Flower Prince - Corpsekkuno

By faijae

In the kingdom of Offpire, we meet the young runaway Sykkuno. After fleeing his previous home, Sykkuno fou... More

! Disclaimers !
- Chapter 1 -
- Chapter 2 -
- Chapter 3 -
- Chapter 4 -
- Chapter 5 -
- Chapter 6 -
- Chapter 7 -
- Chapter 8 -
- Chapter 9 -
- Chapter 10 -
- Chapter 11 -
- Chapter 12 -
- Chapter 13 -
- Chapter 14 -
- Chapter 15 -
- Chapter 16 -
- Chapter 17 -
- Chapter 18 -
- Chapter 19 -
- Chapter 20 -
- Chapter 21 -
- Chapter 22 -
- Chapter 23 -
- Chapter 24 -
- Chapter 25 -
- Chapter 26-
- Chapter 27 -
- Chapter 29 -
- Chapter 30 -
- Chapter 31 -
- Chapter 32 -
- Chapter 33 -
- Chapter 34 -
- Chapter 35 -
- Chapter 36 -
- Chapter 37 -
- Chapter 38 -
- Chapter 39 -
- Chapter 40 -
- Chapter 41 -
- Chapter 42 -
- The End -
- Epilogue -
Tiny Extra
Future Stories
+ Fanart
+ More Fanart

- Chapter 28-

1K 61 82
By faijae

"Finally," Asher huffed. "What took you so long?"

"Heh, sorry, Asher. I had to speak with a friend." Sykkuno responds.

Sykkuno hoists himself up into the carriage, sitting beside Asher. He puts his bags by his feet below him.

Asher shifted in his seat as the carriage began to move. He pulled out a small notebook from his own bag along with a pencil. Sykkuno could hear the sounds of scribbling and found it somewhat calming.

"What are you drawing?" Sykkuno asked, leaning over. Asher counters by flinching his notebook away from view. "Oh, sorry. Did you not want me to see?"

"No, it's just not done yet. It's an embarrassment to show you now."

"I see. I look forward to seeing it!"

Asher grumbles something vague and goes back to his drawing.

As for Sykkuno, he leans back, looking through the window mindlessly. All of a sudden, he has to travel back to Ambrose. Sykkuno felt both anxious and comforted, probably because he'll have Toast, Rae, Corpse and even Emma there for him. What would Mom and Dad think when they see him again? Regardless, he should leave the talking to Emma and Corpse. To the people who are actual royals.

He couldn't imagine a future with him being in any authoritative position, and frankly; He doesn't want it.

◈◈◈

Sykkuno woke up to gentle shakes. Asher was at his side, hand on his shoulder. "We're here."

Sykkuno nods and yawns while Asher steps out of the carriage, almost stumbling over. The herbalist grabs his bags and does the same, quickly catching up to Asher. He takes a good look at the castle. It looks different in some way. Sykkuno can only hope the people inside have changed too.

It's funny to him since he came to Offpire to get away from Ambrose, only to return to the home of the dreadful memories.

A woman, dressed in a well-tailored suit, walks up to both Asher and Sykkuno. "Welcome, to Ambrose," he says, bowing slightly. "My name is Gertrude. I'll be your attendant for the time of your stay."

"Where is your greenhouse?" Asher asked. "Ah, straight to the point, I see." Gertrude smiles. "No worries, you'll see it soon enough. Please, follow me."

Asher follows expectantly, holding onto his bags. "He's excited." Sykkuno realizes. However, his positive thoughts plummet when he apprehends he can't feel the same.

◈◈◈

Gertrude showed both Asher and Sykkuno to their sleeping quarters. Afterwards, Asher went with him to the greenhouse. Sykkuno, however, decided to stay behind, telling them both he would come over later. Gertrude had told him, when he did, to wear his uniform.

He looked up at the ceiling while resting on the bed. So far, the return to Ambrose is a bore. The brunet has thought about too much for one to handle recently. Ludwig told him that he should be maintaining a cover and work on his studies until Emma arrives. But he felt faint.

Sykkuno resisted the urge to take a nap right there and then on the comfy mattress. But Ludwig is right. If Offpire learns of Sykkuno's true intentions of travelling to Ambrose, he would be in significant trouble.

He lifted himself out of bed and slipped on his uniform. Then he grabbed his mailbag bag and slumped it over his shoulder. "Might as well check out the greenhouse..." Sykkuno thought.

As he's been there before, he didn't need Gertrude to show him the way.

However, while he was walking, maids and butlers threw him glances. He knew that they somewhat recognized him. It's only a matter of time before both The King and Queen learn of his presence.

He successfully travelled to the greenhouse without any interruptions. "Thomas, you've finally decided to join us." Gertrude greets. "Asher was asking for you."

"Oh really? I should go see him then." Sykkuno begins to jog away when he feels Gertrude grab tightly on his arm. "Make sure to roll up your sleeves, don't want them to get too dirty," he says, folding the cuffs upwards. "Thank you!"

"Of course, your majesty."

◈◈◈

So, Gertrude knows. That makes Sykkuno think everyone knows as well. Of course, they still all believe he is here for his work. He'll have to keep his head down and stay away from everyone else.

Asher was kneeling by one of the planters, pruning herbs. Sykkuno went to kneel beside him. "Thomas, take these and grind them up, please," Asher dryly states as he gives a basket of herbs to Sykkuno. "Do you know where the medical wing is?"

"Yup! I passed it on my way here." Sykkuno responded. Although it was a lie, he spent most of his childhood there. He took the basket in his hands and left his side by Asher. "He could have at least said 'hello' to me," Sykkuno pouts.

◈◈◈

The rest of the day went by quickly. After hours of working, Thomas set off into town. He remembered that Toast and Rae would be here, but he didn't see them anywhere in the plaza. "We should have talked more about meeting up..."

Asher was still back in the castle. He insisted on continuing work while Sykkuno took a break.

To kill time, Sykkuno went to a local souvenir shop. It was small and sold many trinkets. He browsed through the shelves until he found a small blue box. He took it in his hands and read the gold text on the lid.

"Anna's Earthy Scents." Sykkuno cringed. It's the name of a soap brand, no doubt. Of course, he has to fulfill Nox's request for soap. "Wait, Nox?"

He took the box of soap to the store clerk and paid for the product. Then he sprinted off the shop and starting running back to the castle. Sykkuno completely forgot to head to Woodwell for the package! The Chief was counting on him to get it from Nox. Woodwell was about 60 kilometres away. Practically a ten-hour walk.

Of course, he'd completely forgotten to tell the driver of the carriage to head there first!

"Ok, I can ask Gertrude for a ride to Woodwell and back. That isn't so bad." Riding by carriage would make the trip faster. But it would take hours upon hours. If he wanted to leave, he would have to now.

"Over here, Sykkuno!"

Huh?

"There you are. We'd thought we'd lost you!" Rae and Toast were here. That's a relief. "It's good to see you. I'm in a bit of a situation here."

"Ludwig told me you were going to Woodwell first, so we went there to meet you," Toast says. "But we couldn't find you, but then I remembered Ludwig also told me that you were going to pick up a package at some doctor's place, so we went there, still didn't find you. We figured you missed the stop there since that guy Nox still had that package The Chief wanted you to get."

"So, we picked it up for you!" Rae finishes.

The boy stood stunned. "You guys are literal lifesavers..." Sykkuno chuckles.

"Don't worry about it," Rae says. 

"I've been feeling so stressed lately, I completely forgot." 

◈◈◈

Sykkuno, Toast and Rae went to get a bite to eat. It was strange how Toast was acting a little less stern. Instead, he laughed at Rae's jokes and seemed more carefree.

"When is Corpse coming?" Toast asked.

"Corpse?" Rae chimed. "He's the prince guy, right?"

Both Sykkuno and Toast nodded. "He's coming with Emma in two days."

Rae leaned back in her chair. "You know, I'm thinking of trying out to become a knight back in Offpire."

"I think you would be good at it. I remember you with a sword when we first met." Sykkuno recalled.

"It would be handy. You could learn from The Chief of Knights what strategies they plan to use when raiding a village." Toast whispered, unfazed.

Sykkuno's head drooped a little.

He can't forget the reason why he's here.

◈◈◈

Alright so, I know I promised romance, But I already wrote this chapter and didn't want to restart it o-o

But starting for the next chapter and onwards, expect more fluffy scenes :D

TIEM FOR QUESTION: Has school ended for you yet? I still have another month :(

Have a good morning, afternoon or night!

-fai

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

637 26 10
⚠️I DO NOT ACTUALLY SHIP CORPSE AND SYKKUNO IRL!! Inspired by: yuecubed on youtube (This playlist to be exact, it's really good :] : https://www.you...
25.4K 628 17
WARNING⚠️: If anyone in this story feels uncomfortable or violated with my story in particular I will take it down or take them out the story. (hone...
13K 400 21
sykkuno and corpse are beginning there last year of college. corpse sees sykkuno being bullied but doesn't help?!?! He then finds out that sykkuno is...
126K 5K 16
Two Streamers; one that always hides his smile and the other that doesn't show his face at all. Through playing Among us, Corpse and Sykkuno seem to...