- Chapter 22 -

Ludwig was in the warehouse helping Asher with organizing documents. He was standing on a ladder to reach some of the higher boxes on the shelves, while Asher handed him new medical records they've received for Ludwig to place in their rightful spots.

How did he get here? This job was boring to him. He would be better off doing something else, maybe something to do with deserts. Ludwig had considered opening up a bakery, but he never got around to it.

"Sir?" a soft voice asks. Ludwig flings his head around to find the cause of the sound. "Hey, Asher!"

"While you were daydreaming..." the young boy deadpanned while Ludwig chuckled awkwardly. "The prince stormed in here requesting your presence."

Ludwig stiffed for a moment before hopping off the ladder. "Thanks kid, try to finish up with these documents while I'm gone." Asher nodded and took Ludwig's former place up on the ladder.

Ludwig walked into the lobby, where he saw Corpse sitting down, his leg bouncing up and down anxiously. The prince looked over and stood up to walk over. "Uh, you good man?" Ludwig asked. "I need to tell you something." Corpse answers. "But first, is there anywhere we can talk privately?"

"Not really no,"

"I'll be quick then," Corpse sighed. "I found something."

'What did you find?" Ludwig queried.

"It's a map- well, more of a hit list, of all the raids."

"Wait, really?"

"Yes, really." Corpse concluded. "This is huge, we could use this." Ludwig mumbles. "Where is this map now?"

"It's hidden away in my room,"

"Alright, I want you to bring it to me tomorrow morning. I'll hide it away in the pharmacy."

Corpse nods then leaves in a hurry.

◈◈◈

Cadáver was shamefully relieved that it wasn't Sykkuno who he'd spoken to. After last night's events, he can't help but feel guilt. He sped his walking up faster through the hallway and bumped into someone. "Ah, so sorry," she said. "No worries-". Cadáver looked at her face. It was Emma.

"Good afternoon Cadáver, what are you doing coming from the medical wing? Are you alright?" Emma worried.

"Fine, fine," he responded. "What about you?"

"I was actually heading to the medical wing myself. There is someone I want to see."

"Who may that be?"

"My brother."

Corpse paled. "Your brother? I thought you told me he went missing."

"Oh! Did I actually say that?" Emma giggled. "Why yes, surprisingly, I found my brother here! He works here."

"Does your parents know about this?"

"No, and I do not intend to tell them. My brother seems to be happier here," she says. "You don't go telling anyone either."

Corpse nods in recognition, "Who is your brother? Perhaps I could get to know him."

Emma tilts her head with a rather pointed look. "Haven't you already met him?" she inquired. The prince raises an eyebrow, and Emma laughs at his ignorance. Although it isn't his fault, she can't help but find his expression amusing.

"Well, hopefully, you'll meet him soon enough."

"Aren't you going to inform me about him?"

Emma shakes her head, "He doesn't wish for his rank to be revealed just yet. Good luck finding out by yourself." she says, walking away.