When I see you.. (James Potte...

By joannastyles151001

That the marauders don't really like Slytherins is well known, but then there was this girl, absolutely not l... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11:
Characters II
Chapter 12: Unusual Wave
Chapter 13: Fullmoon
Chapter 14: Trust
Chapter 15
Chapter 16: The Promise
Chapter 18: old friends
Chapter 19: it's a game
Chapter 20: it's really about trust
Chapter 21: Hogsmeade
Chapter 22: the turning point

Chapter 17: Prim's struggle

94 6 0
By joannastyles151001

PRIM P.O.V.

Prim was asked to come to the headmaster's office just when she was about to enter the potions classroom, her last class before midday. Before, she was already thinking about skipping the class anyway, to go after Joy. She stormed out of Divination class without further notice. For longer already, Joy was a reason for worry to Prim. She was her best friend and happens to be in a lot of trouble, but everyone in the world had trouble now, with the Dark Lord arising and Prim just as Joy, was worried for her family and friends as well. Joy did not always take that into account, but Prim never wronged Joy for that as she would really not want to switch situations with her.  But since the incident at the lake yesterday, Prim was even more worried, and Joy even weirder.

"Prim, you coming?", Marlene stood at the door of potions class. 

"I have to arrange something, I'll see you at the Great Hall for lunch!", Prim smiles at her and left for Dumbledore's office. 

Professor Dumbledore knew of the incident at the lake already and little incidents of Joy's magic here and there, all without Prim telling him. But Prim obliged herself to the Order of the Phoenix a week ago, when her parents visited Hogwarts on Professor Dumbledore's demand. "Fighting for the right side", he called it. Prim was sure, that if her parents trusted him, she could trust him because he indeed was the greatest wizard alive. 

Prim did not get a lot of information from Dumbledore, but he assured her that it was of high importance that he would know of Joy's activities and magic, however small the incident might be. But, every time that Prim reported something, she had the feeling that Dumbledore already knew, and she couldn't grasp how. 

Now, she was standing in Professor Dumbledore's office. Joy had just run out, Prim jogged after her to the door but Dumbledore stopped her: "She needs time". 

Prim went downstairs just seconds after Joy's Mom had neglected Dumbledore's advice. She is worried about Joy, but now she feels guilty. Guilty of supporting the man that wants to make a weapon out of Joy, her best friend. But Prim reassures herself, without Dumbledore and without Joy, the Order of the Phoenix would not stand a chance against you know who. 

****

Prim stands lost in the corridor, just a few meters away from Joy and her mom, watching them hug. Logan nudges Prim's side and she puts her arm around his shoulder. "What is it?", he asked. 

"Nothing", I force a smile at him, " she just missed her Mom". 

Logan nods and turns around as his dad approached, just to jump into his arms seconds after. "Hey, little wizard!", Mr. MacGee said to Logan. 

She makes her way over to Joy, who just let loose of her mom. "Joy... I'm sorry... I should've t-"

"Oh leave it", Joy interrupts her. Joy's mom lets out a sigh: "Joy... don't be so harsh", she brushes a strand of hair out of Joy's face, "Prim only meant well... you're best friends!"

Joy sighs "I'suppose", she nudges a very little smile, it felt like a stone fell off Prim's chess, "but you better tell me everything from now on". 

Prim nods quickly, "promise". 

"How about we start with Sirius?!", Joy grins wide and raises an eyebrow.Prim could feel her face turn all red and a wide grin comes across her face: "And what about Potter?". Joy strongly shakes her head. 

"The Potter one?!", Joy's mom now looks at her with a wide grin as well. "No no no no", Joy responds quickly. All three now laugh. 

"Mom!", Logan now hugs her mom from the side. "Hey youuu!", she grins wide. 

"I am happy to see that everything has turned out fine over here!", Dumbledore now interrupts, standing on the last step of the stairs to his office. 

Prim smile fades and a glance at Joy tells her that her mood had switched as well. 

"Kids, you should get to lunch! Mrs. and Mr. MacGee, I would kindly ask you to join me in my office again." 

Joy's parents nod and everyone says their goodbyes. 

****

"I better go sit at my table", Joy tilts her head, indicating that she means the Slytherin table. 

"You can sit with us, y'know", Prim looks to the Gryffindor table, where some interested students have already turned their head to them. Among others one dark, curly-haired boy mustered Joy interested but worried, "I'm sure McGonagall won't say anything". 

Joy shakes her head: "I'll see you after dinner", she forces a little smile. 

Prim nods and softly nudges Joy's side, answering with a smile as well.

Prim makes her way to the Gryffindor table, where Marlene and Sirius were just scooping to the sides so that Prim could sit in-between. "Heyyy, where were you?", Sirius raises an eyebrow, "you missed the Felix Felicis! It was super interesting!". 

Prim shrugs her shoulders carelessly. Sirius musters her worried: "you said you were looking forward to learning this one!".

A little smile hushes over Prim's face. She indeed did say that and she couldn't believe that Sirius actually remembered. "Anyyywayyyyy, I won!", Sirius grins and holds up a tiny glass bottle that is shaped like a teardrop. Prim's jaw dropped: "no way!", she hugs him, "amaziiing! Imagine what all you could do with it!!". She lets loose of Sirius, who was also grinning widely.

"Yea yea all fun!", James interrupted both with a sarcastic undertone and now got Prim and Sirius' attention, "what's with Joy? why did she run out?", he asks and his eyebrows clenched together. 

"Oh she was just not feeling well", Prim pressed out.

"Sure it wasn't because of something I said? She seemed pretty upset!"

Prim shrugs her shoulders and shakes her head. 

In the afternoon, Prim did not have any classes with the Slytherins anymore. Instead, she found herself in another potions class with the Ravenclaw's, where she usually sat with Amber but now has Marlene McKinnon as her steady partner. Then, after a double class of Herbology with the Hufflepuffs, finally,  her day came to an end. 

In the common room, she and Marlen, as well as the other Gryffindor girls from her grade let themselves sink onto the couch area in front of one of the fireplaces. 

"Finally, only one day till the weekend", Mary McDonald sighed. 

"And one week till Christmas holidays", Marlene grins. 

"Did I hear someone say Christmas?", Sirius entered the conversation and jumped on the couch next to Prim, while Peter, James, and Remus take a seat around.

"Yesss you heard right! You're staying again over Christmas, right?", Marlene asked Sirius. 

"Yes with ma boysssss", he proudly smiles into the round to the three other boys, who also grin wide and chuckle. 

"You are all staying?", Lily asks curiously. 

"Well, I have to", James countered, "head boy duties". 

"Yea I'm familiar with that", Lily, the head girl of Gryffindor, grins. 

"I'm also staying", Prim expresses happily.

"Oh nooo, who am I gonna sit with in the Hogwarts Express?", Marlene whines. 

"Helloooo I'm still there", Mary raises her hand laughing, "but why are you staying Prim? You usually go home..."

Prim shrugs her shoulders, "a friend of mine has to stay, I'll stay with her", she smiles softly.

The facial expressions of James change, in a thoughtful but positive way, "Joy?", he asks silently. Prim nods slowly. James looks down at his hands. Silence has entered the round and no one dared to speak up. Prim's eyes wander around, she could feel tension but she did not know what kind of tension or why all of a sudden everyone was quiet. 

Sirius coughs, Prim could tell that it was played. She eyes him from the side.   "Soooo, did you already buy all the Christmas presents you need?" Prim breathed out and she feels like everyone else did so as well. "Yea, kinda", Remus said. 

"I was waiting for this Hogsmeade weekend", Marlene answered. Prim nods, "yea me too", she added absently.

"Oh yes Hogsmeade weekend, smart", Sirius nods, "by the way, uhm Prim".

Prim looks up to Sirius, who was still sitting next to her. "Can we, uhm, talk?", his head indicates to another part of the room.

"Uh, sure", Prim answered uncertainly. She feels like something bad was coming. Sirius jumped over the back of the couch, making it look effortlessly elegant, while Prim scoops herself off the couch, walks around it just to stay put in front of Sirius.

She could hear the others continuing to chat about everyday life, while her mind presses to wanting to know what Sirius had to say. Her organs were scrambling into each other and the usual confidence was lost for a split second. She looked up to Sirius, who was about one head taller than her. She musters his face when out of nothing he starts grinning like a happy unicorn. Prim raises her eyebrows, "what is it?", she giggles

"Uhm, yea, right", he presses his lips together as if he is searching for the right words, which Prim wonders because Sirius was usually not a person to think a lot about what comes out of his mouth. 

"So, we talked about Hogsmead just before 'ight? So, uhm", he rubs his chin, "basically, I thought that you and I should go together", he grins and quickly adds: " as a date, y'know". Prim starts laughing, which resulted in a confused Sirius but she quickly adds a nod: 'I would love to'. 

Sirius grins: "nice!", when he was already about to turn around, Prim reflects for a second and the one thing that comes to her mind was Joy, she needed to be with her, make sure she is okay, however bad she would've loved to go with Sirius. She stops him. "Oi, wait...". Sirius turns back to her. "I'm sorry but I can't! I have to be with Joy actually... she is going through some stuff y'know", Prim explains herself, but Sirius plays it cool. "Yea, totally, that's fine! She can come!"

Prim looks at him confused. "No that's huh?", she stuttered. "I'll bring James or Remus or Peter, someone else at least! That's gonna be fun, she's not all too bad for a Slytherin, that's alright!". Sirius turns around, leaving no time for Prim to reflect on what has just happened, but she did kinda agree on a double date. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323K 8.7K 31
Ever since first year, you've hung out with the Marauders. They've always seemed like family to you. During the summer before fifth year, you've real...
38.2K 968 20
"I hate you so much Potter!" Y/n shouted, pointing her wand threateningly at the smirking boy. "No you don't." the boy said, winking at her as he mov...
325K 9K 25
She's hated by every house but her own. She's a Slytherin that embodies the house, yet nobody thinks she belongs. She defies social constructs quie...
12.4K 394 37
*** A girl with a scarred brain who wanted nothing more than her brothers to be safe. A boy with scarred skin who wanted nothing more than the girl t...