A Second Chance (Marco x Fem...

By jen123454321

'You look over to the spot your parents were standing not even a half a minute ago. Your ears were ringing, t... More

General info before reading
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 - Pt.1
Chapter 9 - Pt.2
Chapter 9 - Pt. 3
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
A/N, Quick easter vacay
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Marco's mom
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 (NSFW)
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74 (Finale); The Aftermath...
Reminder for anime-onlys!:)

Chapter 41

755 34 8
By jen123454321

The inside of the chapel was surprisingly dusty. It didn't seem to have been cleaned in a while, or ever cleaned at all.

'I thought Rod Reiss would use it often seeing he was so quick to rebuild it after the fire. Not to mention spending his own fortune on it'

You walked around, checking the walls and under surfaces for anything suspicious.

"Filthy", Levi muttered to himself in a low voice, followed by some other words too quiet for you to decode.

"Found it!", you heard Hange exclaim from across the room. "A hidden door". You quickly made your way over to her, the others gathering around as well. On the ground underneath a large rug, Hange had revealed a trap door, most likely leading to wherever Eren and Historia is located. "Eren's gotta be here with the enemy. Hopefully, the layout is like predicted".

Hange and Moblit had thought out a couple ideas on what the hidden area could look like, based on the area around the chapel, as well as points from the book they acquired from Erwin. It is likely the place is underground and quite vast. It is safe to assume there to be a lot of pillars as well seeing that the ground above would need a lot of support to not collapse completely. Therefore it would be an ideal place for you to use your ODM-gear.

"We just have to take the chance it is", Levi answered before turning to look at the rest of you. "Looks like we have what we need to assemble the smoke bombs. Let's get moving and get this over with". You didn't hesitate, quickly making your way over to get a hold of the ropes while the rest got the crates filled with gunpower and the bags of oil.

Assembling them was an easy job, the only thing needed was to tie the bags to the crates and attach some wheels at either end to make it roll down easier.

"All right, we're good to go!", Armin declared after tightening the last knot. Sasha was preparing her fire arrows.

"Is everyone ready to get their hands dirty too?". Levi looked over at the rest of you, and you noticed the atmosphere tense up. Of course you all knew it would come to this, but god how much you wish you didn't have to. There is no way to avoid killing someone down there. There will probably be over thirty enemies doing everything they can to kill you. It is no time or place to hesitate once you go through that hatch in front of you.

No one said anything, but you didn't need to. Levi understood.

"Guess so"

~

'You're hands are already dirty Y/N. You can do this. For Eren and Historia; you can do this!'

You took a couple of deep breaths as you and the others made your way down a little dark corridor. At the end of it you could spot a vast door, probably leading to what hopefully was the large hall with pillars.

'Activate the smoke bombs, rid of all enemies and locate Eren'

Reaching the door you all stopped, making sure to make no sound. Levi looked at each and every one of you, making sure you were all focused and ready for what was about to come. You looked over at Marco, the two of you giving each other a look of acknowledgment and admiration, like you always do before venturing out on possible lethal missions.

By the silent count of three, visualised with his fingers, he kicked the door open. Armin, Marco and Jean proceeded to push the crates through it before any of you took a step past the doorframe. Levi counted silently again, all of you rushing inside as soon as his third finger flexed.

The room was even larger than you pictured it to be, with crystalised walls as well as the pillars you had foreseen. You took the time to note where the enemies were standing while Sasha shot her first fire arrow at one of the crates. They looked to be standing on wooden panels connected to the walls. They seemed quite taken back by your abrupt appearance.

*Boom*

The arrow had pierced the bags, setting fire to the flammable oil, further igniting the gunpowder. The booming sound rung out through the hall as thick, black smoke from the gunpowder started spreading out across the ground level of the hall. You along with Levi and Mikasa didn't waste any time running down the stairs, taking shelter in the smoke. The surprise element was key should you be able to take on all of these gunmen.

"Here they come!". You heard the clicking sound of their guns reloading. Judging by the sound of it, they must be aiming your way this very moment. The smoke was too thick for you to spot the others, but as soon as you heard the whizzing sound of someone's gear, you activated yours, sending you flying forwards with your blades ready in hand.

As soon as you ascended from the smoke, you were covered by green smoke flares, sent out by the seven others who were still placed by the door. This way the three of you could move around without the enemies having a clear shot at you.

"Twenty-eight... Thirty-two... Thirty-five. THRITHY-FIVE ENEMIES! They are gathered behind the pillars!", Levi yelled out for the rest of you to hear. "Continue the plan. We'll take them all out right here!".

You got in formation with the two of them, now charging right at one of the panels where three enemies were placed.

"All troops, spread out! Surround them one at a time!", a blond lady who seemed to be one of the leaders ordered the rest. With this you heard the whizzing sound of the rest of your squad's gear as they too now left the door-area and joined the fight. However, that was not the only whizzing sound you heard, as the enemies took to their gear as well, flying of the panels.

*Boom*

Sasha blew up yet another crate, causing more black smoke to appear. You could hear the gunmen coughing and sounding disoriented.

'So far so good. The smoke is working in our favour'

As you spotted a man in front of you, you remembered what Armin and Marco had revealed earlier. Together they had discussed the gear the enemy uses and concluded that they can only shoot in the direction their gun is pointing, which is also there the wires are located. Therefore they can't aim as they like if they are in motion and using the wires; a huge disadvantage on their part. Striking from behind is your best bet.

You closed in on him, swiftly cutting his throat with one swipe of your blade when you were close enough. The man fell limp down to the ground, and you kept going full speed ahead, trying to spot anyone you could take down next.

To your right you spotted Connie who had recently appeared out of the smoke.

"Look over there! Shoot him!", a lady ordered as she also spotted him. You quickly reached for one of the flare guns attached to your hip, aiming slightly to Connie's left. The green flare provided enough cover for him to slip back down into the black smoke unnoticed, while the enemies shot holes aimlessly through the flare.

"I missed? Where are they?!", one of the men shooting the flare exclaimed confused, placing himself against one of the pillars to look around. Connie came flying in from behind him, the man plummeting to the ground. Connie now stood where the man just was, planning his next move.

You were just about to turn around when you noticed the lady from before aiming her gun at a clueless Connie.

"You're mine". You barely even managed to take breath before an arrow pierced her heart.

'Sasha'

You had never felt so relieved, quickly attaching your hook next to Connie on the pillar and reeling yourself in.

"Connie! Hide in the smoke and fight!", you heard Armin yell from the entrance. Him and Sasha were the only ones still standing there, meaning the rest was fighting somewhere in the smoke. Connie turned to look at you once you reached him.

"Stay at the surface of the smoke or below as much as you can", you advised, grabbing a hold of his arm to yank him down with you. You couldn't stay out in the open like that any longer than you already had.

"O-of course", he said, slightly shaken up, before you let go of him once safely down by the smoke.

The ear-ringing sound of two gunshots flying right past you made you abruptly turn around.

'Now is your chance!'

You sent a hook right through her abdomen, reeling her in towards you before swiftly cutting her throat once she was close enough. It takes a while for them to reload once two shots are fired, giving you time to take them head on.

*Pfft, pftrht*

You quickly looked down at your gear once hearing the sound.

"God dammit", you muttered harshly, attaching one hook to the nearest pillar. Once securely placed you started fumbling with your right wire-compartment. The wire was wedged, the rest of it now hanging limp a few metres below you. "Fuck fuck fuck", you repeated, trying to free the wire by force, nothing seeming to work.

*Gunshot*

You ducked, barely dodging a bullet meant for your head. Turning to face the shooter, you raised your blade, just about managing to use it as a shield from the next bullet. It seemed like his shots caught the attention of other enemies around him, you now spotting at least three more men heading in your direction from afar. You released one blade from your handle, sending it spinning right at the man who just tried to kill you. He didn't see it coming since he was busy reloading, the blade penetrating his stomach.

'Shit, okay, think Y/N'

You continued tugging at the wire, feeling it slightly release. Whatever you were doing seemed to be working, but you needed more time. Looking back over at the three enemies, they had inched even closer, and you tugged more desperately.

A wall of green flares suddenly separated you and the men, which made you turn to look Armin's way. He noticed you struggling and covered you while Sasha prepared to shoot one of the men down.

"Y/N!". Mikasa and Marco suddenly appeared by your side. They took one look at your gear, then one look at each other, before nodding once. Mikasa immediately flew through the green wall, taking down the men with ease, while Marco stayed to help you with your gear. He placed his feet on either side of you while crouching down to look at the wire-compartment. He had a concentrated look on his face, his hands moving with urgency.

"It looks like we just have to force it out. It's severely wedg-"

"Marco!", you shrieked, an enemy popping out of the remnant of the green smoke. He jerked up from his crouched position, immediately piecing together the reason for your despair. He was facing you, therefore an easy target. Your eyes widened as yours met his, and you prepared for the worst.

*Gunshot*

It all happened so fast, and you felt yourself falling, expecting to open your eyes to the sight of him with blood seeping out of his mouth. Hesitantly you opened them, realizing the arms clinging to your body.

'He's okay'

He put you down once you landed on the ground, the thick smoke making it hard to see anything. But you still noticed the hook you used to fasten yourself to the pillar, now clutched in his right hand. He must have yanked it out so that he could get both of you to safety before the man could make his second shot.

You were still kind of shocked, just standing there wide eyed while Marco started to fumble with the wedged wire again. With another firm pull, he managed to yank it out. It was finally working as it should again. You smiled at him, about to thank him, when he quickly placed you behind him. The man from earlier had followed you down.

Marco attached his hook to the pillar, running up along it before jumping towards the man who was now aiming at you. Marco tackled him mid-air, just like you did to that lady in Trost, and slit his throat before he could pull the trigger.

"We need to get going Y/N", he said once back on the ground. You nodded, giving him a quick hug before activating your gear again.

"Thank you Marco", you whispered, him giving you a smile as you parted ways again.

Once breaking the surface of the smoke you just managed to see Levi landing a cut to Kenny's side. Kenny were quick to flee the scene.

"Aaah", Hange's voice rang through the hall, and you quickly searched for her whereabouts. She was swung around by the blonde lady from before, her hook piercing Hange's shoulder.

"Hange!", you didn't hesitate, manoeuvring your way towards her in a hurry. The lady ended up smacking Hange hard against one of the pillars before retracting her hook. Hange was now falling limp down along it, finally crashing against the ground with a thud.

"NO!"

"Hange!", Moblit yelled.

"Now! Fall back to the final defensive post!", the blonde ordered, the remaining enemies now hurrying off to the other side of the vast hall.

You finally reached Hange, falling to your knees beside her. You examined her gently with shaking hands, Moblit joining you the second he got there.

"I think she'll be fine, we need to get her out of here though", Moblit finally decided, Armin helping him support her weight. With Hange in the clear, you finally let yourself take in the current situation. It seemed the enemies had blocked the entrances with vast nets.

'Those will be hard to get throu-'

A blinding ray of golden light abruptly appeared from the other side of the net. It's the exact same light that comes as a result of a titan transformation.

"A titan transformation?", Levi said to himself.

"Can it be Eren?!", you asked the others while trying to shield your eyes from the strong light. A rumbling sound started, accompanied by a slight shaking in the ground that became stronger by the second.

"This place is going to collapse!", Sasha said while looking up at the roof which was currently making cracking sounds.

"Captain! The hole!", Marco pointed at the roof, noticing the net once covering a medium sized hole had flown off.

"Amin! Moblit! Take Hange and get the hell out of here! The rest, follow me!". Levi made way for the hole immediately, the rest of you following him like a shadow while Armin and Moblit left through the door you all came from.

~

Reaching the other end of the tunnel-like space you entered once you went through the hole, you spotted Eren and Historia on a ramp-like structure. In front of them was the biggest titan you had ever seen, still in the midst of transforming. Eren was chained up, Historia seemingly trying to free him.

None of you stayed lingering in the tunnel, quickly making your way down to your friends. Mikasa caught Historia seconds before she would have been smacked against the crystalised wall, after the titan sent out an even more powerful gust of wind.

"You okay?", Mikasa asked her worried. The rest of you reached them, struggling against the hot wind which became stronger and stronger.

"Give me the keys!", Levi ordered. Eren turned around in complete bewilderment. It was clear he didn't expect you to reach him at this point.

"Captain? You guys..."

You ran towards him, clinging to his torso to prevent yourself from flying backwards. Levi and Jean did the same, positioning themselves at his hands. Levi managed to open the lock to his left hand.

"Y/N, hurry!", he handed the keys to you. You fumbled a bit with them, trying to find the key that matched the lock on his foot.

"Forget about me! Captain! Hurry and escape!"

"Shut up already, you topless wimp! It's not just a titan! There's dudes with guns coming for us!", Jean exclaimed. The second he finished his sentence, you managed to open the lock.

"He's loose!", you declared, quickly handing Jean the keys.

"The ceiling! Look out!", Mikasa's voice yelled from behind you. You looked up to see the titan breaking through the roof due to its size.

'It must be even bigger than the Colossal Titan!'

Large chunks of crystals started falling down as the ceiling began to give in. Jean managed to free Eren's hand, and the three of your pulled him back against the wall before the crystals could hit any of you.

You were all now standing with your backs against the wall, both the falling crystals and the strong wind preventing you from going anywhere.

"Shit! There's no way out!", Jean said stressed. Marco held his hand out against your front in a desperate attempt to protect and shield you from harm, though you both knew it didn't necessarily help in this situation. The sound of Eren crying is what made you turn your focus away from the giant titan in front of you.

"I'm sorry, everyone... I've been nothing but useless... Ever since the very beginning, I was never the hope of humanity...". He was sitting down on the ground in a defeated manner while talking. You raised your brows at the sight.

"What's this? Think you're some tragic hero? When have you ever accomplished anything by your strength alone?", Jean said.

"What a weakling", Connie added with a smirk. "We've been through much worse than this"

"Not that I wanna get used to it!", Sasha said loudly.

"What she said", you added, looking at Eren. Eren's eyes had become wider and wider the more your guys spoke, now sitting there dumbfounded.

"Still, it's going to suck trying to navigate through all that", Connie motioned to the falling debris and steaming hot titan.

"I'll take Eren", Mikasa declared, taking a slight step froward.

"It's useless. We can't escape". Eren was still acting completely defeated.

"So do nothing? I'm sorry Eren, but it seems like you don't even know who you're talking to!", you said firmly.

"We can't just sit here and hold hand till we're crushed or burned to death!", Historia chimed in with fire in her eyes. Eren looked from you over at Historia with a desperate look.

"I hate doing this to you every time, but... You've got to choose eren". You thought back to the forest where Levi gave Eren the choice to either stay human or turn into a titan, and you knew Eren did the same. Last time he made that choice it ended horribly. But more specifically; last time he chose to do nothing- it ended horribly. You already knew he didn't want to make the same mistake again.

Eren gritted his teeth as he screamed in determination. Grabbing something from the ground, he got up and ran towards the titan.

"Eren!"

Reaching the end of the ramp, golden light surrounded him. His titan form appeared, but this time accompanied by blue, crystal-like strings coming from underneath him. The strings were forming a cage around him, slowly closing up the gaps between them.

"What... the..?", Connie struggled to understand the sight before him, just like the rest of you.

"Everyone! Get underneath Eren!". It seemed like Levi had connected the dots, quickly making his way to Eren. Marco grabbed your hand as you followed. All around you the once strong pillars snapped, the ceiling moments away from falling. The crystal cage was almost all closed up, only foot-sized debris able to get through, Marco pulled you in against him and made sure to shield you in case any of the debris fell your way. You didn't want him to put himself in danger for you like that, but you knew struggling would do no good. Marco knows you're physically stronger than him, and therefore aims to protect and help you in any way he can to 'make up for it'.

The cage had successfully blocked out the giant boulders, the rumbling eventually decreasing as the titan must have started moving away from the area.

Marco released his hold on you, and you could finally look around you. You gaped at the sight of a crystalised titan form, more specifically; Eren's crystalised titan form.

_________________________________

A/N:

Eren and Historia are back!

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for the next chapter!<3

~Jen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

561K 13K 33
Year 845, the year Wall Maria met its doom. The residents within Wall Maria stared at the wall. A head was now visible...it was a titan... 'A titan...
37.8K 1K 43
You are a strong young woman, Y/N Hanzer, who escaped from the Underground City with your best friend, Greg Schneider. But one day, Commander Erwin S...
965 19 18
You come from Marley on one of the ships to inspect the "Heaven". But instead of investigating, you end up being held by the survey corps (as an impo...
284 3 6
"Hard times are often blessings in disguise. You must let go and let life strengthen you. No matter how much it hurts, hold your head and keep going...