looking up from the device. "Talking about you." River responds. Robyn goes over to him "I wasn't listening, I'm busy." the Doctor tells her. "Ah. The other way up." River tells him. The Doctor turns the device the other way round and looks over to River and Amy, River raises her eyebrows "Yeah." he comments. "You're so his wife." Amy tells River. "Oh, Amy, Amy, Amy! This is the Doctor we're talking about. Do you really think it could be anything that simple?" River asks. "Yep." Amy smiles. "You're good. I'm not saying you're right... but you are very good." River responds. Robyn giggles and keeps up with the Doctor as he takes his readings.

The four of them carry on looking at the statues when they suddenly hear gunfire making them run back down to the main chamber. They find a young cleric who had fired his gun at one of the statues, the Doctor stops to look at it "Sorry. Sorry, I thought... I thought it looked at me." the Cleric apologises. "We know what the Angel looks like. Is that the Angel?" Octavian asks. "No, sir." the Cleric responds. "No, sir, it is not! According to the Doctor, we are facing an enemy of unknowable power and infinite evil. So it would be good, it would be very good, if we could all remain calm in the presence of decor." Octavian tells him. "What's your name?" the Doctor asks. "Bob, sir." the Cleric responds. "Ah, that's a great name. I love Bob." the Doctor tells him, Robyn nodding in agreement. "It's a Sacred Name. We all have Sacred Names, they're given to us in the service of the Church." Octavian explains. "Sacred Bob. More like Scared Bob now, eh?" the Doctor says. "Yes, sir." Bob nods. "Ah, good. Scared keeps you fast. Anyone in this room who isn't scared is a moron. Carry on." the Doctor says giving Octavian the side eye. "We'll be moving into the maze in two minutes. You stay with Christian and Angelo. Guard the approach." Octavian says, directing the last part to Bob. Robyn glares at the Bishop and hugs Bob round the middle before catching up with River, holding her hand.

Robyn walks holding River's hand, following Amy and the Doctor "Isn't there a chance this lot's just gonna collapse? There's a whole ship up there." Amy asks. "Incredible builders, the Aplans." River tells her. "Had dinner with their chief architect once. Two heads are better than one." the Doctor adds. "You mean you helped him?" Amy asks him. "No, I mean he had two heads. That book, the very end, what did it say?" the Doctor asks River. "Hang on." River says getting the book out of her pack. "Read it to me." the Doctor tells her. "What if we had ideas that could think for themselves? What if one day our dreams no longer needed us? When these things occur and are held to be true, the time will be upon us. The time of Angels." River reads out as they look round the maze. They keep on walking, Robyn dragging her feet slightly as they head up the steep slope "Are we there yet? It's a hell of a climb." Amy asks. "The maze is on six levels representing the ascent of the soul. Only two levels to go." River tells her. Robyn looks at the statues, frowning slightly in confusion "Lovely species, the Aplans. We should visit them some time." the Doctor says. "I thought they were all dead?" Amy asks confused. "So's Virginia Woolf. I'm on her bowling team. Very relaxed, sort of cheerful. That's having two heads. You're never short of a snog with an extra head." the Doctor tells her. "Doctor, there's something. I don't know what it is..." Robyn pipes up. "Yeah, something wrong. Don't know what it is yet either, working on it. Then they started having laws against self-marrying and what was that about? But that's the church for you. Erm, no offence, Bishop." the Doctor says looking at Octavian. "Quite a lot taken, if that's all right, Doctor." Octavian responds as they move to a narrower passage, lined with statues.

"Lowest point in the wreckage is only about 50 feet up from here. That way." Octavian says. "Church had a point, if you think about it. The divorces must have been messy." Amy says. The Doctor stops and looks closely at a statue "Oh!" he says in realisation. "What's wrong?" Amy asks him. Robyn freezes as she realises what's wrong as-well "Oh." River says realising it as-well and looks at the Doctor. "Exactly." he tells them. "How could we not notice that?" River asks. "Low level perception filter, or maybe we're thick." the Doctor responds. "What's wrong, sir?" Octavian asks. "Nobody move. Everyone stay exactly where they are. Bishop, I am truly sorry. I've made a mistake and we are all in danger." the Doctor tells everyone. "What danger?" the Bishop asks. "The Aplans." Robyn tells him. "The Aplans?" Octavian asks. "They've got two heads." River says. "Yes, I get that. So?" he asks. "So why don't the statues?" Robyn questions. "Everyone, over there. Just move, don't ask questions, don't speak. Okay, I want you all to switch off your torches." the Doctor says as they all gather in a corner free of statues. "Sir?" Octavian asks. "Just do it." Robyn glares making River and the Doctor smile slightly. Everyone turns off their torches "Okay. I'm going to turn off this one too, just for a moment." the Doctor tells them. "Are you sure about this?" River asks. "No." The Doctor responds before he switches off his torch for a split second, turning it back on again they see that all the statues in front of them are now facing them.

The Doctor runs back and sees that all the statues have started moving and following after them "Oh, my God! They've moved." Amy comments. "They're Angels. All of them!" the Doctor exclaims. "But they can't be." River says in disbelief, holding Robyn's hand. "Clerics, keep watching them." the Doctor says shining his light at the different statues before running back slightly and looking round. Robyn, River and Amy follow after him "Every statue in this maze, every single one, is a Weeping Angel. They're coming after us." the Doctor says. The four of them go back to the clerics "There was only one Angel on the ship. Just the one, I swear." River tells the Doctor. "Could they have been here already?" Amy asks. "The Aplans, how did they die out?" the Doctor asks. "Nobody knows." River responds. "We know." the Doctor says. "They don't look like Angels." Octavian comments. "And they're not fast. You said they were fast. They should have had us by now." Amy adds. "They're dying. Losing their form. They must have been down here for centuries, starving." the Doctor starts to explain. "Losing their image." Amy realises. "And their image is their power. Power. Power!" the Doctor exclaims. "Doctor?" Amy asks. "Don't you see? All that radiation spilling out, the drive burn. The crash wasn't an accident." the Doctor tells the group. "It was a rescue mission, for the Angels." Robyn realises. "We're in the middle of an army and it's waking up." the Doctor confirms. "We need to get out of here fast." River says.

"Bob, Angelo, Christian, come in, please. Any of you, come in!" Octavian orders over the radio. "It's Bob, sir. Sorry, sir." Bob responds over the radio. "Bob, are Angelo and Christian with you? All the statues are active. I repeat, all the statues are active!" Octavian tells him. "I know, sir. Angelo and Christian are dead, sir. The statues killed them, sir." Bob says. The Doctor steps over to Octavian and takes the radio off him "Bob, Sacred Bob, it's me, the Doctor. Where are you now?" he asks. "I'm talking to my..." Octavian starts. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, shut up!" the Doctor tell him. "I'm on my way up to you, sir, I'm homing on your signal." Bob responds to the Doctor. "Well done, Bob. Scared keeps you fast, told you, didn't I? Your friends, Bob, what did the Angel do to them?" the Doctor asks him. "Snapped their necks, sir." Bob answers. "That's odd. That's not how the Angels kill you, they displace you in time. Unless they needed the bodies for something." the Doctor rambles. "Bob, did you check their data packs for vital signs? We may be able to initiate a rescue plan." Octavian asks, taking the radio off of the Doctor. "Don't be an idiot! The Angels don't leave you alive!" the Doctor retorts taking the radio off of him again.

"Bob, keep running, but tell me, how did you escape?" the Doctor asks the cleric. "I didn't escape, sir. The Angel killed me, too." Bob tells him. "What do you mean the Angel killed you too?" the Doctor asks as everyone looks at each other in confusion. "Snapped my neck, sir. Wasn't as painless as I expected but it was pretty quick, so that was something." Bob says. "If you're dead, how can I be talking to you?" the Doctor questions. "You're not talking to me, sir. The Angel has no voice. It stripped my cerebral cortex from my body and re-animated a version of my consciousness to communicate with you. Sorry about the confusion." he responds. "So when you say you're on your way up to us..." the Doctor trails off. "It's the Angel that's coming, sir, yes." Angel Bob responds. "No way out." Robyn realises. "Then we get out through the wreckage. Go!" Octavian says. "Go, go, go. All of you run!" the Doctor tells them. "Doctor?" Robyn asks as the Clerics follow Octavian. "Yes, I'm coming, just go, go, go!" he tells them. River and Robyn run after the Clerics with Amy following straight behind, Robyn stumbles slightly making River pick her up. They each the end and look up to see the ship above them "Well. There it is the Byzantium." Octavian says. "Rally? Hadn't noticed." Robyn mutter making River smile. "Well, it's got to be 30 feet. How do we get up there?" Rive asks. "Check all these exits. I want them all secure." Octavian orders his men.

River puts Robyn down "The statues are advancing along all corridors. And, sir, my torch keeps flickering." one of the clerics tell Octavian. "They all do." the bishop responds. "So does the gravity globe." River adds. "Clerics, we're down to four men. Expect incoming." Octavian tells his men. "Yeah, it's the Angels. They're coming. And they're draining the power for themselves." the Doctor says appearing with Amy. Robyn runs over and lets the Doctor pick her up "Which means we won't be able to see them." Octavian realises. "Which means we can't stay here." the Doctor tells him, kissing Robyn on the head and putting her down. "There are more incoming!" Octavian says as they spot Angels appearing from one of the passageways. "Any suggestions?" River asks. "The statues are advancing on all sides and we don't have the climbing equipment to reach the Byzantium." Octavian tells them. "There's no way up, no way back, no way out. No pressure, but this is usually when you have a really good idea." River tells the Doctor. "There's always a way out." the Doctor says as the lights flicker off again. When they come back on the Angels are closer and are blocking the passage, Robyn tugs on the Doctor's sleeve and points at the gravity globe. The Doctor smiles and nods at her "There's always a way out." he tells everyone.

"Doctor? Can I speak to the Doctor, please?" Angel Bob asks over the radio. "Hello, Angels. What's your problem?" the Doctor asks. "Your power will not last much longer, and the Angels will be with you shortly. Sorry, sir." Angel Bob tells him. "Why are you telling me this?" the Doctor asks. "There's something the Angels are very keen you should know before the end." Angel Bob explains. "Which is?" the Doctor questions. "I died in fear." Angel Bob tells him. "I'm sorry?" the Doctor asks. "You told me my fear would keep me alive but I died afraid, in pain and alone. You made me trust you, and when it mattered, you let me down." Angel Bob tells him. "What are they doing?" Amy whispers to River. "They're trying to make him angry." River responds. "I'm sorry, sir. The Angels were very keen for you to know that." Angel Bob finishes. "Well then, the Angels have made their second mistake because I'm not going to let that pass. I'm sorry you're dead, Bob, but I swear to whatever is left of you, they will be sorrier." the Doctor tells Angel Bob. "But you're trapped, sir, and about to die." Angel Bob responds. "Yeah, I'm trapped. Speaking of traps, this trap has got a great big mistake in it. A great big, whopping mistake!" the Doctor retorts. "What mistake, sir?" Angel Bob asks. "Trust me?" the Doctor asks Amy. "Yeah." she responds nodding. "You two, trust me?" the Doctor asks turning to River and Robyn. "Always." they both respond. "You lot, trust me?" the Doctor asks the Bishop and the Clerics. "Sir, two more incoming!" a Cleric exclaims. "We have faith, sir." Octavian confirms. "Then give me your gun." the Doctor tells him.

Octavian gives him the gun "I'm about to do something incredibly stupid and dangerous. When I do... jump." the Doctor tells everyone doing a little jump himself. "Jump where?" Octavian asks. "Just jump, high as you can. Come on, leap of faith, Bishop. On my signal." the Doctor responds. "What signal?" the Bishop responds. "You won't miss it." the Doctor says as he aims the gun at the gravity globe. "Sorry, can I ask again? You mentioned a mistake?" Angel Bob asks. "Oh, big mistake. Huge. There's one thing you never put in a trap, if you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there is one thing you never, ever put in a trap." the Doctor tells him. "And what would that be, sir?" Angel Bob questions. "Me!" The Doctor responds before he fires at the gravity globe making it explode, Robyn holds onto River's hand as they jump and feels herself be pulled upwards.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 399 20
The doctor had a little girl but didn't want to risk her life by looking after her in the TARDIS. He went to earth 2004 and placed her carefully in a...
140K 4.5K 27
๐’๐‡๐€๐“๐“๐„๐‘ ๐Œ๐„ | โIf only the clockworks could speak, I wouldn't be so alone. We burn every magnet and spring, and spiral into the unknown.โž ...
20.8K 634 35
She goes by many names. The adventurer, the genius; A liar, a truth seeker. But in the end, all of that won't matter any more. Why? The universe is...
7.5K 189 36
What if Captain Jack Harkness had a daughter other than Alice? This is her story-Torchwood with a dash of Sarah Jane Adventures and a pinch of Doctor...