I Need A Girl. D SWING (Compl...

By sereniity-

🎶 Most of these girls be confusing me. I don't know if they really love me or they using me.🎶 - I Need A Gi... More

❁ Cast List ❁
❁ Engagement Party ❁
❁ Adidas Superstars ❁
❁ Let's Work This Out ❁
❁ Just Keeping A Low Profile ❁
❁ Everything Is Not As It Seems ❁
❁ Don't Be Someone You're Not ❁
❁ But Your Lies Ain't Working Out ❁
❁ We Need A Resolution ❁
❁ Make No Mistake, She Needs A Break ❁
❁ Ain't No Jodeci Without DeVante! ❁
❁ Got A Problem? Let's Resolve It ❁
❁ At The Crack Of Dawn ❁
❁ It's Official, You Got Issues ❁
❁ Start Actin' Your Darn Age ❁
❁ Incomplete Without A Couple's Retreat! ❁
❁ A Problem Shared Is A Problem Halved ❁
❁ Dunno What I Got Myself Into ❁
❁ Real Eyes Realise Real Lies ❁
❁ Not Mad, Just Indifferent ❁
❁ Putting 2 & 2 Together, Literally ❁
❁ Help Me Now, Else I'm Taking You Down ❁
❁ You Better Sit Back Down, Whatcha Mean? ❁
❁ The Feud To End All Feuds ❁
❁ Work With Me Girl, It'll Just Take Some Time ❁
❁ Katari & Severin ❁
❁ Your Loyal Matchmaking Service ❁
❁ It's Gone From Bad To Worse ❁
❁ Where There's A Will, There's Always A Way ❁
❁ Always Stand Up For What You Believe In ❁
❁ You've Been Hit By A Smooth Criminal ❁
❁ Right Now I've Been Down And Lonely ❁
❁ You Such A Diva, Drama Queen ❁
❁ What Are Roommates For? ❁
❁ You Only Say Goodbye With Words ❁
❁ Why You Gotta Go So Low, Bro? ❁
❁ Have To See It To Believe It ❁
❁ I'm Sorry Things Had To Be Like This ❁
❁ I Thought I Had This Under Control ❁
❁ Making Things Right Tonight ❁
❁ I Don't Think You're Ready For This Jelly ❁

❁ It Is Just Me? Or Did You Order A Thorny Tree ❁

42 2 0
By sereniity-

Last chapter. It may be shorter than usual but hope you enjoy regardless.

Chapter Forty Two / Epilogue

DeVante and Solana's wedding had gone great.

At first.

Right now, like with Jordan Francis and Katari, they had just said their vows to each other.

As Enrique was hosting their wedding, somebody else was hosting theirs, and it was someone more professional too because Enrique didn't ask anyone if they had objected to the wedding before they had said I do.

And no one had even noticed this because they were just too hyped about the wedding.

"Now before DeVante and Solana begin to say I do to each other, is there anyone out there that objects to them being married? Speak now or forever hold your peace."

No one had said anything for a while, with both of them smiling.

Until...

Jordan Francis' mother Acacia had walked in, saying that she had objected to the wedding.

Her husband Raymond and her sister Ariella didn't know she had snuck off here because they were too busy enjoying Jordan Francis and Solana's wedding to notice.

Regardless of how badly it went.

Acacia was wearing this today:

Kind of looking like this was all planned, because it was.

When she had said that she had objected to the wedding, everyone had looked at her, with Solana groaning.

They had gotten along although ever since  she had divorced Jordan Francis and the other way around, Acacia inevitably wasn't the nicest person to her.

"You know her?"

DeVante didn't know Jordan Francis' parents like that, as far as he was concerned, he had never met them before.

They weren't at Serayah's funeral because to be fair they didn't know her like that.

"Yeah, she hates me. Absolutely hates me. I'm the reason Jordan Francis filed for a divorce even though I was the one that had asked him for a break."

Not just that but Acacia had completely ruined the dinner party when Solana had come over to Jordan Francis' house for the first time.

When they were still together anyway.

That was like seven months ago though. So why she was still holding grudges against that, DeVante didn't know.

And neither did Solana either by the looks of things.

"I object to them being married. I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm all for DeVante."

She had smiled at him, then she had turned to Solana, frowning.

"I'm just against Solana."

A lot of people had known that she was Jordan Francis' mother, wanting to know why she was here instead of at her own son's wedding.

"Because there's nothing to ruin there."

Then she had gotten to why she didn't want Solana to marry DeVante, even before the wedding director had asked her that.

The more she talked then the more she had gotten to DeVante and Solana.

I'll have you know that this she devil Solana here was the reason Jordan Francis had been upset for a long time.

Ever since their divorce and before Jordan Francis had proposed or gotten close to Katari in general, he had sleepless and crying nights.

Over a girl that's not even worth it in the first place. He had a girl and he lost her. He needed another one.

I'll be the first to say that stupid Solana leaving Jordan Francis was secretly a blessing in disguise, as now he's with someone who actually loves him.

A lot of arguing had happened there, with Solana wanting to hurt her especially how she was right in front of her, but DeVante had gotten her before it was too late.

Get this — she wanted to have a break with him and she couldn't even stick to the stupid rules of the break whilst Jordan Francis did!

She had gone around being intimate with DeVante here even though she had promised not to and—

"Look, Acacia, there's a reason your parents decided to name you after a thorny tree, 'cause that's exactly what you are!"

That was coming from Solana as security were holding onto Acacia and DeVante stopping her once again from fighting her.

That was a fight she was not going to win. Acacia may have been almost seventy but she wasn't a weak person.

DeVante had told her not to stoop to her level as security was dragging Acacia away even as she was still ranting about all the dirt she had on Solana.

She was even trying to break free from them too which didn't work as they were holding her pretty tightly.

After that had happened, everyone had looked at them blankly, not saying anything.

They were judging Solana now for what had just happened, with some even leaving.

This was why Jordan Francis and Katari didn't want so many people at their wedding, in case something like this had happened.

They wanted to save themselves from public embarrassment, that was why.

"Now I know y'all ain't leaving," DeVante had interrupted, with everyone stopping to look at them. What he did next was amazing.

He stuck up for her.

And I know what y'all are thinking, he continued. You're judging Solana.

That's the problem with society. Everyone is so quick to point and judge the mistakes of others that they hardly look at their own.

Nobody's perfect. Okay so Solana screwed up. But whoever has not sinned should cast the first stone.

No one had replied, with some people trying to leave actually coming back because DeVante here had a point and they knew it.

Exactly. Everyone has sinned. But I'm running out of relevant scriptures to dump on you.

I've made many mistakes in my life. And if you guys can't handle Solana's then maybe you shouldn't be here. I have many flaws.

For example, I jump to conclusions pretty quickly, which can inevitably annoy people at times. I can be a perfectionist at times too, which is very limiting.

Sometimes I even talk in my sleep.

"Yeah and he occasionally sings in his sleep too! Like once when Jodeci had an argument, he was singing," Dalvin joked around, even though it was true.

Then the rest of Jodeci sang

All we do is make up
And breaaak up
When will we wake up
And seeeee

DeVante chuckled with Solana asking him what he was doing and why he was doing it.

He just looked at her for a second, and smiled.

"I'm defending my wife," he whispered. "I agreed to be with you in sickness and in health, through thick and thin."

She had smiled, with some people going round and talking about their biggest mistakes as well as their insecurities— now that they were all being personal and that.

Those talking stood up even though they didn't have to.

Some teenage boy hated their freckles as they believed it had made them look like they had a disease, even though others had loved them.

A really pretty girl had struggled with self esteem issues and was seriously depressed.

A rich man struggled with anxiety.

And then some.

Someone as famous as DeVante opening up about his issues allowed the rest of them to do the same for like ten minutes.

**********

After the wedding was over, it was time for the party, with Severin coming in for this.

The last thing they had done before the party had begun was for Solana to throw the banquet, which Layla Grace had caught, and she was terrible at catching.

Then again Solana wasn't the best thrower plus throwing the banquet didn't seem optional so she didn't say anything on this.

As DeVante and Solana were going in together after getting changed, they had seen him texting someone and they had greeted him as well.

"Congrats y'all, I'm so proud of you. I'm so sorry I couldn't come earlier though, I wanted to go to both weddings."

They had forgiven him for that, understanding him, then DeVante had kind of unintentionally gotten personal with him.

"You okay, Severin? I mean today must have been kind of hard for you. Sorry to bring that up."

He was supposed to marry Serayah but it was too late, she was long gone now.

He didn't reply for the longest time, with DeVante being worried that he had upset him, and to be honest he kind of did.

"Nah it's cool," Severin deadpanned, not looking at them once. "I'm here to support both of you guys, don't worry about me."

He was lying though, he wasn't fine, however he didn't want them to worry about him that much.

Even though they knew he was lying, sadly they couldn't have stayed long to chat as they had a party to get to, so they hugged each other again.

Severin had texted a few people and sighed after both of them had left.

Dang.

Now he needed a girl too...

THE END

Well that's the end of the book, y'all!

Just kidding— I can't just leave the book like that. No way. There's going to be a sequel soom. I'll update this book when there is one!

It will be called I Need A Girl Too.

Dedicated to PuddieJackson , SCORPIIOSZN , Queen_Saldana, and CassieAndra9

Hope you enjoyed reading, I definitely enjoyed writing and there's no doubt about that.

Love y'all so much and look out for the sequel 👀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

673K 26K 40
"If you asked me three months ago what heartbreak was, I would tell you it's losing somebody close to you due to unspeakable circumstances. But right...
258K 5.4K 28
Hi i am Shanaya Kapoor and i am 14.I had a best friend Dev Malhotra and he is a charmer.All the girls in school worships the path he walks.. But i do...
124K 4.8K 34
My luck with a guy has been sucks for a while. My friend told me that maybe I need to try a new way. I always take everything seriously in relationsh...
794K 24.7K 30
Love never came easily for Nathan Reed. Growing up, when his friends would get girlfriends, he would always be the single one. He would be the one th...