Zane Wilder

By whitemooonlight

*SLOWLY BEING EDITED* Zane had a special mission to accomplish. No one could find out that he's undercover. N... More

Author Note
Characters
Chapter 1: ɪᴍᴀɢᴇ
Chapter 2: ᴍɪssɪᴏɴ
Chapter 3: ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ
Chapter 5: ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ
Chapter 6: sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴜʀᴛ
Chapter 7: ɪᴅᴇɴᴛɪᴛʏ
Chapter 8: ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇs
Chapter 9: ʟɪᴀʀ
Chapter 10: ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs
Chapter 11: ᴛʀᴜsᴛ
Chapter 12: ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙᴇᴀᴛ
Chapter 13: ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙʀᴇᴀᴋ
Chapter 14: sʜᴏᴛ
Chapter 15: ʟᴏsᴇ ʜɪᴍ
Chapter 16: ᴀᴡᴀᴋᴇ
Chapter 17: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ
Chapter 18: ʏᴏᴜ
Chapter 19: sᴛᴇᴘs
Chapter 20: ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴs
Chapter 21: ғᴏʀɢɪᴠᴇɴᴇss
Chapter 22: ᴋɪss
Chapter 23: ʀᴇʟᴀᴛᴇᴅ
Chapter 24: ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs
Chapter 25: sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ
Chapter 26: ʟᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴏᴜsᴇ
Chapter 27: ᴏᴠᴇʀᴡʜᴇʟᴍᴇᴅ
Chapter 28: ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʟɪᴇ
Chapter 29: ᴡʜᴏ ɪ ᴀᴍ
Chapter 30: ᴊᴜsᴛ ʏᴏᴜ
Chapter 31: ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ
Chapter 32: ɪʟʏ
Chapter 33: ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀᴍs
Chapter 34: sᴜʀᴘʀɪsᴇ
Chapter 35: ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ
ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴛᴇs
FUTURE PLANS

Chapter 4: ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀ

4.4K 95 20
By whitemooonlight

Show me your soul, I gotta know

Bet that you're beautiful inside

Toes on the gas, car moving fast

Come take the wheel and drive

"Dangerous": David Guetta

Q: Are you the type that presses people to know more or simply wait for them to open up on their own?

Two weeks have passed since then and I won't lie. I did think about Zane a few times. I was freaking out because that has never happened with any guy I've been interested in before.

I couldn't understand why I had him in my mind.

We only exchanged a few words and it wasn't like I'll see him again.

I shook away the thoughts and decided to focus on the web I was in. A few apartments caught my attention but they were too expensive in the long run and I knew I couldn't afford any of them.

.....

At around 1 am after I fell asleep my phone rang.

Unknown number

"Hello?" I asked, still half asleep.

"Is this Katherine?" said a deep voice and it kind of sounded familiar but in my sleepy state I couldn't tell.

"Who's asking?" I asked, not ready to tell the stranger my name. Who knows who it was.

"It's me Zane, it's about your sister" I immediately stood up and my heart was beating fast. Did anything happen to her?

"What happened?" I asked, my hands trembling.

"She's totally wasted. I meant to take her home but I don't know where she lives so I thought about calling you."

"Omg, I'll be there soon. Where are you?"

"At the race track from last time. Listen, it's dangerous for you to drive at this hour, I'll bring her to you, tell me where you live". Absolutely no. He can't come here and risk my mom finding out. I won't make the poor man drive an hour to take her to her dorm either.

"No, I'm coming, wait there!" I answered harsher than I wanted and I felt bad.

"Alright, I'll wait for you here. Drive carefully!"

"I will, thank you!" My voice was nicer this time.

Damn it Sarah, why are you doing this? When are you going to stop?

Half an hour later I was there looking everywhere for her. I spotted the black car from last night which I assumed was Zane's and I approached it.

When I got closer I froze.

Zane and Sarah were kissing. She had her hands placed on his butt and he simply stayed there like a statue.

It hurt nonetheless. Why, though?

Suddenly my mom's words came back to me. "Boys like him don't look at girls like you" she told me when I had my first date back when I was 16.

Looking at the two of them brought back bad memories. Some that I thought I had forgotten.

Could I be mad at him? No, I had no right to be.

I should have known from the very beginning. He was kind just to get to my sister. Just like the other two. I should have known. It wasn't new to me.

Yet, for some stupid reason I thought... no, I wanted him to be different. I wanted for once to be someone's first choice. I was stupid and naive to think so.

I shook my head disappointed that I hadn't learned my lesson the second time it happened and let it happen a third time.

I cleared my throat and they broke the kiss.

When Zane turned around and saw me his eyes widened.

I averted my gaze to Sarah who was breathing heavily from the steamy kiss. She smirked the moment she saw me. She knew what she did. It was the third time and she enjoyed it every time.

"Oh sis, what are you doing here?" She laughed.

"I came to get you" I said, my voice steady and my face blank. I would not show any hint that I was affected by what she did.

"Umm, well as you can see I was pretty busy right now, I'm sure Zen here will take me home once we're finished, right baby?" she giggled and placed her hands on his chest.

Zen? He even lied about his name?

Stupid Katherine, you're stupid. You never learn.

Could I blame him? No.

Do I have the right to act like a jealous girlfriend? No

Did he ever say he wanted anything with me? No

Was I attracted to him? Yes

"You're coming with me right now!" I said my voice firm this time.

"But I'm having so much fun with Zen, he's a really good kisser you know?" She laughed.

8 years ago

"He's a really good kisser you know?"

I looked at the boy standing in front of me. He was red by the embarrassment.

"What are you doing here Sarah?" I asked confused as my sister was on my date's lap.

"Jack invited me here. He wanted to present us officially!" She giggled at him and he wrapped an arm around her waist.

"What is going on here Jack? You invited me on a date!" A lump was forming in my throat and I felt like crying.

"I never said it was a date. Don't jump to conclusions Kat. I just wanted to get to your sister but you thought I was interested and you were so into your world that you wouldn't see the reality." They both laughed.

4 years ago

"Hey Kat so I wanted to talk with you and that's why I took you out!" Kyle smiled nervously. Was he finally going to ask me out?

"Sure, tell me!" I said now excited to find out. I had a crush on him for the past month and he was very sweet. We held hands a few times and he kissed my cheeks last week so I think we're getting somewhere.

"You see..." He scratched the back of his head and I found it cute that he was nervous. I was too!

"I like..." He spoke, making my anticipation rise.

"I also like..."I began thinking that maybe he'll feel less nervous if I said it first.

"Your sister!" He practically shouted and my smile fell.

"You what?" I asked dumbfounded.

"I like your sister but I didn't know how to approach her since she is so popular so I thought you might help me." I nodded. I quickly grabbed a piece of paper from my bag and wrote my sister's number and stood up to leave.

"Good luck!" I said my voice was harsh and emotionless. And just like that I walked away.

How stupid of me to think anything would be different this time.

Do you even hear yourself Katherine? What right do you have to be sad? He's basically a stranger.

Despite reminding myself that I couldn't help but feel sad. I wasn't mad at him but at my sister and myself.

But why would she do it this time? Did she see me talking to him two weeks ago? I couldn't be, she was high and barely awake. Right?

She came closer to where I stood and spoke into my ear. "He's like the other two you know. He approached you that night to get to me. They always do, I can't help it." She laughed as she stepped back.

I was hurt once again but I hid it.

"Give me the keys. I have to take something from the trunk and then we can leave." She said taking the keys from my hands as I was still there frozen like a stone.

Zane or Zen, approached me but I refused to meet his eyes. I couldn't. Again he did nothing wrong. I was nothing to him and he was nothing to me.

"Katherine, about what you just saw..." He began but stopped for a second as if thinking about the right thing to say.

"You don't have to explain anything, you're dating her so it's normal" I said smiling but I didn't feel it. It was a forced smile. I couldn't hide that it bothered me even if I knew I had absolutely no right.

He was about to speak again but a gunshot sound made me jump. I immediately looked at the source of the sound and I saw people start running. What is happening?

Zane or Zen, was immediately in front of me with one arm protectively holding me behind him.

"Fuck" I heard him curse and his whole body tensed.

He turned around and met my eyes. He lightly grabbed my shoulders. He lowered his face to me and only a few inches separated our foreheads from touching.

"Katherine, listen to me closely" He said, never leaving my eyes. I nodded and he continued. "You will get in the car with me right now and you'll do as I say until we're out of danger. Then I promise to answer all your questions. Do you understand?" I stared into his grey eyes and nodded, shocked by what happened to even complain. "Good!" He smiled and took one of my hands into his, rushing us towards his car.

I ignored the comfort and luxury of the inside of the car because it was not the right moment. I fastened my seatbelt but then I remembered. "Sarah!"

"She left with your car, she left you" What? What is he talking about?

"I just saw it right now when I was getting in the car. I'm sorry but she left you" He shook his head angry.

"She left me..." I said more to myself than anyone else.

"Katherine?" I turned my head to him and found him staring at me. "You won't like this trip and I will let you do anything you want to me once we are safe so please just bear with it for a few minutes". I nodded but I wasn't sure what he meant.

I soon regretted getting in as he drove us like if this was a Formula 1 race. I could feel my stomach getting upset and feeling dizzy.

I was scared to death and I was holding onto my seatbelt with my eyes shut, afraid to look at the road.

Soon the car stopped and I felt Zane's hand on my shoulder. "We're safe, you can open your eyes now" He said softly.

I opened my eyes but I didn't feel well. I was trembling from the adrenaline and my upset stomach was not helping.

"Fuck Katherine, I'm sorry. There was no other way" I turned towards him and managed to give him a weak nod.

We remained silent for a while until I felt a little better. I was happy that I didn't throw up my dinner.

"I promised to let you ask anything." He said and I turned my head to face him.

"Why did you lie about your name?" He looked taken aback by the question.

"My real name is Zane, but I have to use the name of Zen for reasons that I cannot tell you" He didn't look away which made me believe that he was sincere.

"I live in the Apartment Complex 56, Green Road. Please take me home." I said turning away from him.

"That's it? No more questions?"

"No more questions" I answered with my eyes fixed on the road. Thankfully he rode much slower this time.

"Why?" I shrugged.

"It's simple. If I ask I'll probably get a half answer since there's clearly illegal stuff involved. That half answer would make me more curious and I'll eventually find the truth. Once I do, a responsibility will be put on my shoulders and it would mean me getting involved into that world. I don't want that. I just come from time to time to take my sister home. Everything that happens there is none of my business. I plan it to remain that way."

We stayed silent for a while before he broke the silence.

"You surprised me twice already." I immediately looked at him in surprise. What's that supposed to mean?

"Is that a good thing?" I asked unsure if he was complimenting me or telling me something else.

"That means I'm jealous of that mindset and I wish I could do that, just stay away and mind my own business." He didn't look at me but I could tell there was more to it.

"You won't ask further?" He turned his head towards me to meet my eyes.

"No, as I said it's none of my business. That includes other people's lives." There was something in those grey eyes, they were telling me something but I couldn't understand what.

He looked back at the road and I thought that I should explain myself further.

"It's not that I'm not curious. I am, all humans are. But I also know that some people don't share their lives for a reason. You don't simply pour all your secrets and fears to a stranger simply because they asked. To some it might seem that I'm not being considerate and I don't care about people around me but I believe that's the complete opposite. I care enough to not open wounds. If anyone wants to tell me something I'll be there listening. But I'll never ask further."

I looked at him and his eyes met mine.

"So Zane, if you want to tell me something I'll listen no questions asked."

He held my gaze for a few more seconds and then smiled. A real smile, teeth showing included.

"I'm not interested in your sister. I can't tell you the reason but I have no intention to date Sarah."

I nodded even though I didn't believe it. Maybe he was not interested but she was and my sister always gets everything she wants.

We soon got in front of my apartment and before I could open the door Zane opened it for me.

I smiled and he returned the smile.

"Thank you for bringing me home and protecting me from what happened back there." I said looking down at my black sneakers.

As he said nothing I took that as my cue to leave and took a step to leave but I was soon crashed into a hard chest. Zane wrapped his arms around me and I froze surprised.

He placed his head on the crook of my neck and I tensed.

"Z-Zane what are you doing?" I stuttered.

"Please, just for a minute. Just for a minute." He said and his voice sounded  almost sad and desperate. Was I imagining things? Maybe he was having a hard time at home or something and needed a hug.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and lightly squeezed him as if I was reassuring him that everything would be okay. I didn't know how else to comfort him.

After a while he released me and stared into my eyes.

"Thank you. Now I feel recharged!" He said smiling the full showing teeth smile that I was starting to like. I frowned confused but I returned the smile nonetheless.

He got in the car and rolled the window down to say "I'll see you soon Katherine. Good night!"

"Drive safely!" I said but he already drove away so I was sure he didn't hear it.

Walking up to my apartment I had this stupid smile placed on my face. It soon faded when my mom opened her mouth.

"Honey, you should know that he's just playing with you. A man like him doesn't look at girls like you" She said giving me a sympathetic look.

......

This was a long chapter! I hope you liked it! 

Do you think the hug was too soon? 

Are they moving too fast? 

What about Sarah? Do you like her?

I have to warn you that the next chapter will be hard to read for many people.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 595 67
I put on a show only for him in front of hundreds of people. I bring one hand up to my hair flicking them to the other side, trailing that hand down...
231K 4.5K 47
"I love you" she says and kisses my jaw tenderly. "I love you too baby" I reply stroking her still damp hair. We were sat in a dirty McDonald's car p...
85.9M 1.9M 47
#1 in Young Adult #9 in Badboy #1 in Cold #3 in Goodgirl #1 in Sweetheart #14 in Love *Currently available at Amazon!!!* He'd never met someone with...
440K 8.3K 54
Raven Rodriguez has grown up a normal life with the future of the mafia looming over her back. A new guy moves to her school and seems to make it hi...