You don't know what obsession...

By yo_666

As her mom gets a new job in sunny California, Lily has to leave New York City, where she's lived all her lif... More

Obsession Prologue + Chapter 1
Obsession Chapter 2
Obsession Chapter 3
Obsession Chapter 4
Obsession Chapter 5
Obsession Chapter 7
Obsession Chapter 8
Obsession Chapter 9
Obsession Chapter 10
Obsession Chapter 11
Obsession Chapter 12
Obsession Chapter 13
Obsession Chapter 14
Obsession Chapter 15
Obsession Chapter 16

Obsession Chapter 6

1.3K 15 3
By yo_666

Hello! I just want to start by saying how extremely sorry I am about the delay - I promise I were to upload yesterday, but I had a test this morning that I hadn't studied that much to before this weekend (since I turned 16 Friday, and celebrated with familt and friends Friday + Saturday)! And so I hadn't time to rewrite it all over to the computer and then fix all the little stuff (my mom would have LITTERALLY killed me!! I swear! Well, she's a teacher, so what would one expect, right?). So i had to wait for today - and I'm sorry!!!!!!

Just wanted you to know....

Today's chapter is just in Cain's POV, and I think that next one will be too... We'll see how long it'll be if it is...

I must say though, that I was kind of disappointed in the low number of comments and votes, so I wanted to remind you to

COMMENT AND VOTE, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but mostly comment, since I greatly enjoy your thoughts and opinoins on my story. I will need to know if it's appreciated or not -- should i keep writing ??  If so,

TELL ME!!!!

OK, sorry...

Anyways, I love you all, and (again) I'm so sorry for the delay!!

Here you go, finally: Chapter 6

xoxo

You don't know what obsession is... 

Until you meet me.

Chapter 6

Cain's POV 

Time dragged by. Every second felt like an hour and every hour seemed a year without her. I spent these unbelievably long years by walking around the house, absentmindedly touching things here and there, sighing and driving the rest of my family mad while waiting for dark so that I could go to her and sit outside her window as I had every night for the past week. The one time I had slept since she got here had been the night between Friday and Saturday: I seemed unable to without her by my side. 

I played a little with Sammie and Kenny before I left, but they could tell my mind was elsewhere and tired quickly, going to find Frank to play with instead. Mom laughed at me as I sat at the dinner table parting wooden toothpicks into little splinters, and I glared at her, only making her laugh even more and messing up my hair.

-------------------------------

She was supposed to be doing her homework (well, that's what she had told her mother before said woman had went away on a two-day business trip, leaving Lily all alone in the house), but instead she was dancing around in her underwear and an oversized T-shirt, loudly singing along to a CD with British songs I had never heard before (though they were quite good, actually). 

She seemed to get very restless easily when doing her homework, which I found strange, since she seemed to like school well enough. She would sit down trying to concentrate for about ten minutes at a time before giving up and hitting her head against her desk, or (as now) starting to dance around to loud music wearing very little clothes. 

Ah, man - I loved this girl! 

I was perched in mu usual tree in her backyard, staring as bewitched at her through her window. I watched as she got tired of jumping around her room, finished her homework (which ended up taking another-and-a-half hour altogether), disappeared into her bathroom for twenty minutes before emerging again in only a towel, changing into her pajamas (which got me hard as a rock, by the way), opening the window and breathing in the cooler air, and at last going to bed. 

I waited until I was sure she was asleep before I made my move. OK, I admit: it could have probably have gone much smoother, but after a few grunts, a couple of low curses, one definite bruise, and what I believed to be a broken finger later, I stood in her room, just inside the now wide open window, which I closed behind me without making an(other) sound. 

I simply stared at her for several minutes before I moved again, wanting to touch such perfection. As my fingertips traced the line of her cheekbones, and drew her hair from her forehead, I was able to fully relax for the first time since Saturday morning, and at once, I felt how utterly and completely exhausted I was. It took all I had not to collapse right away and crush her with my weight (though I'd be lying if I said I'd mind lying on top of her again), but I backed a few steps away, and took off my jeans and the black T-shirt I was wearing. Then I went around the bed to the empty side where I pulled the covers back and crawled into her bed. 

I was already halfway asleep when my arm unconsciously stretched out in search of her warm body to hug as my mind quickly slipped away into darkness.

-------------------------

I woke up early next morning, my mental alarm waking me from deep sleep. It was barely 5AM and it was still dark outside. I knew exactly where I was, right away; there was so disorientation. 

Lily's room was bright, and I could see every detail of it by the faint predawn greyness from the windows. Lily was asleep in my arms, breathing softly against my neck. I had no idea how we had ended up in this tight embrace, but I did know that it felt absolutely right, and utterly perfect: this was how it was supposed to be (without me having to sneak in at night without her knowledge, of course). 

I breathed in the smell of her, and of her room, and as my chest expanded, Lily's arms tightened around me, and she let out a low protesting moan, as if she didn't want me to go. It made me smile. 

Perfect. 

As I knew that her alarm went off at 6AM, I was up at 5:30, getting dressed. My arms felt empty without her in them, but I knew I had to be out of there by the time she woke up. And, plus - I had to get home and change clothes, take a shower and eat something before school started. 

She stirred as I put on my jeans and I paused mid-move to watch her arm go out in search of something. I couldn't help but wish it was me. After a few seconds of this, however, she stopped moving and slept on, with the covers pulled up all the way to her chin. Was she cold? Maybe I should get back in there to warm her up... No! I shook my head. I couldn't - I needed to go. But I made sure to tuck her in tightly before climbing out of the window again. 

I sighed as I hit the ground, looking up at her window. It was going to be a long morning.

------------------

Almost two weeks passed. I spent my days staring at Lily in school, not failing to notice that she sneaked quite a few looks my way too. I tried talking to her a little every day, even if it was just asking for a pencil, or if she knew what History homework we'd been given. During lunch I would sit with Tommy, Danny and a few of the jocks in school, while pushing away Monica as I was glaring at Jesse Gonzalez and Jason a they hit on Lily only two tables away (then secretly smile a little as Lily coldly rejected Jason's approaches and seemed absolutely 100% oblivious of Jesse's). 

After school I would go home to do my homework and try to make the time pass faster by throwing ball with Tommy, Sony, Jim, Carter and Danny, chasing Sammie and Kenny around the house or laying on my bed watching television. 

At sunset I would eat a little before rushing over to Lily's house where I would sit in the tree outside her window until she fell asleep, at which I'd climb in through her window to sleep with her in my arms. 

By 5:45AM I would be on my way home to shower and eat breakfast, wake up Danny just for the fun of it - and then the whole thing would start over. 

We had no further trouble with the Rogue-pack, and we were starting to think that they were not coming back, which was a big relief for the whole pack: no one wanted more visits from them.

--------------------

The day that changed my daily routine was a Friday just one week into October. It started out very normal with my getting up at 5:30 AM, leaving a slightly colder Lily alone in her bed (which was considerably smaller than my own), her making that low unconscious moan of disappointment that always made me smile. 

Mom was already up when I came home, just a few minutes later, as I ran in wolf-form, and she was making sandwiches for Sammie and Kenny as they were going to the park later. I kissed her cheek good-morning and went to make a sandwich of my own. When it was done, I went into the living room to eat it before the TV. Sammie and Kenny were there, watching some episode of SpongeBob Squarepants. Sammie looked up as I came in, and Kenny made a dive for the remote. 

"Mornin' Cain", Sammie said before attacking Kenny to reclaim possession of the remote. Silly, really, since they both wanted to watch the same thing. I laughed at them and ate my sandwich. 

Frank Collins, mate and husband of my two years older sister Bess, came into the living room just as Kenny threw the remote into the air. It spun seven times before hitting Frank straight in the forehead. 

Both Kenny and Sammie froze on the fluffy carpet for about two seconds before Kenny shot up and, dragging Sammie along, ran as fast as his little legs could carry him to the other end of the living room, which was a pretty smart move, since Frank was not far behind. Frank was only playing, of course, since he hadn't gotten hurt: it took far more than a TV-remote to hurt the large, twenty-two year old giant of a man, even though he was human. 

I watched for a couple of minutes as Frank chased the four-year olds around the large room until he tired of it and lifted them up, one in each arm, and hung them upside-down while shaking them for a bit, making them laugh and beg for more when he finally put them down. When he refused, they turned their puppy eyes to me, which I saw as my cue to leave the room. 

I took a quick shower in the bathroom I shared with Danny and dressed in some clean clothes. Danny, having just reached the age of sixteen, which was the normal age for the first shift, was probably out, as he was much every night now, running just for the feel of it. I knew how it was, having been there myself. The speed was like a drug in the beginning: addictive. You felt a NEED to run as often as possible. I had stayed my wolf-self for almost a full week in a row, shifting back for a day or two before going wolf again. 

When I was ready I went back down into the kitchen, where my younger sister Cara sat, reading the newspaper while eating cereal. Cara was twelve, and a genius. She had already skipped a grade in school, but decided against another one since she thought that the age-difference would be awkward. As Bess was twenty, and had grown out of the mommy's-and-daddy's-little-girl stage, Cara had become mom's new project. Mom loved going shopping with her daughters, something Bess gladly did once in a while, but Cara hated. 

"Mornin', Cara", I said and ruffled her hair with my hand as I passed her on the way out. She huffed and flattened her page-cut hair as best she could with her left hand. 

As I had nearly two and a half hours left to kill before school started, I went over to what would have been the pool house if we'd actually had a pool. Inside, as I knew they would, the teenage part of the pack was lying around on every comfortable spot, watching Sony and Jim playing against each other on the PS3. But really, what else was there to do at 6:30 in the morning, before you went to school (if you weren't sleeping, of course)? 

Exactly. Absolutely nothing.

-----------------------------

As the time (finally) came to go to school, I went with Danny and Tommy as usual, speeding to get to see Lily before school started, even though she was in my first class. I could tell that Tommy was irritated with coming early to school - I suppose it ruined his image as a bad-boy or something, I didn't know, and to be honest I didn't care much either. 

Despite us being early, I didn't see Lily before History and it was with a heavy sigh that I sat beside Tommy, who was still grumpy. The bell rang a final time and Lily still hadn't showed up - where was she? 

Mr Stuart was also looking a bit worried - Lily had never missed one of his classes before, and, what I knew of, no others either. He had left the classroom door open, something he never did otherwise. 

Ten minutes into class, I could finally hear the distant sound of running from down the corridors. The voice belonging to one of the two gym teacher's, ms Hart, suddenly called out: 

"You're late, miss Hammond!" My heart skipped a beat. It was her! 

"I know!" came her breathless answer, but the falling of the feet didn't falter. "I overslept!" Ms Hart called again, now sounding a little irritated: 

"No running in the hallways, miss Hammond!" 

Everyone in the classroom could hear the teasing laughter in her voice as she answered this time. 

"You'll have to decide how you want it, ms Hart!" she said, still running. "Don't be late, or don't run in the hallways!" 

A few chuckles ran through the class as the footfalls continued to grow louder. 

"Detention, miss Hammond!" Ms Hart sounded absolutely furious: she wasn't used to students talking back at her. 

"I'm sorry - what?" Lily called, seemingly quite enjoying herself. "I can't hear you, ms Hart! I'll have to come back to you, I'm late for class!" 

I wasn't the only one grinning like a madman by the time Lily became visible, panting and leaning against the door frame. 

"I'm sorry I'm late, mr Stuart", she said, trying to catch her breath. "I overslept." 

Mr Stuart tried his best not to smile, to look the least bit strict and angry, but he was failing miserably, and finally gave up, chuckling like the rest of the class. 

"Yes", he said, his eyes glittering with amusement. "So we heard." 

I watched as Lily's face shifted from apologetic to shock, and from shock to embarrassment, and a deep blush appeared on her cheeks, further beautifying herself. She looked down. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't know." She bit her bottom lip and I had to bite my tongue not to groan with desire. She was killing me, and I hadn't even been in the same room as her for even a minute yet. "Detention?" she asked, grimacing slightly. 

Mr Stuart smiled kindly at her, which earned him a plus in my book, even though he and I weren't always on the same page. "No, of course not, ms Hammond. I'm actually rather flattered by the fact that you so desperately wanted to get to my class", he joked. Lily blushed again, but I nearly growled, erasing that little plus and putting down another minus instead. I knew that he was just joking and that he was that way with all of his students, with few exceptions (me being one of them), but his innocent flirting bugged me none the less. Lily was mine, and mine alone! 

Lily ducked her head as she went to her seat. 

"Good morning", I said as she sat down in the chair next to mine - one that I had saved for her, just in case she showed up. There wasn't any other empty chairs in the room, so she had no choice but to sit in it. 

"Morning", she mumbled, not looking at me. It stung, as always, that she wouldn't look at me during classes, but at least she had stopped hiding her face from me with her hair, and sometimes I caught her almost smiling, though I didn't know if that was because of me or for some other reason completely. And she didn't run out of the rooms at the end of class to avoid me anymore, but simply kept to her business as I walked beside her back to the corridor which held our lockers. 

I love her, I thought as I watched her face. I love her. And I want to spend forever at her side. 

My dick came to attention again as Lily bent forward to grab her books and pencil from her bag, and I sank lower into my seat to hide it while trying to think of other stuff, and actually listening to mr Stuart for a change, to calm myself down. I could not jump at her in the middle of class, however much I wanted to. 

Biology dragged, as time always did when I wasn't around Lily and I had nothing but thoughts of her to occupy my mind with, which I guess was kind of sad, really, since it WAS in class, and I was supposed to be learning. Oh, well - there was only one reason as to why I went to school anyway. I didn't much care about my grades anymore. 

In English, I broke my pencil on purpose and asked her if she had one I could borrow. She said she didn't, though I don't think that was the case since she usually carried an extra pencil or two with her. I had to borrow one from the guy on my other side instead, while both Emma and Jason snickered under their breaths. Emma out of amusement and Jason because he was glad I wasn't more successful in flirting with Lily than he was himself. I had at least had sex with her, I wanted to remind him, but knew that Lily wouldn't want that, at least not in front of the rest of the class. 

Things went on as usual throughout the rest of the day - Lily ate with her friends and I with mine, though I was staring at her the whole time. My friends had all stopped talking to me at lunch, knowing they wouldn't get an answer out of me even if they tried. Instead they just cast amused glances at me now and then, thinking I didn't notice. That was OK - it was to be expected since I used to be a player of sort, and was now completely in love with a girl that wouldn't even talk to me. 

Monica, of course, came at me again, whining about that no one gave her the attention that she thought that she deserved. I pushed her off. Then she went to sit beside her brother, Jason, who glared at me, and then at her. He didn't like the fact that she threw herself all over me, but he also disliked that I didn't like her. It was a dilemma of his that I couldn't care less about. I had made it perfectly clear on more than one occasion that I didn't want anything to do with Monica ever again, but she wouldn't listen and so I had stopped trying to be nice to her. 

P.E came and went, making me happy and extremely horny in between. Lily looked good enough to eat in those short shorts of hers. 

It was that night that made this Friday differ from others.

------------------------------

Tommy and I came through the front door of the pack-house just to be met by a frenzied crowd of people, all running from A to B while exchanging quick words in between. They all looked worried, but some faces - mostly male - had a mixture of awareness and excitement. What was going on? 

My mom came rushing up to us then, sick with worry for her family and her people. As Luna (the Alpha's mate) of the pack, she was the one to take care of the safe-keeping of the pack when my dad and the pack warriors were off hunting or patrolling or fighting. The point I was going to is that my mom only had that face on when the safety of the pack was threatened. And that worried me - scared the shit out of me. 

"What happened?" I demanded, staring her straight into her big, green eyes. 

"The Rogues are back", she said shortly, waving me and Tommy along with her as she turned and headed straight for dad's office. Tommy was allowed to come only because he was to be second in command when I became Alpha after my father. I could, technically, challenge my dad at any time now since I had come of age, and found my mate. It was unusual for wolves to find their soulmates among the whole world's population, but Alpha's and Beta's, more often than not, had mates to help them guide and lead their people, and Alpha's or Beta's who didn't have mates had it much harder than those who did. 

Tommy's dad, who was the current Beta, Tommy's mom, the Omega (the Beta's mate), and my dad, were all in the office when mom, Tommy and I arrived. There were maps spread over the large oak desk, and they stood bent over them, studying the details to the extreme, talking strategies and ways to meet the attack they were sure was coming. Thanks to the patrols, we knew they were here, and where "here" was, exactly. 

Tommy and I quickly took place in between Tommy's parents and mine, as mom went to stand beside dad, taking his hand. I missed Lily - I wished I could hold her hand right now - and at the same time I was glad that she wasn't here - I wanted her where she was: safe at home, in her bed where nothing could hurt her. I smiled to myself, but snapped out of it when Tommy hit me lightly on the shoulder to gain my attention.

"So", my dad said, looking straight into every pair of eyes around the table. "This is what we'll do."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

662 15 32
Hunted by her recurring dream, Amanda Locke, with her forgotten past, tries to live a normal teenage life until she enters Angels' Shield University...
301 22 37
Gwen was a small town, photographer that was just a 13 year old teen. When she finds out her cousin just moved to Sacramento, she takes the chance of...
937 130 42
The topic of boys wasn't something Sanaa was fond of. A young 13 year old girl with a beautiful yet twisted mind occupies her time tackling day to da...
1.4K 242 34
Meet Lily... the school's nerd who was trapped in her fantasy books and dreams, waiting for cute nerdy Grayson to notice her. Little did she know...